Splashtop SOS Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

Excellent and appropriately priced alternative to the overpriced competing products.
Can have some troubles moving files between computers etc.

Splashtop SOS users...

ConnectWise Control-logocaret

ConnectWise Control

ISL Light-logocaret

ISL Light

How would you rate Splashtop SOS?

The solution we were looking for.

Transcript

Matt: Hi, my name is Matt. I'm the president of our IT company. I would give Splashtop a five based off...

Using Splashtop during pandemic

During the pandemic lock-down, our IT department had to continue provide technical support to students and faculty who continue having their classes online, this tool arrived on time.

Pros

Providing support to users who uses Windows based computers is straight forward. End users that never used Splashtop before did not have any problems sending us the 9-digit code in a short time. What helps is that the remote software is not heavy and the UI is easy to understand.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself using a Linux based computer and need to provide remote help, sadly I could not find a Linux version for the agent side.

Hi Miguel, Thank you for the rating and review. Our goal is to provide the simplest and fastest remote access and remote support solution at an extremely affordable price. A good news to share with you that we do support Linux. Here's the link for your reference: https://www.splashtop.com/downloads#sos If you need any further assistance, please contact us at customer-success@splashtop.com. Our entire team is at your disposal. Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

The solution we were looking for.

We've tried several products over the past few years and they we either missing important features or were priced too high. Splashtop SOS resolved this for us by offering a full feature set at a reasonable price. We've been able to support non-managed clients which has resulted in an additional revenue stream. Our overall experience with Splashtop SOS has been great!

Pros

- Easy to use / deploy for on-demand support customers. - Customers with little to no technical skills can quickly launch the app. - Contains all the features needed to remote support and resolve technical issues. - Allows us to support "on-demand" clients that are not under contract. - Software has a mobile app that allows us to resolve phone issues for the client.

Cons

We have been using this software for over a year without issue. There is a lighter version included with our RMM tool that lacks a few of the features. However, upon learning about the SOS version, it includes the full feature set we need.

Great remote software

Great software that helped us improve our service and support quality. Easy for customers and techs to use

Pros

Very east to install and lunch. Fast connection with no delay. Full control on device. Chat box with customer. Join session with code. Access mobile devices as well.

Cons

Chat history disappear after restart. It doesnt reconnect automatically after restart. Admin console can be upgraded to include more reports

Splashtop

My overall experience with their free trial was not a good one. Not easy to use and support was not very helpful. Also just installing the software did not remove everything. But I found out where to do that from others online not the Splashtop people.

Pros

I can't say there was anything I liked about this software. The software was not easy to use and came with a few hicupps.

Cons

This software I installed the trial and had issues with it from the start. I tried support and it took a while for them to get back to me so I eventually went on to another software that turned out great.

Splashtop for the win!

Very positive experience. I use it very frequently and rely on it for my business. Never needed tech support but business support has been excellent.

Pros

Splashtop Business aka Splashtop SOS does exactly what it says it will. Supported our entire community during lockdown and enabled free licenses. So easy to get users to sos.spalshtop.com with an autodownload and no install, just run it (unless you're a Mac user but thats Macs over zealous, hard to fathom security locks).

Cons

does lack the ability to get a transcript which would be useful, unless I missed it somehere in the UI.

I started using it since Splashtop was included with my Atera MSP solution and was amazed by the quality of the product and connections. It made sense to dump my much more expensive subscription Teamviewer product for Splashtop SOS. It does everything I need without breaking the bank. Some of my colleague's have been on Splashtop for years and love it too.

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy. Has all the features I could possibly need and then some. I've had other competing subscription products that just kept increasing in cost. Splashtop I think is perfectly priced and excellent quality. Having the ability to view and remote assist a mobile phone user included is a real value add for my clients.

Cons

Ive never really had any major issues while using the product. I wish the on demand SOS download through Splashtop's site could be custom branded instead of having to host and deploy a branded SOS on my own. Other than that can't think of anything else to gripe on. Keep up the excellent work guys!

Great, full featured remote tool

I do technical support, and training for users on a daily basis. I'm often connected to multiple computers at the same time. It pretty well always works perfectly well.

Pros

It does everything that the more expensive programs do, and it works very well. I can have as many concurrent connections open as I need to which I often do.

Cons

Honestly, trying to say the name so that people understand it is the most difficult part.

Great Product for a Great Price!

We have not had to use Support, which says something about the product.

Pros

This product is very easy for our teams to use. It helps us tremendously when our clients do not allow us to RDP into their site. One thing I like about Splashtop that you don't have with some of the other products is the ability to transfer files. This is really important when we are doing an installation and don't have direct access to the server or workstation. The product is also a very good price compared to other products.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons at this time.

Great price to feature ratio. Fantastic sales and support experience.

Pros

Feature parity is about on par with TeamViewer, with a much better price point. Splashtop is fast and just works. Customer service and support is top notch with a fast response time to requests (I received a non-support related response on a Sunday). There was a 20% pricing discount when we signed up, saving us around 40% over TeamViewer. Even at full price, Splastop is still cheaper than TeamViewer.

Cons

There's a few minor issues I've run into, but nothing to really complain about. My biggest complaint is the SOS client seems to take longer to startup and display a support code on remote devices, when compared to TeamViewer QuickSupport. Again, minor issue as it's maybe 20-30 seconds or so. Deploying a customized SOS agent is a manual process, but I received my agent software on the same day as my request (on a weekend too). Lastly, when Splashtop is configured to remove the background (wallpaper / picture) on the remote device you're connecting to, it tends to leave the background blank when you disconnect. I don't find it to be that much of a performance impact, so we simply leave the option to remove the remote device background disabled.

Everything you want, but not too much

Pros

Great for supporting customers on almost any platform. Full access to computer including ability to log on as user or admin. Pricing model of per technician rather than per machine makes this product very attractive. Rock solid stable too.

Cons

SOS product does exactly what I needed. Occasional unattended support on a lot of computers, on almost every OS platform. There are things this product doesn't do, so you may need the enterprise product, but this product gives you a lot of bang for the buck.

Daily use for IT Support - Almost flawless

My overall experience with Splashtop is great. If I send them a question, which is rare due to the simplicity of the software, they answer very quickly. I have even called and gotten to talk to a real person that knows what they are talking about.

Pros

I have an advanced account, which means I can let my clients setup a free Splashtop account, then I can give them access to their specific computer for their own home acess. I have used this for over 40 computers and users during the pandemic, and it has been one of the best things I have ever used. These people have multiple monitors at work, and I setup their home computers to match, so they can...

Cons

What I like least is the fact that Apple will not let Splashtop SOS control and iPad or iPhone instead of just seeing what the user is doing.

This is everything I need in a remote assistance application.

Support has been phenomenal. I talk and they listen. They even implemented a suggestion I had which made Splashtop a more competitive product and it has eliminated the last of my frustrations with the product. They really do listen and the response time is reasonably short. I'd like to tell you about the response time when I have a real problem but I have never had any.

Pros

I can drag and drop files from my desktop to the client's; It is easy for the client to install and use, the client's agent is quite small; Video update time is subjectively short; I frequently do not remember there is a short lag between what happens on the client's computer and when I see the change on my screen. I can see the client's mouse pointer on my screen. This makes it so much easier for the client to explain to me what is happening on their computer. (It is an option, you have to select it.) I can arrange an unattended connection to the client's computer. Some of my clients prefer this.

Cons

My version has a limited number of unattended connections. I don't need an unlimited supply but I do need more than 10.

A Top-Notch Remote Support Solution

Pros

I've used numerous remote solutions thru the years, however Splashtop has been a delight to use without breaking the bank! The solution does everything I need without over-complicating the setup process or being intrusive to my end users.

Cons

I would LOVE to see the ability to adjust the settings of a deployment package without having to create a new package and reinstall.

Great Remote Support Product

Overall, we've been satisfied. It works, it doesn't go down.

Pros

Splashtop was a replacement to us, for LogMeIn (LMI), which had gotten to be price-EXhorbitant over the years! The cost/user's desktop experience was much more manageable, and, therefore, justifiable with Splashtop, versus LMI, and a bunch of competitors...more "bang for the buck" so to speak.

Cons

The SOS costs could be lower...and, the ability to use, say, a "Zoom Meeting" type experience (say, a broadcasted support/training session) should be a standard part of the software! We've been pushing for this, since LMI and GoToMeeting both offered this very important feature!

Splashtop Just Works!

The SOS Software has made on demand support with client easy. I give them the website to go to and generate an access number, they tell it to the tech and hit enter and remote directly into SOS. Fill the gap from our service contract customers and our new customers.

Pros

I have been a long time client of Splashtop close to the beginning before anyone knew of it. I like the ease of use, it just works like the other products. It lets me connect to new and one time customers easily cutting down on travel .

Cons

I have the streamer product and was a little reserved about adding SOS because of cost as I'm a one person shop. If were to have a branded connection would be cool or a link on my website with a branded page. Otherwise I have not had a problem with people finding the correct website and login in. it's been fairly easy for them.

Hi Jay, Thank you for being a Splashtoper since 2014. For the custom branding feature, it's now available on all SOS subscriptions. If you would like to pro-grade, our entire team is at your disposal. Thanks again for being our customer! Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Great products, great support!!

Great product. Great support. No reason to look elsewhere for similar products. This product does it all and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use. Company support always available. Love the product.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like. Everything works perfectly.

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Much less overall cost (by 2/3) from old remote solution.

Pros

Easy of transition from old vendor. Superior functionality.

Cons

Not being able to switch focus of screen from remote PC/MAC to my PC for training an end user by having them be able to see my PC desktop and apps.

Easy solution for Mobile Device Support

Pros

Splashtop was very simple to implement into all of our mobile devices. It is very simple for our users to get remote support.

Cons

There is nothing that I can say that I least like about the software.

The best bang for your buck

We have solved numerous issues such as on site printer issues, upgrades etc.

Pros

This software is able to do everything TeamViewer could do but for a quarter of the price. Our IT department love the software and have already told friends and family to jump on board.

Cons

That you can not take full control of a mobile device from a desktop admin.

Splashtop makes a SPLASH!

Using it currently as an alternative to our primary remoting tool.

Pros

Easy to install as a silent installer and run in the background of the computer. Works perfect as a backup software to our primary remoting tool.

Cons

Misses some useful tools that other remoting and RMM software has. File transfer is buggy at best and there is not a drag and drop software either.

LogMeIn capabilities at a lower cost

Have not needed to use support, software is easy to implement.

Pros

Provides a dashboard (Business App) that shows all computers. Easy to rename, access, and gives options for reboots remotely. Good picture quality depending on ISP speeds. Allows file transfers both ways, shows dual monitors.

Cons

It can get expensive but is much cheaper than LogMeIn.

Splashtop SOS

Pros

I use it to support of clients workstations and phones, it's easy to use and also for my clients to setup.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a voice chat option

Hi Francis, Thank you for the rating and feedback. It's nice to hear how we are helping you with your business. Regarding your comment, we really appreciate it. I have uploaded your suggestion to our system for the feasibility evaluation. Thanks again for choosing Splashtop! Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

One of the better products out there.

We have a lot of remote users that use Teams and Skype. Those are great for easy problems, but when issues need admin privileges, you need something else. We tried a lot of different ones before we made a decision. Splashtop SOS gives all the bells and whistles and more at a great price. The three big things we need are, admin privileges, file transfer, and multiple monitors. This gives us those items and more. Not only does it allow you to switch between monitors, you can drag the multiple monitors across your screens to see it the way the user on the other end sees them as well. Great product.

Pros

It has all of the features of some of the more expensive competitors, but at a much lower price. It is very easy to use and deploy.

Cons

As of right now there is not really anything not to like about this software.

Great tool for remote access

We use this to troubleshoot end-users' laptops when they are working remotely.

Pros

Great tool for IT remote access for end-user support. Works like Logmein Rescue but faster and ultimately much cheaper.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about this tool. It is a lightweight remote access tool that works as advertised. No complaints.

Easy to install and reliable

We use Splashtop Business and Splashtop SOS daily for work and for supporting our production servers and those of our software customers. It has been super reliable, MUCH easier to deploy than GoToMyPC, and cost is reasonable.

Pros

It took almost no effort at all to get a customer connected via this software. Instructions to the customer were one sentence: "Go to <this link> and tell me the number." Performance is fast - no noticeable latency.

Cons

File transfer is not drag and drop - you need to click a file-transfer button and then browse to your files.