Splashtop Remote Support Reviews

Splashtop Remote Support

Remote support for MSPs, IT service providers & helpdesks

4.53/5 (66 reviews)

Pros
  • Super easy to setup, deploy, and maintain. Cost was a driving factor and it fit well into my budgetary guidelines...very affordable in the realm of remote support tools.Shawn B.Read the full review
  • I haven't needed to contact support very much but each time I have they have been quick to help. More than anything in the IT world speed is paramount, these guys are good.Daniel S.Read the full review
  • Overall my experience with Splashtop has been a good one. Easy to use, user friendly, and inexpensive way to remotely access your PC from anywhere.Jeremy W.Read the full review
Cons
  • Occasionally the antivirus add-on bitdefender has trouble deploying to PCs and that integration could be built out better but overall it's hard to complain at the price.Jon H.Read the full review
  • Being able to control my devices from a distance especially when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.Matthew F.Read the full review
  • Cancelled within 30 days knowing I'd owe for full year. THEN they billed me a year later for renewal.Norm S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Matthew Ferguson

Great remote desktop software with incredible features!

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Pros
At times, I would be at home or on the road and need a file or documents from my work PC and this software makes it quite easy to access my devices over the net. it also allows me to access them via mobile device

Cons
The only issues i have is how it works when there is a poor internet connection. Tho this isn't an issue with the software but id rather it prompt me with the error notification much quicker than just lagging which would eventually result in me restarting the application multiple times

Daniel Shortle

Finally, Remote Access with a Smile

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Pros
Functionality across pretty much everything. Fast set up. Secure approval for new machines / users, even down to me having to verify who I am on a regular basis - no trouble, reflects the changing IP's.

Cons
The software working through the app is sometimes a little less than smooth. It still works well but could see some improvement.

Ryan Honig

Great Value and Support!

Reviewed 2020-08-01

While the Remote Support product is pretty easy to figure out, there were a few questions along the way. The support team was very responsive - I used email and chat options.

Pros
We reviewed several products for our company and Splashtop handled our primary needs for supporting our workstations remotely. One of the biggest pros was the inclusion of the employee remote access to their PC's - especially during these WFH times! We ended up saving a substantial amount of money due to the consolidation of IT Remote Support tool and the Employee Remote Access into one product.

Cons
I wish there were more alerts and reporting available, as well as more information provided for each workstation.

Dan Gospe

A good piece of software, although it's bare-bones and a bit slow in comparison with others.

Reviewed 2018-05-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Splashtop has a good price point and is decent entry-level remote control software, although there are alternatives that perform better. It's hard to beat the price, though. Test a few before you decide.

Pros
Super simple to deploy, with support for Macs and PCs. It integrates very well with programs like Autotask, making it very easy to connect to a managed computer that you are also monitoring with Autotask Endpoint Management. Lightweight, small program that is very quick to install.

Cons
In our testing it ran slower than LogMeIn and Teamviewer. There weren't as many options to decrease the resolution to increase network speed, although they may have added that feature as we used this about a year ago. We had trouble connecting to PCs that were in portrait mode, and wouldn't switch to Landscape mode without crashing on some systems.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Eli Hunter

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed 2020-05-25

I was looking for a reasonably priced remote support solution that also enabled me to have clients use the same software to access their computers as well. Once the COVID hit this software enabled me to access smaller clients that did not have any remote access abilities to continue to provide support.

Pros
The ability to create specific installation files with specific configurations for specific clients. Also the ability to create users that can only access certain groups of computers. Set up was super easy and support is accessible and knowledgable.

Cons
The printing functionality is a bit cumbersome. But it works.

Dave OKeefe

Replaced LogMeIn Central and Integrates with Datto RMM

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Connecting to a Splashtop cleint is very fast. I also like how it gives a pop up when we connect/disconnect

Pros
What I like most about the software it s the cost! The cost is amazing compared to what we had with Central. We have close to 500 Machines using the RMM and Splashtop direct.

Cons
When using with Integrated RMM you cant drag and drop files or print. Would like the remote printer to just re-direct the printers instead of having to ad the XPS Viewer.

Shawn Berg

Splashtop Remote Support

Reviewed 2019-12-20

Overall great features, great support, great pricing.

Pros
All pros. I moved our company from LogMeIn Central to Splashtop and couldn't be happier. Super easy to setup, deploy, and maintain. Cost was a driving factor and it fit well into my budgetary guidelines...very affordable in the realm of remote support tools.

Cons
No cons to speak of. It has met our needs and has done so well in the 2 years we've been using Splashtop.

Jon Hayes

Great tool for managing and supporting PCs remotely

Reviewed 2019-10-25

We were using a tool which did not provide elevated permissions on computers which meant some troubleshooting or installation of software remotely was very difficult as we couldn't enter administrator credentials.

Pros
The ease of setup and connecting to a PC for elevated remote support. Features such as chat and file transfer are certainly bonuses.

Drew Looyenga

Great Value for the money for a remoting solution

Reviewed 2018-08-09

I recommend it for cheap/smaller environments that just need simple remoting more than RDP can provide, but I wouldn't use this in an enterprise environment.

Pros
It is cheap and easy to license. The remoting itself is painless and works well, even in situations where internet connection is a bit... murky. Features are slick and well-designed, easy to access. Works great on desktop and phone/tablet solutions. Installer is great and can be automated in a windows environment.

Cons
It lacks some of the "big boy" features that other remoting softwares can provide, but those cost heaps more money. Support is basically a knowledge base, which is lacking, but honestly enough because it's pretty stable.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Carl Thomas

Low cost IT remote support product

Reviewed 2018-12-20

We are happy with the price-feature mix up of this product.

Pros
This is the most cost effective replacement we have found to logmein. Once Logmein raised prices after being purchased by Cisco we looked for alternatives. Splashtop allows us to install on 500+ computers, and can have multiple support agents logged in simultaneously when collaborating to solve a problem. We can even

Cons
Software is easy/intuitive to use, the client is great. The web interface is a bit dated, could use a face lift, but we rarely use it. The client interface works well.

Don Bernstein

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Lower our yearly cost for remote support - and add remote support for MAC users

Pros
Easy to use and easy to implement (install new remote clients was easy)

Cons
Not having an easier way to switch focus from remote desktop to my desktop when assisting someone with SOS remote agent.

Mike Bursack

Great Remote Support for IT.

Reviewed 2019-09-05

I wish I knew about it earlier. They should advertise better especially to IT professionals. LogMeIn was good but they started charging way too much.

Pros
Splashtop helps me in the ability to remote into my PC's without having the user do anything as it loads a small app on the PC that I can see when its online and remote in at will. It also has the ability to let me into any PC that can get on the internet and provide a number that will allow me to get in giving me even more PC's I can access remotely. The price if very affordable for what this can do, it also has a function to chat and do file transfers so it’s a full remote support software. I can access this on my iPhone to remote into PCs as well giving me the ability to do support anywhere and anytime. They supply updates regularly to keep it running in tip top shape.

Cons
There is not much it can't do. As long as they fix bugs that come up sometimes, and they do, its all good.

Matt Irwin

Robust Remote Support

Reviewed 2020-05-27

Any time I have contacted support with a question they were always fast, friendly, and helpful. I haven't needed to contact them about any major issues because it performs like it is supposed to and has never given me any trouble.

Pros
Splashtop was incredibly easy to setup, and is very user friendly. It has all of the features we need and offers features we didn't think we would use but they turned out to be a great bonus to have.

Cons
When it comes to Pro/Cons, there are no cons with Splasthtop. There are a few minor features that would be nice to have, like seeing the user activity status on the main screen of the business app, and we have submitted feature requests, hopefully they will be added in an upcoming product update.

Albert Pastura

Great Functionality and better bang for buck against Teamviewer

Reviewed 2020-05-13

I'm an MSP providing support to small to medium size businesses, I need a cost effective, reliable mobile support tool for all operating systems and Splashtop does it for me. I moved from Teamviewer as it was expensive and cumbersome and wasn't able to support me with a solution unique to my business.

Pros
Easy to use, better screen render than teamviewer, easy to install and great admin controls. Also allowed me to distribute and manage remote administrators.

Cons
does not work on Linux well. Sometimes it does not work and no reason for connection issues. but quick reboot of streamer and the problem is sorted.

Ludovic Resch

Efficiency

Reviewed 2020-05-28

Pros
The most interesting in this software is how that is efficient and easy to install and make all needed setups. After, of course the price compare to equivalent platform is unrivaled. With the deploy app process is very easy to install on all machine with a minimum configuration needed. The view on all machines reachable is efficient and easy to setup to give access different machines (users, groups...) Of course, there are several improvements needed but the basic functions are already impressive, efficient, and work how they are supposed to work.

Cons
Currently, no bad points, splashtop works like a charm.

Makes Remote Support Easy

Reviewed 2019-12-03

It's invaluable to my job as a customer support agent. I love using it and it makes things very simple.

Pros
It's not too clunky, it has a simple interface, and it's at a very affordable price point for small businesses.

Cons
The default option is to not show the remote cursor, which makes it difficult if you are working with a customer and forget to turn it on beforehand.

Coy Ivey

Don’t Waste your money on Logmein, buy this!

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Excellent, Reasonable priced for a package, works like I need it, just don’t change your packages and we will happy.

Pros
Ability to purchase 25 users at a reasonable price so I can access clients without them having to purchase an expensive remote access software.

Cons
No complaints. I don’t know anything to mention here.

Anonymous

Easy and affordable remote support

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Splashtop has been a near perfect solution for our internal support needs. Every workstation in our organization can be accessed to provide support. With multiple locations and remote users it has been one of our best/most valuable support tools.

Pros
Easy and customizable deployment, runs as a service on remote station, client automatically updates, mobile friendly interface. Can also create security groups for others accessing remote stations and control/limit access by group.

Cons
Access is to the desktop only, would be nice to have access to services, task manager, and system updates without logging in to desktop. System resource usage seems a little excessive during the remote session.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Michael Duncan

Very Good Product!

Reviewed 2019-02-06

This is a very good product and it is very-well priced. I use both this product and TeamViewer. It has almost all the same remote support features, and it connects very smoothly. Also, the best distinguishing feature is the deployment setup. It makes it very easy to configure one deployment and deploy it on several computers. The ONLY issue I have a problem with (and this is big to me) is that there is a slight lag whilst already connected. I use the software side-by-side with TeamViewer and the time to send commands, typing, mouse clicks, etc. is significantly longer than with TeamViewer. This is the only thing keeping me from FULLY committing to a premium subscription to Splashtop. I hope that this can be improved, because otherwise this is a very good produce.

Pros
I liked the multi-monitor support the most and also the deployment methods

Cons
I do not like the lag in the connection when sending typing and mouse clicks to remote computer

Jeremy Wagner

Easy to use, user friendly

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-02-07

Pros
Ease of use- Set up is a breeze and getting support from anywhere is easy and inexpensive

Cons
It isn’t free, you do have to pay if you want to remotely access computer FROM OUTSIDE OF YOUR WIFI CONNECTION. Meaning only if you’ll want to access your computer from say...work or school. You have to pay for a subscription.

Awesome Remote Support Tool

Reviewed 2019-12-09

It has become our go to for tech staff working from home, and elsewhere. It is secure, has great features, and has allowed us to do necessary work and provide support outside the office.

Pros
Allows mas deployment throughout our district to securely remote assist our staff. It provides chat tools, screen selection for multiple screens, file transfer, and many more features.

Cons
The pricing model isn't ideal for a large environment like out, so we have had to restrict access to only a few technical staff members.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Marsha Johnson

We can as a teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device.

Reviewed 2017-11-21

You can access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from. To set up this is easy run the software on the computer you wish to be able to access, and set the software to allow accessing that computer from the Internet.

Pros
The ability to access teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device. MSP, IT professionals, service providers, and helpdesks can remotely support their clients, computers and provide them with remote access. I like that about the applications

Cons
Continue to develop and improve on the application. Its is a challenge to access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Manny Plasencia

Great Remote Support

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Would recommend and I had nothing bad to say about this company besides that they can add more features like their competitors.

Pros
I have used this software several times for remote support and was impressed on the various devices that it supports. With a few clicks you on a user's computer.

Cons
The software could be improved and I wish they had an area to add scripts to make remote support easier to do.

Response from Splashtop

Glad you're enjoying Splashtop Remote Support.

We're working on scripts features for our upcoming Remote Support Premium edition. You can get more info and early access by clicking the Premium option on the Splashtop Remote Support web page.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Gary Humphreys

Works like a charm

Reviewed 2019-07-29

I help people use QuickBooks, and a lot of times they just need a quick screen share for a simple problem.

Pros
It is very easy to implement, especially for SOS support.

Cons
I wish it were easier to use remote printing.

Nathan Romano

For the price you can't get a better software.

Reviewed 2017-09-07

The price was what made me look at this software. For the price it is a really good software. I can connect to my computers remotely and manage without problems.

Pros
Splashtop impressed me because the price is not high, they are always improving and the speed of connection is awesome. The first time I tried it I played a video on the remote computer and I was able to watch and hear it fine. It does what its supposed to do, let you remotely connect to a computer in order to manage it. The price is great.

Cons
This is a very good software but it lacks a lot of the things others (that are way more expensive mind you) have. Sometimes the software won't update automatically at the remote computer and sometimes computers just won't be reachable anymore.