FixMe.IT Reviews

FixMe.IT

Remote Support Software That Always Works

FixMe.IT

I have been using FixMe.IT for several years and it works excellent for remote support scenarios

Makes my life easier to fix things for clients instead of trying to walk them through or have them describe error messages.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to setup unattended access clients. The ability for it to run as a service so that users do not need to be logged in for unattended access to work and you can easily switch between windows users on a machine without having to reconnect.

Cons

Current inability to rename groups of unattended access machines. Inability to search on group names in filter list (filter only works on machine names). Inability to have systems on low bandwidth connections reduce. Would like confirmation option when clicking to share *MY* desktop with end user (blue button, because I have accidentally clicked that button when trying to click the yellow one and there is no way to back out before first sharing your desktop with the end user). No OSX/MacOS support.

Support using FixMe.IT

Good to excellent

Pros

a) It is extremely light b) It provides a great number of Unattended clients. c) Unlike the major competitors software, it does not crash on Win 10 updates d) About 1/3 of the yearly cost of the major competitors offerings

Cons

a) When the client has customized their screen, is not always easy to see the download meter. For example, if the client's screen has a dark background, the meter is almost impossible to determine.

Great and easy to use Remote Software

Being able to remotely manage clients on a day to day basis.

Pros

- Easy to setup and use. Direct client to site and grab 6 digit code and go. - Unattended client is great for remote access. Just install and system is auto-added to your list - File transfers are as easy as drag and drop and then accept on client side. Can work in the background while files transfer. - Management screen makes it easy to chat with clients and see groups of clients together and their current status - Seeing whether the PC is in use makes interruption a lot less frequent. - Recently fixed issue with controlling multiple clients. (before had to back out and then go back to your list to open a session (was limited to only 1 active session) - Very cost effective versus other solutions.

Cons

Sadly does not support Macintosh PC's at this time. Has no tablet/phone app like some other remote software (would be nice for remote support on things like Android and Apple tablets)

Simple and Effective

Pros

The ease with which I can connect to client machines from anywhere I have an internet connection and the ability to reboot to safe mode without user assistance is invaluable in troubleshooting.

Cons

No Complaints with this software/service.

Great tool!

Generally pretty good

Pros

Access to client desktop withou the need for traveling to them

Cons

gets blocked by a couple of either products/firewalls and have been unable to get installed at clients as a result

Works well at a price that fits my business.

Pros

Fairly simple with most of the useful features anyone could want in a product like this. Lacks a couple of features the competition has, but those aren't critical.

Cons

Expert application only works on Windows, wish there were a version for iOS. (I can remote-control my PC from my iPhone with VNClite so it CAN be done.) Also, its easy to transmit a file from the expert PC to the client PC; there is no feature to do the reverse. Why not?

Hi Larry, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! There are several options to transfer a file from the client PC to the expert: 1) when running Remote Desktop Control, you can transfer files from the client PC to your own machine by using either drag-and-drop or copy/paste, or 2) the client can use the Send File button located in the top left corner of the Client Application. Best, Dan | Techinline

We just use it. It just works very well.

Quick and easy support for all our Windows clients.

Pros

The recent multiple connections feature is fantastic. We like the way it is continually progressing.

Cons

Hardly any cons at all, no real complaints. That said, the interface could be inproved a bit. We would really like to have a "last seen" column.

Hi Paul, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the "last seen" column - if you're referring to the current status of an unattended computer, you can check when the computer was last used by going to the Unattended Clients list and hovering over the Not In Use status in the Activity column. Please visit our support center for more details: https://docs.fixme.it/unattended-access/managing-unattended-client-list If you have something else in mind, please don't hesitate to share your suggestions with our support team at [email protected] Best, Dan | Techinline

My experience has been fantastic. I can put it on my home machine and work machine. I

I can control my customers much better when they need help.

Pros

I like that I can Sort the unattended Machine by Customer. I also like that it does not use a browser to connect to the customer

Cons

Not Much- I think that they can work on the multi screen function a bit When there are multi screens the resolution is way too small.

Hi Jon, Thank you for your feedback! Have you already tried our new scaling features? Here's a short video that shows how they can help you adjust the size of the remote screen: https://youtu.be/NoryfEpF-CE For instance, if you're working on a remote desktop that has a much smaller screen resolution than yours, you can either scale it to window and then resize it according to your preferences, or choose the Optimal View option (this one automatically calculates the optimal settings based on your and your client's current screen resolution). Regards, Dan | Techinline

Fast and Reliable

Pros

I'm a small business offering managed services (MSP) to my clients. Remote Monitoring solutions usually include some form of remote access but it's no comparison to FixMe. By keeping them separate I don't have to be concerned about setting up access all over again if I switch RMM solutions in the future. For my residential clients I can use FixMe in conjunction with apps such as CCleaner Cloud to connect and then patch applications. FixMe is the framework in which I build my business.

Cons

I would like to see electronic auditing as a future feature. I want to be able to see the system specs on a unattended system without having to connect and view it manually. A Mac client would also be nice.

Quick and easy to use. Nice GUI for grouping and monitoring.

Pros

- I enjoy how easy it is to see my connected computers and their online status, being able to name them, group them or remove them from a group. - The spreadsheet totals for connection times is very useful for showing clients the work/time put into maintenance or troubleshooting on their devices. - It is nice that the program is not reliant on a browser. lightweight. - Very quick, patient, efficient, and friendly with customer service.

Cons

- Customization is present but not as easy as I would like. It feels like I have to read manuals in many places and put work for my branded page or template to really shine. If they added more ease and options for customizing the client seen windows and page that would be great! - This is an extra but I wish after a connection the program could prompt you for notes on what was performed and that would be included in the spreadsheet for connection times. Currently, I am writing in a different program and having to track all those notes, times/dates/client, and then attempt to incorporate them into the spreadsheets I send to my clients but it's not as clean in two different documents or takes an additional amount of time to combine them and make it look nice.

Review for Fixme.it

I have been able to seamlessly resolve all desktop issue with all users who are based outside of my current office

Pros

Easy to use logging on as admin is seamless little delays when connecting easy for user to allow connections

Cons

No computer info or history of connections Difficulty connecting back when loss of connection

Excellent value

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive, very reliable, supports multiple remote sessions at once.

Cons

Really needs a Mac, iOS, and Android version for cross platform support.

Pros

I like that the program does not need to be installed on the customers computer. It connects fast and allows for support

Cons

Sometimes when connecting to customers widows of programs open behind other windows. So this makes you minimize other windows. Also that it temporarily installs in the temp folder. If Windows security is set to not allow this the program cannot be used.

Hi Craig, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! If the app opens behind other windows, simply click on the FixMe.IT taskbar to make it active - this way you won't have to minimize other windows. Regarding the installation of the Client app, it is downloaded to the temp folder by default. If you need to permanently install the FixMe.IT Client app on the remote user's PC, you can use one of the options described here: https://docs.fixme.it/features/installing-client-application-on-a-remote-computer Best, Dan | Techinline

Single license user

Overall, I have had a very good experience with Fixme.it, it works great and does everything I need it to do on PC's.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and that I can set it up so I can log in when they are not around.

Cons

It has become an issue more and more that the software is not Mac compatible. This is becoming a bigger and bigger requirement and needs to be addressed soon.

Satisfied overall

Pros

Ease of use and it's features for supporting multiple displays. Addition of ability to control more than one computer at a time was a great update.

Cons

Wish they had a way to set it to low bandwidth so that high res background pictures would not attempt to send over slower connections or to tell it to not send so it improves user experience when bandwidth is limited.

Hi Ryan, Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued customer! To speed up a slow remote connection, you can specify image quality during Remote Desktop Control/View. To do that, click the Options button on the session toolbar and choose Image Quality => High Speed (displays the remote desktop as an 8-bit color image). Best, Dan | Techinline

reliable, fast, easy for me and my customers to use

Pros

The service's reliability is very good- near 85 percent of connections without any loss of connectivity during sessions.

Cons

The loss of connectivity during sessions, once a loss occurs, seems to recur often. These losses effect me sometimes often.

Hi Bob, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Sorry to hear that you've been running into frequent connectivity issues lately. FixMe.IT guarantees a fast and stable connection to any machine located in any environment, so normally working with the application shouldn't result in any dropped connections. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] - they'll provide all appropriate assistance with getting these issues resolved. Best, Dan | Techinline

I have been very pleased with the my overall experience. Product works well.

I do not have to leave my office to service my multi-national customer base.

Pros

Ability to connect to multiple computers at the same time, is a very useful. As an I.T. professional, I routinely connect to many computers at once, when deploying many computers at once. Or when stopping a virus attack, I can quickly get to all computers on any network I need to.

Cons

Techinline Ltd billing system, no grace period. they claim 1 day but haven't seen that yet. keeps cancelling my service, if payment is not received on 1st attempt. Other suppliers will try more than once before cancelling anything.

Hi Bruce, We rely on a third-party platform, Bluesnap, to handle our billing matters. By design, the Bluesnap system cancels a declined order on the following day after the original failed auto-renewal attempt. The main purpose of this is to ensure that there are no subsequent repeat charge attempts whenever any payment is declined. At the same time, we assure you that the FixMe.IT application provides...

Great value for the money but lacks a very helpful feature

Pros

For the most part, the software works very well. I have been able to connect to nearly all of my client computers. I do like the ability to have a person for to fixme.it and start a support session for a "one off" support call.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the ability to have multiple logins (not simultaneous) for a single account. I need to be able to give a specific person access to a group of client computers for remote support. I.e. If I have groups named Client A, Client B, and Client C, I want to another person be able to log in with their email and password and have access to Client C computers. There is also a minor issue of some sort with Server 2008. On a regular basis I am not able to connect to that computer. It appears the connection works but I never get the screen for remote access. When that server is rebooted I have access for a few days but then something happens and I can only RDP to that server.

Hi Rich, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the issue with Server 2008, please submit a ticket to [email protected] so that our support team could investigate the issue and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

Excellent Remote Management

Pros

Great tool for managing dozens of client computers

Cons

used to be lackign features, but is a lot better lately. I would like it to work better with remote systems that have more then 2 screens. I use it a lot in 6 screen clients and its a pain.

Hi Leonard, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! When connected to a remote computer that has 2 or more screens, FixMe.IT shows all displays on your local screen by default. To simplify working with remote systems that have multiple monitors, you can take advantage of the multi-display tool, which allows you to switch between individual screens you want to work with: https://docs.fixme.it/features/using-the-multi-display-tool Best, Dan | Techinline

Good product, we've been using it for years

Pros

Ease of use Speed Easily customisable Easily deployable

Cons

No IOS or Android client or manager Limited to 150 machines

Fantastic value when you have far more computers than people to remote into

Remoting into any Windows PC either via a very convenient pin or unattended access.

Pros

Fantastic price compare to competitors It has all of the features you can expect at the price point. It is a very solid program. I have never had an issue with it. It always works. Support is good and responsive.

Cons

It is a little light on features, but at the price point, I don't expect much more. It would be nice if it auto-refreshed the unattended list. Sometimes you have to go back to the unattended in order to find out of the computer is back online after a reboot because sometimes the information on the home page doesn't update as quickly.

Fast, Easy Connections at an Affordable Rate

Fast and easy remote connections to clients needing help along with unattended access clients that need ongoing or after hours support.

Pros

Simple, Quick and Easy connections to remote clients needing help. With other software the installation of a remote support utility takes too long, and IMO, shouldn't be installed at all. We need to connect, do our work, and disconnect without having to deal with install issues on top of the problems we are connecting in to fix. TechInLine lets me do just that with a run-only version of the connection utility, while still offering expanded options including an unattended access client.

Cons

FixMe.It consistent service and value

Pros

Ease of use for our company and our customers.

Cons

Annual renewal has not been ideal, but I adjusted.

Saves me a lot of time and travel and very user friendly

This software is a lifesaver! I use it to log in to clients computers when they have issues and or when I need to send files back and forth. Before FixMe.IT, I had to drive to clients offices to fix their issues; this saves me and my client money. I also use it to work on computers throughout my own office. Instead of running back and forth between two offices to work on large projects, I can use FixMe to work back and forth between computers at my own desk.

Pros

I love being able to easily and quickly log into other computers. I also love unattended access, so my clients don't always have to go to the website and give me a number to connect.

Cons

The only con, I have is it doesn't work the greatest with multiple monitors. I have gotten around this by restoring my window and expanding it across my screens.

This is a great alternative to LogMeIn, Teamviewer and other such tools.

Cost effective and fast remote control for unattended and one off connections........exactly what you need.

Pros

Simple and reliable as well as being great value for money. Slowly but surely features are being added such as the recent update to allow multiple remote control screens at once (previously you could have multiple connections, but only remote control one at a time)

Cons

Software doesn't support OSX so I'm forced to use Teamviewer for my OSX customers. Also it would be nicer if the app was also web based so we could use any computer to remote control etc without installing software, even if it was more limited.