FixMe.IT Reviews

Remote Support Software That Always Works

FixMe.IT

Best remote desktop software I have used to date.

Pros

Easy to set up unattended access Useful UI on remote host as well as master computer. Super fast connection speed over LAN and even over the net.

Cons

Can only have one unattended license per remote computer. Can only have one expert client oen at the same time.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the ability to open multiple expert apps at the same time, I would say that this is more of a licensing question rather than a con. Our licensing is based on concurrent technicians, which means that you can open only one expert app using your account at a time. To have it opened on multiple machines at once, you will need more licenses. However, you can share your account with others if needed (provided that you're not using it yourself), create sub-logins and run as many concurrent sessions as you need to. Best, Dan | Techinline

FixMe.IT

So far it has been a very positive experience. New features are always getting added and it's a tool that I used every day all day for providing IT services.

Pros

Having a centralized database of all of our customers. The ability to install unattended access when needed and the ease of putting a desktop shortcut on the users account to easily allow them to double click it and then give us the ID number.

Cons

Not having the ability to lock the keyboard and mouse from the end user when working on their PC and they think they can keep working while you fix the issues they contacted you for.

Good Tool for Good Price

price and its good tool for IT support

Pros

Price of course, easy to use, if you login to a domain environment it will prompt for domain admin credentials, some other application doesn't, it will keep session available when you switch user name or logout. love the last update multiple session at the same time. I totally recommend this application

Cons

Need few more features like screen that will have more details about the computer you are connected to: ip computer name. I also notice the client id the host give you is not the same after you connect the session, that is all I remmber

ICT North Limited experience

It has been a good platform for us and has given us the ability to carry out remote support to our clients and connect to servers that we manage daily

Pros

It is reliable, easy to direct end users to install and connect, cheaper than TeamViewer.

Cons

Wider support for Mac OS, Linux, Chrome and Android would be handy. Very limited with windows devices only especially when many of our schools are going cloud based and Chrome devices are increasing in the education sector where tighter budget means cheaper and simpler devices are called for i.e Chromebooks.

My company switched from using WebEx to FixMe.IT and it was a huge improvement.

Being able to establish a session with a user quickly is very important and that's probably the biggest strength.

Pros

The thing I like most is how fast it is under normal circumstances. As I said, we switched from using WebEx and it felt like it took several minutes to start up a WebEx session where as with FixMe we can get a session started very quickly, especially if it's with an experienced user who knows how to start a session.

Cons

One main problem comes to mind. Performance when customer is on WiFi can be poor. Sometimes when we're helping a user who has WiFi, the session will seem to freeze up for around a minute and then will pick up again with a reasonable level of lag (like click response time is 1 or 2 sec behind) that is understandable.

Great remote support utility

Have used this software for several years and watched it grow and become a better solution. Great software.

Pros

Cons

Lack of simple branding options.

Hi Neil, Thank you for the feedback and for being our valued customer! I see that you mentioned "lack of simple branding options" in the "Cons" section. Actually, FixMe.IT does offer branding options that allow you to change the appearance of the app's interface for your clients and integrate the service into your website. You can find more information on FixMe.IT's customization options here: https://goo.gl/g1TX6I If you have any questions regarding these options or any suggestions for their improvement, please don't hesitate to contact us directly. Best, Dan | Techinline

Great, simple program. However, I still prefer teamviewer.

ease of use.

Pros

Ease of use. Simply send the client to fixme.it > start support session> run/open/install > provide technician with 6 digit client ID

Cons

Inability to bypass UAC. Inability to run at service (instead of having the dialogue box open in order to maintain connection)

Hello Vincent, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT - your feedback is very valuable to us. There shouldn't be any issues in using FixMe.IT with UAC. Please reach out to our support team and we'll assist you further. Thanks again for your valued and loyal business, and we hope to hear from you! Serge from FixMe.IT

FixMe is by support backbone

My overall experience has been wonderful. Priced right and so easy to setup and use.

Pros

I love the ability to view all users by office. I am able to see if they are logged in and if they are working or if the system is logged in and idle. Very easy to setup and user. Bandwidth is extremely low so I can actually help users on my PC connected to my phone hotspot if needed.

Cons

Honestly do not have any cons on the product.

Brilliant I.T Support Software

We have tried a number of products and this is certainly our favourite

Pros

Great unattended features that can be shared through all employees using the tool making remote access to customers systems much easier. The software gives a clear view of which system are online and which aren't. It is also very easy getting a customer to start a session when using the software.

Cons

Doesnt work on mac. Copy and paste to clients PC could work better When you run out of licenses it doesn't tell you who they are in use by which means shouting round the office

Best remote support application

We use this application for remote support and maintenance of workstations, servers. It is great for end user support as well as maintenance of servers, database's etc. Its really easy to use and so the learning curve on how to use it is reduced significantly making it easy for that person to become productive quickly.

Pros

Easy to use Allows unattended access Works every time Groups systems for easy identification Allows timers with history so you can track online support time

Cons

Has some minor issues working with tables like MS surface but work around are available.

Great Remote Support Client for the Price!

Pros

The software is straight forward and super easy for the clients to get connected, definitely recommend it for any small to medium business that needs remote support.

Cons

Doesn't always support full screen, sometimes it doesn't optimize well with older versions of windows.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! FixMe.IT is one of the few remote desktop solutions that still support older versions of Windows starting from XP. For instance, LogMeIn discontinued their support for Windows XP in 2016. Please also note that FixMe.IT supports all screen resolutions including 4K. In case you're experiencing any issues when working on a remote desktop with high screen resolution, please contact our support team at support@techinline.com for assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

Best value for remote desktop services that I know of

I've been using FixMe.IT for several years to do remote PC support. I usually do stuff like remove viruses, install software, fix printer driver issues, and pretty much anything I could do sitting in front of the computer. It's handy for quick fix things that, without such a solution, would require me to either drive across town, or in some cases drive to another town just to do quick fix tasks. FixMe.IT has saved hundreds of gallons of gas. It is easy to use, very customizable, and quite a time saver. My customers can go to my web site, click a button, and see a customized page to get started getting into FixMe.IT. I really like that part of it. I really like that it is easy for my customers to get to and get set up for me to help with their PC issues.

Pros

It's easy to use, has all the features I need, and is priced reasonably.

Cons

I guess if there's one feature that's lacking, it's multi-monitor support. I'd like to be able to use both of my monitors to see both monitors on a client PC for example.

Simple product to use, easy to get customers connected or to get on with unattended clients.

Pros

FixMe.IT is really simple to use and has some useful tools: file transfer is simple, as is screen sharing, plus you can use a pen to highlight things on the screen or change the mouse to a red dot to guide people around the screen. And the software is inexpensive when you consider you can run both new remote support sessions and unattended clients from the same console.

Cons

The ONLY issue I have with the software is that it is not the quickest to connect and sometimes you are left wondering what is going on.

Awesome product, service us really good

Supporting users anytime , really quick, without the needs of installing any other third party applications or add on.

Pros

The easy graphic user interface, included some great features, that help supporting our users. The simplicity of the product is really amazing, thanks you for a great service and support. If you are looking for a quick and simply remote tool, this is the one for you!

Cons

The options, to revoke service still available for users , and they can remove the service at any time, it would be great, if you can take this option out.

Very good software for remote connection

With this software solving a problem on a customer or colleagues pc is made very easy and faster

Pros

It is a very good software for working with or troubleshooting remote computer the multi-session support allows you to work on multiple computers at once hence help you multitask and achieve your aim faster. It also supports file transfer which also makes working remotely way easier. It also allows you to record sessions which makes process review way less stressful it also means teaching someone else how to do what you did could be done by sharing the video.

Cons

The software works very well so nothing comes to mind in terms of disadvantages

Overall, pleased with the performance / cost of FixMe.IT

Overall, we are very pleased with FixMe.IT. The few cons I mentioned are not big enough issues for us to have a problem with the software, just minor cosmetic issues.

Pros

Software is priced accordingly, easy to use and install, easy to setup unattended support and/or start new sessions, and easy for end user to communicate through chat window during remote session.

Cons

The ability to navigate between multiple monitors on a remote computer could be setup in a more user friendly manner with possible left/right arrows on the screen vs having to select each display from the top menu. Also, we run into issues with copy/paste of URL links from our computer to remote machine at times.

Cheaper than many alternatives

We need a quick and inexpensive way to get connected to assist our customers and this gets the job done.

Pros

The price was right. We needed something to quickly connect to a client's computer that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Cons

It's not as bandwidth efficient as some other products. Some clients have slow internet and FixMe can be a bit laggy with them.

Easy to use for pro and client, nothing to learn and quick to setup and use.

Remote support for clients so I can bill while at the office doing other work. Really helps to get an idea of what the problem is before going on site for something that can be fixed quickly via remote.

Pros

Never a glitch, freeze or drop. Easy to setup and use. Survives a reboot and is a better value than Teamviewer, or AnyDesk. Product does have real support if needed.

Cons

Program does not update itself. If client has not used the program in a while, they have to download a new installer.

Hi Harold, Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued customer! Please note that the client app updates automatically if it's permanently installed on a remote computer. Otherwise, the remote user will have to download the app from fixme.it each time they require assistance. For more information on how to permanently install the FixMe.IT client app on a remote PC, please see the following article: https://docs.fixme.it/features/installing-client-application-on-a-remote-computer Best, Dan | Techinline

So far so good

Pros

Very low overhead on the hard ware. It works well and it's responsive. The functions are laid out nicely

Cons

Annual billing, doesn't have Mac support other rdp software have app support top. Fixme.It is still chasing there competition but still charging about the same amount for less options

Hi Faraz, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! We've always been committed to improving our application so that our users could enjoy the best Windows experience possible. We do understand the importance of Mac OS support, and that's why we're currently working towards introducing this feature in a future release. At the same time, we've always tried to keep our rates...

Best thing we have ever found!

The product itself is amazing, and JUST WORKS. The pricing is fair, and the ability to seamlessly work with UAC and unattended access is awesome. I really love the support though. Simply skype them and sometimes your questions and suggestions get updated right on the spot. They are also always open to customer recommendations, and even several of mine have already been implemented. GREAT COMPANY.

Pros

Support. Awesome support.

Cons

Anytime I have a complaint or wish list item, I'm always greeted with a "yup, we're working on that and it'll be coming soon." And it does! So no cons.

Since day one, we have been quite happy with the product

It is generates fare more revenue that we expend paying for it.

Pros

The product is really easy to use and is deadly reliable. No issues with operating system variations or other individual PC differences, seems to always fire up and run just fine. AND, it the cost is amazingly low when compared to competitors.

Cons

The product works quite well and does what it is advertised to do. I wish I could store a few more "Unattended" connections as we presently manage in excess of 1000 PCs. Otherwise, nothing comes to mind.

Fixme.IT works for me

Switching to this product increased my productivity with my clients and reduced any stress for them to connect us remotely.

Pros

Simplicity for my clients to connect with me. I used to spend way too much time connecting just for a short session. Also, the Unattended Access allows me to do my work for my clients on my schedule instead of having to depend on someone allowing me in.

Cons

I can't think of anything to say as a con

Good solid remote desktop tool that doesn't require install and gets past most firewalls.

It allows me to do my job from wherever.

Pros

Easy to use, doesn't require install, get through most firewalls. Support has been there to help all the time.

Cons

Keyboard will stick on caps lock some times even though local caps Lock is off. Nothing else it works great

Hi Curtis, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Could you please submit a support ticket to support@techinline.com with more details about the keyboard issue you're experiencing? Our team will investigate it and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

Great!

Pros

I have been using this software for about 5 years now and for the price it has meet all my needs. I can connect to all my clients in an instant and monitor for several days if needed

Cons

I am currently experiencing some issues with the new version as far as when you first connect the default is " full screen" and this has several issues. one is when in full screen I can not use my clients task bar on the bottom of the screen. I have to shrink it to a "window" so I can use there task bar.

Needs more features for the price

Pros

Multiple remote clients. Able to see if the user is working on the machine before connection (this is a unique feature!)

Cons

Its just opensource RAT software, with a few added features. Not enough features to warrant the cost...However, I am hoping for more features, such as multiple screen handling. Need Expert Client to remember the sort order & layout of Unattended Clients

Hello, Thank you for being our valued customer and for taking the time to review our product. Please note that FixMe.IT is by no means an "open-source RAT software". RAT (Remote Access Trojan) is a type of malware that's used to remotely control computers for illegal purposes, while FixMe.IT is a legit application that's used for remote technical assistance. It cannot be used for secretly monitoring...