FixMe.IT Reviews

FixMe.IT

Remote Support Software That Always Works

FixMe.IT

Best most reasonably priced remote software we have used.

Allowed us to service and manage computers in areas away from our corporate office.

Pros

I am the IT administrator of a medium size corporation and my field personnel use this software on a daily basis. It is easy to use and is one of the best investments we have made. The unattended computer feature is a great addition to the software and with it we manage locations in two states and nine locations. Of all the products we tested, FixMe.it was the best software for our purposes. The couple of times I contacted customer support I was immediately helped by a knowledgeable employee and resolved my issues promptly. Great product!!

Cons

I can't say we have found any "cons" , there is always room for improvements in any software package but we have found nothing to complain about with FixMe.it.

Experience has been awesome and very positive

Able to remote into my 15 locations, nationwide.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, very user-friendly and connectivity is instant. Very easy to get my offices to remote into their computers.

Cons

I really dislike that beeping sound when recording. Really loud and I don't think it serves a purpose. If they want to leave it on, at least give us an option to turn off or on in settings

Hi Armando, Thank you for your feedback, and for being our valued customer! Regarding the loud beeping sound when recording a session - in fact, there should never be one. I've just went to double-check it, and there's no sound either on the expert or on the client side. We'll surely investigate this further. Best regards, Dan | Techinline

Works really well but just missing a few features

We are able to offer remote support for our equipment without the cost of making a physical visit.

Pros

Its very simple to use and always available. Good value for money and have never needed support. Our customers find it easy to accept a connection without being concerned about virus's or malware.

Cons

Not knowing who the current user is and if they are really using it or have just left it connected. Have to risk disconnecting the other user to make a new connection. Would like an android connection.

I've been using Techinline (FixMe.IT) for several years. It's been dependable and a great value

saved money over other options. helped me provide better service to clients.

Pros

- simplicity: Software is focused on handling the most important tasks well. - price: I haven't checked recently, but when I signed up for FixMe.IT, they were about half the price of the nearest competitor. - features: Unattended access, reboot & reconnect

Cons

- the name: While "FixMe.IT" is very clever and short, it's somehow difficult for users to understand over the phone. "F" and "S" are often indistinguishable, and once people hear "Six", their brain can't make the switch to "F". It's a minor annoyance at the beginning of the call, but it happens all the time. - doesn't work with Macs. Originally I had one Mac user to support, but now I have 3 or 4 and the list is growing. It would be very helpful to have just basic remote control of Macs.

Easy to use and easy for customers to install and use also

customers that would normally be uneconomic for me to have due to distance from shop become regular customers

Pros

I have found it to be faster than other programs of its type even on poor broadband connections. It is easy to navigate no complex menus. Easy to customize with own logo and details for client installs. Ease of use for new customers (that is for them to login to website and download). Great tool for showing remote customers how to fix a problem they are having. File transfer also easy to use.

Cons

Not able to use on customers with macs. Also would be handy to have an option to limit customer control while you are logged on.

I switched from LogMeIn primarily because they kept increasing there pricing but prefer FixMe

The ability for a very reasonable price to connect to anyone's pc simply and quickly.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and simplicity when connecting with another user. The file transfer feature is a great bonus and one that LogMeIn did not support when I used them.

Cons

The only thing I wish was different is the Unattended Client screen. I just wish you could adjust the layout permanently. I prefer having the Connect button next to the client name and have to adjust it every time I open the Expert software.

Fixme.IT works for me

Switching to this product increased my productivity with my clients and reduced any stress for them to connect us remotely.

Pros

Simplicity for my clients to connect with me. I used to spend way too much time connecting just for a short session. Also, the Unattended Access allows me to do my work for my clients on my schedule instead of having to depend on someone allowing me in.

Cons

I can't think of anything to say as a con

Great product, use it daily

Affordable, great for remoting into users PCs and troubleshooting. Able to remotely boot a computer into safe mode. Encrypted communication with User.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive. Very useful for troubleshooting with it's remoting features. Prompts for a set time before taking control. Window for communication with user. Persists through reboots. Able to boot into Safe Mode. Monitors whether computers are online or not.

Cons

It is a very basic program with not a whole lot of features. Cannot customize the display columns. Can only view computer name, logged in user, activity, status, installed on date, and last connected date. It would be useful to have information about the OS, manufacturer, etc. A place to store notes about a device. Would love the option to add custom columns, mapped to WMI properties.

Good for the price

Quickly access and support our clients telecom app and needs for support.

Pros

Most competitively priced remote support tool we have able to find from a vendor that we can trust. Pretty easy to use - like being able to transfer files but could be more intuitive.

Cons

No MAC remote support, Fixme.IT URL has been confusing to some customers and sometimes we have to spell it out. Find that some customers security policies limit and don't allow the Fixme client to be installed on their PC's.

This is an awesome Software!!!!!!!!!!!!! Works Perfect!

I save tons of time driving around the city. I can fix almost anything remotely thanks to this software!!

Pros

Very easy to use, I have used it for years and have never had a problem with it. I am an IT consultant and I maintain many commercial accounts. I use this software to remote into my workstations. I tried many other options out there, including Teamviewer and others and none are as easy and problem free as this one.

Cons

The only thing I can list as a con is that it is a little pricey. Subscriptions I think should cost a bit less. I am not saying it's not worth it, I will continue to pay the subscription because it is so great!!!

It was great

I have recommended it to several people already. I am able to work from my desk instead of driving hours to the customer location.

Pros

I like the ability to use multiple screens for a customer. I also like to be able to connect to several different clients at a time. It saves me a lot of time when I can be working on another person while waiting for a process to finish. My customers love it for the easy of connection and I like the security.

Cons

My least favorite is although I can view multiple screens I have to scroll back and forth between them. Sometimes an error message pops up but I am on a different monitor and can't see it.

works well and is very stable

Pros

easy to deploy and features work well and the overall cost is great compared to the competition. Interface is reasonably fluid

Cons

the name - hard to convey over the phone. I am having to text fixme.it The interface for the Accept part needs improvement. Sound and better graphics could allow users to realize they need to do a click. I am having to do that all the time, even with regular users.

Hi Jose, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer. Based on the feedback we've collected during the past few months, we've decided to get rid of the Accept prompt. This will happen very soon, so please stay tuned for updates. Best regards, Dan | Techinline

Great software

We are able to offer superior customer service with this product.

Pros

We use the "unattended access" with most of our clients because this allows us to connect with their desktops from the second we pick up the phone. We can often connect with them by the time they finish talking, and resolve their problem very quickly.

Cons

We have not encountered any negatives with this product.

The easiest remote tool ever

This program has saved me so many miles on my car because I can remote in and take care of things. The pc doesn't even have to be on the network as long as it can get to the internet.

Pros

FixMe.IT is so easy to explain to the receiving party how to allow you to connect. Web based and simple. It also has features that allow you to send files back and forth, it allows you to let them see your screen as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about FixMe.IT

Excellent product for remote support

I have been using the software for a number of years having moved from a competitive product. FixMe.it offers a very high level of functionality for the price and this makes it stand out from the competition.

Pros

Its quick and easy to establish sessions with clients when performing remote support and demos etc. Software is fast, stable and works well and is rarely defeated by company firewalls.

Cons

There is no Mac client but generally this is not a problem for me.

Easy to use and does what is supposed to do

I am able to provide assistance to my most needed clients

Pros

This software does exactly what is set to do. It makes it easy for the user you are trying to help to install a client on their machine by simply visiting a url. You get a connection status update on your end. After that, you click to connect to your client. The interface is simple to use. I never had any problems or slow downs while using the application.

Cons

There were no problems that I experienced while using the application. If there is one, it will be price. But from all the other programs I reviewed, it was the least expensive . Its actually not bad. I wish there was different tiers of usage. All the other programs I tried were more expensive and more difficult to use.

Great Software! Makes accessing my customers computers/servers easy and saves time.

Pros

Easy to use. I often use the file transfer feature and the unattended client access (especially for servers).

Cons

Multiple monitor support could be better. Right now when I connect to a remote computer that has two monitors (and my computer has two monitors), both of the remote monitors only show up in one of my monitors and it is extremely small to read. You can view one remote monitor at a time, but that is not convenient.

We've been extremely pleased with this service!

Easier file transfer, multiple monitor option intuitive, fantastic UI...thank you. We have not found any faults with this software. We cannot say that there is anything that we like the least and since it is working quite well, we would strongly recommend to leave it "as-is"!

Pros

Multi-screen setup is intuitive, File transfer is among the best, connection speeds and reliability top notch. Been using service for many years and there were three outages only lasting a few minutes.

Cons

FixMe.IT to save the day!

Do not hesitate to try this software. You will feel the difference.

Pros

I used this software whenever there was a user issue. You can log into user's machine using this software and get a remote login. The reliability is high in this software. Also, it has great security. Also, the user-friendliness is very high.

Cons

There is no negative points about this software. I liked everything about this software.

Very happy with FixMe.IT is has been a important part of our software suite for support with clients

Reliable product that does what I need at a price I find reasonable.

Pros

Very easy lightweight software that does what it needs to do. It is easy to get clients to connect and reliably works. Priced well and is part of the reason I use it.

Cons

No Max OSX support and does not support mobile to my knowledge. I hope that they soon offer these as the lack of this does make we look at other products that could be better suited.

Excellent remote access system!

1. Ease of use for remote users to allow access. 2. Simple setup for recurring remote access. 3. Fast login time. 4. Low overhead on pc and internet resources.

Pros

The software uses little pc system resources when running on my laptop. It also seems to take less internet bandwidth than other systems. It is also very simple when instructing remote users to setup to allow remote access.

Cons

The biggest con that I have with this software is that there is no mobile (iPhone or iPad) application. Many cases I'm in the field with my mobile devices only and need remote access to clients.

A good remote-access program

Very easy - so that's why I've been using Fixme.it for some years

Pros

I use other remote access software but I prefer this one in many ways. Firstly, as I have more than one PC I need to be able to use the software on more than one. The other remote access software has to be licensed for each machine in spite of the fact that it's only me using it. It's very easy to instruct my customers to log in and the unattended access facility works very well.

Cons

I find the file transfer facility nowhere near as user friendly as Team Viewer, it's ok for one file at a time but Team Viewers explorer type screen allows multiple files and folders to be transferred easily.

The Right Remote Access Tool for Me

I love that I can jump from desktop to desktop, despite being thousands of miles from my clients, and those clients being more thousands of miles from each other.

Pros

My home base is very remote; I needed a remote solution that was stable, secure, inexpensive, and allowed concurrent connections to multiple clients without requiring a lot of bandwidth. FixMe.IT satisfied all of my requirements.

Cons

One of the key requirements for my purchase was 2 part authentication, which FixMe.IT has, but I would feel more secure with the authentication coming through SMS/text rather than email.

The best remote access software I've used to date.

If you do tech support, do yourself a favor and get fixme. Techline is obviously a well run company that puts out great products.

Pros

Reliable automatic scaling is awesome, I hated having to use scroll bars with my previous software. As a tech support person, it has all the features I need and the way the licensing works is great for me. The unattended access works perfectly. File transfer is drag and drop, and speed is very fast. I've been in the tech industry for decades and fixme is the best I've used, both technically, and cost wise.

Cons

The only reason I knocked a star off is because of the lack of apple support. It's not something I need often but would be nice to have.

excellent persistent remote support & access software

Great company. Good access to developers for bug fixes. They continue to roll out more/better features rather than sitting around cashing checks.

Pros

Loads quickly, light footprint, can use on the road in less than 1 minute, good support for multiple screens, will do drag/drop file transfers.

Cons

Prefs are tied to IE so resetting IE wipes out stored prefs. Does not take long to reset them though.