Appy Pie Reviews

4.59/5 (582 reviews)

SELENA BELISLE

Frustrating Waste of Time

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Terrible. I'm just hoping this is a really bad learning curve. We got a fully functioning LMS (with tests, grading, certificates, surveys, videos, etc.) up and running by ourselves TWO YEARS AGO (from another site we found here on capterra) so I can't imagine an app being any harder than an LMS - but it seems this one is. I will update my review if it gets better and we actually launch something but right now it does not look good.

Pros
They answered the phone although it seems like they are having multiple conversations at one time - which often leads to confusing and bad information.

Cons
They didn't help me when they answered in the phone. It doesn't seem like anyone speaks English as a 1st language and both I and my computer engineer had a very difficult time understanding what they were saying. In fact one tech support person told me to delete some of my work (and repeatedly told me to do so), then when I wanted to add my categories back (because they should have never been deleted in the 1st place), the add button didn't work to add them back again. I tried different browsers and sent them print screens - so I'm wondering if this software works reliably. They're telling me to email them the problem when I'm already sharing print screens (and I have video) through their live chat. There is an ENORMOUS language barrier - and the features and functions of appy pie are not well described. I spent all day trying to learn what was a category and what was a listing and how to add a page in a category (or maybe it's a listing). There is no glossary with pictures and there is no "i" button next anything and their broken English makes it virtually impossible for communications. I am perturbed that they told me to have them build my site instead after they told me to delete some of my work and their buttons no longer work to add what I deleted. That seemed kind of wrong - and I wonder if anyone else was told to delete their progress and then their appy pie dashboards buttons were deactivated so they couldn't move forward again.

chris george

Appy Pie is Not All It's Cut Out To Be

Reviewed 2019-10-06

Terrible. I wouldn't recommend this software to anyone. Too expensive and tech support failed to respond to numerous issues.

Pros
At first, it seemed simple enough to use. The interface is decent.

Cons
Had way too many problems. They took away the availability to update to the Apple Store which was the main thing we needed it for.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

kristen sutton

Poor Services

Reviewed 2019-04-26

My overall experience was poor. These foreigners act like they know what they are doing but they don't. My app doesn't even work. I've asked to speak to an American and even a Supervisor and Team hung up on me! They can't seem to fix the subscription, in app purchase, so that someone can actually use the app. So obviously your ratings are in fact a lie. I am glad I started with a small idea first because this has allowed me to realize that sometimes paying more means being stress-free.

Pros
Easy to use and a dummy could use the program.

Cons
Their inability to make an app workable on the app store and google play. The app doesn't work at all and they lie all the time. Their accent is horrible and they are unable

Jeri Vespoli

When your primary market is businesses with no coding experience, 48 hours is not enough of a trial.

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-05

If you are a busy independent business owner or small business marketer, to actually make the app function and test it takes far longer than the 48-hour free trial. I developed a layout and was unable to develop any of the functions before my trial ran out. When I went back later, I was quite rudely told I would have to pay the subscription to continue to see if and how Appypie works. No, I'm not going to pay you to find out if your platform will be of value to us. Testing and development should be free, and customers should only pay once their app is live.

Pros
Appypie made a graphically appealing mobile page for the app easily, with intuitive buttons.

Cons
Horrible customer service experience. Not enough help with app functionality. Testing did not work as expected.

Linda Page

My customers are having issues with our app. It does not work. Would not refer !!!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-11

Pros
I love the way the app looks but the app does not work properly. Customers cannot purchase on this app

Cons
We wish the functionality was worth the money spent. Customers cannot purchase on the site. We wish the app worked properly we could refer our business partners.

Richard Strauski

Stay Away from Service & Maintenance from Here

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Pros
Software trial is cool, but customer support is terrible.

Cons
Customer service Customer service or lack thereof.

Nyashadzaishe Chemhuru

Disappointed

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-10-16

I have had a bad experience with this app and have not done anything productive with it.

Pros
The only thing I liked about this software is the idea behind it. Apart from that the execution is bad

Cons
The software is not free as it says in its description. Subscription will be a wast of monet because you can't even open the app you create. Its basically just a useless software you install