Appy Pie Reviews

Waleed Ahmad

Can not do what it says

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-11

Very “not good” experience with this. Perhaps because the Welcome page took me sky high and then end result threw me back beneath earth. NOT RECOMMENDED

Pros
if you don’t have knowledge of programming, see is one of the options to consider for creating your app. it can make the simplest SIMPLESt apps for you.

Cons
the apps created with it are seen as junk by apple, they will be deleted/not approved at all the abaility of this to create apps is so contained, you can’t make any good app, any good with it that is not even a textbook type static app for your notes/book. and even then, it wants to charge you unreasonably. but, even if all of this is okay, the app will be rejected by appstore. it was total waste for me ( I created a simple free app for my notes)

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Skylar DeTure

Impossible to end your account

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Pros
The product works well for making quick and simple apps for businesses​ but is not super intuitive for more complex needs.

Cons
Canceling​ is terrible. The cancellation process makes the whole company feel like a scam. To delete your account (which is a hard button to find in the first place), first you have to delete every app you've built. But to delete every app you've built, you first have to go and remove your billing info for that app. But you can't delete your billing info without talking to a representative. And that representative is not going to be helpful and just let you delete your account. They are going to try to convince you to stay. And once they realize they cannot convince you to stay, they will just ignore you. I have been on chat with them for over 20 minutes (I am still on chat with them now). Terrible. Avoid. Avoid Avoid.

Response from Appy Pie

Why we ask you to delete every app when you try deleting your account is because as per GDPR, you have exercise your right to erasure so you have to delete it all with your IP and these logs are kept for legal purposes rest all is deleted, and we have 2 options where you either cancel yourself or you take help from agent and I see that you opted for an agent and its for that purpose the agent was trying to help you. How is understanding client issue perceived as sacm?

Anonymous

Not So Appy With Appy Pie

Reviewed 2019-03-20

Different multi-platform app makers were tested for functionalities and capabilities, unfortunately Appy Pie ticked very few boxes.

Pros
Appy Pie is capable to design apps of varying uses and functionalities out of the box without having to code a single line.

Cons
The pay-gate with Appy Pie is very unrealistic for the market. The free version offers little to no substance making it difficult to convince users to actually invest time and money.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Ali Nasser

You Can't Cancel Your Subscription

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Won't be using them again or recommending them, they obviously have problems retaining customers and they're trying to grab money any way they can.

Pros
Ease of use, straight forward with plenty of options

Cons
You can't cancel the subscription yourself, and they won't tell you that! The website just keeps telling you to delete your app, and when you try to delete your app, it says cancel your subscription first. I finally reached out to customer service, and they sent me a cancellation link, so they purposefully make it hard to cancel, and then they wouldn't refund the payment that had just went out while we were trying to cancel. Be prepared for that type of 'grab what you can get' customer service.

ONG CHENG KUANG

WORST EXPERIENCE WITH APPY PIE

Reviewed 2019-03-15

WORST AND THE WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM

Pros
EASY TO USE WITHOUT ANY APP KNOWLEDGE, EVERYTHING BASIC

Cons
WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM I EVER MEET, LIKE A MAGICIAN, TEAM A PROMISE TO DO, TEAM B ASK ME PAYMENT. PAYMENT MAKE AND ASK FOR FEES.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Nima AK

Good, for very few scenarios

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Unfortunately not very pleasent at all. Signed up and very quickly realised that it would not be able to do what was promoted. Asked for a refund and cancellation of service and have since been ignored even though I have shown them (and they have acknowledged) fault with their product. I was told they would investigate and get back to me, and that was almost a month ago.

Pros
It offers very very very basic functionality, and the ability to create a mobile app that looks like it was built in the 1980s

Cons
It does not do what it suggests, very unstable and hard to use and their support team is useless.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Dennis Farmer

Very dissatisfied with getting the run around

Reviewed 2019-08-15

Their chat and technicians on the phone are the same people. Rep. and I had a new one today victor. And they keep trying to get me to upgrade. No thanks, I don’t trust these crooks.

Pros
Nothing. I asked to be refunded and was denied they told me just to cancel my subscription. So if your not happy with their trial don’t upgrade or they will keep your money. I guess since they are India they don’t care much if they get sued.

Cons
Everything. I will never use their services again

Anonymous

Cheap but annoying

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Pros
I liked that this was cheap. I couldn't find anything that charged so little for their services.

Cons
I didn't like this software at all. I just needed to turn my site into an app but it was very difficult to use.