Essential Studio

UI development suite for .NET, Xamarin, Javascript, Angular

Essential Studio Reviews - Page 7

Good Components with excellent support

Pros

The Grid component is really good. (Angular) For basic scenarios it’s good out of the box. If you get stuck the support is very nice and also helps with samples.

Cons

I really miss some more advance but quite obvious things. E.g. Angular Grid with CRUD operations and offline capability bound to ASP Core Web Api. (That is nothing really fancy) Instead of just the doc - why not giving a sample with the grid and all features active at once? The support always tries to help. Also with samples. It would be nice to have a list of already provided samples instead of searching all over the forum.

Could be good if it would work

it hasn't solved our problem because Document Editor is not working!!!

Pros

the DocIO library is good, we haven't got any major issues with that.

Cons

Document Editor doesn't work. There is a huge mismatch between what we see in the document editor and what we have when we export it to Docx. Paragraphs are on the places. They've been trying to fix it for one year... Plus, comments are not working correctly. The main issue is that sometimes users cannot save their documents after they added comments. The big problem is as well with their support. They do respond very quickly but once they fix something then they will break something else or they don't cover all scenarios and we have to test it one more time. I wouldn't be surprised if it would turn out that our testers have found more bugs than they found. In general, we have put on hold for one year our project because of it.

Fantastic modern Components

Pros

The components are coded from scratch, they are fast and easy to use. I am using the Blazor Components and the documentation is excellent. Also, a huge benefit is the support provided. All my questions were answered quickly and professional from people that genuinely wanted to help. They provided examples and links to documentation to help me solve any issue I came across.

Cons

I find the css sometimes can be difficult to track when taking the examples. Do we use the site.css or the component .css or merge them both together.

Great product

Very good. Accomplished our goals.

Pros

PDF Viewer control is an excellent feature rich control.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit steep. User documentation scattered about. Support is excellent if you get stuck.

Quantity over quality

I cannot say it's an ideal choice for production. We used this product in several projects and every time needed to contact the support because of some hidden issues or incomplete implementation of some features. But given the variety of features and responsiveness of the support the overall experience is rather positive. In the end, everything worked =)

Pros

Plenty of features -- you will definitely find a component you need Great support -- these guys have always been replying timely and fixing the issues I've faced, illustrating the answers

Cons

Documentation is not perfect -- all the properties are listed, but quite often lacking a detailed description and examples, you will need to experiment Documentation portal is slow and structure is not ideal for a quick search Components can be slow -- faced this with charts and grids The behavior of components can be unstable Price is quite high

Vast Coverage, Large number of Components, Good Documentation.

Good.

Pros

Quick and Committed Support! Large number of Components.

Cons

Owing to large number platforms supported, it's bit confusing to refer to documentation. Sometime you never know if you are referring to right platform documentation.

Great product, but with some room for improvement

Pros

The community license, vital for a company of our size and the overall quality and variety of components provided.

Cons

There are a few bugs or inconsistencies in some components and the documentation could be a little better.

Syncfusion WPF components

Main use of the components is to build custom WPF applications for customers.

Pros

Syncfusion has an extensive set of components. Almost anything I need can be found in the suite. Their support is excellent. Even though I use the free community edition, I always get timely responses and they actively think with me to solve any questions/issues. Community edition is free for me, which is ideal since I'm self-employed and only parttime programming.

Cons

There are a lot of components and it is sometimes difficult to find the right component. Documentation is very good for basic use, but isn't always clear if you need to do more special things. Though in that case Internet search usually helps and if not you can always ask their support.

Great toolkit but sometimes can be buggy

Overall solid toolkit.

Pros

Large variety of toolkits across various stacks. Lots of features and regular releases. Very customizable.

Cons

Certain tools are very buggy, with new releases sometimes re-introducing the same bugs or continuously creating more. The document editor is amazing but we always seem to have some small problem with it. Although very customizable, it can sometimes be very difficult to figure out how and what needs changing or overriding in order to achieve the customization.

SyncFusion Blazor Component Review

Good

Pros

Quick-release cadence in every 3 months Good Customer Support

Cons

Documentation can be improved Breaking changes can be targeted properly instead of breaking the working code.

Winforms

Good

Pros

The extensive array of products. It easy integration with Visual Studio

Cons

Installation is long. There is not alot really that I did not like about the software

Title, really? Why ask for a title?

Experience has been good overall. There were several problems (bugs) that I reported that were fixed.

Pros

The only feature we use in the Bold Reports ReportViewer and that's because Microsoft has not deployed an SSRS ReportViewer for ASP.Net Core.

Cons

No. This is ridiculous, why do I have to elaborate on this if there is nothing that I like least?

First try

Your support is fantastic. I only hope it will become online 24/7.

Pros

I am still learning so I cannot really comment but I found your controls much easier to use than other suppliers.

Cons

I don't want to use entity framework and most of your examples are using that.

Great Bazor components

I've only been using the components for a couple of weeks but so far it has been very nice, reduced the amount of code I have to write. Customer service has been very responsive.

Pros

these components are easy to use, and the documentation is clear and has good examples

Cons

So far I havnt found any cons, but I have only been using for couple of weeks

Excellent Flutter Components library

Pros

Syncfusion has an amazing selection of easy to use and highly customisable visualisation components. Everything from simple line chars to complex Tree maps. They even added Caleender and have a PDF library. Their excellent customer support makes it easy to use and fix issues when you find them. I would highly recommend this package to anyone looking for a visualisation package for flutter.

Cons

Would like to see more complex graphs used by data scientists like 3d scatter plots and components to visualise point clouds.

Many features but the documentation is not sufficient

Since we are a small business, the free license really is valuable for what you get. Once we grow above the requirements for the free license, we will be happy to pay for it!

Pros

- lots of components and features - support team responds quite fast, they even (almost always) create a complete sample solution to check the behavior

Cons

- documentation is not sufficient and is not always clear - despite the fast response of the support team, they often do not really answer the question or didn't understand the question

Outstanding customer support

We use the library mostly for digital signing of PDF documents. We found all the functionality that was required for our use case. Documentation was very good and includes many practical source code examples.

Pros

What stands out to me - also compared to other libraries that I have been using in the past years - is the great customer support. All our issues and questions were answered to our full satisfaction in a very timely manner. Most of the time source code of small demonstration executables were included by the support team which were extremely helpful to us. Also our (probably uncommon) questions related to applicable industry standards were quickly investigated and answered. After providing patches, bug fixes were also quickly included in official releases.

Cons

In the context of our use case, we did not encounter any problem with the library worth to mention

Great product though not perfect

Pros

Excellent technical support for any problem you might face on implementation.

Cons

Customization sometimes not very well documented (lack of example).

The best component provider supporting multiple platforms

I like the controls features, support, but Look can be improved.

Pros

Ease of use, number of controls and support.

Cons

Look can be improved and customizing styles can be made easy (like MudBlazor).

Blazor (Client Side) Software Development

Pros

Many nice controls with standardized features

Cons

- Documentation sometimes out of date - Samples on documentation site kept very simple

Functional software.

I liked it very much in general. It is very valuable for small companies like us to have it available for free.

Pros

It is quite functional. There are many details. Themes and Designs are very beautiful.

Cons

The first education phase is difficult. Forum pages are a bit inadequate. Usage videos in local languages are missing. For example, generally Telerik and Devexpress use in Turkey. There are many training videos of these tools in Turkish on Youtube. Maybe local languages subtitles can be added to YouTube videos.

simple review

Pros

Easy to use and deploy, average documentation.

Cons

Sometimes you need to mix up code (net core html helpers with javascript)

Essential Studio Review

Pros

provides lots of powerful WPF UIcontrols that are not supported by MS WPF Good customer support

Cons

Some controls have issues that prevent them from using

It's a great bundle to accelerate your web app development

Very good

Pros

- Feature rich - Easy to use - Easy to set up - Generally fast

Cons

- Quality of documentation can be improved.

Essential Studio

tiempos de desarrollo muy buenos

Pros

Es un producto fácil de utilizar, y se adapta rápido a los proyectos que estamos desarrollando

Cons

el tiempo de respuesta de los Bug, que se basen a los votos para atenderlos.