All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Claris FileMaker Reviews

Great for a large organization.

I found it easy to use and catch on to. Anytime there was a problem, IT was able to contact and resolve it with customer support within an hour or less.

Pros

Once you were properly trained, the basic file maker go was easy to use. The background of it was extensive and allowed for a smooth operation.

Cons

I was told it was easy to mess up everything if I clicked on the wrong thing, so I was constantly worried I would ruin something. But I don't know if that's actually true.

Excellent Product for Departmental Use

Solve problems that would be very difficult to do otherwise. Makes me look good to users

Pros

Flexibility and speed of development, Able to easily customize reports and move database access to Web and iPad

Cons

No replication, so access from remote sites can be slower. This can be overcome by adding the Webdirect component to the system

Poor functionality, and support

We were able to keep everything in houser

Pros

Ease of deployment, lots of documentation on the web. The web interface was intuitive and found it easy to use

Cons

Price and support, They want to charge you just to answer the phone. When there was an issue getting support was rather difficult.

I've used FileMaker for almost ten years. It's reliable, easy to use, and efficient.

Pros

I like that each new version offers more options which suit my needs. I also like that I've never had any technical issues.

Why we replaced FileMaker with Big Biller software

It was fine in the 80's but as the world went online and databases required more functionality specifically for the search industry, we simply outgrew this softward.

Pros

It was fairly straightforward for what it's functionality generated.

Cons

It was a flat database program NOT designed for search firm use. No outbound marketing capabilities, limited searchability. Totally unsuited for the work we do.

Hello Gary. Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're sorry you didn't find value in the solution. However, it sounds like you were on an older version of FileMaker. We are happy to chat to get to the bottom of it. If you're open to discussing further, please reach out to our customer success team at customer_support@claris.com.

Hard to upgrade

Pros

Allowed us to create a very sophisticated database that could track donors and all direct mail responses

Cons

Every time filemaker upgraded to a new version we couldn't count on functionality continuing so we would have to rebuild

Has AMAZING capabilities

Unlike most software solutions where you have to compromise certain things, because you can build it from the ground up you do not have to make sacrifices.

Pros

Truly a completely customization database design software.

Cons

The learning curve is VERY steep, BUT it is so powerful it is worth it. Be prepared to invest time into training and learning.

Useful Application

Pros

Filemaker has been a great program to use and I've used it for a long time. I've loved keeping all my business things organized and neat. Easy to use and set up.

Cons

No cons that I can clearly see. If you need help, the company has great tutorials and help.

Great for small business and DIYers

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use with its drag and drop interface and design functionality. Its good for small inventory management or contact management. The software is fast and self container, its hard to mess up.

Cons

It does not scale as well as other database services. If you are using it with more than 100 users or more than 100k records of data, you're not going to get the same performance you expect. For small uses, its perfect though.

Very good!

Pros

Powerful software when you know how to use it properly.

Cons

The database we made with this software has some glitches that we can’t seem to resolve. Wish it was a bit more user friendly.

Good and Bad

Pros

I like that everything related to a request is in one spot and it had all the fields I needed for requests.

Cons

Clients didn't have access to the program.

FileMaker - The Best Database Program Out There?

Pros

FileMaker, once set up, is quite reliable. It runs on our server with no issue for months and months at a time without a crash or issue. It also has some neat features if you can get them to work.

Cons

The setup process for FileMaker can be much more complicated and confusing (not very straightforward), unlike other database solutions. You can definitely tell that it is developed by Apple and not intended for use on Windows Servers/workstations.

Filemaker Pro Purchasing Dept

Please read "Cons" section above.

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing. Good for Accounting.

Cons

System crashes, information is not transferable within application. We've used cloud-based, switched to server based. One Technician in the area to service - no one else can help. Not worth the money or effort of trying to keep in running.

A Little Frustrating but Effective

Overall, I would recommend this, as it creates a sleek file database.

Pros

I liked the ability to draw client data from the database into group sessions. It was fairly easy to add clients.

Cons

Occasionally, there were glitches in which the entire software would crash and I would lose all my data.

Good for some projects

Pros

It makes it very simple to have some sort of database software up and running

Cons

It's very easy to make a mess. If you're not familiar with database structure you may see yourself in a very complicated environment really soon

FileMaker for NonProfit DataBase

Pros

Customizable. We know we aren't using it up to its full capabilities but have not been thrilled by what we are using so haven't invested time/money.

Cons

Look and Feel are unfriendly for non-tech users and reporting. We have been unable to easily design and pull queries on our own.

Easy way to integrate software

We are using to learn how to integrate software for business needs.

Pros

User friendly and easy drag and drop functionality. Great way to integrate software and have them speak to one another, such as linking different platforms to create marketing campaigns, event planning.

Cons

Still in trial version and have not seen anything that needs improvement yet. Customer service is great and helpful for troubleshooting.

FileMaker Pro Makes Data Entry Easy

Pros

I really like the UI that enables me to easily create and change data.

Cons

Like most software getting to know how to use it can be daunting when you are faced with a large page of many many fields, but once you get the hand of it you are good to go.

Great for Collections

Pros

This is a great platform for tracking museum collections and graphics.

Cons

You create your own layouts, so sometimes editing can be a pain.

Not at all a good fit for me. Difficult to use and learn.

Pros

There are pleasant people on forums that will help you, but it feels like such a disservice to have to use people outside of their customer service just to figure out bugs. If the database is already built by someone else well, it's easy to use, but building them is really tough.

Cons

Filemaker is a clunky, difficult to use, out of date database system. It's tough to get any real help outside of finding super nice people on forums.

The Pit of Despair

Pros

I guess it's a nice touch that it works on both Mac's and PCs.

Cons

The COST is absolutely absurd for a product with so many flaws!

I use this to create and store multiple similar files.

Pros

This software is great for creating lots of files that are similar. You can easily duplicate and then edit the portions that need to be unique.

Cons

Occasionally the system crashes and for some reason files can be lost. If you Back-up you should be fine.

good experience

Pros

Easy to create solutions, easy to create objects needed and intuitive for most of the settings.it is suited for small business.

Cons

I wish it has the capability of exporting to other bi tools for transformation and data analysis easily.

Great useful product!

Super flexible, lightweight product. Great interface options with a developer learning curve.

Pros

It was very adaptable and flexible with great options for iPad and mobile functionality. Plus it allowed for some cloud functionality hosting.

Cons

Building up the interface and spreadsheet functionality took some time and studying. I ultimately couldn't complete the task on my own. I found a developer to pay.

Mindful but Gutless

Pros

It meets a very certain criteria that I need for my job.

Cons

The ui/ux experience is dated, with some easy fixes it could really shine.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.