All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Claris FileMaker Reviews

Another admin set it up. I did not have much training using the software but it has not been easy

Pros

It allows me to do billing for my facility. I like that I have my user accounts , fee per instrument etc all in one program

Cons

Not intuitive. Unless training has been provided it's hard to figure out how to use on your own. Also I have to import my online Instrument calendar separately.

For the advanced form maker

Pros

Very comprehensive functionality, many features and the industry's best form making software.

Cons

Complexity for creating simple jobs or simple tasks.

Huge promises, lot of drawbacks

FileMaker is made for the typical power users and end-users. It allows people who would not have the knowledge. However, for medium or large projets, Filemaker is most of the time a limitation and should be avoid.

Pros

I like the user interface which is easy to use most of the time. I also like the power of its data management system and its new mobile interfaces.

Cons

Integrating FileMaker in other applications or a custom applications is hard and frustrating. The documentation of its API is hard to read and integrations with Claro Connect are limited.

FileMaker Review

Pros

Filemaker seems to have the ability to store many different types of information in one place, and to search that information which is helpful when trying to collect student information all in one place.

Cons

Filemaker is a bit non-user friendly and I had a hard time figuring out how to create a new file, update old files and search the files.

Organized File System

Pros

The searchable fields are extremely helpful when working with different clients and events. We've used this system for years, and it's great to have data in one place.

Cons

My version of FM has been shutting down whenever I try to export our list to pdf. That's been a bit frustrating.

Very Lacking

Pros

Has some great features and a fairly simple to understand interface.

Cons

Extremely difficult to install or upgrade. Settings have to be adjusted through an API, which can be difficult to do for somebody who is not extremely computer savvy. Customer support is very unhelpful.

FileMaker Go complicates, and a copy of FileMaker too expensive

Pros

Functionality and overall ending product. Intermediate use ability. Hard to understand the FileMaker Go

Cons

Ease of use and functionality, I used FileMaker Go and it is limited in its functionality and I was unable to afford a copy of FileMaker Pro

I'd rather just use excel.

I do not find any benefit for myself or my team.

Pros

It has a few easier options for you to utilize a more graphical element in your files and lots. It also seems to play very well with Apple.

Cons

I hate Apple products and can't think of anything that excel can't do, and if you prefer a graphical use interface then you can use Access with excel. This to me is a beginners intro to spreadsheets. I'm sure it works for some, I just don't care for it.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.