Claris FileMaker Reviews - Page 7

Filemaker Pro Purchasing Dept

Please read "Cons" section above.

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing. Good for Accounting.

Cons

System crashes, information is not transferable within application. We've used cloud-based, switched to server based. One Technician in the area to service - no one else can help. Not worth the money or effort of trying to keep in running.

A Little Frustrating but Effective

Overall, I would recommend this, as it creates a sleek file database.

Pros

I liked the ability to draw client data from the database into group sessions. It was fairly easy to add clients.

Cons

Occasionally, there were glitches in which the entire software would crash and I would lose all my data.

Easy way to integrate software

We are using to learn how to integrate software for business needs.

Pros

User friendly and easy drag and drop functionality. Great way to integrate software and have them speak to one another, such as linking different platforms to create marketing campaigns, event planning.

Cons

Still in trial version and have not seen anything that needs improvement yet. Customer service is great and helpful for troubleshooting.

Good for some projects

Pros

It makes it very simple to have some sort of database software up and running

Cons

It's very easy to make a mess. If you're not familiar with database structure you may see yourself in a very complicated environment really soon

FileMaker for NonProfit DataBase

Pros

Customizable. We know we aren't using it up to its full capabilities but have not been thrilled by what we are using so haven't invested time/money.

Cons

Look and Feel are unfriendly for non-tech users and reporting. We have been unable to easily design and pull queries on our own.

FileMaker Pro Makes Data Entry Easy

Pros

I really like the UI that enables me to easily create and change data.

Cons

Like most software getting to know how to use it can be daunting when you are faced with a large page of many many fields, but once you get the hand of it you are good to go.

Very Flexible, Very Messy

Over all, it was a good simple tool to use as a database, but was a big pain to train anybody on, and lacks in most other capacities other then customizability.

Pros

You can make a record look like pretty much anything in Filemaker. It's impressive just how customizable it can be, and you can see everything on one page, instead of needing to scroll threw throngs of data.

Cons

Filemaker looks like it was made in 1995 and never updated. It's incredibly intimidating and not user friendly to somebody coming on who is not familiar. It's also very easy to accidentally create very messy data.

Great for Collections

Pros

This is a great platform for tracking museum collections and graphics.

Cons

You create your own layouts, so sometimes editing can be a pain.

Not at all a good fit for me. Difficult to use and learn.

Pros

There are pleasant people on forums that will help you, but it feels like such a disservice to have to use people outside of their customer service just to figure out bugs. If the database is already built by someone else well, it's easy to use, but building them is really tough.

Cons

Filemaker is a clunky, difficult to use, out of date database system. It's tough to get any real help outside of finding super nice people on forums.

Filemaker review

Overall experience is neutral. A lot of improvements can be made as competition is increasing.

Pros

strong RDMS and works well with complex data, integration is easy

Cons

Performance is challenging, Not that user friendly and lags sometimes

The Pit of Despair

Pros

I guess it's a nice touch that it works on both Mac's and PCs.

Cons

The COST is absolutely absurd for a product with so many flaws!

I use this to create and store multiple similar files.

Pros

This software is great for creating lots of files that are similar. You can easily duplicate and then edit the portions that need to be unique.

Cons

Occasionally the system crashes and for some reason files can be lost. If you Back-up you should be fine.

good experience

Pros

Easy to create solutions, easy to create objects needed and intuitive for most of the settings.it is suited for small business.

Cons

I wish it has the capability of exporting to other bi tools for transformation and data analysis easily.

Great useful product!

Super flexible, lightweight product. Great interface options with a developer learning curve.

Pros

It was very adaptable and flexible with great options for iPad and mobile functionality. Plus it allowed for some cloud functionality hosting.

Cons

Building up the interface and spreadsheet functionality took some time and studying. I ultimately couldn't complete the task on my own. I found a developer to pay.

Mindful but Gutless

Pros

It meets a very certain criteria that I need for my job.

Cons

The ui/ux experience is dated, with some easy fixes it could really shine.

For the advanced form maker

Pros

Very comprehensive functionality, many features and the industry's best form making software.

Cons

Complexity for creating simple jobs or simple tasks.

Another admin set it up. I did not have much training using the software but it has not been easy

Pros

It allows me to do billing for my facility. I like that I have my user accounts , fee per instrument etc all in one program

Cons

Not intuitive. Unless training has been provided it's hard to figure out how to use on your own. Also I have to import my online Instrument calendar separately.

Huge promises, lot of drawbacks

FileMaker is made for the typical power users and end-users. It allows people who would not have the knowledge. However, for medium or large projets, Filemaker is most of the time a limitation and should be avoid.

Pros

I like the user interface which is easy to use most of the time. I also like the power of its data management system and its new mobile interfaces.

Cons

Integrating FileMaker in other applications or a custom applications is hard and frustrating. The documentation of its API is hard to read and integrations with Claro Connect are limited.

FileMaker Review

Pros

Filemaker seems to have the ability to store many different types of information in one place, and to search that information which is helpful when trying to collect student information all in one place.

Cons

Filemaker is a bit non-user friendly and I had a hard time figuring out how to create a new file, update old files and search the files.

Organized File System

Pros

The searchable fields are extremely helpful when working with different clients and events. We've used this system for years, and it's great to have data in one place.

Cons

My version of FM has been shutting down whenever I try to export our list to pdf. That's been a bit frustrating.

Very Lacking

Pros

Has some great features and a fairly simple to understand interface.

Cons

Extremely difficult to install or upgrade. Settings have to be adjusted through an API, which can be difficult to do for somebody who is not extremely computer savvy. Customer support is very unhelpful.

FileMaker Go complicates, and a copy of FileMaker too expensive

Pros

Functionality and overall ending product. Intermediate use ability. Hard to understand the FileMaker Go

Cons

Ease of use and functionality, I used FileMaker Go and it is limited in its functionality and I was unable to afford a copy of FileMaker Pro

I'd rather just use excel.

I do not find any benefit for myself or my team.

Pros

It has a few easier options for you to utilize a more graphical element in your files and lots. It also seems to play very well with Apple.

Cons

I hate Apple products and can't think of anything that excel can't do, and if you prefer a graphical use interface then you can use Access with excel. This to me is a beginners intro to spreadsheets. I'm sure it works for some, I just don't care for it.