Formotus Reviews

Formotus

Mobile form business apps & form builder

3.69/5 (16 reviews)

Anonymous

Need to make forms? USE THIS!

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Pros
Fantastic program. It's intuitive and easy to use. Formotus has saved us from many headaches!

Cons
NONE! There have been no complaints from anyone while using Formotus.

Roger Stone

First class Infopath forms for iOS

Reviewed 2018-09-09

The Formotus platform allowed us to deploy native SharePoint forms to iPad's, being the only product on the market at the time to offer this compatibility along with the ability to capture data in an offline mode, which was crucial for us. Since the initial launch, the platform has evolved to support most of the controls and business logic available to an InfoPath designer, without sacrificing functionality or restricting the design in any way. Having tried most of the alternatives available today, Formotus is still the only product on the market to offer this without compromise.

Pros
Compatibility with InfoPath controls, conditions and rules is very near 100% Use InfoPath as a design tool then use the Formotus portal to configure and push to iPads is intuitive Support for pre-populated forms (called Workflow Forms) with sync between library and iPad's Support for offline with automatic sync once connected to a network Support for multiple user logons and granular permissions Full support for check out / check in within SharePoint library

Cons
Licencing model can become costly if sharing iPad's between multiple users Support could be more responsive (although the time difference between UK & USA is responsible for the lag) - support once online were always helpful

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

We had a non-developer create a form that was used in the field for a few years

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-20

It served its purpose while we used it. We now have a native app that replaced it. But it's easy to set up forms. Moderate to slightly difficult to handle the data the form generates. End users found it difficult to retain reports they submitted.

Pros
- Easy to create forms with low technical skill necessary - Allowed the transfer of knowledge from InfoPath form creation to iOS "app" - Several different methods for submitting data back to the office from the mobile devices

Cons
- Once a form was submitted, the data was gone to the field staff. We sent forms via email back to a SharePoint list. Users were going through their sent items in their inbox and pulling up the XML to read what they had submitted - Didn't seem like very many new features during the time we used it. But that may be my own unawareness - I was only moderately involved in that project - InfoPath seems to be on its way out, there are a lot of better alternatives now... including Office Forms

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Leigh Durland

Formotus has been an invaluable tool for the organization

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Pros
Formotus allows to rapidly deploy field solutions in very little time and with very little issues from the field. The customer support always finds a way to resolve your issues.

Cons
Since we primarily deal with InfoPath it is a shame that MS has discontinued the development of the software. That being said the Formotus team is putting in great effort to establish their own web version of InfoPath as a replacement. Time will tell how it stacks up against MS PowerApps.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Molly Mellema

More functionality in certain areas compared to similar apps, but limitations in other areas.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Visibility on what our field team is recommending.

Pros
App is easy to use when it comes to searching the recommendation list. You can start typing in a recommendation and all those with those letters will appear--which is much easier than apps our organization has utilized in the past.

Cons
Unfortunately there are some formatting limitations that make our final product look less than desirable. We are working on correcting this, as the final formatted version is what our members see.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Formotus feels more and more outdated.

Reviewed 2018-03-26

Pros
Easy to implement into existing processes and with the InfoPath option we had one solution for everything. We create one form and use it on many different devices including the browser. This made it very quickly available mobile.

Cons
But forms where never really created for the mobile experience. If we try to create our existing processes in Formotus it feels quickly slow and not up to date anymore. It is very easy to create complex processes which quickly don't work anymore proper on mobile devices. We found that it works well for very simple forms and processes but as soon as it gets complex you reach the limitation of the architecture behind it. Compared to other app it now also seems to be to expensive for the provided functionality. I don't think that it should be about forms on mobile devices anymore it should be about creating simple apps on mobile devices to represent the whole process. I have to mention that I'm not using much the new Formotus form build but we tested it. If I have to create a separate form in the browser and one to print the form or install and separate add on on our SharePoint server. This loses the advantage Formotus had so far in the last couple of years. If I have to do this I would at least expect that I can change the whole app and would not just get a long form list.

Mark Raybuck

Used on multiple jobs/projects to create efficiency.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-07-21

Project efficiency, avoid use of paper forms, more accurate data submitted to the project team or database.

Pros
Ability to use complex calculations and customize mobile forms for use in the field. Great online dashboard to upload and deploy forms to mobile user groups.

Cons
Initially, required to use Microsoft InfoPath to create forms, but that is now changing. InfoPath is a powerful tool, but has a steep learning curve, and some features in InfoPath are not supported in Formotus.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Greg Fischer

The functionality of the program is well-designed.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
Formotus produces high quality results for conducting surveys. It takes a few minutes to learn, but once the basics are mastered, it's easy to create surveys.

Cons
The cost is a bit probitive, especially for those using it for academic purposes. It would be nice to see an expanded field of offers to make it a more affordable option.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Olivia Porter

I only used Formotus once for an event where I had absolutely no wi-fi and it served its purpose.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
I chose to use Formotus for an event without any wifi, and it's ability to function without WIFI served my needs at the time.

Cons
This product was difficult to set up initially, and when I did download it, I couldn't set it up using a Chromebook. I had to switch to my PC, which wasn't much easier.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Stephanie Swinehart

I tested this product for a class, but did not use in the field.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Pros
I liked that you could customize the form to the detail necessary for good qualitative analysis. Appropriate flow of questions is essential to good survey design.

Cons
I thought setting up the form itself was clunky and the design was a bit confusing to figure out. Could be more intuitive.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Chris Warfield

Versatile tool that has boosted our productivity

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Saves time in the field and in the office. We generate customer facing reports automatically when a survey is completed using the mobile app.

Pros
Easy to use and easy to deploy. Great features makes it easy for us to customize both the field app and the reports we generate from the field surveys. GPS feature is awesome. Fantastic customer support!

Cons
Would like to have satellite view for GPS coordinates in report output. Other than that, I don't have any other "cons" for Forms On Fire.

Kelly Cook

FORMOTUS Forms support

Reviewed 2018-08-03

The FORMOTUS support team provided me with exceptional customer service. When I encountered an Apple iSO issue with my organizations forms, FORMOTUS worked with me to trouble shoot the issue and then quickly created a fix to get my forms running smoothly again. THANK YOU FORMOTUS!!!

Pros
Great support team and trouble free forms for the last 4 years.

Cons
I can't think of any major issues. No problems.

Chris Ybarra

App crashes a lot. Our in the field contractors have difficulty using.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

It has helped with gaining knowledge of what works and does not work.

Pros
App has given us a good template to start with. We have been able to learn what we like and dislike.

Cons
When issue arises with app tech support solution is to delete the app and start again. Continually have issue with communication between the app and Microsoft SharePoint system. When app is getting an update it would be nice to get a notice.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Dana Knapp

The features & functionality are very good, it is just the lack of support

Reviewed 2018-03-26

I don't think I got as much as I could due to lack of communication and help.

Pros
The Features of the forms are great and easy to use. the templates are useful and easy to set up.

Cons
the lack of Support and communication / Help is not good also it is not widely known about any training course of help with anything.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Shelley Otero

Very easy and fast

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Speed up processing the companies dispatch an receipts.

Pros
Ease of use while creating forms. As an option fir mobile use, Formotus is the easiest I have experienced at tjis time.

Cons
I find Limiting User Interface Options like inserting barcodes and QRcodes for ease of processing. For some functionality it would be quite an advancement.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Kelly Cannon

I learned Formotus for a graduate level course in Project Assessment. It has been very useful so far

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
I like the ease of creating surveys, especially for use offline in the field. I traveled to the Philippines to do fieldwork. I learned this software in order to easily access surveys offline.

Cons
Some of the saving of multiple drafts caused me problems, as well as the transfer to the app. Once I practiced a few times, it became easier to understand but initially caused me some difficulty.