Ignite UI Logo

3.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.35/10

Reviews by rating

Ease of use, very good value for money. It is very flexible and reliable.
The JQuery DataGrid is very important for us, but We recently are using Angular controls. We have found that Angular controls have great functionalities.
The ease of integration does it for me, it was extremely easy connecting to the other software I have.
There is no remote software support. And we are sending emails and emails to solve one problem.
No reason not to use this product in the integration with our existing processes.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Ignite UI Shines Bright

Pros

While using Ignite UI, we were able to reduce at least some time and effort at each individual step of the development life cycle, inception to unveil, without sacrificing any quality or creative liberty.

Cons

Cost / Pricing model is on par for the industry and provides an acceptable value for well-funded projects and corporate IT development teams with annual software budgets. However, I like to see more affordable offerings and/or discount tiers for freelance and individual developers that could benefit greatly from access to Ignite UI, but may not have the $1,000 + to purchase in the near term.

SD

Sanae D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

We were able to create a web UI efficiently.

We were able to easily build input in DataGird.

Pros

Beautiful design. lightweight Data Grid.

Cons

Manual is difficult to understand. We always contacted support.

Thanks for the review, Sanae! The beautiful design comes from the fact that we comply with the Material Design System that supports best practices of user interface design. Having a Grid that follows the Material Design concept helps us build a modern high-performance functionalities. As for the documentation, we always strive to improve it. Feel free to share the area that we lack and we will be glad to work on it.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Go with AG-Grid instead

We ended up having to replace the software with AG Grid after a couple of weeks. While it is better than material's built in list, it isn't good enough for what we needed and ultimately wasn't worth the money.

Pros

It is well themed for an Angular Materials site and the look and feel is top tier.

Cons

AG Grid has all the features it does and then some. IgniteUI just doesn't really hold up. Also, a lot of the features it says it has just are not configurable in a usable way. Users found the interface took time to figure out (if they managed to understand it at all). The support seems good on the surface, but if you need to customize it at all it isn't very flexible. Also, the developers are not US based, nor do they speak English so getting the advanced support package really doesn't do you any good. Ultimately, talks with the support team just ended with them making excuses.

Thank you for your feedback! We're normally known for our exceptional user experience, and we regret that's not the case in the use cases you mentioned. We constantly strive to provide better UX with each release and we will ensure that your feedback will be shared with our Design team. Customization and ease of use always depends on the end-user preferences and use cases, we hope that if you someday decide to try our Ignite UI for Angular product again, you will be positively surprised by the progress that we've made. We are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our Support team, all non-US developers are fluent English speakers which doesn't exclude a possibility some cases to be handled not as good as the end-user had hoped.

YK

Yoshiomi K.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

I can develop business applications efficiently.

Pros

It is easy to build a good-looking, modern-design UI. DataGrid runs fast and can display large amounts of data.

Cons

There are few controls for React and Blazor.

Thank you for the review, Yoshiomi! Each day more and more components are included as part of both Blazor and React product. We are proud with both working with data and load time performance as these are two of the pillars of our products.

LN

Louis N.

Banking, self-employed

Ignite UI, your product is great!

I was still on trial, and Ignite UI was my first choice. But, I had to switch to Telerik, as I don't handle many projects. I was looking for a project to explore and master over a couple of years, but paying for license not frequently used, it's not for me.

Pros

Everything is well thought, better than competitors, though not as much as rating online compared to others.

Cons

The licensing model, annual recurrent subscription is not convenient

Thank you for the honest feedback, Louis. Although our licensing model was not suitable for your needs, we appreciate the time you spent on evaluating our product. Another branch of our licensing model is also the free, non-commercial license which covers the users part of a developer program like Microsoft MVP, Regional Director, Google Developer Expert or any primary, secondary or university student, or academic institution for example.

DS

Dustin S.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Dear John

We Licensed your Blazor front end, and it’s been a bunch of broken promises IMO with no resolution in sight, It also would seem your team doesn’t treat it like a professional product, and now I am having to deal with its short comings constantly in a production environment. PT will never License another Infragistics’s product again as far as I am concerned.

Pros

The Marketing, seriously you guys make it look like you have an actual product library that is ready for production, and that is totally not the case.

Cons

Ignite UI for Blazor does not feel like it is even close to feature complete. Your marketing for it claims that it has everything you would need to develop CRUD applications, but even basic things are totally missing. Up tell like last week you couldn't even delete a row out of your DataGrid with out using a bunch of Contrived JSInvokables. That's totally unacceptable for a product that claims to be ready for CRUD, not to mention it is going backwards in-relation to what Blazor apps were designed to be, IE A total replacement for Java for REST/ASP/MVC. Also up until about 3 weeks ago, your documentation was basically non existent for this product.

NM

Nelson M.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Review Ignite UI 22.1 Angular and JQuery

My experience with Ignite UI Angular is good but it needs improve in features as jQuery controls have. The Help for Angular controls needs to be improved with more examples.

Pros

Cons

Angular DataGrid do not offer some functionalities that JQuery DatGrid have. For example Validators doesn't exists in Angular DataGrid but they exists in JQuery DataGrid. We like that Anguilar controls have at least the same functionalities that exists in JQuery controls. The Help Online for angular controls is not friendly. The JQuery online help is better. We need more examples in Angular documentation.

JB

Jose B.

Capital Markets, self-employed

Great companion for a back-end developer

I have a lot of unfinished projects because front-end is very challenging for me. I've invested my energy in learning about databases and algorithms, therefore, I consider Ignite UI as a partner more than a product.

Pros

Angular grid can do things I could have never developed on my own.

Cons

Have not really understood how data updates on editable cells work, especially when the data source is an observable, so implement my own methods to update at the database and behavior subject level.

TR

Ty R.

Fishery, self-employed

ApostleBigDad review

Pros

I would have to say the entire thing is overall great. Definitely will keep using

Cons

Not much I didn’t like I don’t use and if I do it’s not often. Great feature. I would recommend to anyone

CP

Curran P.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Ignite UI

Easy to use and get to grips with.

Pros

Very easy to get to grips with especially when you are new to this.

Cons

nothing i cannot say anything bad about the software.

YK

Yong K.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ignite UI!

Pros

The product was easy to use and easy to integrate with our existing processes.

SC

Shahid C.

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Check it out

very good, would recommend to others.

Pros

Ease of use, very good value for money. It is very flexible and reliable.

Cons

it was opening vry slowly and access was not very fast, good.

Thank you for the review, Shahid! Feel free to share such problems with our dev community and team members within Discord: https://discord.com/invite/dEJySM7Ncs or on GitHub: https://github.com/IgniteUI

MN

Muhammad Nadeem A.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

I used Ignite UI for react. Unfortunately the problem is still not solved

Not good at all.

Pros

Nothing. As still solution is incomplete

Cons

Hello Muhammad Nadeem, We are sorry to hear that Ignite UI for React did not solve your existing issue. We have an open support case and our technical support engineers will be communicating and answering any questions you have through there.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Ignite UIのレビュー

高機能なUIを自分達で実装するよりも構築できるため、サブスクリプション費用分はすぐにペイでき、費用対効果が高いUIコンポーネント部品集だと思います。

Pros

Angular版を利用しているが、高機能データグリッド(ソート、フィルタ)を容易に作成できる事が決めてとなった。

Cons

基本的には特にないが、稀にサポートの回答が具体的でない又は回答を頂けない場合がある。開発に不安がある場合は、もう1つ上位のサポートプランにすれば解決できるのかもしれませんので、上位プランを検討してみるのも良いかもしれません。

Showing original review in Japanese. See translation

AN

Andrina N.

Music, 1-10 employees

Andrea MariaDB, Review of Ignite UI

Pros

Cons

nothing at all, so far I mean, I have only started to use Ignite UI

Thank you for your review! Ignite UI is one of our most robust and innovative product lines, glad you like it. With that said, if you havent already, check out our App Builder platform, I believe you will find it very useful when it comes to kickstarting a new app development.

JA

James A.

Music, self-employed

Wonderful

Great

Pros

It's very user friendly, and easy to use.

Cons

It's not more easily available, to those of us who don't have internet.

Thank you for your review!

BS

Brent S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Ignite UI experience

Pros

The grid is by far the best feature of ignite UI.

Cons

I am having issues removing the Trial watermark on deployment with MVC / Razor pages.

MD

Michelle D.

Design, 1-10 employees

Ignite UI review

Pros

I like the visual aid and how it can be transferred into code

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit and place things such as how it's done on google slides