IntelliJ IDEA

Integrated development environment for Java developers

IntelliJ IDEA Reviews - Page 29

Advanced IDE which is far far better than Eclipse, NetBeans with more developer friendly features.

Pros

1) Lots of automated configurations that ease of actually beginning of development. 2) Indexing, integrations of various plugins for maven, github, docker, jenkins, (advanced UI integrations), etc. Actually, IntelliJ has many more advantages so cannot cover all.

Cons

1) Heavy software taking more than 2 min (for i5-3rd gen with 8GB RAM, ubuntu). 2) Slow start compared to Eclipse and NetBeans (may be combined).

Good editor especially for java

I have used Intellij for many projects.

Pros

It is amazing while editing Java code. It gives helpful suggestions, has good shortcuts and creates getters and setters on its own.

Cons

The software version with Spring boot and additional capabilities comes at a heavy cost.

One of the best and most popular IDE for Java

I use it to develop automated integration tests with Java and Cucumber.

Pros

It has features that make life very easy, such as autocomplete and suggestions, it works very well with several plugins. Really easy to work with test automation using cucumber.

Cons

I commonly have problems with lag if the program has different aspects that make it heavy. Other than that, there’s not much I don’t like.

The Java development tool

Pretty good IDE for a beginner and pro at the same time. I recommend it!

Pros

In my opinion IntelliJ IDEA is the best Java environment to code into. It has version control that helps a lot. (I use GitHub) A lot of project templates that you can choose from. Good backend / server coding environment.

Cons

It is really slow at times, which is resonable but it could get some more work on this part. Lacks integration with more plugins.

Great tool, but I miss Eclipse

Pros

I've used IDEA mainly in the form of Android Studio. Coming from Eclipse, I've found many small things that I missed there, like the shortcut to create class members and assign them for the constructor arguments, which you need to do one by one in Eclipse. The refactoring tools and the way they let you preview the changes are great, and in many cases much more intelligent than in Eclipse.

Cons

At times, you find disappointing things, like the fact that there's no continuous build and you won't get compiler errors in preview. A bit disappointed by the integration with git (trying to abstract away too much of its harshness). I'm not sure I'd buy a license to replace Eclipse, although maybe I should try IDEA for a longer time and more intensely.

Feels Outdated and Buggy

I have been using IntelliJ for a few months, and I have yet to find any joy in the IntelliJ experience at all. Mostly I find myself wishing it was more modernized like VSCode.

Pros

The integration with the Kotlin environment and associated tools (i.e. Gradle, debugger) makes it so this is the best software to use and there are a lot of plugins and customizations available

Cons

The dang thing crashes all the time, seems like at least once a day it will just randomly crash for no reason, even if just sitting in the background and not in use. I have used VSCode for the past 3 years, and am only using IntelliJ because I have been doing some Kotlin programming, and man does it feel like a step backwards. Unfortunately, it seems like maybe some more Kotlin tooling is needed for VSCode to make it a replacement in this specific scenario. The UI is also a lot more cluttered compared to VSCode.

Best of the Best IDE

Pros

I love this application. We can build great apps with this. Connecting API's are very easy.

Cons

You take time to get acquainted to the IDE, as there are a lot of features to get used to. You might have to take a short tutorial about how to use it.

Test automation in JAVA, Intelli j is for you

Tool helped us achieve our test suite development.

Pros

We were looking for a tool for java development for our test automation tool and found intelli j IDE. Tool has too good features which are very useful for new users / new developers.

Cons

Auto complete, fuzzy search, syntax highlighting, install extensions are some fo the great features in this tools. keeps going intelli J.

Nice Java IDE which helps you create your Java program

Pros

Very nice IDE which has good debugging features and always looks out for you while you're coding. Another pro, mainly for the company in general, is that they give out free licenses to students! Their support for many frameworks is also a nice touch, which you wouldn't get in a free IDE.

Cons

The price for the full version is a lot. It would drive me away if I wasn't a student.

Lots of features

Used it to code in Java for university and a training I had.

Pros

The guys an intelliJ surely make some nice software, I used it to code Java for my university and it both looks great and works nicely.

Cons

While it works okay, it feels kind of slow to load compare to Eclipse for example and while it looks good, Eclipse is easier to use while this one is a bit confusing at start.

Powerful environment for devs

Pros

-Java based -Code analysis works like a charm -Smart & Chain completion are perfect -The language injection is simple and effective

Cons

-Kind of costly, and the learning curve is a little steep

A very powerfull IDE

Pros

It has a lot of functionalities, and you can also add plugings, add-ons, etc. The community is big and people share a lot of content and knowledge, so you can fix your problems, add improvements and find other things very easy. You can use your own repo. Also I recommend to use it with Maven if you are programming in Java, it will make your life easier.

Cons

THe only thing I see so far is the difficulty or in other words, the IDE is a little hard to use, I mean, more hard than other IDEs, but it is because it has a lot of more functions, but you will addapt very fast I asure you.

IntelliJ IDEA Review

Overall a good experience and was a good software for me to use to get started with coding.

Pros

This software provides an easy to use platform to code and run the code, easy for beginners to pick up and start using especially if they are new to coding.

Cons

Because of the great number of features provided by the software, it may be overwhelming for people who are new to coding.

IntelliJ IDEA Review

Really useful for coding, user friendly, gradle build system feature is very helpful

Pros

We can use community package freely, really good ide for java development, easy to use and flexible

Cons

Other packages are expensive, only community package is free

User friendly

Providing opensource solutions to businesses and help them transform digitally.

Pros

Software is very convenient to use. Supports thousands of free plugins that makes a programmers life easier. Very user friendly Interface.

Cons

Interface is a little bit complex. There is a learning curve for the new users to get adhered to the software, especially the settings of the software.

Codding Like A Code-Master

Pros

The user interface is easy-to-use and supports the best user experience possible. I have started my codding experience on this software and was quite pleased with its simplicity that leads to more complex features.

Cons

It can be a little bit difficult to dive into the software for a starter without any guidelines from others, but as soon as you pass the stage, it is good to go.

One of the best JAVA IDEs on the market

Pros

I moved onto this from Eclipse and I've found it so much better to use. It's a good medium between something like Visual studio and eclipse as it allows a lot of functionality without making you feel bogged down.

Cons

Though I say I enjoy the extra functionality sometimes having a simple and concise window feels nicer and easier to use. Especially when working with larger projects

Fantastic IDE for Python and Java

Pros

I really like the overall provided functionalities of the IDE and i would suggest to install the base IDE and add plugins accordingly instead of installing programming language specific distributions (e.g. PyCharm). For android development this is the best IDE available.

Cons

The UI can be slow at times and CPU intensive. A bit of getting used to it is needed for the first time as there are lot of things.

Perfect tool for Java related developments, little struggling for javascript based developments

It helps a lot with unit testing since it has wide variety of plugins

Pros

It offers good plugins for unit testing and it actually gives a good interface for java related developments. I used it for android as well and found it really handy

Cons

I dont prefer it for python/JavaScript/typescript development. It is also difficult to setup in the first place.

The Review

One-of-a-kind IDEA and software engineer's best friend

Pros

Amazing features, wide coverage and auto-save. Free for students <3

Cons

There's so many features, so if you try to learn it on your own you'll get lost and angry most likely.

Incredibly useful IDE

I cannot stand coding in Java without IntelliJ.

Pros

There is nothing I have had to do that IntelliJ couldn't help with. I continue to discover features that make my life easier, from Git integration to Spring initialization to the robust refactoring options. IntelliJ makes every part of my job easier.

Cons

It's a memory hog but what can you expect from such a robust product?

Intelli J

Pros

I used this IDE for one of my first projects. It has more tools and can be integrated well with svn.

Cons

I don't hate it but it is somewhat difficult to use compared to Eclipse. Eclipse is more widely used and has more help available online as well.

Best IDE!!

I had some difficulties to install on Mac, because my company uses java 8, and intelliJ asked for version 11 due to cucumber.

Pros

IntelliJ has a nice interface, many adds available to be installed and used and improve your work and how you face the code.

Cons

I can’t remember what I like least about this IDE, once I switched from others softwares because of pros.

Easy, lightweight and amazing

Pros

- You need not to learn using this IDE unlike other IDEs like Eclipse and Netbeans. - Loads really fast compared to other IDEs. - Can draw UML diagrams directly on the basis of code. - I used it for Ansible code formatting and it was great working with it.

Cons

- I have used this software for less than a year and haven't found any cons as such yet.

Great for its price.

Definitely works better on my MAC BOOK than other similar softwares.

Pros

Perfect software for any developer, especially those who are beginners like myself. Installing plugins is a no brainer, its user interface is clean and simple.

Cons

Can take a toll on your computer if you dont have a robust laptop like the macbook, takes up a lot of memory.