IntelliJ IDEA

Integrated development environment for Java developers

IntelliJ IDEA Reviews - Page 5

Awesome software!

Wonderful product, i started liking it better than Eclipse.

Pros

I absolutely love how much is built into this amazing product. Super easy to use, customize, install any additional plugins. It's highly helpful in every sense.

Cons

I cannot find any cons at the moment, everything is great about this product, really. It's not free, can we call it a "con"? :)

IDEal IDE

I manage to learn quick where is every tool I need. I feel is one of the most complete IDE for java.

Pros

The wide variety of languages that supports and it's very useful for debugging and testing. Also it has integrated Git tools.

Cons

The first time you use it, it's some confusing and take time to remember where are the diferents tools.

Great JVM Developer Tool

Overall I am a big fan of IntelliJ IDEA, as nothing else in the space compares. VSCode is catching up with extensions but still has ways to go.

Pros

This is pretty much the de-facto editor for any type of JVM project. It has most of the features you want, but build management tends to be complicated through a UI like this, and I prefer CLI tools. You usually end up having to write bash scripts and CLI tools for continuous integration anyways, so it makes it more opaque.

Cons

I think the build and debugging configuration are very opaque. It'd be great to understand what CLI commands are being run under-the-hood, otherwise you get a lot of cases where you can't reproduce things in the UI vs CLI, which is important when writing CI steps.

IntejjiJ - More intelligent that all IDEs

Going good so far. Developers are loking it and it has made their life easy.

Pros

1. Suggestor 2. Different settings 3. Gradle and maven ease 4. Java and Groovy in one GO 5. Build and bootrun from single window

Cons

1. Sometimes hangs and a bit heavy on system CPU 2. Gradle build sometimes have to be done multiple times for importing the dependencies

Best Java IDE

Java software development and debugging is easy with IntelliJ IDEA when comapre to other IDEs.

Pros

IntelliJ IDEA is one of the best IDEs for Java software developing. It has a very unique user interface which is really informative for developers. It also support most of the Java frameworks available, that makes easier to setup new projects.

Cons

IntelliJ IDEA consumes a lot of resources to operate which will make hard to use the software in a low end computer.

A great IDE

I've been using this software for over 5 years. It is the best JAVA IDE out there currently and the customization of it is top notch. Keep it up!

Pros

Coming from one of IntelliJ's competitors, there is just so more offered in IntelliJ IDEA. The UI is very clean and is very customizable. You can customize the font, font size and even the look of the toolbars. The best thing about the IDE is the plugin functionality. You can download 1000s of plugins from IntelliJ's plugin repository. These plugins range from different server support, coding styles etc. The available plugins really put this IDE over the top.

Cons

The IDE can be a bit heavy and slow at times, but it is a good trade off for the customizable of the software. Also the professional version is a little pricey for independent developers.

THE development platform for java/groovy.

It is so powerful, fast, easy. EVEN the free version of the software has so many features. The git integration, and CRASH FREE software is just a joy to use. I loved eclipse, but Intelij has so many features that are invented by developers for developers...

Pros

I've used Intelij for years now after switching from Eclipse. I do java/Groovy development for a living, and this tool makes it a joy. AutoComplete, find, refactor, debugging...its all there. The GIT integration is a life saver. Code formatting, syntax hilighting...it has every feature and more.

Cons

I switched from Eclipse and kept the eclipse keystrokes. That was tough for me to convert to the intellij keystrokes. For example, the default keystrokes for formatting a code section is different than on eclipse. The default key shortcuts just didn't make sense to me.

IntelliJ IDEA

According to my overall experience with IntelliJ IDEA, I can suggest it is one of the good IDE for software development

Pros

IntelliJ IDEA is good coding IDE. It is a java integrated development environment. Very easy to use. Basically I have use it for develop Java play application(play framework). In my experience IntelliJ IDEA is very good development environment for developing computer software. Very easy to add libraries and other development dependencies. It is also improve developer productivity. IntelliJ IDEA is show coding errors and warnings (compile errors, warnings of variable usage, spelling mistakes and etc.). We can debug code using IntelliJ IDEA. it is very useful for developers, When going to fix a bug. Also this IDE support the version control systems such as GitHub, Bitbucket.

Cons

IntelliJ IDEA require the higher memory requirement. in my view, it is the main disadvantage of IntelliJ IDEA, I have faced.

Marketed for Java but pretty much usable for anything

Pros

IntelliJ is an IDE that can be used for any language although it is marketed for mainly Java. At first, I was hesitant to try IntelliJ as I had an unhealthy obsession with VSCode but VSCode isn't great when it comes to things like C++, Java and Scala. I switched to IntelliJ to work on a SpringBoot project and ever since then it has been my go-to for Java. For the developers that are reluctant to have more than one IDE (I was reluctant too), IntelliJ supports a wide variety of languages. With the new updates, it also has support for version controlling, debugging and you could easily customize it to your preference so that you don't have to get used to new shortcuts.

Cons

It does take a while to get used to the overall application and is a bit resource hungry but there should be workarounds for that and once you get the hang of the application it is easy to use.

Great tool for coding

I really like to use it over other IDEs. I recommend it to my friends.

Pros

Autofill suggestions, Codota plugin for autofill Generate codes Shortcuts Black theme

Cons

Memory intensive, The community version doesn't support some frameworks like springboot

Coding is now funnier than ever

For New QA that are trying to learn Coding it's the perfect tool. We clearly see the benefit.

Pros

The luncher that manage updates is wonderful. IDE optimized for all major language.

Cons

A Pro version that doesn't add much. Not enough plugins compare to competition

Best IDE for java & many other languages

Pros

I has almost ever feature you can think of provided you find the right command or install the right plugin. It can be used languages (no c/c++ plugin yet???)

Cons

It is very resource intensive. 16 GB of RAM memory is probably the minimum if you don't want the computer turning into a room heater

Best JAVA editor

The autocomplete function that it has integrated with the compiler is very useful. The fact I can have my databases configured in the same program and not forced to used a second program for it.

Pros

The fact that I can have various configurations and it's very easy to configure it.

Cons

Sometimes it does not refresh all files I am currently working on while building a project. The fact that every now and then it kills some plugins while you are currently working in it.

Best in class Java IDE

IntelliJ is a day in and day out workhouse for software development

Pros

Great syntax highlighting, search and code suggestions

Cons

It's a little laggy to include updates that are already released in WebStorm No built in C# support

IntelliJ Review

Pros

IntelliJ is an extremely feature rick integrated development environment. If there is a feature you like or need in regards to IDE IntelliJ likely already has it. One feature that stands out is their debugger. With so many ways to manipulate and evaluate code with IntelliJ, debugging has become significantly easier.

Cons

The one downside in my option to IntelliJ's feature rich environment is that it can be overly complicated and even a little brittle in some cases when not properly configured. With so many things to remember or configure properly setting up a large project can be fairly difficult. With that in mind it should also be noted that IntelliJ's documentation is helpful in most cases but due to the complexity can come up lacking at times.

Great IDE for Java development.

I am doing software development and I am using Intellij IDEA for my daily job activities.

Pros

* It has all that you need to do Java development. * UI is user-friendly. * Easy installation. * Optimized

Cons

* Nothing, for me is the best Java IDE. Everything is good.

One of the best IDE for Java Developments.

Easy to code with smart code completion process and shortcut keys helps to save our time.

Pros

With the IntelliJ IDEA, we can efficiently develop java based applications with the provided features in the platform.We can analyze our source codes in deeply and find out how should we proceed with the developments which can efficiently build and execute our applications.In fact, we can improve performances of applications by in depth analysis with the platform.We can quickly navigate and process with the shortcut keys and easy to code with IntelliJ IDEA. Also, we can have themes for the workspace and we can have supportive tools for for the developments.

Cons

Platform performance is highly depend on our computer resources and it would be great if having a RAM which is more than 4GB. It will take little bit time to startup the process with the platform if we are having less powerful computer resources.

Easy to learn, great support

I use it as my primary IDE. I've been using it for 4 years and increases my development efficiency a lot after learning the code search shortcuts and refactoring features.

Pros

Out of the box experience is great. It's very intuitive to configure themes and syntax format I prefer. The plugin repository is also very extensive. Typescript support is great with different refactoring features.

Cons

If you work on different languages, say frontend is Typescript + HTML + CSS and backend is Java, you'll have to purchase Webstorm and IntelliJ licenses which are quite costly. Typescript has recently improved IDE support in it's native compiler; however, since Webstorm Typescript plugin is built on top of Java, it takes some time to propagate new Typescript language service features to Webstorm.

Huge Java Productivity Boost

IntelliJ IDEA is the de facto industry standard IDE for a reason. Despite the Ultimate version not being free, this IDE is much better in my opinion than the free alternatives (major competitors being Eclipse, NetBeans).

Pros

Intellisense is the best out of all of the IDEs I've tried Coding suggestions have helped me avoid common pitfalls or simplify code Project search for symbols, methods, etc is very effective and quick Support for multiple programming languages outside of just Java, including JS/React/Angular, Python, etc through extensive plugin integration

Cons

Expensive commercial license, though the free license can also be used for commercial use for non-web projects Uses a lot of memory so it requires a machine with a lot of RAM

Everything you can ask for

If you have a high-tier PC - use it! I wish there was a less cpu-intensive version with just the most used functions. Currently if you do not have high-end PC -- I'd sadly recommend to stay away despite being a great IDE.

Pros

This IDE saved me so many times! It can literally do anything. There's so many features all you have to do is a quick google and you'll find out how it is possible with a few clicks.

Cons

The UI could be better. Especially things like adding new bundles (usually not crucial stuff) and editing the looks could take a lot of time even though it is possible. Other issue is its high CPU usage. I'm running it in a new 2018 (currently newest) Macbook Pro and sometimes it cannot handle it. The Mac gets hot in no time but also I had a few times (over months) of crashing.

Used it as Android Studio

It has been a great choice to start my application with Android Studio, I feel it has helped me fix a lot of silly errors when I was just starting and as I have become more familiar with the tool, I have started to extensively use al of the features that make my overall productivity increase dramatically.

Pros

I have had the opportunity to use this IDE for almost a year already in it's Android "flavor". I'd simply would bot be able to conceive my development without a tool like this one. It makes the whole process a delight for developers that don't have to care about integrating this tool with some others like builders or version controllers. All is already included here. It really helps a great deal to analyze that your code actually makes sense and everything is in check which saves you an enormous amount of time in fixing the code before making your build.

Cons

So far I haven't been able to find a single thing I dislike about Android Studio. It might not be the easiest IDE to work with but there is plenty of documentation online to get you started.

Best Integrated development environment(IDE) for Java

My overall experience is great. It's the best Java IDE available at the moment and it also support students by giving a free licence for the pro version. So I have used it over 4 years without any issues as a student and a professional.

Pros

They have added many features in the new version and IDE allows to generate getters ,setters or constructors just by clicking a one item. it makes the coding process easier and efficient. Another feature i like is that it shows the argument names when using a method. It has very user friendly interface and many features to make coding easier.

Cons

In my opinion it's the best Java IDE available at the moment and current features are great. Sometimes there's a slight delays in detecting code errors other than that it's a great IDE

Awesome IDE!

I really enjoyed IntelliJ as a user and it really helped me feel more secure about using IDEs. It is great for beginner coders and is really easy to use.

Pros

I liked how simple and easy to use IntelliJ was. This was one one of the first IDEs I worked with when I first started learning to code. It was recommended to me by a friend, and once I started using it, I stopped using Eclipse and NetBeans. I felt like IntelliJ was easiest for me to figure out and provides clearly errors in code. The software also gives a daily tutorial which is optional.

Cons

There isn't really anything to dislike. I guess the only thing I would say is that the "tutorial" popup that comes up as soon as the application opens is a little bit annoying, but really not a big deal at all.

the final choice of java web app IDE

Super good. Once switched from Eclipse, never turn back.

Pros

Very robust and comprehensive shortcuts, ease of use, more stable debugging compared to other IDE like eclipse.

Cons

inconsistent behavior from time to time and it's fixed after restart

Best IDE for Java

Coding has never been funnier, it helps you get more productive and forget about the organisation of your code because it does that for you.

Pros

The auto-complete feature is very accurate and saves a lot of time. The key shortcuts save time and help declutter the code.

Cons

Its forum and customer support isn't that good. When you have a question you're not guaranteed to get an answer for it, and if you got one, it would be an incomplete answer.