IntelliJ IDEA

Integrated development environment for Java developers

IntelliJ IDEA Reviews - Page 7

A well tought out idea that really helps you while developing

I have been using IntelliJ IDEA for about 2 years to develop Java code. I can say that this is the best IDEA for Java development. Even for other languages this is still a great IDEA. For a long time this IDEA was better and faster than Visual Studio, but recently that difference is fading due to Visual Studio that is speeding up fast.

Pros

ease of use fast Like the name, it is very intelligent, and that helps you to write good code quick.

Cons

Windows integration can be better. Integration with Team Foundation Server(TFS) is not good. IntelliJ says it should be good, but my experience tells otherwise. We were forced to buy IntelliJ Ultimate just because we needed integration with TFS version control.

IntelliJ Idea ide

Overall the experience with IntelliJ is really great.

Pros

I like the software autotool tips, gui, short commands, easy code snippets. It’s very easy to use and was even followed by android studio

Cons

I didn’t liked its compile timing. It takes a way too long to compile a project and also it crashes if the heap size is low

Review of IntelliJ

Overall I find it efficient to use IntelliJ although there is a learning curve involved.

Pros

Navigation: One of the most important things while writing software is navigating between functions, classes. variables and files. IntelliJ does a great job in providing shortcuts for all these kind of navigations. Double pressing shift brings up a box which can used to search any coding object. Code Correction: This is one of my favorite features of IntelliJ. IntelliJ suggests optimised code for loops, if conditions and so on.,

Cons

This software is heavy and requires a lot of CPU. Buying a full version is expensive too.

Great IDE to work with

I love this IDE and I think it is the best for Java and Scala. It is very configurable and the navigation is very user-friendly. It has debugging mode and it includes a terminal that allows you to test stuff locally.

Pros

It is pretty straight-forward and if you have worked with other IDEs from the same company, it will not take you more than 2min to get used to this one. It allows plugins that are very helpful (especially the one with Scala) and it lets you navigate from class to class very easily.

Cons

As for every IDE, sometimes there is too much stuff in the screen and that difficults the actual developing of code.

Awesome Software

My overall experience with IntelliJ IDEA is great and I love this software because there are not other software like this and makes my life so much easier to do projects.

Pros

What I most love about this software is that this is able to support my coding industry and being able to guide myself into the right path into getting myself a job withen the career of coding which I love. This software is able to correct my errors and mistakes whenever I come across an issue. This software is able to understand what I am writing whenever I code which makes things much easier since there are color coding and options to fill in my code whenever I forget to insert a sort of code withen my source of code. This software also has a console where it can run my scripts and code which can test my code without having to export it all and test it into its original software but able to run it for me and being able to edit the error on the spot which makes it much easier to use.

Cons

The least that I like about this software is the price because we are required to pay monthly and its a bit pricey for the overall software. This software should offer a one time payment if there is one so we do not have to lose our money monthly but overall its great.

IntelliJ Idea as an IDE for Java development

As a team we use IntelliJ to write our software in Java. It is definitely the best IDE I have used. I used for the community edition and the enterprise version. One suggestion from my side is to go for the community edition first, get your hands dirty and then simply move to the enterprise version. It takes a little bit of getting used to and the community edition is perfect for that.

Pros

Honestly, the best software with support for almost all Java frameworks Works out of the box for Spring, Maven, Gradle Has multiple plugins with support for Docker, Jenkinsfile, yml files, Json files etc.

Cons

Can have a slightly high learning curve. Resource usage is quite high with the IDE.

Nothing can be better than Jetbrains IDE

It helps me resolve git conflicts easily. I can rename a class, function and it automatically refactors it wherever it is being used. Whenever am working with a library, I can easily check out the code since it supports code declaration. The global search functionality also helps me search easily and i can also exclude directories while searching. I use pycharm often and it helps alot with unit test. It is just the best and it is not overrated.

Pros

It has all the functionalities an IDE should have. It also has short video tutorials on how to take advantage of all the functionalities.

Cons

Computers with fewer RAMS can't use it effectively as it makes use of a lot of RAM and slows down systems performance.

IntelliJ IDEA - best Java IDE

If Eclipse is a motorboat, then IDEA is a cruiser.

Pros

I have used several java IDEs but IDEA is nothing like that. This fits my needs and got implemented many features which haven't I dreamt about before. Moreover, from Jetbrains, there is similar IDE for every mainstream programming language with the same appearance, so there is no getting used to new IDE when skipping to another language.

Cons

It is quite complex, big piece of software and it takes quite a lot of time to get used to it and to know all of its functionality and features.

IntelliJ for developers

Pros

Makes writing code faster and efficient. Faster in opening the tool. Ease of moving around the code while debugging or analysing. Autoscroll from Source is a very handy option even though its a minor thing.

Cons

I can execute DB scripts in IntelliJ instead of using one more tool like DB Visualiser/Squirrel, but I couldn't figure out a way to save these scripts and move them again to other project. Once I switch workspace my old script file is gone and I have to again write new scripts if I need to execute them. Other problem I face is creating jbpm workflows, I feel eclipse is easier in this.

Excellent cross-platform IDE

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the fact that I maintain same development experience while moving across different environment (Linux, Mac, etc.)

Pros

I like the variety of languages supported by this IDE, the comfort of navigation and debugging, and the configurability of the appearance (themes, fonts, etc.). it took me some time to get used to this software, but it was really worth the effort. Fast, reliable, and highly configurable.

Cons

An advanced debugging (attaching to different hosts, memory views) is not that easy with this software. It will take time to configure and learn.

Review for IntelliJ IDEA

Pros

IntelliJ is really an awesome intelligent IDE which is used by me to develop JAVA,PYTHON application. It's vey much user friendly in suggestions and handy in developing software. It is integrated with other language development tools like SQL client, maven/gradle/ant scripting support. The main feature i love in it is it's Debugger tool which save a lot of time for developers in finding bugs and dig deeper in to it.

Cons

It is too much Resource consuming when running multiple processes when compared with ECLIPSE. and also it Pricing is much expensive in my perspective.

Great support with developing in Java!

I enjoy coding in IntelliJ IDEA, and once I am finished with Java, I will definitely see its power in Python, which is the language I am more familiar with. I am open to use it moving forward for its amazing features. I just need to get used to opening this first before anything else, so I work on other tasks as this opens up.

Pros

IntelliJ IDEA is an integrated development environment that allows you to program in different languages. I have been using it to program in Java in one of my current programming classes and it is great. It helps in pointing out where errors in code have happened. I like how it predicts though smart completion what input you are trying to use and gives you suggestions for both built-in functions in...

Cons

It takes a couple of minutes to initialize on my Windows computer, I wish it was faster.

IntelliJ IDEA Review

Excellent. It is my goto IDE. I would recommend everyone to switch from other IDEs to IntelliJ. Once you start using it, there is no going back.

Pros

It has a lot of helpful features for developers. Support for all types of programming languages and environments. Plugin support for most of the popular plugins for ease of development. Version control GUI is intuitive, debugging code is very easy.

Cons

It can be a bit costly if you buy it for yourself. Usually the company/school registers for a premium account on behalf of the user.

The most powerful IDE

It's a no-brainer. It's a paid product, but you will save a lot of time using IntelliJ IDEA which results in a high ROI.

Pros

It's the most intelligent IDE I've ever used. It integrates with a lot of programming languages, and IntelliJ provides extremely powerful tools for those. With just a few shortcuts, you can refactor variables or classes in huge projects with a single shortcut, errors are automatically shown before committing with git, and you have integrated tools like a complete SQL Database explorer, which is more powerful than some applications who just provide feature. It's so powerful, you have small helpers like full language support in code snippets in markdown files, and those features are everywhere in the software.

Cons

When you initially start with IntelliJ, it can take some time to get used to it. It provides a lot of features, but it takes a lot of time to actually discover them.

An IntelliJent IDE tool for JAVA development

The overall experience has been very good with IntelliJ. The IDE offers great plugins and features for all the requirements. Be it DB requirements, Development requirements or Source code requirements it serves the purpose for all.

Pros

It is a very smart and intelligent IDE tool if you are working on Java development. It can support gradle, maven and git too. It has a pretty clean UI with easy integration and imports of project. Git connectivity is pretty good. You can easily track your changes, check your differences in local and remote, commit directly from IDE and get a pull as well.

Cons

Apart from being a bit expensive there are no such cons for now. All the available features and plugins work pretty smooth. Connectivity with git also is very good.

A great IDE all around. State of the art when it comes to Java development.

IntelliJ IDEA is a great IDE and the only con I could find is that it really uses a lot of system resources, it might be hard to run multiple instances on a suboptimal computer. However all of that is easily compensated by the multitude of features it provides.There are options such as automatic generation of properties. Method extraction. All very useful stuff, that does the things you would expect from it with just a few clicks. Definitely saves a lot of time. Not to mention

Pros

Multitude of features like autoformatting, code generation, assisted refactoring.

Cons

The fact that the IDE takes a lot of resource is a big con. That said it is still very much worth it for the features it provides.

Fully featured IDE for Java

Overall, the features of this IDE cannot be beat with any other Java IDE, say goodbye to Atom, Eclipse, Netbeans, and WSAD.

Pros

If you do any kind of Java development, it would make your life so much better if you used IntelliJ IDEA to code on. The keyboard shortcuts navigation is quite possibly the best feature of IntelliJ IDEA! It allows you to easily navigate between files without having to take your hands off of the keyboard.

Cons

If it would be anything, it's the fact that this software is not free; although I would have to say that the features by itself offsets the costs in licensing this software.

Best IDE

Pros

Easy of use, suggestions, autocomplete, plugins

Cons

Consuming a lot of Memory when running or compiling

If you are java developer must use it. It is the best

I am a member of a large software development team. We use Intellij Idea in all the applications we develop (web pages, web services, etc.).

Pros

Idea has a very convenient and user-friendly interface. In addition, the package management (maven, gradle) integration works very successfully. It is also great that it has a very large community. Apart from all these, it also has integration with many other software development tools and it is very successful.

Cons

I did not have any general problems. But it consumes a lot of ram from time to time. This can delay compiling your code.

Lighting fast and abundance of plugins

Able to write high quality code in less time.

Pros

I started off with JDeveloper (which crashes and lags big time) before I was introduced to IntelliJ by a coworker. OMG, I cannot believe the ease of user. The lighting speed navigation between one file to another, from a single to multiple projects despite having tons of plugin installed. My favorite plugin is GIT in IntelliJ, which I cannot imagine living without now.

Cons

New updates are constantly coming in and it takes time for it to be downloaded & installed. I would have to force myself to take a break from work whenever that happens.

IntelliJ Review

I like working on IntelliJ, it has all the features that one development tool can have.

Pros

VCS is the best feature of IntelliJ. Committing, pushing, merging, stashing, unstashing can be done without using the git commands. Also, resolving merge conflicts is very easy. So don’t need to use another software for version control.

Cons

I am using it on windows as well as on Mac. I avoid using the mouse and maximize the use of keyboard shortcuts. I found that the shortcuts for Mac and windows are very different even for basic functionalities such as removing unused imports etc.

Well thought out and reliable IDE

Pros

intelliJ is reliable and fast. The integrations between all the tools I need to make my environment work are smooth and I never spend time debugging the environment. The integrations to the tools I need are good and the interface makes it a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The integration to GitHub is sometimes a little frustrating to use. There is no support for MFA auth from intelliJ

Must Use for Java and Scala

Being developing various software project using Intellij, from college years to full-time job. Very well made and is the go-to IDE for the industry.

Pros

Great IDE support for programming languages such as Java and Scala. Come with great amount of extension and support for development software using these languages. Extension specifically with Databricks making developing Spark related project very easy.

Cons

Hard to learn as a beginner as there are too much filled in the software, making it feel bloated. No good support of changing background color. You either use white or dark.

Intelligence, Aesthetics and Accuracy packed in for speedy development

The very best Java IDE I have ever used. IntelliJ never disappoints you as you code because of its debugger style approach for devs. I like how naturally and easily one gets familiar with it in no time

Pros

The best thing about IntelliJ is that it is always guarding you while you work and IntelliSense hardly goes wrong with suggestions. The terminal is basic as it should be and integrating anything into it doesn't require any configuration which saves a lot of time.

Cons

Bad things are less talk in the case of IntelliJ but I would have to say that sometimes Intellij takes almost forever to startup. The sluggish start was the only thing that posed me against it. The other thing is the cost, it costs you an arm a leg for you to buy it which is why I personally put it on the second place

The new age IDE but not the best

Overall experience of IntelliJ IDEA is that it is a software that has been designed for the New Age but it lacks discipline into what JAVA brings in as a language.

Pros

Pros of IntelliJ IDEA would include 1. Framework Integration is quite flexible and top notch. 2. Autosuggest is very intelligent and helps you speed up your development 3. Navigation is very smooth and fast.

Cons

Cons of IntelliJ IDEA would include 1. It is very difficult to navigate through dependency hierarchy when you have tons of dependencies in your project 2. If you want to extract out code to duplicate functions.