InVision App Logo

InVision App

Web & mobile app prototype design-to-development platform

InVision App Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.61/10

See full reviews by rating

What I like most about InVision is how easy it is to share and collaborate with important people within the organization.
The InVision app is an awesome mockup tool for designers to create mockups as you want. Easy to share and comment the designs with your coworkers.
Its super fast and allows you to create prototype form your design in minutes. The comment functionality is amazing to give rapid feedbacks.
Importing artboards from sketch could sometimes be pain in the ass, it just wont sync with sketch.
You can't even import SVGS easily without jumping through hoops. I don't want to see a pixelated shrunk down version of my damn shit.
You have to really replace the whole screen which has poor effect while doing demos. No way to add comments for other team members to see.

InVision App users...

+ 1

Marvel

Sketch-logocaret

Sketch

How would you rate InVision App?

Luke A.

Client Services

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

A lifesaver before Figma

Transcript

Luke A.: I'm Luke, I'm Head of Client Services. I give InVision App three stars. For more reviews, click...

Perfect for product design and collaboration

Transcript

Mike H.: Hey, my name is Mike. I'm a VP of customer success, and I give InVision a five out of five....

The prototyping tool you need to use!

We're able to quickly prototype full sites or small CRO changes and with the added ability to update on the fly,​ we can push changes live to anyone viewing live. It's allowed us to show off our thoughts and ideas to clients and stakeholders with great effect, wowing them every time​!

Pros

I mainly use Invision as a delivery method for presenting web and mobile site designs. We have a few internal sites we manage and I use Invision to show any CRO changes that are to be made. This makes it easy for design, dev and directors to see how things work and what it will look like before any time is spent on development. A bonus for our dev team is the inspect function, having uploaded form Sketch they can inspect fonts, colours, sizes and basic CSS attributes to exactly copy the design. Assets can also be downloaded​ which saves time if they change over time.

Cons

Some basic functionality such as fixed background images would be useful to convey how some designs should work. I know it's not meant to be a working site, it's just the little touches sometimes that could help others see your vision.

Extremely easy and flexible tool for interactive prototyping and seamless design presentations

InVision app is extremely useful when you have to gather feedback from multiple stakeholders or those business stakeholders who might not be technically savvy. Clients can easily add their comments any where on the design screen using drag and drop comment feature.

Pros

My team has been extensively using InVision app to create interactive mockups and share it with clients/business stakeholders to gather their feedback. InVision is extremely easy to use without deep design knowledge. It's dashboard shows the exact order of design screens which end user will see, so you can easily make changes in the order of screens by simply using a drag and drop feature. Additionally, InVision has a feature where clients/business stakeholders can directly add their comments / feedback on any design screen. This helps the product team to understand which particular design element needs to be changed. Whenever we have design presentation where team needs to pitch a product idea to stakeholders or share user journey for a feature, InVision has been our go-to app.

Cons

One major challenge is that InVision doesn't allow you to create designs. It means that the design team has to use Sketch or Figma or any other software to create a prototype and then, upload it on InVision to make it interactive. This adds an additional step in the workflow for the designers.

Practical but also frustrating as PO/Dev

This tool as the potential to be very good. What I need are easily shared snapshots of a design at a given point which can not be overridden. e.g. This was X design at 14:35 on Thursday. Then we know that we are working with the right design and can inspect it and use it. It needs to be faster.

Pros

Inspect tool is great for giving to developers and asking them to pick colours, spacings etc from a design. There are also prototype functionalities which are very useful.

Cons

I find this software so clunky and slow. It takes an age to load, it's so heavy. We actually moan about this in sprint planning when there's an invision link in a ticket. There are also more pressing issues, such as the difficulty in versioning. Developers don't like it when you add a screenshot because it doesn't reflect the design, but when we reference invision, the design has changed and no longer meets the original scope of the ticket. It's great for designers if they want to be able to update a design at one click of a button in Sketch, but it can cause real arguments and confusion between developers. Navigation is also slow and confusing, but that might be the way our designers have set it up.

Game changer, Excellent Prototype tool.

Pros

The InVision App has thus far the most innovative approaches to designing and prototyping. It's functionality stands out for me, I love how I have control over my projects. InVision really allowed my vision to be recognized.

Cons

The start-up time is a bit slow, but besides that, I've never had any other problems with the InVision app.

Prototyping tool for everyone

Loved invision from day one when there were not many options for prototyping in the market. Invision's main winning point at the time was the all in one bundle which had prototyping, collaborative work (Freehand by invision) and spec sharing using Inspect. However, invision didn't have major improvements or additions in the recent past. Overall a great tool for anyone whether you are a beginner or a pro.

Pros

Started using invision on the free and personal plan and then introduced it to my company as the main prototyping tool for the design team. Invision is very easy to use and has a minimal learning curve. You can simply start doing user testing with the prototypes in minutes. Invision integrates with Sketch (visual design app) using the craft plugin which makes the workflow very efficient for importing designs. Invision's inspect mode allows developers to dissect a screen easily to get the specs (the colours, fonts, dimensions, margins, padding & etc) which could be used straight away to code the frontend.

Cons

The management of artboards become a little troublesome when you are dealing with hundreds of them. The paid plan limits you to 5 users and then you have to go for an enterprise plan which will have custom pricing based on your requirement. It would have been better if it was possible to add users to the base plan at a per-user cost than completely going enterprise.

InVision has quickly became an industry standard

Pros

Key point of preference for us to use InVision has always been its simplicity. You just export the files, import to InVision, click-click-click and your prototype is set up. Especially when they came out with the integration with Sketch and eliminated the "click-click-click" part. Beautiful. Sharing and commenting is also very handy, everything happens within one place, and the projects keeps moving forward.

Cons

Organizing screens within one prototype can sometimes be really cumbersome, the files are never in the order you expect them to be in, it's hard to find the ones that you need at the time you need them, and controls over the screens are sometimes too hidden.

All in all I don't know what else can I say everything is good!

Pros

it's convenient and we use it a lot and people and acquaintances don't listen to us recommending you anymore they thank you later. Easy, safe and fast!

Cons

All in all I don't know what else can I say everything is good! I love Invision. I did not encounter any errors in all areas.

iNvision is great for sharing design files with developers and others from your team

It is a very good tool for designers, I recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use and fast to integrate with Sketch or other design software. Inivison is a great way to share design files to get comments, approvals and test design prototypes.

Cons

Cost may be one downside for smaller companies that can't afford a plan.

For Designers

its good and i generally use this software for exporting assets of sketch files

Pros

It open the fie which is not opened in adobe xd it can open the sketch files

Cons

this software take lot more load time this software take too much load.

Great for sharing prototype design

Pros

I was the user of this software. The developer shared the prototype design using InVision Appand it was really user-friendly to navigate around. It is useful for exchanging feedback and comments. You can basically leave comments on the App screen to ensure that you and the developer are on the same page.

Cons

So far I do not have anything that I don't like about. May be its because the features I used were quite limited to actually share the cons of the software.

Easy to learn

I was amazed be the learning curve and how I managed to do things I needed to achieve quickly. Starting with prototypes I quickly realized that the other tools provided by inVision were very useful. Live Freehand for example which is a tool for quickly and collaboratively sketching out ideas and interfaces. The only thing which bothers me is the need to work in the browser and syncing of designs.

Pros

The speed at which I was able to achieve anything in inVision was unbilievable. The UX/UI of the tools is boiled down to the stuff one really needs and nothing else. The feature set is fine and the more one uses one thing, the more sense make other tools line Freehand and Sync.

Cons

It only runs in the browser and you have to upload your design. There is a sync plugin that helps with that, but the general building of prototypes need to be done in inVision. Special characters and diacritics in the filenames get ignored and mess with the automatic sorting of your screens.

Essential product team collaboration tool

I've used this for many years and the product features have remained the same since 4 years ago – seems like they've been focusing all their energy into developing Invision Studio (their own competitor/alternative to Sketch app).

Pros

It's great for creating clickable prototypes that can be tested in a web browser or mobile. The commenting feature is good for having discussions and making notes on specific mockups/screens for streamlined and organized collaboration.

Cons

There's no good way to organize user flows or screens in a project if the project contains over 30 screens. The search/filter and workflow feature is not helpful when I just want to group specific screens together because they pertain to a specific user flow.

Excellent web tool, but it's lacking some key features

I am very pleased with Invision and I am happy my design team introduced me to its features and functionality. I have used it in many presentations to show clickable, working prototypes of my designs and will continue to do so despite its notable limitations.

Pros

I like the clean, quick interface of Invision. I love how you can import files directly from Sketch or Photoshop. The freehand is really useful when I just want to draw up a quick idea or even take hand written notes. If you have a touchscreen computer, you can really benefit from this feature. I also appreciate that updates are made in real time and you can see the changes you've made to hotspots applied on the screen the moment you switch from building mode to preview mode.

Cons

One big thing is that you can not add a clickable hover state in Prototype mode! This is a feature people have been requesting for over a year. From what I see in forums, the support team keeps saying they will "send it to the devs to see if it's a feature that can be added" but have never followed through. This is an essential feature that is being overlooked. For example, if you want a dropdown menu...

A must have tool for rapid prototyping

It's really an awesome tool and a life safer. We use it in every project of ours. And share it with stakeholders to take feedback and developers when handing off.

Pros

It let's you create interactive prototypes. You can define clicks, hover state, overlays, popups, floating buttons, fixed header and footer, and animations. You can try it for free. With free version you can create one prototype and share with developers or client. Invision has Craft plugin for Sketch and Photoshop. So you don't have to manually upload your designs to invision project. All you need...

Cons

Adding popups is a work around, you have to add black dot and the bottom right pixel of your popup image. They could've program it, so you didn't have to add a pixel to define color of your background overlay. If you're working on a web project and your website has a sliding navigation. Then your prototype won't be sliding on scroll. However you can add scroll to point on screen. And add custom point to the next slide where you want to scroll vertically.

InVision is an agile tool that improves your life as a designer.

Pros

InVision is a tool that is great to present designs to your clients and communicate with them effectively. Before existing InVision, making a design proposal was a lot of effort: capture a jpg, send it, the client will pass it to PDF, make notes on that document to send it back with feedback All this process, which may sound like prehistory, is relatively recent. However, since InVision exists, you...

Cons

The price, because if you are a freelance is a bit expensive and the free version only allows you to upload one project. A feature called Freehand in which you can theoretically comment on a design with the client live via videoconference, but it has never worked well for me. I would like the boards could be integrated with other applications like Pinterest or Instagram so that the process of uploading and storing images is easier. Workflows, I do not use them because we have trello.

As a designer, InVision changed my work flow in such a positive way! Can't live without it!

It has changed my workflow tremendously and has made communicating with my clients a million times easier and more clear. I love InVision! And, no, I'm not being paid to say that - it's just such an excellent product - oh and great customer service too!

Pros

Seamless and clear communication between me and my clients. Has transformed the way I hand over designs for feedback from clients. Clients seem to love it as well! So easy for myself and clients to give input on specific aspects of a design. The prototypes work perfectly for web design clients and has made the process much smoother. The boards are beautiful and clear for logo and branding clients and projects. Easy for clients to comment and across the board features beautiful, elegant presentation for my clients.

Cons

I wish the price point was a little lower. There is a little bit of awkwardness in adding clients / users to a project once you've already sent to others. It's not intuitive in this area. Hard to tell if the messages went through to clients at times - needs clearer flow here.

Hi Kyra, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed you¿re an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects...

Game changer

It facilitates and reduces the efforts that I have to make to upload my work to the web app for presentations. Making interactive prototypes that are web-based has also made collaboration and user testing easier.

Pros

I love the efforts that InVision has made to make their product sync with other programs such as Sketch and Photoshop. The craft plugin has made a lot of my work very easy since I don't have to upload my screens to InVision. The ability to sync, but to also apply and sync hotspots directly from InVision has speed up my work and it's just one less thing to worry about.

Cons

Currently the software has some limitations within the web app. I think there has been tremendous efforts to make the product work seamlessly with other apps such as Sketch, but when modifying certain aspects such as animation or hotspots on the web app, there are a lot of limitations as far as what the user can do. These limitations, specifically with the animations, can make designs static for the most part and not very "animated".

Hi Maria, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed you¿re an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects...

I use InVision to get feedback on mockups and facilitate collaboration with developers

Pros

- Easy commenting ability that works even for the less tech-savvy folks at my job - Clear and clean email notifications mean a better response rate when I ask for feedback through the application - Ability to set states (in progress, needs approval, etc.) for mockups and to notify folks when a mockup changes state - Distinction between notes and comments, and ability to resolve comments so that they're hidden but not lost - Ability to easily create interactive prototypes for presentation and testing - iPhone app makes it possible for me to view and interact with prototypes on my phone - so nice! - Integration with Photoshop makes it easy to give devs pixel-perfect info about design elements (see note in Cons) - Ability to organize and categorize mockups within a project

Cons

- Prototyping tool lacks some features (ex. ability to specify a compressed version of a sticky header, rather than using the full version on scroll). Note they seem to be actively working on the prototyping features, though. - When mockups change drastically, sometimes comments and interactive hotspots can be lost - The developer tool provides info based on the shape/size of Photoshop elements,...

a comprehensive package which helps to devise

InVision has definitely caused a stir in the market. The software is gaining popularity every day and is a popular tool among UI/UX users. Taking into consideration the pros, cons, and user reviews, it may be rated 8.9/10.

Pros

InVision is a comprehensive package which helps to devise, design and test prototypes for mobile app, desktop site, and architectural plans. It is a simplified tool which has numerous additional features like business models and photo editing. The software is popular amongst Web Designers and has a customer base of over 2 million users. InVision has made prototype designing interactive. The users...

Cons

1. Header and Footers: It has fixed headers and footers which limits functionality sometimes. 2. Customer Support: Customer Support for InVision is slow and unresponsive for complex problems. 3. Pricing: Pricing model is quite overwhelming when it comes to having a big network. 4. A web project should be created as 2 different prototypes if it is to be used on desktop and mobile.

Doesn't keep the pace with other tools

Pros

One of the things I've always loved of Invision is its ease of sharing all my projects with my colleagues or clients. The app is cool any easy to use. The sketch/PS tools plugin are useful and the inspect tool helped me a lot of times, as a developer.

Cons

InVision still lacks of features that we have in Sketch and, better of both, Figma. The smoothness, ease of share, independence from any OS are crucial and that's why we chose Figma. It still has some bugs that come up with BIG projects such as linking to a specific element of a mockup and so on. I am really upset as a developer because it limits my communication with our designers.

InVision has helped me eliminate lots of back and forth emails with clients

InVision has helped me and my clients communicate better and save time. It's one of the few services I use that clients have gone out of their way to tell me how easy and quick it was for them to use. The old way of reviewing images for edits (noting the filename, describing each picture and the edits they need, and sending over a long back and forth email chain) was a waste of time and sometimes confusing. InVision has been a huge time-saver for everyone.

Pros

InVision has helped me and my photo clients easily review and make notes on photoshoot images without having to dig through emails or keep track of filenames. I work with interior designers and architects and there are usually several parts on one photo that might need to be edited (remove outlet, replace cracked brick, replace light bulb, smooth wrinkles on sofa, etc.). InVision is great because a client can put a marker on specific locations on a photo and write a note about it. That way, I can see exactly where their note is referring to and there's no confusion or wasted time for them (or me).

Cons

As of early 2019, there is no way to sort images on a Board by any kind of criteria (New –> Old, By Filename, Modified Most Recently –> Least Recently). This makes it particularly hard when I have arranged images in a certain flow and when I want to swap the order of only two images the entire Board can get rearranged. There have been times where I will drag one image to the left or right and 10...

Simple, fast to produce prototyping tool with great integrations into desktop design apps

Simple, fast, primitive prototyping tool for web/mobile design.

Pros

I love the Sketch integration. I regularly plot out an interactive flow in a Sketch file, make use of the Craft by Invision plugin and map out all of the interactive elements and which screen they should go to from within my Sketch file, then use the upload button to create a new prototype. I also use the Live Embed feature to place images in Confluence pages. What this means is that my designs are...

Cons

The biggest thing that is missing with Invision, for me, is that the (web) prototypes are very primitive. They are basically clickable slideshows, with some minor interaction options like layering with animations for menus etc. It unfortunately breaks down the moment I need to prototype anything with independently scrolling divs or sticky elements (not including headers/footers). I would love to see a feature where symbols in Sketch could be used to define :hover styles and generate the additional screens needed for that, to make prototypes feel much more responsive. At the moment, for anything slightly more interactive than a standard flow, I have to resort to coding a prototype in Jsbin or similar (and hosting it)

Amazing for design prototyping

I am a designer by trade and I use this app for prototyping my designs to show to clients. My experience with Invision app has been great in both using it and my clients navigating through my proofs.

Pros

The best part about theInvision app is how seamless it is to your own work space. It is simply excellent for showing clients my design prototypes. The idea that I can edit the proofs in real time or conduct a working meeting through this app with my clients is a very powerful feature. I use this app for every one of my projects.

Cons

The price is just a touch too expensive. I work it into my bottom line at this point but it could be cheaper.

InVision Product Review

Overall, my experience with InVision was great. I was actually fairly impressed with their features and capabilities. It was easy to get the hang of, had a lot of the same hot-keys as Adobe Photoshop and worked well within a team setting.

Pros

What I liked most about InVision was actually surprising...Their built-in animations for prototypes were amazing and the ability to create multiple "boards" or project pages within one screen was impressive. Also, very cool how I was able to sync projects online for my team to then view.

Cons

To be honest, InVision did lag at times...I actually found the software to freeze up on me, erroring out the program. Also, once a project gets pretty hefty with multiple boards/animations, it can be hard to navigate...It's important to stay as organized as possible when building projects within InVision.

Great software for website prototyping!

This tool has helped me to present and explain the website design and behavior successfully and accurately to clients - at the same time, that improves the communication between all the parties involve in the development and approval.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the platform and the intuitive process of prototyping is on the platform. The mobile version tools are great since they make the website feel almost as a final product with the animations and interactions. The integration with Craft make it so easy to have all the pages updated and properly organized in minutes.

Cons

There is still room for improvements on the platform, like add features that allow having fixed/sticky elements on the prototype besides the header and footer.