Socio Mobile Event App Reviews

Socio Mobile Event App

Easily build your custom branded mobile event app

5.0/5 (19 reviews)

Pros
  • I have had a great experience with the software and those who assist with it. Very easy to operate and user friendly.Troy S.Read the full review
  • Loved the Socio platform and the ease of use, instant updates, and amazing customer support when I ran into challenges.Nicole P.Read the full review
  • My overall experiece with the app was really great. The team at Socio were very responsive and helpful.SueAnne J.Read the full review
Cons
  • Socio did warn us but the Apple process was a bit long. But that is not something that they could control.SueAnne J.Read the full review
  • No longer do they have to carry around a bag of information for the event, but are able to locate all of it through the app.KariAnn D.Read the full review
  • At the time there was limited analytics but now that's been addressed.Terrence C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Lauren Nizinski

Socio Event App

Reviewed 2019-01-02

The Socio Mobile Event App has been nothing but successful with attendees at conferences. We use this app instead of printed event documentation and find it extremely rewarding. Not only is it user friendly and easy to setup, the staff is beyond helpful and goes out of their way to answer all questions and address any issues immediately.

Pros
From the creation side, this software is easy to work with and make changes to your event app. From the user side it is very user friendly. It allows for great networking opportunities as well.

Cons
I do not have any negative things to say about this software. My experience with it has been nothing but incredible.

Anonymous

Awesome app for an audience with high expectations

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Our experience with Socio was amazing. It streamlined the event process and experience for us as well as for our attendees. Our audience is comprised of busy executives and tech professionals who are not always easy to please, but the integrations, ease-of-use, and engagement features were a perfect storm that could not have been a better fit.

Pros
Our entire event process was simplified by using Socio. They were able to integrate with our registration system and it worked flawlessly, transferring our attendees from registration to the app while keeping them segmented as we needed. The feature set within the app covered all of our needs. We especially liked the digital guide in combination with the preset agendas - they allowed us to set each attendee's itinerary before they even downloaded the app, while still allowing them to view the entire agenda if they chose to do so. The gamification feature was also a huge hit that pleased our top sponsors and our attendees. What more can you ask for? The ratings, reviews, and surveys in the app provided us with the most comprehensive feedback we have ever received from our event, and on top of that, the feedback was the best yet!

Cons
The process of setting up the Apple Developer account is a bit cumbersome but is seemingly unavoidable in order to have a white label app. Socio has helpful documentation and support for this process but it was still tedious.

Alice Scott

love love love

Reviewed 2019-03-11

This is a great app. we've just committed to the exclusive app to be fully branded after trying it for a one off event.

Pros
the simplicity. Our business loves the familiarity to other social platforms and therefore the engagement levels were high.

Cons
there were some simple things missing like a link between the app and google calendar to automate scheduled events in your own diary. The great support team have assured me that this is on their road map and they're happy to make bespoke upgrades for enough commitment

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Joel Goudeau

Great UX. Intuitive backend. Responsive customer service.

Reviewed 2020-03-16

Overall, this app gets 10 out of 10 for me. If you're looking for a quick way to get your organization up and running with a beautiful and intuitive app, Socio is for you.

Pros
This app looks great! The users of our events loved it. I don't see us ever going back to the way things were ever again. Also very notable is the customer service. The chat feature is amazing! I get answers to my questions within minutes. Everyone is very knowledgeable and very professional.

Cons
It's not really a con for me, but some may find 3 layouts limiting. I prefer to keep things simple and don't mind having the app look the same for every event. I believe this creates familiarity and I always ensure that the icons are customized to the theme of our event for a little flair of customization.

Anonymous

Great solution for our event's needs

Reviewed 2019-11-05

If you’re going to invest in an event app, Socio should be that investment! Be sure to take advantage of the onboarding meeting that they set up when you first come on as a customer. It was a huge help that set us up for success using the product.

Pros
I loved the customizable aspect of the app. There were so many different things I could do to personalize our app so it would look “on brand” for our event! Socio did a great job creating a workspace that was easy to understand and navigate. Our attendees had a blast using the “Shake to Connect” feature when at the event! The app made it very easy for our attendees connect with each other. Our attendees have expressed how easy it was to download their list of connections after the event was over so they could continue chatting with those they met at the event. The app made it easy for us to notify attendees when something in the schedule changed by sending out a push notification! The customer support we got from the Socio team was also amazing. They were very helpful and had great suggestions regarding how to get the most out of the app!

Cons
The app worked really well so I have nothing to complain about. A lot more people downloaded it than anticipated!

Terrence Carpenter

Digital strategist perspective

Reviewed 2019-03-05

My experience with Socio was fantastic and I recommend exploring alternative use cases where Social Mobile Event app can be applied outside of the traditional event use case.

Pros
Ease of use which expedited our launch and time to market.

Cons
At the time there was limited analytics but now that's been addressed.

Sylvie Mardini

Socio, a User-friendly Event App

Reviewed 2019-03-05

As one of the event organizers of the ICAO Global Aviation Training and TRAINAIR PLUS Symposium in Doha, Qatar, the entire process of developing an app for our event went seamlessly, thanks to the team at Socio. They were extremely professional, courteous and always available to support or answer any questions. The app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates to participate in live polls and Q&As during presentations, connect with other people, and be informed about event logistics. Overall, the feedback from speakers and participants was extremely positive and the functionality and user-friendliness of the Socio app contributed to the success of our event. I would definitely recommend the Socio app for future ICAO events!

Pros
The Socio event app is very user-friendly. The customized features and functionality made it very easy to navigate for a first-time user like myself. The app was well-received by participants, specifically the audience engagement during the live polling and Q&A. They provided exceptional customer service and support! We will definitely work with them again for our next Global Symposium.

Cons
The use of a separate platform to operate the live polling and Q&A seemed confusing at the beginning, but became clear once I got the hang of it.

bertug saglam

Great app for internal events

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-28

Socio's flexibility and customization make the product work with a lot of different types of events. I was not sold initially on the fit for internal events like ours, but I was completely wrong! Socio has made the sync between our different internal events better than ever before. It has saved us time, money, and resources that even I didn't expect when I decided to use the product.

Pros
Socio was a great fit for our organization's internal events around the world. Our administrators were able to collaborate and share their work to maximize efficiency and compile feedback from our employees. Their admin platform is intuitive and easy to use, and the support was excellent in the times it was needed!

Cons
Nothing! Our experience was extremely stable and any minor confusion was taken care of almost immediately.

Nicole Paul

Great way to engage your event attendees!

Reviewed 2019-03-06

The engagement rate of attendees at our event more than doubled when we switched to the Socio platform. They have limitless options within the platform which allowed us to put in every single detail an attendee needed. Looking forward to using their new features with our event this year!

Pros

Cons
There were honestly no cons, I ran into 2 slight glitches that they very quickly resolved on the back end for us.

Sarah Baumann

Socio Is the Way To Go!

Reviewed 2019-03-04

I had an awesome experience with the app - the team at Socio gave great customer service, the WYSIWYG app builder software was super easy to use and the app itself was a HUGE hit at our conference!

Pros
The software is extremely easy to use! I don't have the time to learn a new software so having a quick WYSIWYG system was refreshing!

Cons
I honestly can't think of anything. Maybe just an app of the builder (vs having to use a computer to build/edit)?

Ambrose Austin

Best customer service ever

Reviewed 2019-03-04

I'm saving money on printing by providing digital handouts and agendas and hopefully providing a more professional and engaging experience for my event attendees.

Pros
Seriously. It's the customer service. They're so nice, professional and responsive. They've helped me in all sorts of ways as a newbie setting it up and through my first event when something wasn't working how I thought it would.

Cons
Wish they had a check-in app too. Having that paired with the event app would make sense from an attendee management perspective and I just haven't found great solutions for that yet.

Stewart Press

Fantastic overall Support, Value and Functionality

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-14

This App make the function of our event a fantastic onsite experience for our clients

Pros
Excellent ease of use from start to finish!

Cons
ZERO, everything about Socio is fantastic no complains!

Natalie Baum

Event app adds value

Reviewed 2019-03-07

Good product, great customer service. Easy to use product that added fun and useful elements to our event.

Pros
Web interface for designing event is easy to use. Pleasing, clean, and intuitive end user experience.

Cons
Would have liked more icons, but options have been added since our event. Would love to see case studies of features used in different ways.

KariAnn DeServi

Overall platform is friendly

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-22

We are able to provide an alternative way for our attendees to retrieve event information at the tips of the fingers. No longer do they have to carry around a bag of information for the event, but are able to locate all of it through the app.

Pros
Socio is a user & admin friendly platform. I love how easy the platform/app is to use and when updates are made--its instant! Socio reps offer impeccable, high-level customer support/service as well.

Cons
We have not found anything about the software we haven't liked.

Denise Wills

Superior Support, Excellent App

Reviewed 2019-03-04

Easy to load the information; we'll see soon what our meeting attendees have to say.

Pros
The app is user-friendly from the client's perspective. Socio's people have provided many tools for the people setting up the app. And I've never before experienced such fantastic customer service. Yes, really. Our reps are exceptional.

Cons
I haven't found a con yet. Perhaps one will turn up during our meeting.

Troy Selvey

Really Glad we got this.

Reviewed 2019-03-05

I am so glad that I was introduced to Socio and used it for our Symposium. It really helped to elevate our event and those who attended loved it as well.

Pros
This product is as good as they come. I have had a great experience with the software and those who assist with it. Very easy to operate and user friendly.

Cons
Honestly, there is not anything about it that I have not liked.

Sharnettra Hill

The Best Event App!

Reviewed 2019-03-04

Event management, attendee engagement, registration and communication

Pros
I love how helpful the Socio event tech are. They are awesome a very high-level customer service! Always share tips to make updates easier. The app is user friendly too!

Cons
I like everything to date. The socio teams helps me fix any challenge I have occurred.

SueAnne Johnson

Love!!

Reviewed 2019-02-21

My overall experiece with the app was really great. The team at Socio were very responsive and helpful. The app was so easy to use and create. I love how custom you can make it. With this app we were able to get alot of information out the the attendees without having to kill a forest.

Pros
This software is so user friendly. Socio has made it so easy to create an app for a meeting. I love that they have the chat at the bottom and if you have a question someone is there to help.

Maxwell Arbuckle

Used for a last minute event, now using for many more

Reviewed 2019-03-04

We signed on for one event only maybe 3 weeks before it started and it went really well. We've now signed on for something like 21 more throughout the year.

Pros
Ease of use, quick and helpful customer support, does everything I need it to and more.

Cons
Can be tough getting a lot of imagery in exactly the right size for speaker headshots and sponsor logos when I'm also using them elsewhere without those size requirements, some flexibility on the square shape could be helpful.