Swiftify

Objective-C to Swift converter for iOS & macOS developers

Swiftify Reviews

Pros

It does help speed up the conversion of Objective c code to Swift version. A lifesaver, if you are having crunch time converting Objective c Code to Swift.

Xcode integration and the ease of use fantastic. Also, the team at Swiftify is keep the updates coming to conversions keep getting better and more accurate.

Jonathan L.

Ease of use, i can simply supply it a file and it generates a good swift equivalent.

Cons

Missing a lot of features and very very bad translations.

Ryan B.

It's quite useless when it comes to complex code.

Stefan N.

Brent M.

Easy Conversion in a click

I love it and its my first choice to convert code. Easy to use and understand. one click operation.

Pros

easy copy paste options, option to select different swift versions. support for xcode as plugin and project conversion.

Cons

copy paste limit on website. no support for dark mode. should add support for other editors.

I appreciate your feedback! 1) Indeed, the free version allows converting code blocks up to 2 KB. This should cover occasional usage like converting one method at a time, however. If you need more, you may upload one or more zipped file(s) on the Converter -> Project page. The rates to pay for an individual conversion are pretty low, so that should be sufficient for occasional usage. 2) The macOS app fully supports Dark Mode. We are featured in the Apple's list of Apps with Dark Mode support and on https://darkmodelist.com/. Could you suggest where are you still lacking the Dark Mode support? 3) Which other editors (s) would you like supported? We could consider your vote for our later development.

Too expensive for individual users.

I didn't get a good chance to use it, as the free trial only allowed conversion of very small files. The small files that were converted, had been converted fairly well. Again, if the pricing model was more fair for individuals I would have purchased a licence/subscription for myself. Consider offering an individual subscription/licence for this product. Paying per file is not a good model in 2020.

Pros

The software is probably the best objc to swift converter on the market by a long shot. However the pricing model is not very friendly for individual developers.

Cons

The sales model is not all that great. The monthly price for a subscription was extremely expensive/out of reach for individual developers. And their pay as you go model is not very scalable if you have lots of objective-c code to convert. I suggest that there should be an individual subscription/licence available for single users. Maybe $15-20 bucks a month. Or hell, even a one time licence purchase of $100-200 or so would be great.

Thanks for your thorough feedback and suggestions! We are still figuring out the best pricing model for the service, so I value your suggestions here.

Helpful software

Pros

Easy to convert existing projects to swift

Cons

Needs some manual intervention but it’s expected

It Sorta Works

Pros

It's good for quickly translating objc into swift.

Cons

You have to go over almost every line of code it translates and fix something. It still doesn't do simple things like adding "override" before viewDidAppear in viewcontrollers for example. Also, it's way too expensive. One day the price just doubled and they told me they never changed the price since they launched so it's ok. It's not ok, it's way overpriced.

First of all, thanks for trying Swiftify and your constructive review! Regarding your comment on adding the `override` keyword. The `override` keyword is properly added, but of course, only if your class derives from UIViewControler (or a superclass that also defines this method): http://swiftify.me/huz23h Thus, you have to include the whole class declaration in the conversion for this to work...

Swiftify is a Winner

Amazingly useful migration and conversion of old Object C code to Swift, with high accuracy.

Pros

- Efficient and accurate conversion of ObjC - Novice-user friendly. New developer can easily get used to Swiftify without any training

Cons

- The pricing model is probably the only real con in the product - Also, the conversion speed could be improved slightly

How to convert most function from objective c to swift

I use when there is some part of code in objective c that needs only to be converted in swift.

Pros

It’s very easy to use. Just copy and paste objc code and press convert: the magic will happen. All API name converted correctly and only some adjustments to make it work.

Cons

Some c classes are not converted correctly. Should convert in some more swiftly way some code.

I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Regarding mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store. Feel free to follow me up with any questions or suggestions on this matter.

Good Product

Pros

the fact that you can copy and paste a snippet and convert it is very handy

Cons

Not much I can tell here, maybe the fact that it's not error free

Thank you Swiftify!

It was smooth and cool

Pros

Easy conversion through objective-c to swift. It was simple as a touch

Cons

In some cases, it failed to do conversions or produced faulty (not-working code)

Saved me time and time is money.

It has helped a lot. Today I use it more for code fragments.

Pros

When I had some bigger Objective-C projects I needed converted this saved me a lot time / money.

Cons

Didn't always get callbacks, and such form ObjectiveC. But it got better all the time.

Swiftify Review

Pros

I always get the right conversion and user this system always. I rely on it to get my code converted to swift from old Objective-C.

Cons

You are now required to pay for this system. That is probably the only issue right now.

Happy with the converter

I'm converting a full app from objective-c to swift and I'm finding this a very good tool to finish a lot of the code quickly. Then I just need to go back through the code to make sure it is operating how I need it to. Sometimes I don't examine the new code as closely as I should and get unexpected outcomes. This is because I am relying on the translation to much. It does such a good job I'm not testing my code close enough and get stung when the result is undesired.

Pros

When I am not sure how to translate some objective-c code I can get the converter to do it and I usually get code that is either completely compatible or needs a few tweaks to remove the errors/warnings.

Cons

It sends back a lot of lines like 'let value = value' to do optional testing. I don't like setting a value to itself and tent to rewrite all of those lines.

Thanks Dave for your awesome review! As we are always willing to make the product better, I am always open to your suggestions here. 1) Which pattern(s) do you commonly use for unwrapping of optionals? Variable shadowing like `if let value = value` is a common practice to unwrap optionals in Swift. We are considering switching to generating `guard let` statements in the future, but this...

Nice software

The overall experience was "Oh wow, didn't knew they had something like this out there". At first I was a bit skeptical because I had tried other converters that were not accurate enough for us. But after a couple of days of converting small swift functions, I was convinced it would be ideal for our project.

Pros

1) It is very easy to use. 2) Any jr. programmer can use it from day one 3) It converts anything that is Objective-C to Swift, in a very timely manner, without bottlenecks. 4) I like the fact that we can try it out under the free version and test before we decide to buy it. P.S: We ended up buying it for one of our projects that required we convert an Objective-C SDK to Swift. 5) It has an Xcode plugin.

Cons

Conversion sometimes is not 100% accurate, but it is accurate enough for our team. I honestly don't think there are any cons about the software. It was be used on the web, and on Xcode as a plugin, which honestly was perfect for our team.

I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support? We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this. Thanks in advance for your time!

Great tool for conversion and needs some improvements to convert a whole project mix ObjC and SWIFT

Pros

- Easy to use - Single file conversion - Project conversion is very helpful - Most recent and beta SWIFT support

Cons

- Doesn't take workspace or mix ObjC and Swift APPs - Conversion is only for latest and beta would be nice to be able to convert to last release major versions

I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support? We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this. Regarding workspaces and mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part...

Swiftify ObjectiveC-Swift Converter

I have been using swiftify nearly a year. It is really doing a spectacular job in helping me quick conversion of Objective-C code into Swift code. It is helping me many ways and saving my time.

Pros

i. Very easy to use and implement. ii. Convert old Objective-C code snippet to Desired Swift version, specified by user. iii. Even compatible swift classes, protocols, Predefined methods, properties conversion is made through swiftify.

Cons

Everything is good. Could be given access to whole file and project coversion. As of now, only Perticular function and properties conversion is there.

A great way to migrate single Objective-C documents

We are currently migrating a 6 year old Objective-C project that needs to be refactored using Swift because of an external library implemented only for this new language. Using a bridging header or thing like that is not a possibility. We used this tool to convert some files in order for the new developer to get a grasp on how the classes would look like after being converted. It was a nice tool to use. However, we were not backed by the technical direction to keep on using it more extensively.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to upload files and received the converted version.

Cons

I liked that the free version was a bit too restrictive for general developers of companies not generally prone to invest in tools like this when suggested by their team. It would be great to have some sort of infographic to sell the idea to the business directors in order for developers to convince them to invest in this tool, but in terms of the impact it has on the budget necessary for projects.

I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product. Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support? We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this. P.S. Check our this article intended for managers and business developers: https://medium.com/swiftify/is-migrating-from-objective-c-to-swift-worth-the-investment-148999d15afd Any feedback is welcome!

Time saver

Pros

Saves you alot of time. As someone who knows both Objective C , as well as Swift, this tool saves you a great amount of time when dealing with projects that are being converted from legacy code. The output tends to almost always be correct.

Cons

Can't say there are many cons. The only thing I can think of is that there is no way to convert multiple files at once.

Just wanted to say "thanks" for your awesome review! Regarding the conversion of multiple files, while Xcode does not support this (Apple have not made it possible for Xcode Extensions to access anything beyond the currently edited file), here are the options: 1) Zip multiple `.h` and `.m` files and convert at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/ 2) Use the Finder Extension (included in the "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the App Store) to select and convert multiple files in Finder; 3) Use the AppCode plugin to convert pairs of `.h` and `.m` files from within the IDE (which supports such functionality, unlike Xcode). Don't hesitate to follow up with me if you have additional questions!

Learning Objective-C with a Tutor

When creating a new project that has an optional third-party library, framework, or class in Objective-C language, the conversion from Objective-C to Swift is very accurate, and often updates with the modern version of Swift. This is very helpful for varying versions of previous files that one may encounter.

Pros

I liked the fact that I am able to explore my entire project, as in Xcode. I am able to select groups of files to convert, and add newly generated Swift files to my project file. The learning curve that exists when moving between languages was definitely cut in half with the use of this tool.

Cons

I did not like the constant prompts to upgrade after certain uses of the software.

Objective-C to Swift Converter

Pros

I loved this software. It was super easy to use and master.

Cons

It could be faster and more user friendly. Some aspects were confusing

Thanks, Ryan for your awesome feedback! Could you please elaborate what (in your opinion) could make the product more user friendly? Which of the components (web based converter, Xcode Extension, Advanced Project Converter) were you using most? Regarding the conversion speed, I'd be glad to hear what is your country / location and in which cases you find yourself waiting for too long. P.S. Our Offline Converter will likely solve any performance / speed issues on your side. Let me know if you are interested in it.

Swiftify: the best way to code with Swift and Objc

Overall, Swiftify is great. It's easy to use and very accurate. I would love a cheaper subscription as the one at the moment is a bit too expensive, but its still great tool which I use often.

Pros

What I love about Swiftify is its ease of use. Anytime you need to covert some Objc code to Swift its just a few clicks away. Another great thing about Swiftify is that its fast and accurate, 99.9% of the time, the conversion goes flawlessly.

Cons

What I don't love about Swiftify is its price point. I don't pay for it because I don't think I can justify the price as I don't convert that much code.

Easy to use but....

My experience is good and useful,I use quite often and save my time also

Pros

Sometime we get solution of query in obj c so its very helpful to convert it to swift.I have some projects which are in obj c and swift so its useful to use same logic in both apps.Site structure is very user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

I have some projects which are still in swift 3 language and since swift 4 launches ,you have removed conversion option to swift3.If possible can you support old swift3 version also And sometime site hangs ,I need to close and need to reopen again,Please work on that

The best assistant when dealing with legacy projects

Sometimes, I am converting legacy classes written in Objective-C to Swift.

Pros

Really helpful when you don't want to add a new feature to the old Objective-C code. At the same time, quick revitalization to the newest Swift gives a boost in implementation performance.

Cons

I don't need a subscription as I am using this service quite rarely for the single files. In my case, the pay-as-you-go model could fit much better.

I really appreciate your awesome feedback! If you don't need a subscription, we actually have a Pay As You Go plan that you could use. Just upload your project at the Converter -> Project page and pay for an individual conversion here: https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/ We are still in process of figuring out the best pricing model so your suggestions are definitely welcome.

Very solid and reliable swift conversion.

Overall, this tool has be incredibly valuable in helping me learn swift.

Pros

Super easy to convert a lot of my older ObjC code to swift. Also, has done a great job keeping up with the latest version of swift.

Cons

Suggestion: don't autofill the left ObjC panel with sample code. It would be quicker to start with a blank panel to paste in my code.

Hi James, Thanks for your awesome review and suggestions! One of the reasons we've been filling the left pane with the sample code is to demonstrate how one can join contents of interface and implementation file(s) into the Swift output. While you are encouraged to use the Xcode Extension (which is just more convenient, and won't fill in any sample code), I'll think about changing the left pane to a very minimum, or just blank code!

Most Advanced Tool

After using many tools I fount this tool very useful. Now I don't need to code manually from Objective-c to swift because of this tool.

Pros

- I Like that in one click this tool convert code in swift. - Free trial is awesome. - In 99% it's provide perfect result.

Cons

- Only one cons that it convert on small size of code in free version(But it true because of great fetures).

Almost great

I've used this converter specially for translating StackOverflow answers into Swift code.

Pros

It can convert almost any code, and it's getting better.

Cons

I'm not sure if that was improved, but the last time I've used Swiftify (1 year ago) the converter wasn't context-aware so sometimes the compiler.

Thanks, Julian for your incredible review! While a 100% correct conversion nearly impossible to automate, we aim to save your time and efforts. Indeed, we have recently improved support for persisting variable types in different (local and global scopes): https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030063872 If you see anything else that could be improved, feel free to suggest at our GitHub Issue Tracker - https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify/issues

Great Help At Work

Objective-C to Swift converter has been a great tool to use at work. We have a legacy app written in Objective-C and a new app written in Swift which uses very similar functionality as the existing ObjC app. When I need to get some Objective-C code translated into Swift fast Objective-C to Swift converter is my first go to tool. Sometimes of course the code doesn't translate properly or just isn't...

Pros

Pretty decent accuracy when converting Obj-C to Swift. *Much* faster than converting a ton of code by hand

Cons

Sometimes code doesn't translate properly or there are other modifications that are needed.