All categories

Swiftify

Objective-C to Swift converter for iOS & macOS developers

Swiftify Reviews

Great for iOS beginners

Pros

I loved how easy it was to convert legacy Objective-C code to Swift. As a new Swift developer, the converter was especially useful because it helped me understand code examples that were written in Obj-C. That was invaluable to me.

Cons

I haven't had much trouble with the Swift to Obj-C converter but I noticed that the online converter tends to go down periodically. Overall, it's a great service.

Thanks for your valuable review and willing to make the product better! Regarding the availability of the online converter, we have a set of health check tests running periodically on our build server to ensure that the service has the 100% uptime, and we are not aware of any issues at the moment. Could you suggest what is your country and location? This might be a regional issue with accessing our resources. Anyway, feel free to follow up on this case directly at contact@swiftify.com anytime you see a downtime issue. Thanks in advance!

Good converter

Pros

It was helpful for me as somebody who has worked primarily with swift to better understand some objective-c code

Cons

It was successful most of the time but not all of the time. I had to fix things occasionally, but not often.

Hi Braden, Thanks for your incredible review! While a 100% correct conversion nearly impossible to automate, we aim to save your time and efforts. Feel free to report any individual conversion issues at our GitHub Issue Tracker - https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify

Great software, both in Auto and custom

Pros

I use the auto software for many small projects and it works great. I also had the team do a professional migration and they did an absolutely amazing job. I just sent them my code and they returned it converted to Swift and working the same as it was in Objective C; actually, they identified a couple of bugs and even fixed one of them for me. The quote was very fair too. This software and their professional team has saved me an astounding amount of time.

Cons

I do not have any cons. It is a very smooth experience and the cost versus the saved time is an amazing value.

Review ObjectC to Swift

Pros

fast, easy to use, free, format syntax well

Cons

limit text characters, just sign in to use

Code is unusable

This product did not save me anytime. I had to rewrite the code from scratch.

Pros

It has an interesting concept and I thought I was going to save time. However the software is an EPIC fail. It maybe good for academics who are converting a small 15 line app from ObjC to Swift.

Cons

The software produced tons of dead code. Functions that aren't reachable, the comments dont exist. It was very frustrating to use. I had to rewrite it from scratch.

Simply the best objective c to swift converter

Pros

Easy to setup and very simple to use on xcode.

Cons

Some of the objective c conversions do not correspond to the best option in the latest versiones of swift.

I really appreciate your feedback. Regarding your report that some conversions do not correspond to the best option in the latest versions of Swift. While we are working hard on generating the best possible output, it will be probably never possible for the automated converter to produce an idiomatic Swift code, which still requires a human being ;) Anyway, we are working hard improvements such as generating "guard let" statements whenever possible. You may post any distinct suggestions for review here: https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify

Good product, but overpriced

I’m using this project rarely only when I need to convert old objc code to swift. So this is not my regular duty and I’m not sure if I’ll use it more often in future. That’s why the previous trial limitations in file size was were good for me. Now I only can make 3 convertions a day. But I also don’t want to pay for subscription ‘cause I use this product once a month or even more rare

Pros

Works better than similar products. Convenient to use with xcode extension

Cons

Current monetization model is not convenient for me

I appreciate your constructive feedback. For casual needs you may just upload your code or project at the Converter -> Project page and pay for an individual conversion: https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/ This might be convenient for use cases like yours. We are still in the process of figuring out the best pricing model so your suggestions are definitely welcome!

Useful addon for Xcode

I am rewriting several classes from a legacy project into Swift. The Swiftify converter isn't useful for direct class to class translation as I want to take advantage of newer coding patterns and take the opportunity to refactor, but for certain small selectable chunks of text it's extremely convenient to see how the syntax could look like. A real time saver.

Pros

The ability to add it into Xcode as a menu option, and the the speed and convenience of using it for small code chunks.

Cons

No shortcut in Xcode for using the feature (have to go in and manually click).

Thanks, Joshua for your valuable review and input! Just a note. It is very easy to assign a shortcut to any Xcode Extension's command (i.e. "Paste As Swift") - scroll to the bottom of this page for "how to": https://objectivec2swift.com/#/xcode-extension/ Of course, our product won't ever "think" in Swift, but we aim to save your time by automating routine part of the conversion ;)

Beginner Trail

A fantastic product and great for beginners, highly recommend.

Pros

I really enjoyed using this software for the trail period and attempting to use it for the paid term. I am new to learning the programming side and the software itself was extremely useful in being user friendly. Great tips and help if I needed it.

Cons

The cost throws me off, however I understand the power and the work that goes into making such a software.

I really appreciate your feedback! We are still figuring out the best pricing model for our tools, so we will consider your feedback for sure. May I ask you what issues did you have with the customer support? We are always eager to improve!

It just works.

Pros

You just simply paste the code you want to convert to the box, and it "magically" appear on the other side. No other action required. It's simple and it just works.

Cons

Nothing so far. However, I'm only converting occasionally and not on a daily basis.

Great Product

I wa creating a music app and I was making my own custom api for playing, I used objective c to write that and imported into Swift

Pros

Easy to use, and it a great thing if you need to switch code on the fly without having to redo it all

Cons

The payment, I understand it a business and you need to make money but for people that need this product and then Ilene up having to pay it kind of a downside

Awesome, Easy, Intuitive, Brilliant

Great. Easy. Simple. Love this product and will continue to subscribe.

Pros

This is an easy software that makes my job a piece of cake. I love using it and rarely, if ever, have bugs in the code that it translates. Highly recommended, even just to save you time... because why not?

Cons

Not much to complain about here... every once in a while there are a couple of errors in the translation to Swift that I have to correct, but it's rare and they're really easy to fix, especially once copied into Xcode which usually recommends the change to be made anyways.

Good tool to convert Objective-C code

Pros

The software is easy to use and integrate well with Xcode.

Cons

In some instances, the returned Swift code can be improved. Overall, however, the software gets the job done!

Good Plugin to convert

Great, it helped me a lot to convert different code snippets quickly

Pros

It help a lot to convert Objective-C to Swift and save tones of time for developers. Specially it help if you are on Swift and you find some useful code snippet that you are willing to incorporate in your code.

Cons

Easy to use, most likely integration in Xcode itself

Not a paying customer yet.

Pros

A great​ tool to get started with the transition.

Cons

Once the code is translated, you still need to tweak it.

Hi Dorian, Thanks for your incredible review! While a 100% correct conversion nearly impossible to automate, we aim to save your time and efforts. Feel free to report any individual conversion issues at our GitHub Issue Tracker - https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify

Pros

Open, paste the code, and convert it, that's exactly what I need. Please keep on this idea, most converters have too much steps on it, and Swiftify is usually way simpler/better.

Cons

Sometimes I work with older versions of Swift on legacy projects, would be good to still be able to convert to older (<3) swift versions.

great piece of software

Pros

the easy of use and the way this helps me convert the code on the go without hassle

Cons

the UI could be improved but it doesn't really mind me as the app is so useful

Best tool for converting your line of codes or file objective-c to swift.

Pros

It helps to convert objective-C code in to latest swift version. With the help of this tool we save lots of time. You can also convert easily whole file.

Cons

If you want to try to convert code without creating account then its convert only 1 kb size code. In this no any option to convert older version of swift.

Modernize your code so easily

Pros

Modernizing your legacy source code has never been so easy: - It is so easy and straightforward to use; - Saves you a lot of time in the conversion of legacy Objective-C code to Swift; - Even the free version, with some limitation of amount of code that can be converted at a time, helps a lot;

Cons

The conversion is not 100% perfect, which means that the programmer will have to make some tweaks manually, but compared to the amount of time saved with the conversion, it is really a tiny problem.

Bad

Horrible

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Missing a lot of features and very very bad translations

I appreciate your feedback. While it is nearly impossible to automate the conversion from Objective-C to Swift by 100%, our tool was still designed to save your time. We do realize that manual changes after the conversion are always required: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000110132 In some cases, even a small but unsupported Objective-C construct may ruin the entire converter output. You are advised to report such issues on our GitHub Issue Tracker at https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify See more on this here: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021028092 I am sorry that the tool was not helpful to you at all. I'd still appreciate a quick follow-up about the features that you are missing. Thanks in advance for your time!

A Must Have for those With Objective-C Code

We’ve started on apps that aren’t released yet. We also have apps that need refactoring. Its an opportune time to convert objective-c code. I was hoping to save time by not having to re-type, and save time by not having to learn how to convert more complex objective-c to Swift. This converter has allowed me to accomplish both goals. Right-click or Control click allows you to access the submenu to convert a piece of code.

Pros

It’s very simple to use and I find it to be accurate the overwhelming majority of the time.

Cons

There is some block-related code that it doesn’t always convert well

Great for quick conversions

Pros

Easily converts objective-c to swift. Makes updating apps very easy and quick.

Cons

It doesn't always convert properly when dealing with slightly more complex lines of code or functions.

Very effective a little bit too expensive

Pros

Ease of use: I use it within Xcode and it is handy

Cons

Cost: the thing is that objective C to swift with time tends to be less necessary with a limited amount of old objc sw.

Save tons of time using Objective- c to Swift converter

It does help speed up the conversion of Objective c code to Swift version. A lifesaver, if you are having crunch time converting Objective c Code to Swift.

Pros

Support for multiple version of the Swift code by the selection of Swift Version. Converts Objective C to Swift with 90% accuracy. Support for value types, local and global scope

Cons

In trial mode, it converts code without the whole context, so it does not have the proper value. At least in trial mode, they should provide at least two file conversions

Pros

Very compatible and easy to learn and use

Cons

There is which i didnt like i am a new user and it was very easy to learn and explore

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.