All categories

Swiftify

Objective-C to Swift converter for iOS & macOS developers

Swiftify Reviews

General Review of swiftify

Pros

The usability that gives me brings me take back old code format and take it to the new format.

Cons

Maybe sometimes doesn't translates the code with 100% reliability

Savior

Pros

Easy to use, I needed it for an exam. It saved me a lot of time and it converted the code very good.

Cons

It should be automatically integrated inside Xcode

Quick usage

Pros

for very simple code, it found the equivalent of the obj-c code and did it's job in translating it into swift. It was quick and easy to use.

Cons

For the code I wanted to translate into swift so I could understand it and use it, I was not able to. When I tried to compile that code it gave out, I would just get errors and it was not helpful. If there is very long pieces of code that is wanted to translate, it is very difficult and doesn't do well.

Nice product.

Pros

This software is super friendly and useful.

Cons

Performance is a little slow. Please work on the next release.

Helps a lot

Objective-C to Swift Converter helped me to convert some old projects wrote in Objective-C to Swift.

Pros

The converter it's a tool that helps a lot to convert you code wrote in Objective-C to Swift in a very easy and fast way.

Cons

Depending of your code, the converter may not work as you desire, requiring to do some changes, but it's still a very good converter.

Best conversion available

Pros

I like the easy to use conversion for mostly small snippets of code.

Cons

I'd like this product to convert from Swift to Objective-C as well.

A great time saver

Pros

Since I am not a very experienced developer and I started with Swift, so I never learned Objective-C, this tool is invaluable in helping me understand Objective-C code and it has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

I'd say the pricing model is the biggest downside. I understand this is more geared towards companies, but there is a segment of the market who only use it casually so for us a subscription doesn't make sense and the hoops we need to jump through to use it only make the experience worse. I'd much rather have a credit based system where I can buy a credit pack and pay a tiny sum for every conversion rather than put up with the limitations.

Overall a good product but could be better

Pros

The conversion of objective-c to swift latest versions.

Cons

Limitation on conversion style or lines.

Super simple Objective-C conversion

Pros

From my use it's reasonably accurate! Super easy convert smaller older snippets of code that you'd find online. My favourite feature is it's Xcode integration where I can past Objective-C into Xcode and it appears as Swift

Cons

It tends to favour vars over lets but it's a minor nitpick

Good only for "stupid" conversions

I used this tool a lot to convert some obj-c code we have on the app. I used it only for saving some type-time, because obj-c code *must* not be converted 1-to-1 to Swift. Code needs to be rewritten in a swift-y way. But sometime I have 10 or 20 properties, and then I just copy-paste on the browser or use the "paste as swift".

Pros

I like I have no type all the code I have to convert.

Cons

The tool is awesome, but I would never use it for converting a whole class or even a whole project.

The best converter

Pros

He was a great help to me during a very complex app of a very complex app, alone I would have wasted a lot of time

Cons

Some stripes have been having problems with the optionals

I really appreciate your feedback. The support for optionals (and type conversions) is one of the hardest parts of the converter, and improving it is still among our primary priorities. Recently we have added a few configurable options to tweak the converter. One of the options allows you to choose whether pointer types are translated to optional or non-optional declarations by default. You are welcome to check that out: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028372311-Treat-pointer-method-parameters-and-return-types-as-non-optional-by-default

Successfully converted objc code to swift

I tried to convert a couple of files written in objc to swift by using the trail version. This software fit my need. In the future if we decide to migrate more objc to swift, I will suggest to purchase this tool.

Pros

Add-on menu in the Xcode, it comes with simple function but very easy to use and works.

Cons

If I missed a matched ending brackets when select the code, the conversion result could be unexpected. It would be nice to automatically adding missed ending brackets.

It just works

Pros

It simply works. It avoids you the hassle of making conversions once and again if you are working with mixed language apps or just reusing code from previous works.

Cons

Sometimes you need to adjust the resulting code but its always faster than start fresh

Great product

Excellent

Pros

Awesome stuff that I really enjoyed a ton.

Cons

None at all. This is such a great product.

Price

Pros

Really easy to convert from obj c to swift.

Cons

Free option has only few lines of codes.

Objective-C to Swift Converter gets the job started

I have several old projects that need to be updated to swift.

Pros

Objective-C to Swift Converter works to convert files to swift in a relatively easy way.

Cons

Objective-C to Swift Converter still needs some help getting things sorted out in more complex files.

Great when you need to translate quickly to Swift

Pros

It's easy, fast and all you have to do is drop the code in and tell it to translate. I don't know Objective-C well, but I have to work in Swift sometimes, so it is handy to be able to take a look at what is happening in an Objective-C library without needing to learn Objective-C

Cons

I can't think of any downsides really. You have to log in to get full length translation.

Good for converting objective c to swift

I know its really difficult job to convert whole Objective C project to swift. So, I really like this concept and it pretty decent converter.

Pros

It is really easy to use and converts the Objective C codes into swift nicely.

Cons

It not useful for converting whole old Objective C projects to Swift.

Pros

Easy and fast to use.

Cons

trial number of lines limit are somehow small

The ease of use

Pros

The main functionality of conversion , still better than the manually conversion for huge projects.

Cons

The ease of use and still not 100% conversion

I really appreciate your feedback! Could you please suggest what are you lacking to make the product easier to use? We are always eager to improve our product and services, so I may be able to consider up your suggestion(s) in the future versions. Regarding your mention about incorrect translations. In some cases, even a small but unsupported Objective-C construct may ruin the entire converter output. You are advised to report such issues on our GitHub Issue Tracker at https://github.com/Swiftify-Corp/Swiftify See more on this here: https://support.swiftify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021028092

Good tool to have when you're working on legacy projects

It saves a lot of time when it comes to boilerplate code and easy to translate clases.

Pros

It does most of the work for you, especially when it deals with boilerplate code. Keeps most of the variable names.

Cons

It's quite useless when it comes to complex code.

Start Your Swift Conversion

Pros

Great way to start your conversion to Swift, especially with larger codebases.

Cons

Doesn’t always handle the conversion right, but gets you most of the way there and eliminates lots of boilerplate writing.

Missing many conversation

Pros

Conversations of basic Obj C code to Swift.

Cons

High level functions, closure are missing for Swift conversation some times

It's a great product but sometimes crashes.

Pros

I love the possibility to write code in Obj-C and convert into Swift!

Cons

Sometime the software crashes, so it causes some problems in my workflow.

First of all, thanks for your constructive feedback! Regarding the crashes you mentioned, could you please forward any details you can get to reproduce them to alex@swiftify.com ? We haven't seen any significant crash reports recently. I'll be glad to have those addressed at the earliest convenience. As regarding the rating you gave to the customer support, can you suggest anything you dislike or would like improved? Thanks in advance of your time, and for being our valued Customer!

Review for Swiftify

Pros

It helps me to migrate code from objective-c to swift and help to understand objective-c code.

Cons

there some code can't be translated by Swiftify and can't convert Unit-Test code.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.