Sympli

Application development and collaboration for designers

visit website

Sympli Reviews

Pros

Overall easy to use, and accomplishes what we need for our projects. I like that there are different options for downloading assets.

I like that it is very simple to use. It alerts you when there are changes in any project you have access to and downloading assets is very easy and simple.

DP

Daniel P.

Cons

One of the thing that frustrates me in sympli is, measurements really gets messed up if there are multiple components overlapping (especially for android designs).

No option to remove notation indicators from the design it ruins taking screenshots.

RG

Ranjeet G.

4.6

Helps keep our team on the same page

My team of 3 designers loves using versions for Sketch. I think it works well for small teams but I cannot speak of how it would work for larger teams.

Pros

With a basic understanding of git, Versions is a great tool for teams to collaborate. We love that you can see changes very easily with releas notes and background syncing.

Cons

Sometimes the product is buggy. Syncing will be out of date or versions will tell us that there is a conflict when there really isn’t. That gets slightly annoying. It’s usually relatively easy to resolve, but it nevertheless is an annoyance we have to deal with.

Simple and straightforward

Been using it for several years, it is our main software for sharing UI/UX screens with our dev and biz partners.

Pros

It's simplicity and straightforwardness.

Cons

Trying to organize your artboards. The sorting and tagging are limiting when you have large workflows that may branch many times. If the designer isn't using a robust naming convention for their artboards then dev/biz often have a hard time finding a specific screen they're looking for.

Not overwhelmed

Pros

Easy to receive assets from designers in remote locations. Easy to see design history. Easy to diff history.

Cons

We want to use the same project for iOS and Android but Sympli forces us to choose one platform. Because our projects are set to iOS and I develop on Android I am not able to use the Android Studio plugin

Sympli Review

Pros

Saves a lot of time with dev handoffs and specs. I've gotten quite a few companies to start using it now with all my freelance and contract work.

Cons

The new pricing structure. It ends up being quite a bit more than Zeplin with this structure for our company and makes it more difficult and time consuming to add and remove users. I've used it for so long and gotten so many companies to start using it, I was grandfathered in for a good deal on pricing, but with the new structure, they no longer give me my pricing. Because of this, I have begin to transition us away from Sympli, but it will take some time.

sympli is best app for collaboration and workflow platform for building

Pros

this tolls is very simple especially for ios it so simple just install plugin in xcode and then connect with the project then you can iplement design jus drag and drop to the story board

Cons

import end export image is very simple, and feature for generate color is very cool, and priview of design in mobile app is very useable

Simple and from the browser

Pros

Cons

What I like the least is that sometimes, in a complex interface, it is difficult to select the specific element you need.

Sympli has been a game changer in my work process in design. It made things easier and faster.

Pros

It's very easy and practical to use. With just one command, I can share all my design assets from the source files to the development team(s) in one single place. I can also receive valuable feedback on my designs.

Cons

It's actually very difficult to go back to the "old way" of doing the job: Extracting manually the files/assets one by one, zipping, emailing and again and again... Just thinking about it feels like a chore.

My review

Pros

Easy to use for collaboration with developers

Cons

Its really tough to organize screens/projects only with tags

I use this software daily and have never had any issues.

Daily use

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the manual measuring is difficult. If our UX designer doesn't set up the individual objects to click on, trying to use the ruler is a pain.

I love this app :)

It makes front-end developing much faster and easier

Pros

1. Really fast application 2. Easy navigation between different projects 3. Ability to save icons in vector/bitmap

Cons

1. Navigation by browser history buttons (back-forward). Occasionally when i click back button, I don't get the screen where i actually was. Also I'd like to save scroll position, when I'm on the list of designs, then click on one of them, and then go back to list. 2. Tag-filters. When I click "tag1" and "tag2" I expect to see designs which have "tag1" PLUS designs which have "tag2". It would be better if we have an ability to do like this.

productive, efficient, simple UI

it had made the design handoff very easy and increased the efficiency and productivity of the team. Its been helpful, to answer any dev question in context of the designs. Its has helped us even more since our dev team is off-shore and across different time zones. Love the product, its simplicity and seamlessness with design softwares.

Pros

easy to use, plugins are seamless, support is pretty quick, easy to share with team, annotations makes its easy to communicate changes on the versions or answer and dev questions

Cons

1. tags: organizing projects is not intuitive, sometimes tags don't work as well; selection of tags, it selects multiple tags upon clicking them, so I have to go and deselect every time. 2. Sometime, svgs are not formatted correctly upon download.

Great little tool to get your designs to engineers

It's simple way of sharing the designs with your engineering team. It syncs well most of the time and the screens can be categorised and tagged in whichever way you prefer.

Pros

It's easy to use and it works really well with iOS designs. I like that engineers have their own login and can browse through the project to find what they need.

Cons

It's a little tricky exporting Android designs as they need to be 'processed' before syncing. Also, engineers keep finding it very difficult to find css details of the design elements.

Game changer

Pros

- Awesome Android studio and xcode plugins which ease out designer-developer development efforts - Neat pricing model

Cons

Thanks for the review and feedback. We'd love help fix the measurement issue you are facing. Can you share an example of a design that has this issue with us at support@sympli.io and we can help! Thanks!

Awesome App. Excess to the assets with ease. Grids and guidelines.

Pros

Access Guidelines, Grids, You can easily download all assets which are used in the mockups Comment Section Layers

Cons

Responsiveness, No ability to close sidebars, Sometimes assets are not imported or imported partially, from Sketch App.

Great tool and very easy to use

Pros

Love the ease of use, the comments feature and the Sketch plugin. We have a lot of our projects in Sympli and the whole team can view the mockups. Really like the notifications it gives you when a page has been updated.

Cons

I would love the pages to load a little faster and also a Sympli iPad & iPhone app to view the prototypes / wireframes on the devices.

Fantastic!

Pros

I love that the tool integrates into my designer platforms as well as our developer environments. We are saving 25%+ on each design-development handoff and easily more than the other tools we tested. Definitely recommend

Cons

With new releases to Sketch or Xcode, sometimes the plugins have issues. They are quickly fixed, though

It is a useful tool easy to use

Pros

It is an easy tool to use. It provides many details when working and is very intuitive. The tags are very useful and the filters are very necessary.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get the distances. It would be nice to be able to choose elements even if these are not marked as exportable.

Easy upload with Sketch. Great for developers.

Pros

The sketch plugin is super easy to use and takes the friction out of getting designs to the development team. Also love that it is web-based, and can be accessed from my mobile phone or laptop. The Sympli team is also super responsive to user feedback, and I've totally felt supported by them.

Cons

I've never been a big fan of how screens are grouped together. Personally, I'd prefer to set up folders to arrange the designs. But Sympli uses tags. This has been confusing for both me and for my developers -- when trying to see the design for a specific page or experience...

Good for teams. Simplified sharing for us

Easy to use Collaboration Free version is pretty good (shamelessly admitting)

Pros

Plugins work properly unlike Zeppelin. Multiple software support Creates color pallettes automatically from the designs

Cons

Android svg support is bad. Have to use illustrator to simplify the svg code and remove things in order to make it work there. Web version doesn't work well in firefox Quantum New sympli homepage redesign needs to be rethought

Best in industry till now!!

Pros

Best collaboration platform for developers and designers Support for xcode android studio and photoshop though I have used for android studio only. Much needed plugins for developer once designing part has been completed With the help of this we are doing design and implement UI side by side while developing simultaneously. Drag and drop feature which shows real UI. Auto sync Aplying styling is very very easy.

Cons

Earlier we had lot of issue not by technically but understanding the use of tool and how we can scale the plugins Sometimes while installing plaugin it crashes and no horizontal scroll Apart from that this doesnt have any cons and best in industry Must try!!

A good design software

Pros

Its ease to collaborate designs, update them, and share them with different groups

Cons

The price - we are using only the handoff feature

Really simplified our work

Pros

Plugins integration into popular mobile IDE's, really easy to use, all needed platforms supported, all is cool )

Cons

Auto-layout generation is useless, really that can't be used in real projects. Possible will be good to have more pricing models to allow a bit flexible plan.

Bridge the gap between Designer and Developer

As a developer I get all the specifications needed easily and quickly without contacting the designer. I get notifications as and when the design is updated.

Pros

Simple UI, Specs info is great, Grid layout

Cons

Easy to use as a programmer.

Saves me a lot of time having to compile and recompile large Xcode projects when Sympli can simply tell me the exact dimensions of locations of assets for an app and I can enter it in once.

Pros

Simple clean interface. There's nothing to have to really learn. If you know how to use a computer you'll know how to use Slack.

Cons

Some spacing values might take a little digging around. While 99% of the features are obvious to find and use, about 1% of them to a little more time to discover.

Fantastic functionalities. Great team collaboration capabilities

Pros

Share and annotation capabilities. Ease of use and learning. Small learning curve. Easy communication.

Cons

share and password difficulties. Takes time to reset password. Real time editing capabilities are limited.