UI Bakery Logo

A low-code platform to build apps and automations

UI Bakery Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

outsystems
caspio

Their team responds to us very quickly, in many cases under an hour, and come back with fixes that actually work and help us and help their product improve to better serve our needs.
Used for our External Facing App in Emergency Services.

Ambrose C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great product, but most importantly, backed by an exceptional customer and tech support team

Very impressed by what the software can do and how capable their customer/tech support teams are.

Pros

There are lots of features available, and once you get your head around it, it's a pretty powerful tool

Cons

The documentation could better, and tutorials or sample templates would help a new user getting started. However, their customer support more than makes up for this. They stepped in to help out before you realise you were having issues!

AC

Ahmed C.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Used for our External Facing App in Emergency Services!

Exceptionally positive.Any bugs or enhancements are always addressed for me and my team. Usually VERY quickly.They also are MORE than happy to schedule meetings with me to review and questions or concerns I may have. I should add this was happening even when I was on the LOWEST price tier. The really do treat all customers equally :)

Pros

We needed something to develop an app for emergency services here in our province. After digging around for other low code solutions, this one came up as a clear winner.I have made demos in 2 other tools prior to UI Bakery, and UI Bakery is clearly the top favourite.Pricing is phenomenal, you can play around with the free version for a bit, and as you get to use it, you can slowly scale up what you want by pricing tiers (which are VERY reasonable).Unlimited end-users was ultimately what sold us. Many other competitors nickle and dime you with database calls, users, points systems...all very silly and not realistic.

Cons

There are two REAL flavours of UI Bakery. On-Prem and Cloud.On Prem gets a LOT of cool features (app white-labelling for example). Wish some of these features could be available on both.Git Integration I totally understand being on-prem only. But this is a minor complaint.

CG

Chris G.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Could be exactly what you need

We needed to develop a front end for our image data management application, and I tried a lot of tools in this space. UI Bakery was the tool that had sufficient capability to allow us to get what we needed whilst not requiring a massive amount of coding knowledge.

Pros

Incredibly flexible. Great customer support. Can connect to lots of data sources.

Cons

Requires a reasonably capable computer, or it is too slow/unresponsive to be usable. Some functionality could be more user-friendly

IM

Iain M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Powerful low code app development tool with AMAZING support

An absolute pleasure. Great product with a team that understands what good customer service is all about.

Pros

It's both powerful and easy to use. You can start building effective back-office apps in no time at all. If you run into any problems the support team is there to help and will have your question answered very quickly. The dev team are receptive to feature requests and there is a publically available roadmap so you can always see the status of your request. The pricing structure is well thought through making it considerably more attractive to than alternatives like retool.

Cons

It's hard to fault this software. There are a few things that are not perfect but they release features and improvements weekly. When i have discovered a bug, it has been fixed very quickly. The documentation is also improving and once again, if i found something that wasn't documented, it the team would fix that as well.

MB

Mykola B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Extremely good toolkit for developing frontend apps + Very Good Support Team

We've been working with UI Bakery now for just over a year. It is rare to come across a company that is so focused on actual innovation, as they have been upgrading and adding capabilities to their product very fast, with good updates coming in every week. We have an enterprise agreement and as such a Slack channel with their support team, which has been incredibly valuable. Their team responds to...

Pros

We can build applications very quickly and are able to bypass many of the slow processes typically needed in front-end development. Our team can very quickly whip up interfaces now, we can quickly have our design and business experts test them and give quick iterative feedback, we can easily connect them with back-end, and be on the way to implementing an application, in far less time than a traditional design-development workflow works. UI Bakery is a massive force multiplier to our team and helped us to get good systems built much faster, and better iterate them to better fit business needs.

Cons

Just like with any tool, there are some limitations. Although, there hasn't been anything yet we haven't been able to work around, and the UI Bakery team has been extremely helpful. Our enterprise support team has helped us very quickly and meaningfully, sometimes delivering solutions to limitations in less than 2 hours of us reporting them.

Felix H.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Great tool for business automation

Pros

Setting up and using UI Bakery is very simple. It’s pretty easy to create meaningful apps that improve business automation and increase productivity

Cons

Some integrations were lacking when we first started using UI Bakery, but the helpful and committed support and development team were more than happy to create those integrations for us.

CW

Chris W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Review from a non programmer

The tool is very easy to use and I believe if I used one of the other databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, or MongoDB my journey would be even easier. However, the support I have received from UI Bakery has been just amazing and I have been able to get passed any hurdle with the help of them, the support from UI Bakery makes them stand out so much more than JetAdmin, Retool, Internal.

Pros

Has most of the no-code/low code features you would expect. It integrates with most databases that are popular such as air-table, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Google BigQuery

Cons

I came from retool and there it was a bit easier to do the SQL query buildup. However, the extremely great support I'm getting from UI Bakery and especially Katerina, has made my transition so much more enjoyable than what I received from JetAdmin which is another contender. UI Bakery support has been nothing short of amazing.

DO

David O.

Computer Software, self-employed

UI Bakery: Bringing you from zero to hero

The startup product was very quick to accomplish. My complex product hit a number of snags, but as I hit them and reached out, the team was receptive and eager to help me work with what they had or detail what I needed. I have had 3 cases where I was critically blocked and they either had a work around, an fix within 24 hours, or worked with me directly to implement the missing feature. There is no egos to deal with here, only good people trying to build a superior solution for the average user.

Pros

The biggest impact of this tool is not the tool but the team behind it. There are growing number of no/low code solutions, but none of them have the heart and attention to detail that I have experienced with UI Bakery. They strive to keep their tool simple to understand and use and have been very receptive to ideas and impressively responsive should you find a missing feature or uncover a bug. I have literally had fixes within 24 hours in the later case.

Cons

The tools is being developed in an iterative way, so some of the features that exist in their competitors are still missing, but they are catching up fast and in the case of the implementations that are shared with other tools in their field, they are surpassing their competition.

Jose P.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

UI Bakery easy and effective

In our case, the core of our IOT device operation is based on a Realtime database from FIREBASE GOOGLE. The management of this data is complex to be carried out with native WEB tools, with UI BAKERY we have developed a tool for internal use that allows us to update data in the realtime database in an agile and efficient way.

Pros

Using UI Bakery we have been able to build an agile and efficient user interface in record time.

Cons

Perhaps a greater detail in the information would be convenient, however that was compensated through its excellent technical support.

Guillermo O.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

UI Bakery is smooth and efficient

I needed a prototyping tool for new apps connected to datasource. UI Bakery allow me to do the job quick and easy. Tested some of the competition tools, this convinded me quick.

Pros

UI Bakery makes the design of UI straightfoward. Excellent technical support

Cons

Documentation, but they elegantly compensate with excellent support