Webex Events (Formerly Socio) Logo

Webex Events (Formerly Socio)

Easily build your custom branded mobile event app

Webex Events (Formerly Socio) Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.33/10

Reviews by rating

Socio is the perfect hybrid of do-it-yourself, but get as much support as you would like, option out there. It is very easy to build events and they give you all the support you need to be successful.
The thing that was frustrating about the software was during events.
Socio walked through the entire process with me, as a first time virtual conference planner, I was extremely nervous and unsure how to start or what to do.

SF

Samuel F.

Director of Operations

Education Management, 11-50 employees

First Time Socio User

Transcript

Samuel F.: My name is Samuel. I serve as the director of operations. The review I would give Socio is...

MP

Michele P.

Assistant Executive Director

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

College student leadership conference!

Transcript

Michelle: Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm the Assistant Executive Director. I give Socio five stars....

Eric G.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reeling in an Event ... Socio makes it possible

Fantastic!! The concept of Sales Agent...moving to CSM (Customer Success Manager...moving to online support makes for a hands-on experience between Socio and its clients.

Pros

There are many aspects to the Socio Event Platform. The two I like the most are its modularity (grab the components that you need) and the GUI interface makes the process easy. For example, sometimes you need registration, sometimes you don't. If you are required to use an outside registration source, Socio will work with you on developing the API to automatically bring in the reg data or there is an easy import feature. Flexibility is Socio's strength.

Cons

The platform was developed for events that are profit-based. So, the terminologies and behaviours tend to follow that profile. In an in-house corporate event, this sometimes creates sticking points with event planners...words like tickets, price and purchase are not applicable. The Socio team is aware of this and I expect to see this option added at a later date.

Hey Eric! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear that you have found our platform flexible, easy to use and that our passion for our customer's success is clear. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

MP

Michele P.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

College student leadership conference!

Overall, it was good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there when we had questions. However, I wish the training/onboarding was a little more robust. It was a lot of trail and error on our part trying to figure everything out. The platform was very easy to use for our attendees and overall they really enjoyed using something other than Zoom.

Pros

We used this for a college student leadership conference. The live-stream option with the chat, Q&A and polling was very professional. The integration of the wonder.me rooms for networking was a great tool for breakout (and the ability to have a breakout within a breakout. Having everything in one engaging platform was something that our attendees really enjoyed.

Cons

The integration of the wonder.me rooms was a little tough at the beginning. There were also issues within the conference that people who get dropped from the room and had to get back in. Overall, it ended up fine but just had a few glitches.

Hey Michele! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Very excited to hear that your attendees enjoyed the platform! We have passed your feedback to our Customer Team to look at improvements for the onboarding process. You also mentioned some feedback on the Wonder.me rooms. We are excited to share that this spring we will be releasing our own Video Topic Rooms and 1:1 Video Conversations. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Aloysius R.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Lacks features, there are better applications.

It's ok, we can get through the meeting but the features that we were hoping to have didn't work as we thought.

Pros

That you can create breakout sessions through this.

Cons

You can't share audio, sharing changes your font, a lot of bugs and instability in the application.

Hi Aloysius! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the honest feedback. We are sorry to hear that the platform has been buggy and unstable for you. We've shared this feedback with our product team to look into. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance or have any questions!

CH

Christy H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ready for our Event!

Pros

We are pleased with the ability to tailor the event to the structure of our event. We are able to feature our sponsors, without whom our event would not be possible! The entering of agenda, presentations and presenters is user friendly to add via spreadsheet or one at a time. Honestly we are all volunteering to put on this conference and we don't have a great deal of time to explore and research every last function option. The Socio team has been great at listening to what we want and offering suggestions.

Cons

We would have liked to be able to use wonder a bit differently. We wanted the capacity to have round tables, use wonder to offer them, limit the amount of people and pre-register ahead of the conference. We don't really want people in one Round Table to jump to another one. Some of that was possible, but not all of it and in the end we went another route, just adding the Round Tables to the agenda.

Hi Christy! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you found a lot of positives with the platform and our team's services. The greatest thing to hear is that Socio made things easy when building out a conference for which you were volunteers. We also want to let you know that we now have Video Rooms available! Check them out for the next time you want to host roundtables. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you!

PP

Peter P.

Music, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great Experience with Socio

The entire experience, from the initial sales demo to the post-event wrap-up was superb. Again, the support was outstanding, and the personal service made us feel valued as customers.

Pros

We used Socio as the platform for our annual national conference when the pandemic forced us to transform our in-person event into a virtual one. We sought a solution that would work seamlessly with Zoom, allow for replay of our sessions, and drive networking (something very important to our attendee base). Socio met our needs very well. It was intuitive on the admin end to set up and flexible enough...

Cons

The issues we had with the software have mostly been addressed in recent releases. In the version of the software we used, it was not possible for attendees to network via their desktops or tablets -- they had to use these features on their mobile devices; however, the latest version allows for networking on both types of devices. We were disappointed that it was not possible to embed Zoom livestreams but Socio has now created their own integrated streaming solution that we will solve this for us in the future.

AA

Ashley A.

Political Organization, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

In the busy world of Marketing, Webex (Socio) helps simplify the event management!

Easy, simple, more features than we actually use but I like that their are so many possibilities.

Pros

The customer service response time , set up ease, and the one-stop shop factor! We direct all of our attendees to the app when running our conference.

Cons

n/a Anything I haven't liked or thought could be better I have made known to the support team and they have added it to their hopper for discussion. Some things have actually been updated and rolled out.

Ashley, thank you for sharing your feedback! We're thrilled to hear of all the ways Webex Events has improved the event planning and attendee experience for your events. It's great that you've been able to create a customized and engaging experience, in a simple, intuitive fashion. We're also so happy that you've experienced how we strive to listen to customers and continuously deliver highly requested features in our product roadmap. Thank you for choosing Webex Events and we look forward to continuing to be your one-stop shop for all of your event needs.

AT

Aaron T.

Music, 1-10 employees

Amazing Features. Easy Integration. Responsive Staff.

Pros

Integration of Socio into our organization has been so smooth. From our sales contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to our CSM, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], every person I come into contact with at Socio is so eager to help with our needs and strategize for the best way to incorporate Socio features into our programs.

Cons

Nothing negative to say at this moment! It would be great to see the agenda and speaker pages from the Socio platform be incorporated into the registration page.

Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind words and special shoutouts to the team. We also appreciate the feedback and have passed it along to our Product Team. We admire all of the hard work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you.

MF

Michael F.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy choice for events

It is hard to find things to dislike about socio; I didn't love the switch to restream as their 'in-house' streaming option, but it is still crazy easy to use. You can get lost in the levels of an event in the application builder as it gets as complicated as you would expect when making virtual events.

Pros

The support team at Socio is one of the best I've worked with by a mile. They know their product inside and out; if you're doing something atypical to accommodate some wild requests, then this team can make it happen. My company has used Socio for in-person event support with mobile apps, Hybrid streaming, and entire virtual conferences. Easy to use for any user, and it comes with a phenomenal support team to make sure things go smoothly. Reporting features are great and they seem to be releasing new features or products constantly, simply put- it makes me look good when we put on events.

AM

Alvaro M.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Great for one time events and also to develop a community with our members around de globe

Great, they attend every time I need, only by chat but they always help to resolve my needs

Pros

Easy to set up, manage and update, its great to encourage interaction and to have all in one place things for a one time or a repetitive event

Cons

A little expensive but you can translate this cost if you have at least 50 costumers/members, some of the functions are limited lake the Q&I option, the steaming service its very expensive and limits you to the app only. they charge a lot for any extra thing you want, like a lot!!!

Hi Alvaro. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that you found the platform easy to use and engaging. We try to keep our pricing fair, so rest assured that your comments in regards to cost will be given to our sales team to review. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you!

TJ

Teri J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Everyone Should Use This!

The team that supports me is amazing! I have LOVED using this and tell everyone I know that this is the best! It is truly worth it. The support staff quickly responds to any question I have and the team offers fun and exciting suggestions and advice to help me make the most of my event.

Pros

I love that this software allows me to keep all the pieces of the virtual event in one place, also allowing me to keep my attendees in one place. It's truly a virtual venue. I coordinate events for a wide range of attendees, some less comfortable with technology than others. Using SOCIO allowed me to meet everyone's needs with simple each to follow instructions. I love the announcements let me send out information quickly to everyone or select groups of attendees without clogging their inbox with multiple messages. I also love that the platform is quick and easy to update and make changes on the fly. I could easily add areas to meet the needs of speakers, attendees, and sponsors. My sponsors loved being able to engage and share with attendees.

Cons

We used Zoom for the video broadcast which provided some limitations and glitches, on the Zoom end. Some guests love the Scavenger Hunt, but others found it challenging to understand. I also had some guests complain that they did not know to swipe on the screen to see more options, adding something to the software to make this more apparent would be helpful.

SF

Samuel F.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

First Time Socio User

All in all, socio was a great platform to use for our largest ever educational program in our organization's history! The customer support staff was great and responsive and all users enjoyed the platform. Looking forward to using it again!

Pros

Socio is a very user-friendly program on both the front end and back end for both users and administrators. It was very easy to add our organization's branding to everything on the platform. The live streaming service was easy to navigate and manage. They have a wide range of accessibility features to make the platform accessible to a wide variety of users.

Cons

I think going into our sales pitch we were under an impression that the breakout rooms feature would be an already integrated program incorporated into socio. However, we were redirected to a third party wonder.me to satisfy that need. Wonder.me is a fairly new program that has incredible potential but there is still a lot to be desired and took some time getting used to. Another piece that I wish would have been included is an included push notification or email function to send users emails who had not registered their account yet. Socio does have a registration platform however if you do your registration through your own CRM database or a third party you have to export a list and email them personally rather than having it baked all in one.

Hi Samuel! It's wonderful to hear that you and your users enjoyed the platform. We thrive off of feedback as well, so rest assured that yours has been given to the Product Team. We appreciate your hard work and look forward to continuing to work with you!

KB

Kaylin B.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy to use!

We loved working with Socio. Our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was excellent at communicating with us and answering questions quickly. Her advice helped us make the experience the best we could and we received a number of compliments on the quality of each event and experience.

Pros

My organization was in need of a virtual platform for two very different events in 2020 - the first was an annual awards celebration and the second was a half day conference with two tracks of content. We found Socio perfect for both uses. The ability to have a custom app design allowed us to craft a perfectly customized experience that felt aligned with the overall quality level the event attendees...

Cons

Looking back, the major issues that we ran into were instances of user error rather than software errors. We waited a bit too long to take certain steps which caused a time crunch and our attendees did not follow instructions which also led to the need for improvisation.

MK

Megan K.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Webex was the best platform we could have chosen (and we trialed many!)

We have only used Webex as a virtual platform, so I would say the biggest issue we solved is Sponsorship Benefits. The sponsorship benefits on Webex was absolutley incredible - something you can't accomplish holding a conference via Zoom or even other virtual event platforms! We would also like to use Webex for hybrid or in-person events and use their other features (QR codes, lead generation, etc). We know how valuable these features are, and knowing how easy the interface of Webex is to use, we may end up switching from our current provider.

Pros

The build out process was phenomenal, and the support was constant. The backend has support 24/5 with immediate response times, and the Socio Knoweledge Base was extremely helpful and instrumental in helping me with the build-out. The features that are included are incredible, and I love that it's also mobile friendly!

Cons

There were some issues with the video rooms, but it was on the user end.

BM

Brenna M.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Outstanding support and customer service

Socio has allowed ParentMap to continue to host our resource fairs throughout the pandemic when in-person events were not possible. Our audience relies on these events for their families and Socio has allowed us to continue to provide these resources to our audience when they probably needed it the most. Many attendees have commented that they prefer our virtual events over in-person because the virtual events accommodate their busy schedules. Sponsors also see the value added in participating in our virtual events because their virtual booths continue to get attendee traffic event after the event concludes.

Pros

Socio is very user friendly and their support team is easily accessible and available for help when needed. Socio is visibly appealing to attendees and easy to navigate as an attendee. Socio's team is customer service focused and every person I've worked with there is upbeat and always willing to go the extra mile to answer questions and find solutions.

Cons

Socio is frequently making improvements to their product and adding or upgrading features. There are a couple things on my own personal wish list of things I would like to see at our virtual events, but I'm sure Socio's team is already working on these. Such as a more robust filter system and more customization options for virtual sponsor booths. Both of these features have been upgraded since we started using Socio. I know Socio's team is always looking for ways to improve their client's events.

Hey Brenna. Thank you for such a flattering review! Caring for our customers is of top priority to us, so we are elated to hear that our team has taken such great care of you and your event needs. As you know, we are always looking to improve so we will certainly give your feedback to our product team so they can work their magic. It's wonderful to hear that your attendees have had such a positive experience with virtual events! We hope we can continue to serve you and your event needs. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you.

AO

Amy O.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Amazing Value in Virtual Meetings

Terrific, amazing, highly satisfied!

Pros

When my conference and meeting clients either canceled or moved to virtual delivery on their events in early 2020, I immediately began researching companies who could support a virtual conference platform. I interviewed and demoed at least 7-10 virtual meeting providers. Most providers had issues - they were either very expensive ($30k +), self-contained (no user updates), or lacked some piece of programming...

Cons

The new Socio Room feature is great, but I would love to see it expanded to accommodate more people in a networking type environment. Right now, we recommend exhibitors use Zoom in their virtual exhibit rooms for networking meetings.

Hi Amy. Thank you so much for your kind review! We are elated to hear that you enjoyed our platform so much and the customer support teams. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you!

NM

Nicole M.

Loving Socio!

Overall my experience has been great. This is our organizations first time using an event software (mostly because of the covid world that we live in currently) but after much research and with socio's help, we are learning hybrid and virtual events are here to stay so they are such a blessing and great investment for us. They are defiantly going to elevate our events and meetings in the future.

Pros

The software has been so user friendly. You can build out your event in no time with lots of options for customization. There are a lot of event software that offer similar products but from the beginning socio stood out for our organization, mostly because of there customer service. It is amazing that during any time i can ask a questions ( (no matter how big or small) in the chat on socios webpage...

Cons

To be honest , everything that was difficult or had a hard for me was solved with a quick help chat. They answer you questions with articles, step by step instructions, screen shots of solutions etc.

Hello and thank you for the incredibly flattering review! At Socio, we genuinely care about our customers' success. We are obsessed with providing our customers the greatest experience possible and your review lets us know that we are on the right track! We appreciate all the work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you.

Jihane R.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Just what we needed for our virtual meeting

customer service was outstanding and responded to my questions in a very timely manner!

Pros

When we switched for Virtual Meetings due to the pandemic, we wanted a platform that was easy to use for our members who are not very tech savvy and Socio provided that and more. We were able to have a virtual exhibit hall that attendees actually visited and sponsors found it very useful. I would recommend Socio for many reasons but the main one being their outstanding customer service.

Cons

Not having the ability to have Sponsors populate their own booth information. that took time on our part.

Hi Jihane! Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your attendees found the platform easy to use! As for the sponsor booths, that is a fantastic idea and we have passed it on to our product team for consideration. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

CN

Charlie N.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Great Product!

Wonderful experience. I look forward to using again.

Pros

One of the main issues we have had with other software was the confusion or difficulty our attendees had longing. But that wasn't a problem with Socio, all our users logged in with ease and had a great experience.

Cons

I can't think of anything specific. Of course there is always room for updates and I look forward to seeing what the Socio team comes up with.

Hey Charlie, thanks for taking the time to review Socio! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and that your attendees were able to easily access everything If you do have specific suggestions for the Socio platform, please do let us know. We're always looking to expand and improve our platform, and feedback is really important for us! We look forward to powering your future events

YH

Yongmei H.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Super easy-to-use and super helpful event app

We use it to assist our physical events, mainly for delegates to connect with each other before the event, visit sponsors virtual booths, and we make announcements about the event in the App. We upload event materials onto the App so the delegates can download delegate list, onsite guide. So we didn't even print event guides and saved printing costs.

Pros

The app is very easy to set up, implement and use. The layout is clear, straightforward and logical and easily customised. The support is 7/24 and very fast. The support team know their subject matter inside out so whatever my questions or issues are, they offer the right answer and help and very quickly and easily all my questions or issues are solved. Some of our delegates are most interested in the App too. They tested inside the App and found it very comprehensive and suit their purpose. So they are going to use it too.

Cons

Nothing really. Everything is perfect and super perfect!

JG

Jessicca G.

Music, 11-50 employees

Very Happy with Webex

Webex is creating a space where I can stay organized and see all my event information in one spot.  As most people in the events world knows, the best thing you can get is more time.  They are giving me back time!

Pros

I have been using Webex (formerly Socio) for over a year and a half.  Now I'm very familiar with most of its capabilities, but when I started to use the platform or when I find something new, someone from the Webex help desk is always ready and willing to help me.  They are easy to communicate with, easy to contact, and give detailed instructional help.

Cons

The only issue we have run into is when an attendee that has been to several of our events, uses different emails to register. Webex tends to remember the last email they used, and then tell the attendee they are not registered. I wish there was a way for the attendee to change the email they registered with, or see what email Webex has defaulted to.

Package Deal - More improvements coming

Pros

We got the Orange Glove package that allowed Socio staff to walk us through every step of the planning and setup process. Even though we were delayed in the timeline they gave us, they still supported us each step of the way. The software is easy to use.

Cons

Our workshop moderators were really nervous about the chat and Q&A feature during sessions. Socio was new to most of our attendees, but we were offered numerous opportunities to practice and become comfortable before our event. Additionally, Socio has not yet integrated Closed Captioning within StreamYard. Due to this we had to use Zoom with CC for some of our larger sessions. Looking forward to that additional feature in the future.

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. The virtual events planning process can certainly be overwhelming, but we are elated to hear that our services team was able to support and guide you along the way. We are also very excited to let you know that the ability to include closed captioning has just been added! Hopefully you get a chance to try it out at your next event. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you!

KE

Kevin E.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use behind-the-scenes platform to create something great.

Socio was new for my company and we were given little time to learn and onboard admins and users. Even though we had little time, one of our team members was able to spend enough time and teach me (and share recordings from time with Socio's onboarding team, which was awesome) and because the platform is very easy to use, I was able to learn what I needed to and use the knowledge docs to find answers quickly. Along with that, whenever I had a question, help was just a click away and were enjoyable to work with providing quick answers, tips, and solutions with fun and engaging attitudes.

Pros

I love Socio's ease of use from a backend standpoint. Compared to another company we used in the past for some similar features, Socio's platform was intuitive, fun, and expansive. I was able to accomplish all that I and my design team wanted and the ability to upload content from a spreadsheet was a huge timesaver. This was a great product that allowed me to set up something great for our attendees to experience our event well.

Cons

The thing that was frustrating about the software was during events. Having to navigate between multiple windows / screens to find problems or glitches and then solve them on the backend was a bit cumbersome. I'm not sure how to go about resolving that as the views are quite different, but it was most helpful to have multiple screens to relieve any friction my users experienced.

Hey Kevin! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are delighted that you were able to successfully transition your event to virtual using our platform. It's very exciting to hear that you found the platform so easy to use and that our additional resources were beneficial as well. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you!

RH

Rachel H.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Life Saver and Game Changer

The customer service was amazing. Every meeting I was on, they were attentive and engaging and had ideas to help make our event great.

Pros

The ease at which we are able to integrate a lot of great features for our members so that we can provide the quality of CLE programs that they expect. During COVID, socio helped us so that our event didn't skip a beat and we were able to keep the fun, energy, and excitement that we would have had in an in-person event, virtually. Socio definitely gave us the ability to allow our members to customize their conference experience. If you want to attend in person, you can. If you want to watch from home, you can. And if you want to do a combination of the two, you can. Socio really helped us to meet the needs of pretty much all of our members.

Cons

I am not sure that we had any personal dislikes with socio, we just would have preferred to have had our event in person which wasn't their fault. But it added a great addition to this year's hybrid event and made it so that people could choose.

Hey there Rachel! Thanks so much for taking the time to review Socio. We're thrilled to hear that you were easily able to integrate what you needed into the Socio platform! It's also great to hear that our team was able to help you be successful in your event during COVID. If you do ever have any feedback for us on the platform or otherwise, we're always looking to expand our features and would love to hear your feedback! Thank you for the effort you put into your event, we hope to continue helping you power events with Socio!

KM

Kayleigh M.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Very highly recommended!

Socio has been fantastic! Their customer service is top notch, they answer emails promptly, and answer the chat within a reasonable time. The back end set up is easy to use and very customizable, our attendees have been very impressed with the app!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to customize

Cons

There were some minor issues in using Zoom with the software but they figured out an easy work around and the users don't notice a difference.

Hi Kayleigh! Thank you for your very complimentary review. We are elated to hear that the Customer Team was able to take care of you so well and even help with the Zoom hiccup. We appreciate your hard work and look forward to continuing to work with you!

NA

Neda A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Socio Virtual Communites

Overall the experience has been great and has helped our partners and users continue accessing their programs

Pros

We use the virtual communities to replicate our programs for students and we've loved that we're able to share industry and college information with them while using the different exhibit pages, and have a live calendar and the video rooms. Students are able to complete workshops and visit different pages.

Cons

we're hoping for an update on the calendar feature to help make it more user friendly and it would be great to have a landing page for the website access to the communities similar to what is available on the app.

Hi Neda! Thanks so much for your review. We are excited to hear that you enjoy many aspects of our Communities. There are definitely some new updates in the works, so stay tuned! We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you.