Camp & Class Manager Logo

Suggested alternatives

sawyer
jumbula
campminder

The support from Active employees as well as the user friendly software. The initial walk thru and set up with a capable instructor from Active was key to our success.
I really enjoy the ease with which I could set up my program. Billing and registration is super smooth.
I love the overall ease of navigation and ability to manage multiple sessions and seasons.
They did not complete our set up until the day before it went live- which was completely ridiculous.
The pop up adds have bothered some of our customers.
The problem is they don't want to send you the registration money. My first remittance payment wasn't sent and I had to bring it to there attention.

SB

Sue B.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Great Time Saver

Our overall experience is positive. We have looked into other systems, but we really like Active Camps's many features.

Pros

Camp and Class Manager helps to keep our record-keeping organized and stress-free. We have made the various fields of information work for us in our educational setting, not just our summer camp program. From a monthly registration system point of view, this product is an amazing time saver and organizer.

Cons

The Membership area is a bit confusing because we are not able to get monthly deposit income easily from the members, but there is a workaround we have created. If there were a not-for-profit discount, it would be even more amazing.

JO

Jeffrey O.

A Loyal Customer

Customer service is why I stay. The help I received in setting this up for YPI was excellent.

Pros

YPI has been using Camp & Class Manager since it's inception. Customer service has been great in helping to overcome the initial obstacles of setup and reports. I have been approached but other services but remain loyal to Active because of their willingness to listen to suggestions.

Cons

There are still some data that I cannot retreive easily but overall I have figured our workarounds, I wanted to work with promotions but each of the programs did not work for us.

JL

Jessica L.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

I strongly dislike this product

Pros

There are not a lot of pros. Once information is inputted, you can generally customize a report to get the data you need.

Cons

It is clunky and difficult to use, customer support is non-existent, and we are unable to help our customers problem solve issues with our accounts. Emails don't get sent out randomly, making it impossible to use for communication with our classes.

Hi Jessica, I am so sorry ACTIVE has not provided you with the exceptional experience that you deserve. Would you kindly reach out to me directly? I am the new Sr. Director of Marketing and I can get you in touch with the right people to get your concerns heard and addressed. My direct email is christina.weitzel@activenetwork.com. We have a new leadership team here at ACTIVE, and we are making many changes to become a more client-centric organization. Thank you for your candid feedback, Christina Weitzel Sr. Director of Marketing

BJ

Bailey J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Amazing customer support

Pros

I got thrown into my position and we were already using Active. When I had any questions, I knew I could always get help from the customer service reps. They've been amazing in the 2+ years our business has used this program.

Cons

I do wish it was more straightforward and user-friendly on both administrator and student views. As well as the ability to add pictures for different classes or sessions. Anything nowadays needs to be visual in my opinion.

DJ

Diana J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Hope Haven review

Good, beginning was so user friendly for both management and participants.

Pros

Ability to watch registrations closely and mark important information.

Cons

The Inability to reach uploaded documents easily.

SS

Stacie S.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Works for us!

Pros

The ease of marking attendance and the new waitlist feature.

Cons

Sometimes parents have a hard time logging in to make payments and we find it hard to walk them through things since our admin side looks different then theirs.

MM

Megan M.

Active is very user friendly. I enjoy setting up new seasons and curtailing the details to my needs

Pros

I love the fact that no matter what type of program I'm setting up, whether it is summer camp or an after-school activity, I can create the registration to fit my needs. Being able to design the registration allows for a streamlined report running process. Active's customer service is attentive and has answered of all my questions and more! Sometimes, I'm given multiple answers and I'm able to pick the one that works best for our programs.

Cons

The Active program could benefit from not always reverting back to the default when running reports.

Thank you for the review Megan, it's great to hear that our customer service team has been so helpful for you. Be sure to follow us on Facebook if you aren't already for even more helpful content like videos and how-to guides: https://www.facebook.com/letstalkcamps/

LH

Lindsay H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Camp + Class Manager, my favorite co-worker

I have been with active for over 12 years, I love their customer service, their software, and their dedication to bringing healthy lifestyles to people all over. It's a wonderful company.

Pros

I like that once the initial set up is done, I can update everything myself. I love the ease of being able to change things on the fly, pull reports, and see the data I need.

Cons

I have a hard time when reconciling the finances at the end, but that could be user error as well.

BS

Barry S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

College Use

Some learning curve but now used to it for weekly use.

Pros

Once you get used to the software, it is easy to use.

Cons

There are several features that are very confusing.

KF

Kathy F.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Active review

I have used this in our office for several years, makes working camps so much easier and effective and we are able to access information quicker and easier than ever.

Pros

Easy to use, quick and user friendly for campers and parents.

Cons

Can't really thing of anything negative- overall easy and quick.

HP

Hannibal P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

ActiveKids a very reputable solution to an afterschool language program such as ours!

Pros

As a Language School, we are in the business of maximizing enrollments and are accredited. ActiveKids has allowed us to streamline our processes and grow. It is much more than a CRM, it is a registrant-only archive that bears our growth chart over the years!

Cons

We sometimes have to hand hold registrants in the ACTIVEKIDS enrollment process when they are not savvy enough oomph to do it on their own.

AC

Adam C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Camp Manager Review

Pros

Registration and reports are fairly easy to use once you get an understanding of the product

Cons

Use of the product, terminology and customization can be quite complicated at times

SS

Stephanie S.

Sports, 201-500 employees

Active Newtork for Camps

Pros

I like that everything is online. I love that you can transfer registrations, issue refunds, and compare camp seasons.

Cons

There is not an easy way to set up team camp registration.

SM

Shalini M.

Review of Active Camp Manager

Good. Serves our purpose. Needs some enhancements.

Pros

Manages large number of registrations. Good reports. Ease of use.

Cons

I have submitted some enhancements, please do consider those.

BJ

Benjamin J.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

ACTIVE NETWORK IS GREAT!

We saved probably $2,000 in man hours the first summer we used it. Now that everything is setup we going to save even more money. Also out accountants really like the way the money is handled and it improved out audit scores. Which was really nice!

Pros

Our team liked that the software is designed for camps programs. So many programs are trying to sell you something that was designed to register college students, or volunteers for company out reach days. ACTIVE knows camps and there support people know camps so they are able to really meet our needs as large camping programs.

Cons

The pop up adds have bothered some of our customers. Active was AMAZING to remove the request for camp insurance because it did not work with our program. This was more than I could have hoped for. They have always done what they say they will do. Also the fee is low so I can't complain to much...

CS

Charles S.

Active Camps software

Has become indispensable to our operations

Pros

We have used Active for our camps programs for many years, and are very pleased with its functionality, reliability, speed and support

Cons

There is a learning curve; not unexpected given the complexity of the functionality

WC

Warren C.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Saves time easy to use

Pros

It has really saved a lot of time and made the organization more efficient. The software is easy to use

Cons

Our customers had a bit of an issue switching to this system bit once on It all is good.

Thanks you for the review, we are happy to hear that your organization is saving time and becoming more efficient using Active Camp and Class Manager. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and keep a look out for exciting new releases.

AB

Ashley B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Effective Solution

Pros

This software is a big step up from our previous camp and class management system. The financial reporting feature is especially helpful because you can customize reports and pull income by GL code for your accountant. The waitlist feature is a lifesaver - no more paper waitlists!

Cons

I wish that the email history on customer pages actually included ALL the emails sent to an individual/family. They are improving but I've found quite a few bugs since using this system.

MM

Mike M.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Ease of Registration

Simple and practical for customers and administrators. Ease of registration for families and access to great reports for our staff.

Pros

Easy for customers to use. Simple easy access reporting.

Cons

That I did not start using it sooner. I am completely satisfied with the system.

Clinton S.

Sports, 11-50 employees

SPoT Loves Active Camps

Secure payments and mobile friendliness sealed the deal.

Pros

Mobile friendliness was a huge feature that we needed for our camp software. Active allowed us to be mobile friendly right out of the box.

Cons

The email section would benefit from a mail to non-openers after a campaign has been sent.

Thank you for the 5-star review Clinton, we're happy that our native mobile capabilities could be such a game-changer for you.

Randy S.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Very easy for college camps

I run all of our camps through ACTIVE Camps. It gives me all the reports I need to satisfy NCAA and university regulations.

Pros

Its really to set up and run all of my camps through ACTIVE Camps.

Cons

Once you figure out where all the features are, adding additional camps is really easy.

Thanks for the 5-star review Randy, it's great to hear we've been able to help you with reporting and compliance!

SM

Stephane M.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Great software for sports camps registrations

mobile friendly, speed, ease to use from customers.

Pros

mobile friendly, speed, security, ease of use for database, easy set up, fast payments, great customer service and support.

Cons

need more flexibility in the system, as it is recent it will happen in the next few months. More options needed with multiple camps.

LL

Lynn L.

Used other for 2+ years

Helpful but could offer more

Would be helpful if I could form reports needed. Also needs to be more user friendly for clients. We continue to hear that when navigating the registration the directions are not always clear.

Pros

After working with Active Works for three years it has become easy and efficient to use. Finally able to cut back on paperwork.

Cons

Not easy to extrapolate information from client data submitted.

KC

Krysten C.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Got the job done

Pros

Once you got used to the system, it was easy to communicate with the different families for each of the camps.

Cons

It was difficult to implement a monthly payment system. This system did not have that function.

BF

Bennard F.

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Active from an Accounting Perspective

It has been a very pleasant experience especially when it comes to customer service.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the robust reporting, and easy-to-understand reports. I also like how customer service is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

I wish it was easier to create custom reports particularly on accounts receivable.