Camp & Class Manager Logo

BF

Bennard F.

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Active from an Accounting Perspective

It has been a very pleasant experience especially when it comes to customer service.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the robust reporting, and easy-to-understand reports. I also like how customer service is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

I wish it was easier to create custom reports particularly on accounts receivable.

HD

Heather D.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Active was so great helping me get set up. It has reduced my paperwork, time spent and my headaches!

Pros

Ease of use in features. Active has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. They answered all my questions quickly and efficiently. They walked me through all I needed to know.

Cons

I would love to have a daily attendance feature. It is so helpful to know how many campers I am going to have each day. It also helps for capacity totals.

Heather, we love hearing how our solution helps save time and effort, so thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. We share these with our product development team and always strive to deliver new and innovative ways to help our customers. Thank you again!

CW

Chris W.

Sports, 1-10 employees

ACTIVE

Excellent! Made my life easier and camp run smoother.

Pros

The ease in which I could make changes, find information and make decisions.

Cons

Took me awhile to understand the reports feature and make custom reports.

EB

Erika B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

ACTIVE Camps ROCKS!

Pros

It is very user-friendly. When I took over this organization, I was given no instructions on how anything worked. ACTIVE Camps was easy to self-learn!

Cons

There is no survey feature to send to parents of participants.

EK

Erica K.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Gets the job done, but isn't user-friendly

Overall, a pretty good experience, but with some frustrations with the user interface. Clunky moving from page to page & not very intuitive displays for registrations/cancellations re: finances.

Pros

Camp set up is self-explanatory & straightforward.

Cons

The financial interface when issuing refunds, etc. for families; Difficulty navigating as an admin & for parents

CH

Christopher H.

Solid system for camps; TERRIFIC Customer Support!

Tremendous customer service!

Pros

The ability to manipulate information and use it for our needs is very useful. The site is very easy to navigate.

Cons

There are occasional setting changes that I have to request help for (help which is provided almost immediately!)

Thank you for the 5-star review Christopher, it's great to hear that our team has been so helpful! We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback - Gig 'Em!

Online Media, 11-50 employees

ActiveNet's Camp and Class Manager

The greatest benefit of Camp and Class Manager is how our campers' parents and guardians can use their "device of choice" (the cell phone) to register their kids. The second greatest is how the system enables us to create and manage our own registration procedure. We are not computer wizards, and this application has been carefully designed so we can "build it ourselves."

Pros

Our church summer camp found this application very suitable to its needs and those of our campers. Lots of flexibility (but not too much) in the set-up. Very few parents and guardians had difficulty with the procedure. It also has permitted us to create the reports which we and our staff need to keep track of campers' dietary, supervision, and medical requirements.

Cons

I have no difficulties with the software.

KP

Kelly P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Active Camps

Real time data from registration to forms filled out. Families register earlier in the season

Pros

Customer service and ease of using the product.

Cons

Some limitations with reports and financial reports.

hk

helena k.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Extended day program

Pros

it was easier for my parents to register the child for the program by using the software.

Cons

to find the right phone number to make a phone call for customer service. also, to follow up with help i needed in the past.

JG

Jennifer G.

1-10 employees

Simple, effective and compatible

Pros

I like that it was very easy to set up with very little to no training. I also like that a chat head pops up when you appear to be having problems.

Cons

We some times have issues with parents finding the forms on their end that need to be filled out. A way we figured out to bypass this issues is have the attachment go out with the confirmation email.

Matt A.

11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Parents were asking me for an online registration option and Active has met their needs.

Lots of report options from the administration stand point. Lots of good compliments from the users.

Pros

Customer service is top notch. Active has made announcements about software development options and actually followed through on those developments all the while listening to their clients.

Cons

It's a hard problem to solve, but I'd like to see a way to integrate their software with our membership database that would allow Museum members to have special access to classes and rates that would not require them to remember a pin or code.

Thank you for the 5-star review Matt, it's great to hear that you're getting such good feedback from users and parents alike. We look forward to more years of helping you deliver results!

CN

Chira N.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Long-Time Active User

Pros

Easy to transfer registrant between sessions; easy interface to use; able to create new program sessions on your own

Cons

Does not store necessary additional information - waivers, medical info, etc; cannot merge duplicate participant accounts

DF

Denise F.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Excellent Product

The is a time saver for our staff and a convenience for our registrants! We know that our class revenues will increase due to the ease of signing up for programs on this system.

Pros

We are happy with the ease of use for our registrants, as well as our staff on the back end. The system is very efficient and also allows our instructors to access class lists, etc. saving our staff a lot of valuable time!

Cons

There have been no negative aspects in using this software.

MI

Mahmoud I.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Camp Management Review

My experience was very impressive at first time but some thing like tips and guide have to be mainly in this website to make it easer for the client and not get borred fastly

Pros

- flexible with all kind of user - mobile friendly - multiple payment options

Cons

- promotions and discounts are very rare - hard to start for the first time client - UI is good but UX have to be better - not multi languages

SD

Sharif D.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Pros

The software has a good interface for quicker navigation

Cons

Software is expensive to use to pay per month

Good tool for allowing online registration, having reports, but a bit pricey.

Pros

The ability to have online registration for events almost immediately. I've found the reports on financials and sign ups helpful as well. They also try and get extra signups for our events.

Cons

The signup process for attendees isn't the smoothest process in this day and age. It's also pretty expensive to have them process your payments.

RS

ROBERT S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Excellent product

Extremely happy that I have switched from paper applications to active network.

Pros

The convenient of having all of my campers information in one place and keeping it organized. I am extremely happy to have started using this system.

Cons

I wish there was an app that worked with active. It would make things that much more convenient.

HM

Hannah M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Working with Active

Good experience, so we will keep using Active for their Camp and Class Manager.

Pros

The ability to format and adjust forms and manage camp information is vital and easy to do through Active.

Cons

Options for the parent/chaperone could be a bit smoother.

Ryan R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to manage growing database!

Pros

We have a weekend long event twice a year with over 120 guests and 100 volunteers. We use Active Camps each time which makes it possible to pull information and manage our database with ease!

Cons

Exporting to excel makes it a bit confusing. It doesn't pull the right information at times. Not sure if it is user error or not.

BG

Benjamin G.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Active Camp and Class Manager Review

Pros

Makes the registration process for our camps very easy.

Cons

The finances once the camp is over are really hard to figure out. There isn't a lot of clarity in how it all works as far as the fees taken out and what our actual revenue is.

GT

GINNY T.

Sports, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

GSU FOOTBALL REVIEW

Customer service department and the sales team were super helpful in our transition. We appreciate all their hard work to ensure we were satisfied.

Pros

Those working in customer service were super helpful in helping me transfer files from Jump Forward camps to CCM. For that, I am thankful!

Cons

The only concern for us was how it would compared to JF camps, which we used for years. Once used to CCM, things get easier!

NB

Nick B.

big upgrade

Active brought my company out of the stone ages. I now spend less time generating reports and integrating my systems, and more time on marketing and operations! Plus, its far more accurate than what i was previously doing. My customers enjoy the quicker and easier registration process. I dont know why I put off this decision for so long!

Cons

Nick, thanks for taking the time to review our product. We're humbled by your comments and inspired every day by the work you do in making the world a more ACTIVE place! If there's anything we can do to make registration even easier for your customers or your business more effective, you know how to reach us!

BD

BOBBI-DAWN D.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great system to utilize online platform

Great platform for general public to register and purchase classes/tickets or events.

Pros

Easy for people to sign up from home. Efficient, and detailed booking information.

Cons

When we have had issues the support team wasn't the best.

AH

Adina H.

Good Software

Active makes our registration and collection process easier than it was with our old system. There are a few things I would change, such as being able to sort the kids or register them or limit registrations by birth year instead of birth date, age or grade, as everything in hockey is done by birth year. Its very easy to set programs up. I also wish we could send emails by "birth year" as that is how all hockey teams are set up.

Cons

Adina, thank you so much for taking the time to review our product and for the feedback on desired new features. We'll make sure to evaluate them for our roadmap. Stay tuned and thanks again!

KD

Keren D.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Active program has improved our camps

Camp registration accuracy has improved, detailed information is easily accessible.

Pros

The detailed information at my fingertips on reports as well as day to day activity.

Cons

Can be confusing at times. Would have liked more in depth training before starting.