Alma SIS Logo

Alma SIS Reviews - Page 4

NH

Neal H.

Very frustrating.

Pros

Some of the functions are user friendly but very few. There are very few. There are very few. there are very few.

Cons

Many of the features on the Alma Grade book are user unfriendly. It is clear that the programmers are not teachers, or that they do not attempt complete a tail run to enter grades with a mock class. The issues are too numerous to list here but they have been passed on to your team through our coordinator. Response from our feedback seems to consists of simply disregarding our concerns or "we're working on it" with few real resolutions.

I am sorry to hear that you find our gradebook not user-friendly! Most of our customers love our gradebook, especially since releasing the shortcut keys last year. I¿m sorry that our efforts are not meeting your expectations. Please email us, or better yet, message us through our in-app support. Our team uses this direct feedback to prioritize the improvements that we roll out on a weekly basis. We are always open to hear more about our users¿ experiences in order to make our product better.

MK

Marsha K.

New growing company willing to create a highly competitive program for all educational venues.

Pros

Clean and easy to navigate whether on the parent side or on the administrative side. Customer service is also quick to respond when we are in need.

Cons

Queries of information cannot be easily accessible unless requested. School families are unable to access their own personal information to edit. Families would also like to be able to see contact information for families within their child's class. It would be beneficial if families could email their student's parents just as teachers can so that they may plan for upcoming parties, field trips, etc. without contacting the school for names, emails, etc.

DA

Donna A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Alma

A lot of our files were in separate places (ie, paper copies, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) prior to Alma and now have been collated in one software. This has allowed for an increase in efficiency among staff. Alma has been very helpful in the onboarding process and very attentive and willing to help out as much as they can. With the ongoing pandemic, the customer engagement staff member assigned to us has reached out often and checked in regarding our process.

Pros

I really appreciate the user friendly interface of the software. Most of the features are very intuitive and whenever I have questions, the customer engagement team responds quickly and with direct answers. The software also facilitates data sharing among administrators, parents, and teachers.

Cons

I do think that they could improve in some of the fields and attributes that are designated to the student's bio. They can also add a way to integrate the fees component to Alma Start so that parents can make payments through their processes. I also think that in the student SIS, the picture icon could be made larger or if clicked on become a bigger picture. While they have made improvements for the medical section by adding the immunizations feature, they should probably expand on that by adding other fields.

AM

Aaron M.

Alma is for Educators

Alma has been a pleasure to work with. Their staff is friendly, hard working, and always available. With that combination, I don't know what else you could need out of a long term investment.

Pros

The overall ease of use is what sold us on Alma. It's intuitive and saves you clicks. The best part for me personally is how easy it is to look up where a student is currently located, in order to call their room and have them sent to the tech office for assistance or troubleshooting.

Cons

Alma is a growing company, and as a result, they have some things that needed work when we started. However, after less than a year of being their customer, we have already worked out the major kinks that are particular to how we run our school district and they continue to make adjustments to improve the overall functionality of the software to save time and effort of EVERYONE, not just admin and not just teachers.

TP

Tyler P.

I've been using alma daily for 3.5 as a teacher and find it to be incredibly user friendly.

As a teacher, alma makes it very easy for me to keep students and families up to date on student progress.

Pros

Alma's user interface is easy to navigate every step of the way - from taking attendance to posting and grading assignments to creating and publishing report cards. Features are easy to use and customizable by class. Their customer support team is consistently responsive to requests and does an effective job communicating and offering support for new features.

Cons

In the future, I'd love to see alma develop an app for mobile devices or a more user-friendly mobile version of the website.

TG

Tasha G.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Alma is a game changer for this school receptionist!

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate through Alma. Doing attendance is quick and easy, using the robo attendance phone call to parents saves me so much time. Running reports is easy. Literally everything you need is at your fingertips!! Customer service is also amazing, they are polite, they respond quickly and resolve all issues.

Cons

I don't have one single thing about Alma that I don't like. It's just so easy to use and convenient.

SC

SANDRA C.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

In my secretarial position training was minimal. I know there is more that I could be using.

Overall I am happy with things

Pros

Student records information. Ability to go from student to student quickly. So much info available on the bio page. Classes and times available on schedule.

Cons

Running some report. Labels, not sure when running labels which address Im going to get. Which parent address and the need to use the PO Box of the student. Also...when going to previous years the need to flip back to another year with the same student. Maybe if you could go back to previous years by students.

MT

Maggie T.

Charter School Use

Pros

Easiest platform for communicating with staff, students and families.

Cons

Setting up registration each year. Sometimes I would miss one small part and once parents started the process I couldn't go back and make adjustments.

AC

Anna C.

It has not been an easy transition, the program was difficult to learn and still causing issues.

Pros

I like how the homepage lists the classes that I teach that day.

Cons

Its hard to see if a student earns a credit before the end of the semester. I dislike how as a teacher you are not able to see if the student is absent when you are taking attendance.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. No matter the size of the school, learning a new system can slow you down. The good news is you've made it through the hardest part! Credit allocation for unique situations like yours are tricky. We have worked with your administration to find a process to accommodate those situations and ensure students are having their earned credits applied to the transcript at the appropriate time. As for the attendance, there is a check box on the attendance tab called "show school attendance" which will allow you to see the student's school attendance for the day. I hope that helps! Please contact support if you need any further guidance.

JD

Julia D.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Alma is easy to use, however I do not believe that it is a high school ready program.

Patience, resilence

Pros

It is very easy to use for basic information and was easy to use on day one. But I believe that the program is more of a elementary program than a high school program. It does not meet the needs of high school in the areas of report cards and reporting.

Cons

Training was poor. We could have used much more training especially on reporting. There is no in-depth reporting. Report card time is an extremely difficult process.

Thank you for your feedback, Julia. We are always available to provide additional training or answer questions. Please don't hesitate to contact us. Our report card solution is very flexible and robust, giving schools control over template changes and customizations. This can certainly lead to additional questions about the various configurations. Now that you've designed your report cards, you're able to use them again and again and make changes as you see fit. If you run into trouble, just let us know.

Josh E.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

All About That Alma

Pros

Alma has been a tremendous upgrade from our previous software. As a faculty and parent, I appreciate the ease of use which Alma brings to our staff and as a parent.

Cons

I am sure there are limitations to this software and at this time, it has been small things which our previous system did and our current system does not do. I am sure they will provide a way to get this updated.

YW

Yoselin W.

Super simple to Handel and navigate. Makes my life as a teacher easy.

Able to learn a universal program that could potentially be used at a different school.

Pros

I LOVE the new and easy way to submit grades. Easy few step process. Before there was a more complex way and now it's a simple three-step process to submit y'all my grades. I have group grades and I LOVE that it separates them by grade.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing negative. The whole system is consistently improving and making it that much easier for teachers to use in our short amount of time to submit grades for all of our classes.

RN

Rima N.

using ALMA has been convenient.

Pros

Finding all the information related to students all in one place. The student and parent portals are very useful aspects of ALMA. The ability to communicate, in bulk, with different groups. School announcements is a good feature. Alma Start is a potentially great service.

Cons

we are not able to use Arabic to enter information (we are a school in Lebanon, where Arabic is the official language) It would be a good idea to be able to share disciplinary incidents on the parent and/or student portals.

KT

Karyn T.

Awesome Program!

Pros: Price can't be beat; extremely user friendly; best customer service ever experienced - they listen to your needs and try to give you exactly what you want and they respond immediately; personal training for your school; help available by email and phone; product still being developed so as a customer you have a lot of input; live demo when deciding to use or not Cons: No accounting or student...

Cons

Hi Karyn, Thank you for the kind words! The good news is we will have a discipline feature available for next year! We will not have a full accounting tool next year but we are building a fee tracking tool. If there are other features that could benefit Pleasant Grove don't hesitate to let Karen know. We are always adding new features!

YS

Yaacov S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

An Education Driven Product!

Pros

I love the value. After looking into many products, we chose Alma because it was the only affordable program that offered true mastery based grading. Alma also has world class customer service. The interface is clean and always being developed. We recently ugraded our service plan because we are so happy with the program.

Cons

There are some features that I would like to see developed, but that is true of every software. Over time, they will develop those features.

CW

Christina W.

Excited for the future

Pros-Customer service is great. They work on updates almost every week as their product continues to grow and expand to meet the needs of school districts. Cons-They are developing the transcript and the scheduler component. That is why I rated overall as 4 star instead of 5.(I am a high school counselor). Ease of use is continuing to get better and better with each update they make. It's not that...

Cons

Hi Christina, Thank you for this valuable feedback! We are happy to hear that you and your parents are finding Alma easy to use. Thank you for trusting us to meet your scheduling and transcript needs - scheduled improvements are definitely on our roadmap in the months ahead! Kind regards, Kelly

CS

Cheri S.

Alma Review

I'm happy with the improvements are have been made. I'd like to see a seating chart for each class. The system could create it by abc's, age, boy/girl or randomly.

Pros

Can access on-line at home or work.

Cons

Lots of clicking. Must click many times to enter grades. I'd like to be able to 10 key.

Hi Cheri, Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your feedback! We agree that the ability to create a seating chart would be a great addition to Alma and the team is currently working on a way to make this possible in the near future. Again, thank you for your feedback! Best, Kelly

AS

Aimee S.

Student Information Systems

The customer services is amazing! Any questions I have I am able to reach out and they will problem solve and help me figure it out.

Pros

I like the ease of finding information for the students and being able to connect with the parents this way. Easy to pull reports that I can use to help with enrollment and decisions. Attendance tracking is very easy and great that parents can see the information up front.

Cons

It needs improvements on the messaging capabilities. Currently you are able to message through the software but you can't create drafts of messages or even have record of who you sent the message to or what messages were sent.

RS

Ryan S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Principal's opinion (who has used multiple SIS systems)

I have had the most postive experience dealing with the Alma staff. I work at an International school in Southeast Asia and they will regularly make time to chat online.

Pros

- I love the integration with google classroom. In this way it essentialy forms an SIS and LMS into one. - I love that the staff is so progressive and open to feedback. Really kind people with a passion for education are the type of people I want to work with - I love that they are constantly updating to make the product better based on the feedback of their customers - I love that it is so well laid out and easy to use. People who have used other SIS systems can certainly appreciate this.

Cons

- I would like to see the integration of performance rubrics that can be tied to the gradebook

CR

Carlos R.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Very useful and complete tool

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

The platform looks like a little bit old-fashioned

Thanks for the review, Carlos. We are proud to have created such a comprehensive, easy-t0-use, and intuitive tool for educators! Curious what you are comparing Alma's design to? We have never heard anything but praise for our clean and very modern design, so your comment has us a bit confused!

KH

Kevin H.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Moving to Alma from another SIS

Staff is in the process of learning how to perform their tasks in Alma as opposed to the previous SIS.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to manage. Tasks such as scheduling is easy and quick. The Alma Start module allows you to quickly set up processes for registering / approving and enrolling new students.

Cons

The documentation could be better. There is no one Administration guide to get all the answer from. A chat feature from support would be a great help to get an answer quickly for simple questions.

AW

Arlen W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Alma creates an easy work space

I would give this a 9 out of 10. It's a system that works for our attendance records and makes sharing it with the other staff easy.

Pros

Alma makes attendance keeping track of student records so simple. The way it puts it together in analytics format is also easy to use.

Cons

With multiple people using this system, it can be changed too easily. I have entered info in the system and admis had changed it. It should be a closed document when that day is over.

SM

SCOTT M.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Education

I have used the attendance feature to track when specific students are absent from school. It's nice to identify where the patterns are and try to fix them.

Pros

I enjoy using the attendance feature and Alma. I like the shortcut that has a "mark all" as present.

Cons

Designing report cards within the interface is a little tricky. I am on year three of using it and have now discovered that you can embed report card comments for later use. I like this feature.

NB

Natalia B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Alma is very user-friendly and intuitive!

Pros

I like that Alma has so many reports that I can generate to look at different aspects of the school such as progress reports, attendance, missing assignments, and so on. I also love how easy it is to create your own report card templates and create your own grading systems and monitor everything from one platform. Parent communication is also very easy!

Cons

I wish it kept the history of group messages I send. Also, it would be very useful to be able to view messages that teachers send to track school-home communication. I would love to see a better lesson planning feature offered.

M(

Martha (Sandy) C.

Customer support is immediately available-this is a reliable aspect of Alma and the reason I recomme

Excellent management of student information - excellence in parent communication through Alma.

Pros

Wide variety of features and uses - also, the immediacy of customer support - when we have suggested the need for new features, these options have been added

Cons

Occasional shut-downs due to updates - otherwise, I don't really think of aspects that I don't like. Our past experience with RenWeb was negative, so Alma is comparatively flawless.