Alma SIS Logo

Empower progress. Spark potential. www.getalma.com

Alma SIS Reviews - Page 7

KW

Katherine W.

Once you learn the system it is easy to use

Pros

Being able to grade one assignment for several subjects saves time. I grade one assignment in Religion, Social Studies and Literacy.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to read. I think it will be better if you could download the whole report directly from the site instead of waiting for them to runit for you..

Katherine, we are so pleased you are enjoying Alma's flexibility and ease of use. Thanks for the feedback too! While most of our reports are directly downloadable, a few require customer service attention to create. Always feel free to reach out for assistance. Our team is always here to help.

BH

Bill H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great software - they need a phone app

Pros

ease of use. very intuitive, easy to update. responsive staff

Cons

no phone app and the interface of the website on a phone is terrible. if i need to look up a parent's phone number on my phone it is really hard to do.

CM

Cari M.

Besides a few "quirks" at the beginning of the year, I've had no issues entering and looking up info

Pros

User friendly. Ease of looking up reports. Easy to enter information. Love the main page of each school, all basic information is on that page.

Cons

For state reports, we've had to work with Alma to get all the fields in for the reports to correctly extract, and that took some time. However, customer service has been very helpful and responds to my questions within 24 hours, sometimes even sooner. We have a Google spreadsheet set up where I can enter the problems as I come across them, and that has been a great tool for us to use.

kD

keranne D.

Alma made it so much easier to see my students grades in all of their subjects.

Checking grades from all teachers .

Pros

I like being able to access grades easily from our entire school. I can see problems and trends easily and contact parents to find solutions.

Cons

Entering in assignments one at a time. Tedious and repetitive. It would be easier if you could add multiple assignments that are pretty much the same but using different dates or points possible.

JS

Jonathon S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Constantly adapting to users needs

Pros

This software is easy to use and very asthically pleasing. It allows all aspects of the school (teachers, admin, students, and parents) to easily see progress and communicate. The staff is very knowledgeable and is helpful is showing you how to do things. They are also constantly adding new features to make the product even better.

Cons

The software is very user friendly and any “con” I have had has been taken into consideration by the company and they have made adaptations to meet the needs of my district.

Great Value!

Pros

ALMA is easy to use and easy to set up. New features are also added from time to time.

Cons

Non-American system schools might need some adaptation with the title, payment, etc.

ML

Michele L.

Alma is the best!

Alma is awesome. All of our staff can use it with ease and our parents can easily check on their student any time.

Pros

The ease of use and each new upgrade that Alma institutes.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the reports.

OZ

Olivine Z.

Review for Alma from a First Time Teacher

Pros

Calculating marks, organizing curiculum, making notes and comments about the student's marks are all bundled up into one interface. Compiles comments and report card creation onto one PDF that is simple to use.

Cons

Inputting assignments and assigning them manually is tedious. The "Save" button and "Submit for Review" button are both the same size despite the "Save" button being the more important one during report cards submissions.

Joseph S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Alma pros and cons

Pros

Entering assignments into multiple class periods was easy to use.

Cons

-Going from grade to grade vertically in the gradebook was not as easy as other programs -Other programs allow us to see when other kids are marked absent without having to open a new window -Comment for grade reporting is not easy to use -Syncing with Canvas has not been smooth

KF

Kirstine F.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

User Friendly

I've had very few issues with Alma, those I have had were easily answered by the office staff. Overall this is a great product fur use in schools.

Pros

Once a brief instruction had been given, this software is very easy to use. Customer support is always available if needed.

Cons

I would like to have the iron to automatically drop the lowest 10% of cw/hw grades. This feature is not yet available, which means I must manually search each student's grades and drop those grades myself... time consuming.

SC

Stephanie C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Ease of Use for Teachers

I am very happy to use the software on a daily basis.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and user friendly. I am able to quickly take attendance, add assignments and grade all of my student's work in one place.

Cons

The assignment copying function. It takes almost as many clicks to just create a new assignment than to copy an existing assignment.

KW

Kayla W.

Alma could be great.

Pros

Customer support is fantastic, has some good features.

Cons

It's clunky and hard to find how to do certain things; progress reports are a nightmare and there's no beta testing.

I will pass your feedback to your account manager. Some very simple and quick tips usually alleviate issues with learning a new platform, and we are here to support you every step of the way!

MW

Mark W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

This is my first year using ALMA student management system. It has been easy to learn and navigate.

productivity

Pros

Consistent interface and navigation. Intuitive tools. Reporting is mostly flexible. The company keeps up with updates and new features as needed to improve the product.

Cons

Pictures of students on attendance screen would be helpful. Students of pictures on student profiles are too small to see.

Thanks, Mark! We love hearing how easy Alma is to use. And thanks for the excellent suggestion regarding the photos. We have passed on to our development team! (Until then, have you tried increasing your browser magnification?)

IG

Illeyana G.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Alma

Pros

It is easy to use this software and I am quickly able to click and use the included features.

Cons

Can not think of anything at the moment.

DV

Deb V.

Alma review

It is hard to navigate through unless you have worked with SIS in the past. The study guide is great but again only if you know where to find things.

Pros

It is easy on the eyes. Very organized for new users.

Cons

There are no straight forward reports. Alot of steps to take care of certain parts of the program.

AH

April H.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

ALMA Student Database

I have had a very good experience with ALMA, the company really listens when you bring adjustment issues to their teams.

Pros

ALMA is SO easy to use at Elementary Level. Reports are easy to read in PDF.

Cons

It was not prepared for our school needs at Higher grade Levels 7-12. Too many Excel reports, I do not have a lot of time to manipulate reports.

CW

Courtney W.

Missing many components that most educational grading software offers.

The reports are not user friendly and don't offer what teachers need. The attempt that Alma made to create a reports section is poor. The reports are very rudimentary and are not acceptable. The interactions that I've had with the online support has not been helpful and the reps are rude! Also, the program (Alma) doesn't allow a teacher to go back and look at previous lesson plans once they've been marked completed. Which begs the question of what's the point of putting your lesson plans online if you can never access them again!!! I'm extremely disappointed with the program and staff!

Cons

Hi Courtney, I understand that our teacher reports can be improved. We are working all of the time to make the reports teachers find valuable available and easily accessed. I'd love to learn more about what you would like to see. I am very surprised to hear you find our support team rude. That is not the typical experience our users have as you can see from previous reviews that we normally get 5 stars for customer support. We take customer support very seriously and I will work with our team to ensure our customers are heard and supported in a friendly manner. We never want our users to be disappointed with their Alma experience. I will reach out to you via email to see how we can make Alma work for you. Regards, Elizabeth

FB

Farhana B.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

User friendly

I don't have any major complaints, it was easy to use.

Pros

It is user friendly and allows for detailed comments.

Cons

It can take a bit long to get to my page. It would be nice to have access to just mine rather than just see everyone's name there. So change the layout to make it much easier to get to my profile. Easy to use otherwise.

NL

Nancy L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

good solution for schools on a budget

Pros

good, reliable functionality and meets all our basic needs at a reasonable cost

Cons

lack of customization; sometimes reports take a while to generate

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Unable to meet individual needs

Our system was supposed to be ready for our district at the beginning of the school year, 2018. Errors were made in the initial data set up that have not been addressed , so that departments have been told not to enter grades fearing we would compromise at least our own grade book if not quantities of system data. We are told that updating our system is not top priority, and have not as yet been able to update our own grade books or provide reasonable reports to parents. Alma is clearly proprietary, and unresponsive.

Pros

The interface was intuitive enough to access the salient features with the minimal training provided.

Cons

The most basic corrections are inaccessible to schools, so that we have been told errors in primary input cannot be addressed, and changes cannot be made without compromising the system. Any error individual teachers make ascribing categories to assignments can only be corrected by erasing an assignment.

AS

Alex S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

We have used this software for two years. Great experience!

Great SIS for our two school campuses.

Pros

--very easy to navigate -- continuously improving and upgrading features -- great customer service

Cons

-- transcripts have a simplistic look (very small font, no way to change anything in design) -- report cards design also needs a better look and an easier way for custom design

KT

Kelly T.

Great

Got time back.

Pros

I liked how very easy and quick it is to input data. They layout it great too. I liked how I can see the progress of each child throughout the year in whatever group they may be in too.

Cons

I did not like how frequently it has pop ups. I like this program so I do not have many cons.

CD

Chaka D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Great Tool for Schools

Alma has been very easy to use and beneficial for our school and my class. Their customer service is great and has made grading smooth for me as an educator.

Pros

I love the detail that can be used to record grades. The specificity that we can input for grading (standards based grading) is great! I love that you can also record multiple standards for one assignment.

Cons

I least like that we don't have access to all the features yet.

MT

Michael T.

Valuable SIS

For a light Student Information System, Alma provides a well design User Interface and great customer support. Their report card customization is strong and the myriad reports provide a wealth of information.

Cons

Hi Michael, Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased to hear that you find Alma to be a well-designed, valuable tool. We have enjoyed working with you as well! Best, Kelly

CH

Cheryl H.

I could not do my job efficiently and in a timely manner.

I can not think of anything positive to say. I can record grades and take attendance. I need to be able to do more.

Pros

Cons

It takes me much longer to record and print grades. There are too many steps to go through to reach my goal. and some tasks are STILL NOT available !

We appreciate your feedback. We would like to learn more about the tasks you feel are missing and how we can make your job easier. There are shortcuts in the grade entry screen that make that process faster (look for the key in the top left). Alma¿s student and parent portals provides real-time information on grades and attendance, giving parents and students the freedom to view their records at any time. We find this, along with the individual student view in the gradebook, gives teachers the ability to share information and help the environment by being paper-free. If you have any additional feedback please submit your requests through the in-app messenger. We always like to hear from our users.