Arlo for Training Providers Reviews - Page 2

HC

Holly C.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Best choice we ever made.

Our business grew exponentially in the first year with Arlo. It was a huge improvement from a professional standpoint (customers noticed how much more "legit" our business looked compared to competitors) and a huge improvement in terms of managing the logistics of running a training business. I love that it's designed for exactly what we do - running a training business - and therefore I don't feel like I'm fighting software to make it work for us. It works for us because it's designed for us.

Pros

Arlo has made scaling our business possible without feeling like we're "dropping the ball" anywhere. We were able to bring on new instructors, and the instructors can manage their classes directly in the Arlo app from their smartphones. This has been a game changer for us.

Cons

I do wish there was a way to make automatic purchasing of gift certificates possible, but at the moment we are working around this just fine with manually generated discount codes since it is not a high-volume area of our business.

KA

Karen A.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Has the potential to be great, but useability issues get in the way

Arlo is a very powerful platform, if you have a lot of time and personnel dedicated to managing it. They are really nice people, and provide great support. Unfortunately, it was just too complicated and time consuming for us to use and lacked some really basic useability features we expected from class registration software.

Pros

Arlo has a ton a great features for event management and registration. Really liked the back-end planning features for administering venue & catering details and instructor notifications. And the front-end class listing & registration page looked really slick. And their customer support is really great, both online and in person. For a company with a lot of time to dedicate to learning the system and administering it on a daily basis, it is a very powerful platform.

Cons

Arlo is very time consuming to get set up and to administer. There are so many steps required for just basic things like adding a new class, and so many options to click through that it is very unweildy. And it is missing some really basic functions, like sending a notification to the administrator if someone cancels their registration, or allowing customization of the event email notifications that get sent out. And when we first signed up for the platform, we were promised that the ability to charge deposits for a class (which is very important for us) was under development and would be available very soon, but a year and a half later that feature was still nowhere to be found. After months of trying to make Arlo work for us, we finally had to switch to a different platform.

We appreciate the review and are sorry to hear Arlo didn't turn out to be the right system for you. As you mentioned, Arlo is a very powerful platform that's built to manage all the moving parts of a training operation, but does take some getting used to. That's why each of our customers gets a dedicated success manager and 1-on-1 training to make sure you're confident with the system before you...

AW

Allison W.

Arlo Review

Our office loves it and our presenters enjoy the ability to see what their courses look like leading up to the event date. Arlo has become the staple and all encompassing resource for our course management.

Pros

One of the biggest positives when it comes to the Arlo software is the automated features. Our office used to spend a lot of extra time communicating small details and follow through just to make sure information was shared with our registrants at the proper moments. Thankfully with things like a wait list with a programmed process we do not have to keep track of those details manually.

Cons

Perhaps it's just a beginning phase, and not even a negative "least" explanation but my least favorite aspect about Arlo is in regards to all of the features we have yet to utilize and set up. It provides excitement but when the start up is in the process and even a few months later, we are still constantly figure out new (awesome) things to implement.

Thanks for the fantastic review, Allie! It's great to hear that Arlo's automated features save your team so much time and that your presenters enjoy the ability to view their upcoming courses via the mobile app. Do reach out if there is anything we can do to help.

Vivian B.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Great value for money & a versatile tool

Arlo really makes our life easier, we use it to manage all our paid training courses and also track attendance of participants of other events. Arlo is quite easy to understand, it doesn't take long to explain it to new staff members and has intuitive handling. The articles on the support page are great, I find it very easy to follow the instructions and discover new features of the software. Their customer service is also great, the support team is very quick and so far could solve all our problems.

Pros

I like most that the build-up and functions are really thought through. They try to accommodate different types of training and mostly find a good balance between pre-set processes and possibilities for customisation. Compared to other LMS (which I haven't used but checked their functions and pricing..) Arlo offers less functions in one but you can add various integrations, e.g. your own accounting software. That makes it easy also for smaller training providers to get started with software and making life easier without having to commit to a full-service LMS.

Cons

For many functions (e.g. newsletter tool, online training) you need to buy third party software and use integrations. As described in the pros, it is great to start with Arlo without major committment but after a while you want to use more and more features, like newsletters or webinars but you have to use different provider for every single funtion. It is okay because many are probably using Mailchimp or somethinga nyway which integrates with Arlo but it would be great if Arlo could offer it, I get annoyed by having so many different logins and having to get used to all the different softwares.

PS

Patrick S.

The Other Side of the World

I really wanted this service to be what it claims to be. When you do get a live body on the phone they are great people. Just doesn't happen often.

Pros

We love the sales pitch and it does everything but only if all your software is derived from the Southern Hemisphere.

Cons

Customer support is so limited in hours NZD with no North American business time zone support. The language used hasn't been adapted to US English. The fact that they cannot integrate with QBO, Hubspot, or LMS's from North America. Nor can it address blended learning. Given the lack of connectivity to North American leading software service platforms the sales pitch of automating our processes did not materialize.

Getting feedback from our customers is how we improve, so thanks for your review. Our two support teams based out of New Zealand and the UK provide business hours coverage across most of the world, but this does leave a small window in North America where neither team is available to pick up the phone. We're looking at ways to increase our support coverage. Many parts of Arlo can be customized...

SD

Scott D.

Automate manual processes.

Overall the experience has been positive. There was a lot of leg work that went into getting everything set up on the front end (will have that will any platform) but once we get everything established, it has required minimal effort.

Pros

Arlo provided excellent pre and post sale support. The platform is easy to use (very little technical expertise required) and all of the tools have greatly reduced the manual work associated with processing registrations and communicating with class attendees.

Cons

There are still a couple of areas where it seems UK spelling is not able to be changed. Some of the fields on the course templates would be better if they could be modified for each class that is build off of the template. Currently some of the fields will cascade changes across all the existing classes if you make a change. Some of the "flag" for "Confirmed" classes would be more beneficial if they showed up on the main page rather than having to wait to see if a call is confirmed until you click on the specific session. Finally, we have issues with trying to share classes via social media (LinkedIn) and getting them to render properly.

AK

Anatoly K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Arlo for Training Providers: A Seamless Training Management Marvel!

Arlo is a top-notch software that has elevated operations to a new level of efficiency and professionalism. Arlo should be at the top of your list if you're in the training industry and seeking a robust, user-friendly, and customisable solution. Highly recommended!

Pros

Arlo's course management capabilities have significantly improved our efficiency in organising and scheduling training sessions. The software effortlessly handles registrations, bookings, and course modifications, providing a centralised hub for all course-related activities. The automated communication features have saved countless hours, ensuring participants receive timely updates and reminders.

Cons

While Arlo offers some communication customisation, there could be even more flexibility in tailoring certain comms templates to better suit our specific communication needs.

HC

Helen C.

Arlo for Training Providers for a School-Based Community Education Enterprise

We have found Arlo relatively easy to implement and in the 11 years I have been using it, new features have been added to improve functionality. Also, we constantly find new ways of using existing features to support improved business operations. We find the Arlo Support Team fantastic to deal with.

Pros

Highly customisable and there is nearly always a workaround if functionality doesn't match our business needs. The development team is responsive and engage with users and administrators to assess future development direction. Their tools for capturing user feedback and rating the popularity of potential developments are excellent. Their help systems are comprehensive, current, and easy-to-use.

Cons

Our enterprise offers mostly multi-session courses (often with as many as 40 face-to-face classes for a single course). Students on these classes sometimes move between different courses during the term. We have not been able to capture these movements and changes in student status as accurately as we like within Arlo, so these scenarios are supported by a paper-based system.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Tricky to set up, but fantastic once it's rolling

Pros

I've worked with multiple big software programs designed to run programs/businesses, and [sensitive content hidden] is easily the best I've ever encountered. It's versatile and easily customizable, and the reporting functions are exceptional.Overall, it's fairly user friendly, and if you get stuck, the articles in the help section are consistently well-written, organized, and current. The tech support is also top-notch, but I've found I rarely need to contact them because I can generally find everything I need in the Help content.

Cons

The initial setup is really complicated, particularly for our course model, which can have multiple variations for the same course content. This variability requires us to maintain separate templates for relatively minor differences (e.g. the same course offered in one long session vs. two short sessions).It's only available in English. Some of our workshops are conducted in Spanish. We can input Spanish in a lot of fields, but the software framework itself has no language options, so hard-coded fields, buttons, etc. are in English can can't be changed.

JM

Jeffrey M.

Training is Insufficient.

When I get someone they are great! However the onboarding has been a nightmare. It has been an almost entirely self study and self learning experience. I paid for premium set up and since asked to purchase 6 additional hours to help set this up with NO response. Here in the US the time difference has been a MAJOR set back causing concerns when the site goes live.

Pros

Seems very powerful. But the set up is too difficult to know. I like the idea of managing all my users.

Cons

Integration was over sold. I teach mostly webinars and self study courses. The Arlo software claims of intergradation with Moodle, GoToWebinar and Zoom sold me. Turns out none of these work well. I am left manually entering and transferring information with both Zoom and GoToWebinar. Theses platforms don't integrate with any real benefit. Moodle required me to hire a third party to install and manage the plug in. After spending almost $14K with Arlo set up I was still hit with another $1k for Moodle!

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for your honest review. We've looked over our logs and agree that your onboarding experience was not satisfactory. Please accept our apologies. You joined us at a time where we were experiencing unprecedented growth and we didn't have enough staff to deal with it. Since then, we've hired additional support, onboarding, and website integration staff across our three offices (APAC, United Kingdom, and North America) to support customers in any time zone. We're also planning to launch the next generation of our Zoom integration this quarter, which includes support for unique Zoom registration links and attendance synchronization back into Arlo. This should eliminate any remaining manual processes. Thanks for sticking with us!

EW

Eve W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Easy to learn, fast help when needed & efficient for clients

I save a lot of time with this product, it looks professional for our clients and shows information and data clearly.

Pros

How easy it is to use as an administrator, if I have a more technologically challenged client it is easy to walk them through the process of booking, and if they do not want to it is super fast for me to book for them! I find the send payment link option really helpful and saves me admin time.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility in the automated email system and being able to alter what goes to the client. Not so much the content of the email but the ability to automatically stop the email from sending once the client has taken the steps the email asks them to do.

It's fantastic to hear that Arlo is saving you so much time, that is what we are all about! More control and flexibility around the automated emails is something we have on our product road map. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this, please reach out to our support team and they will be happy to help.

BB

Bentley B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Arlo Event Management Software

Daily administration of our training sessions. We can add and remove instructors from sessions base on availability or "Best Suited" for a course. Transfer students from one class to another and be able to track such movement.

Pros

The ease with which all employees started to use the software with minimum distraction or inability to find features. I believe that from the time I started using this software, my productivity and daily time management of classes, students and my resources have significantly been improved. I also like the features that are from time to time implemented, but you are always given the chance to review these changes before they are implemented. Most important for me, the quick turn around from Customer Support Team in resolving any issues (very few) that pop up once in a while.

Cons

There are absolutely nothing I can put here to say I don't like.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

worst decision I ever made

Technical implementation is handled from Australia/New Zealand, and they refuse to meet at a time convenient for US. Total waterfall implementation with many (missed) handoffs of info, and back-and-forth about fixing issues. Once implemented, we found it to be very clunky, rarely works, and doesn't integrated easily with other tools even through zapier. Total garbage. We are now 18 months in and will be switching away from this horrible decision as soon as possible.

Pros

I liked the promise of integration and ease of use... but it was a lie.

Cons

We paid nearly $10,000 and implementation took nearly 9 months! Once implemented, they hardcoded the text to be a font that didn't match our site, and refused to change it. Their caching mechanism failed to load the widget on our page upon 1st view (had to refresh or go the page again for it to display), so likely lost 10-20% of visitor confused by blank page content.

SB

Sophie B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great program

Pros

Arlo is a great system to keep track of students enrolments, manage and book facilitated courses, and integrates mostly smoothly with Moodle for eLearning. Support team extremely helpful

Cons

Some issues between Moodle and Arlo but on the way to getting this fixed. Could add some more customisable auto emails

BK

Bridget K.

Great Software for Short Course Provider

For the past five years, I have used Arlo to help me organize an Adult Community Education Programme which attracted 1100 enrolments and delivered around 110 courses each year. I found the Arlo software was brilliant it reduced administration time significantly. Features I especially liked were the facility for students to pay for courses by credit card and automated receipts, course directions and course reminders. I found it easy to insert text and photos onto my website which was fantastic. A very important plus was that the help desk responded quickly when I needed to ask a question. My business is closing now - this is the only reason I am ceasing to use Arlo. I highly recommend Arlo to other education providers.

Pros

It reduced my administration time significantly.

Cons

It would have been good if I could have inserted videos. I was on the "Basic" plan. Not sure if other plans have this functionality.

AH

Alice H.

My non-profit uses Arlo for event management for our camps and training events. It is great!

Pros

I really like the way they are always adding new features to the software. I love the integration with Xero and the simple processes for managing your events. As we do lots of different types of events, the flexibility to create your own fields & and reports is so helpful. The customer support is amazing, we have the email support package - which usually means someone from Asia emails you back a week later. No - at Arlo, New Zealand based staff answer the same day. They are really helpful with 'how to do this' queries - not just bug support.

Cons

The price - but I think that it does save on lots of admin time. It would be nice if it connected to Flo2Cash.

Jade B.

Accounting,

The best event management software

Using arlo has meant that we've consolidated all of our payment methods into one platform, eliminated multiple spreadsheets recording attendees and also eliminated the possibility for human error at our end - if someone isn't registered for an event, they didn't register, it's not that they emailed us and didn't make it to the spreadsheet!

Pros

The best things are the payment platform, the app for my mobile when I am at an event - so easy to record attendance or grab an attendees number to check in on them if they haven't arrived. Arlo has eliminated human error at our end - now we know if a registration is wrong that it was entered incorrectly by the client, not someone at our end!

Cons

We used to use quite a complicated discount structure for multiple attendees, this has been hard to translate into arlo, but we have identified a work around - it just took a bit of time to implement.

JE

Jay E.

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

Three plus years in Arlo and quite pleased

Pros

For staff, it's a simple training exercise to get users self sufficient at day-to-day tasks. For end users, transactions are seamless, fast and accurate. Integrations to payment processors are baked in and ready to go.

Cons

I think the auth and public api could be more inline with modern decoupled systems by providing flat, json endpoints that can easily be consumed by cms front ends, other apps

TM

Tania M.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Course management made easy

Overall this software meets our needs to manage over 400 courses and 8000 customers annually.

Pros

Arlo is so easy to use. The dashboard is always open to see what we are doing at all times. The mobile app is super handy for checking on things from off site. The automated communication feature save time and improve the professionalism.

Cons

I would like to see more functionally and customization around reporting on the Dashboard eg year on year comparisons. Also graphing options in the reporting. Reports into Excel do not also facilitate working with the data because of merge cells and extra co

DY

David Y.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Big leap forward

Lots of help to implement, very easy to use, and can integrate with lots of products

Pros

We changed to using Arlo as it automated a raft of manual processes and improved our visibility of how courses were working

Cons

Nothing it provides everything that we need. I can't fault it.

AP

Anne P.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Arlo Training Providers for the Staff at our College

Pros

Arlo was able to reach out to us remotely. We had group training sessions. I could then follow up in an email with questions. I heard other departments also made queries and received good feedback.

Cons

The information in "sessions" does not carry over to the reports. ie. room number, Name of the session.The sessions do not have individual reminders. The "Event Reminders" only work at the beginning of the Event. We have people who register for only one of the sessions in an event. The reminder end up going out more than a week before instead of a couple of days before in this situation. I have to work around this by creating many events.

AG

Amanda G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Time saving and streamlining

Streamlined our manual system, reducing mistakes.

Pros

Love that everything about a registrant can be found in the one place.

Cons

Unfortunately it doesn't highlight possible duplicates contacts unless searched for.Doesn't allow to add credit card fees to purchase.

CF

Chelsey F.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Arlo helped us streamline our processes

Pros

The integration with zoom was exactly what we were looking for. We needed a quick and efficient way to create 30+ zoom invitations on a bi-weekly basis. This gave us all that we were looking for.

Cons

There are a lot of things in Arlo that aren't easily hidden to make it more user friendly on the admin side. Our use case was free courses for our internal company training and everything always had a price listed near(changed to zeros since it was free) it which can be confusing to an admin new to the system.

TH

Tamiz H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy to use product

This is helping us stay together with our nationwide trainers

Pros

Ease of use after set up is very valuable.

Cons

Some of the options are not automated. If a registrant is not entered correctly, you have to delete and re-register them. Wastes some time to do it that way.

JE

Jamuel E.

11-50 employees

Great event management system

Integrating event registration with our website Producing event reports in the specific manner we need Easy and modern design needed for online registrations - especially as on of our goals was to transition to most of our event registrations being captured online An easy to use system for our event administrators but with advanced functionality needed to cover all the different types of events we do and the information we need to capture.

Pros

Great reporting Great way to manage events online Excellent support - really easy ticket system and very quick resopnse. Very impressed by this Ability to create custom registration forms - crucial to the wide range of events that we do

Cons

Not much customisation available for visual design unless you are willing to pay more to do some custom work.