Articulate 360 Logo

RG

Rachel G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Best e-learning tool

I use this took daily. It is amazing and constantly improving. The e-learning heroes community is phenomenal when it comes to needing anything.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Great features. And the studio of tools is phenomenal

Cons

The price is definitely not the best for a small organization but you definitely do get a lot of benefits

AS

Ana S.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

An e-learning must!

We realized that Articulate 360 includes a wide range of tools that helps us create content for our virtual courses. We can have PowerPoints with interactive elements and audio integrated, we can have a Rise course, self paced, in which the student gets a very contemporary look and variety of media that illustrates the information. Engage makes easy interactions to navigate through information. Storyline is just... amazing, it gets so much done, it has endless possibilities. We love this products.

Pros

Articulate Storyline is the one we use and like the most. It's easy to start producing e-learning content thanks to the familiarity the interface has in regards to PowerPoint. One can easily find and edit anything they might need.

Cons

There are some things that need to be researched to get done on software and that they get discussed on Articulate's forum. I wish they added new features often, with more updates. For example, there's no specific "timer" option on evaluations. This could easily be added, but it has to be programmed. That's the way I've gotten around to having that done, at least.

SM

Shelby M.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

A 360 Review for Articulate

My overall experience is that I look like a Rockstar and Articulate makes it so easy. That is due in large to their overall service through the community and training.

Pros

The free trial sets people up for success. If you choose to use the trial, you start to receive email notices from Articulate gurus offering assistance and tips. So, immediately you are introduced to the community. The community of e-learning first-timers to pros offers a great security blanket, helping you realize you are not alone! The product itself offers several options for creating learning for everyone. From a "powerpoint" look-a-like with Storyline to Rise which offers authors a quick way to create responsive learning to screen recording and a lot more.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

AW

Alexander W.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Great suite of tools for enterprise level eLearning development

Pros

What I really like is how the suite of programs in 360 supports varying levels of user expertise and needs. In particular, I love the new platform Rise for it's extremely intuitive interface and clean design. This is a great tool for non instructional designers or for those just getting into ID. Additionally, I appreciate the infinite flexibility and complexity that is offered by Storyline. For someone with years of expertise, Storyline can help you design just about any type of learning you are trying to implement.

Cons

While I like some of the newer tools like Replay and Peek I have found them to be a bit buggy.

E-Learning, self-employed

Still my favorite authoring tool - powerful, modern & easy to get ideas/suplort

I chose Storyline as our primary authoring tool at my previous company. The templates and straightforward approach to creating interactivity with layers with trigger was really a joy to develop with.

Pros

My favorite feature of storyline is the fact that it only been around 6-8 years. All of the examples, just-in-time support and troubleshooting you search for online are applicable to the current version (360) and can be implemented. Their online community is best in class.

Cons

As a freelancer, when work is light in for my elearning business (I also work FT and do webdev work) - the subscription price Of Storyline 360 is too much. I wish I could pay for a month only.

VB

Veronica B.

Articulate 360 - Every an e-learning developer needs

Articulate 360 is a suite of e-learning products every e-learning developer should have. We know how great and popular Storyline is, and now Storyline 360 is even better. Add to that the new Content Library, Rise and Review, among others, and you're set! Beginners can create great looking e-learning literally in minutes, while it's powerful enough for advanced users to create complex pieces. Rise,...

Pros

Ease of use and power. Range of tools to do all the jobs I need. Subscription model with frequent updates.

Cons

Would like to see an option to pay for a subscription monthly, with a discount for annual payments.

AT

Abigail T.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Storyline has come a long way

I started out on Storyline so it holds a soft spot for me in a lot of ways, but I'm expecting some big updates for Rise in future.

Pros

I think Articulate have worked really hard to develop as full a suite of tools that most e-learning professionals will need on the job - including Storyline, Rise and Review. I do like the Content Library for the most part but when you work in a specialist industry, it becomes very limited very quickly.

Cons

Rise is missing a lot of features that would make it more desirable than using Storyline in these days of rapid development. Storyline development is just too slow to work with regularly in my day-to-day work so I rely on Rise more (though this is due to working with another piece of software in another job that was similar but far superior however for agnostic device development, it's useful) - they...

Storyline is very user friendly and allows you to create customised courses.

It is our preferred eLearning development software. I love it!

Pros

What I like most about this program is how user-friendly it is. When I first started using Storyline, I found it easy to get the hang of it and it wasn't long until I was creating courses without any assistance. I also love the icons feature that is available in Storyline 360. I use it a lot and can't imagine developing without it now. I also like that if I need support, most questions have been asked online on Storyline forums. They always provide detailed explanations of how to do certain things and other users are also helpful in sharing what they know. The fact that the program has a community of supporters leaves me feeling confident that I can figure out any problem that I have. Storyline is definitely my preferred eLearning development software.

Cons

There are a few program features that I would love added. I would love to be able to specify exactly how curved corners on shapes are (the yellow boxes that you drag) rather than doing it by eye. I also think updating the alt-text for accessibility should not be split by elements within an object but as an object as a whole (for example icons picking up on individual shapes rather than the icon as whole).

RH

Rebecca H.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Takes Your Teaching to the Next Level

I started using this to develop an online course that met federal and state standards and would connect with my students. I had the option to choose pricey versions of a course through 3rd party vendors. I invested the time in learning this software and saved my program about $18,000 a year. I now use it in lots of small ways too, your imagination is the only limit.

Pros

It's easy to jump in and start creating content since much of the layout is similar to Powerpoint. I love that you have a lot of control on how the user interacts with the program. And there is always more to learn and do. Additionally, the help and community forums run by Articulate are unmatched in the field. There is always help when you get stuck.

Cons

This is a complex program and it will take time to learn all of the little nuances. You have to invest a lot of time troubleshoot errors in complex files, there isn't anything that finds issues for you.

Sam S.

Human Resources, self-employed

Articulate 360 - Integration is Key

With the new release of Articulate 360, I now have all of the Articulate resources under one roof (okay, it's a panel-like thing) and the new features, including super cool professionally illustrated characters, mobile publishing options and a monster (and very diverse) content library just make sense. I've said it before - someone at Articulate is paying attention and they "get" the eLearning industry and where designers, like me, want to go with new ideas. So, you don't need to have Captivate, eLearning Brothers (sorry guys) and Presi on your list of "must-haves" anymore - not once you've made the upgrade to Articulate 360.

Pros

Content Library, triggers (they're awesome and don't require a ton of Action Script to make them work), controls (have you seen Markers, the Dial and the Slider??), diverse character libraries and simple, effective publishing options that make moving the course to an LMS a breeze.

Cons

I wish it had an inline photo editor - then I could REALLY kick Adobe to the curb.

DL

Donna L.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Hands down the best and easiest authoring tool

This is an expensive solution but overall, it's the best purchase we've made for Authoring

Pros

This is so much easier to use than anything else our team has tried. We can easily create a PowerPoint presentation and then convert it to and Articulate Storyline file. This means that a lot of the legwork is done before we even begin working in Articulate

Cons

Things start getting a little difficult when we are creating tests/quizzes in Articulate. There are a lot of options and we have to be extremely thorough and detail oriented when it comes to creating pre/post exams for the relevant courses.

BM

Bruno M.

Best e-learning software

Best e-learning software i have work with

Pros

Ease of use, very complete, good support, vast library, continuous updates, several Scorm formats, simple and organized programming interface, 360 image.

Cons

Breaks when use many triggers (especially on Objects interseptions), still not well prepared for gamification, some bugs (minor things, all softwares have), not content responsive (although it's window responsive), few effects.

51-200 employees

Articulate 360 is a great design product with limits.

This is an easy to use design software that is flexible enough to do a lot of really amazing things if you are creative. The various products within the 360 suite further expand the possibilities for learning design and delivery across multiple platforms. The communities associated are very responsive allowing me to engage with others using the product to expand my understanding of the capabilities and work through specific challenges that I encounter.

Pros

This is a great instructional design product that allows for seamless communication throughout the iterative process with all involved. The product makes designing online learning easy and opens up tons of possibilities for the creatively minded.

Cons

While there are many options and flexibility when it comes to adding in Java scripting, I have found that the support in this area is lacking. Also some simple and useful feature requests have been ignored across various versions despite long lists in the discussion forums requesting such logical feature upgrades. Other issues that I have with the product are really issues with SCORM which has its own limitations and issues.

GT

Glenn T.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Articulate Storyline 3

Really good I did switch to captivate 17 when I left Storyline 2 but found that much more difficult to use, so went back to Storyline and got version 3. Great product but perhaps because it was familiar to me as opposed to Captivate.

Pros

I use the standalone Storyline 3 having upgraded from version 2 - whilst this would come as part of 360 it proves more cost-effective to buy the product once rather than a never-ending monthly subscription just to get access to features that we can create ourselves.

Cons

That there is no spell checker within the subtitle option to videos and audio. Have to cut and paste into another product to check sometimes.

RW

Rob W.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Great software to create e-learning modules

Great software to create e-learning but to bad about some limitations.

Pros

I use this software to create e-learning modules for my students. I like the ease of use and the simple way things work. It is possible to create very complex modules and a beginner or someone not making a living from it; it can be used. Of course, you need other software/services to distribute the modules. The modules contain tests, audio, video, written text, and interactivity. I like the fact that it is offline because I can use it anywhere (often I do not have fast internet when traveling). Also, paying for the perpetual software in one go is a relief because paying a monthly fee is eventually much more expensive.

Cons

The inability to batch convert projects is a real bummer. You have to open each project file one by one and convert it. I do not understand why this has not been implemented yet. Another thing I do not like is the restrictions regarding tests. Tests can only contain 400 questions. It does seem enough, but in our school, we often have larger batches of questions of which randomly are selected a number of questions. The final problem is that support is generally not very helpful, and you need to figure out a lot by yourself. That is based on two experiences; however, both were quite bad.

EB

Elizabeth B.

Media Production, 10,001+ employees

Must-Have

I love it..it's been a great software to help introduce asynchronous learning into an organization that didn't embrace tech solutions for learning.

Pros

I love the different options this software has. Articulate Rise is so easy to use and build out courses. Storyline is much more challenging but the ability to create fun, engaging, interactive and interesting courses is endless! The templates are great to help people get started and learn about layers and triggers.

Cons

There's not easy way to rapid prototype a Storyline course so I am using that less frequently than I would like to.

CT

Cyndi T.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

So many possibilities!

Articulate is a must have in the Instructional Design world! I work on a team with 3 other Instructional Designers and we are able to share our work within Articulate 360 and make real time updates to one another's work in the event of an absence. Articulate has completely changed the way we train virtually. Our associates now prefer to learn virtually with all of the videos and training we have created with Articulate products.

Pros

Articulate 360 offers so many options for creating training material to fit any audience or format. My favorite Articulate programs to use for our company LMS are RISE and Storyline. This software allows your creations to really engage your audience, producing better quality associates.

Cons

Its really hard to find a negative. The only thing I found difficult was learning to put coding into Storyline to create a 'simulation' of our company systems. Once you learn how to do it, its easy after that! And be able to recreate your systems into a simulated environment gave the best hands-on experience we could possible give our new hire associates.

MJ

Michael J.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Articulate 360 shows promise to be a game changer.

Upgrading to Articulate 360 has been very exciting, it's nice to have access to all of Articulate's existing software, plus two new screencasting and four new web-based tools. The latest version of Storyline brings new features and enhancements that really help to take my projects to the next level; perhaps the best feature being the new responsive player. Out of the new web-based tools, Review...

Pros

I like the new features that have been added to the existing tools, but the addition of the web-based tools is really what makes Articulate 360 shine. The opportunity to collaborate with the Review tool alone made the upgrade to Articulate 360 worthwhile. The rest is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Cons

Single, one-size fits all model for the subscription plan.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

eLearning Design made easy

Easy to use, great support forum, fast cloud based development in Rise

Pros

This subscription makes it so easy to develop amazing eLearning courses. From quick cloud based courses in Rise, to more elaborate course development in Storyline. It does not get easier.

Cons

As always, the subscription cost could be lower not thankfully it is not outrageous. I wish they would get rid of Quizmaker already.

Andrea M.

The Gold Standard for eLearning Development

Overall I have been so pleased with Articulate360. It has all the features you need to develope stunning eLearning content.

Pros

Articulate 360 is actually a suite of apps, some of which are installed on your computer and others that are accessed online. Each app has a specific purpose that all contribute to your ability to create robust, interactive eLearning. The software package includes not one, but two different apps to author your courses. Storyline 360 is installed on your computer and is the go-to for more complex courses with lots of interactive. Rise360 is the online authoring tool and it is great for rapid development of simpler courses that are still interactive and visually engaging.

Cons

My biggest complaint about Articulate360 is how much is slows down opening and using other software on my system at the same time. This is particularly pronounced when I am using the Storyline app.

Tomasz ¿.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Great tool to create and manage your company's knowledge base

I'm using Articulate to crete trainings and then to assign the to users. I do enjoy every step of the process using Articulate. Interface is user friendly and range of available tools let's you create very professional and great looking trainings which can not only present the content but amaze users with the the way trainings look. I definitely recommend this tool to everyone who is creating/managing training and knowledge base of a company.

Pros

Articulate 360 to me appears like a super powerful Power Point with extra features like assigning courses, and managing results. Love to work with this tool. Layout is intuitive, it gives impression that all the tools that you need at the moment are available at your finger tips. There are many pre-defined shapes, animations etc. in case that you need to create a training quickly as well as great tools to let you visualize all your ideas regarding training creation.

Cons

I've never missed the tool I needed working with Articulate so I'm really happy about the overall functionality and cannot really point downsides

Amazing software that begs you to make interactive HTML5 courses

I am able to make interactive HTML5 courses that play without issues on mobile devices

Pros

I like that there are regular updates and support with the subscription model. The multi state object interface is so much better than captivate’s.

Cons

It is very pricey for a freelancer and the publishing options can be confusing for packaging your course correctly for Captivate Prime LMS

ES

Ezzy S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Articulate 360 - Easy to Use

Overall, Articulate 360 has been a pretty great product that is helping us reach our eLearning goals.

Pros

Articulate 360 feels like PowerPoint in its user interface and is very intuitive and easy to use. You can put together very smart-looking eLearning very quickly. There is a lot of common functionality built in so you don't have to build from the ground up every time like you do with Adobe Captivate. There's also a very large library of imaging which helps when you need to build quickly. The online support community for Articulate can't be beat. They are there to not only help when you have a problem, but they encourage you to grow as a designer.

Cons

I feel like there are hot keys missing. I wish there was a hotkey to add a text entry field or a hot spot. I also want to be able to move items around the screen one pixel at a time with my mouse rather than having to use CNTRL and SHIFT. The interface feels a lot like PowerPoint to me so while it's easy to use, it's not really very interesting visually, which can matter when you are trying to explain to an executive or stakeholder that building eLearning is a lot more complicated than just building in PowerPoint. The triggers are also a little confusing.

Keith L.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Good option if you do not want the subcription model.

Storyline has made my team process of converting courses from Flash to HTML5 a dream. We have been able to not only make this fix but elevate the quality of our training.

Pros

This is a great option if your team does not have the budget to pay for software yearly. Same great product at a one-time price.

Cons

The non-subscription method does not get updates as quickly as the subscription option so there will be times that you are not using the latest and greatest software.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

I have SL2 and love how interactive I can make my courses. I have been using it for three years.

Mainly information on ID best practices and some "how tos" from their blog and community. It can be really engaging and fun to create a course using SL2. I like their templates as they are easy to customize. However, now there is SL3 and 360, so getting help or templates for SL2 are few and far between.

Pros

The free templates are amazing. I love their community site that is up-to-date on LD trends and challenges. Everyone that has taken one of my courses on SL2 likes how fun and engaging they can be. I can add all types of file formats, different types of quizzes, interaction, and multimedia.

Cons

I never seem to feel like an expert as some of the functions/interactions are hard to create. I went to a two day training on SL2 and it didn't teach me enough as I am still trying to figure out variables and how they work. Sometimes the E-Learning Heroes take days to get back to me if I have an issue and don't always explain in detail how to correct the issue.