Articulate 360 Logo

Articulate 360 - Everything You Need for Course Development

visit website

Articulate 360 Reviews - Page 5

BEST Authoring Tool for ELearning

Pros

This product is the easiest, highest quality authoring tool i have used. It runs parallel to PowerPoint, so functionality is a breeze. Also, the content access on the internet is great - I love that I can create courses and send them out for feedback, with the feedback appearing on the exact slide i need. Easy to use with minimal ramping time.

Cons

The cost is a little on the high side, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Articulate 360 streamlines my workflow!

With each product release, I find myself giddy, like a kid opening a present. Articulate never disappoints, and Articulate 360 certainly didn't disappoint. - Storyline 360 is a fantastic update from Storyline 2, especially the ability to publish individual scenes or slides (this makes client reviews SO MUCH EASIER). - Articulate Review, coupled with the aforementioned individual scene/slide publish feature, makes client reviews much less painful. - The Content Library takes the guess work out of building interactions; especially for clients who don't necessarily mind templates or seek pizazz. There are new characters, new interactions, new themes, and the interactions are pre-built...with triggers! - The subscription-based model also works well with my business needs.

Pros

- Articulate Review - Content Library - Storyline 360 - Rise

Cons

- All applications are not Mac compatible...but it seems like it might be getting there!

Hit the ground running with amazing course content!

I have really loved using Articulate (Storyline first, then 360). Their regular webinars are great and provide a ton of tips, tricks and information. Overall, it's been great!

Pros

I appreciate how easy it was for us to get up to speed and create our own eLearning content.

Cons

As with all software, it occasionally has an issue - especially after an update. I work for a software company so I'm aware that this happens. For the most part, Articulate fixes the "big" things.

My experience with Articulate Storyline

I genuinely loved this software and thought it was really fun creating E-learning platforms with it. Takes you no time to get started with it, it is super intuitive and allows you to develop your projects in no time, smoothly and with a nice quality.

Pros

*Super easy to use *Intuitive and friendly *Interface reminds you of powerpoint, so it makes it super easy for you to learn how to use it. *Nice tools and features such as animations, video and audio recording, recording your desktop to create tutorials, layers, etc. *Super easy to "program" your E-Learning interface, like creating buttons and links. *No need to code almost anything.

Cons

*Honestly, I did not find any cons in the time I used this software. It was super cool and pricing is reasonable.

Great Tool for Content Creation

Overall once you learn how to use it and focus on 1 task getting done. You can create great training material. It has been awesome for us all across and my clients are very happy.

Pros

With our new initiative on Instructional Design we are using the Storyline to help us engage our learners in training. It has been really easy for me to learn to use Storyline specially since I have am very familiar with using PowerPoint. I honestly think is is very similar which makes it easy for everyone to learn how to use it, I myself have taught a couple of new trainers as well.

Cons

We created emulators and got an error, it was very difficult to fix. There is a great community out there that helps but I wish it was more personalized.

Great product for moderate budget!

I have been using Articulate Storyline 1 and 2 for years. All the navigation and features are super intuitive for any Microsoft PC user. The best part of any Articulate software though is the online community for support and ideas! I have had so many successful projects that started with new ideas from this community!

Pros

ease of use; final product when published; variety of publish settings to customize

Cons

integrating video and screen capture

I can't do my job without this software.

A seamless, powerful learning experience for my end-user.

Pros

I love all the functionality of the 360 suite; it has authoring software, course delivery software, review software, screen capture software, and a HUGE library of graphics, characters, and templates available at your fingertips.

Cons

The output of Storyline can be heavy for older/less efficient computers. I look forward to it becoming a lighter load!

The go-to software for amazing eLearning!

I'm going into my sixth month using Articulate Storyline 2 and have already cranked out some incredible eLearning and presentations. The interface is relatively easy to use for anyone familiar with PowerPoint and the options to create are endless.

Pros

The mantra is simple--what do you want to do? when do you want it to happen? Those two questions are all it takes to start some amazing creation. The tool is nearly limitless.

Cons

Because there are so many ways that you can do the same thing, it can be a bit daunting just getting started with the software.

Love it!!!

ease of use mostly

Pros

Storyline is very easy to pick up especially if you have prior experience utilizing the powerpoint platform, ,even if you don't you get plenty of support on articulate with tutorials, users, and articulate employees who are more than willing to help you.

Cons

It's harder to get acclimated to storyline if you started off using either captivate or Lectora other than that no complaints

Great for new users

I am teaching to use Articulate 360 as well as work as a freelance developer. From my perspective this is a perfect tool for the companies that what to get into the worls of elearning.

Pros

Easines of use and implementation for the teams that have used tools like power point before. The whole package of 360 supports the whole flow of development, so it is more than just authoring tool.

Cons

From my experience this is not the best tool if you would like to implement this to a big organization, having like 20-30 elearning developers. It may not be the best as it is rather single developer focused and it may be difficult do collaborate. In large teams LCMSes may be better.

Modern responsive tool for all your learning needs!

It is browser based tool which makes it the most dynamic application in the market. The most striking features are the drag and drop interactivities, which makes it easy and fast to work on all your learning needs. The application is responsive and set of tools like image editing, learner navigation, video integration, compliance with any LMS and interactive templates adds the robustness of this application.

Pros

1) Drag and drop feature 2) Simple and intuitive style 3) Faster development speed 4) Responsiveness 5) Compliance with all the LMS 6) Easy review cycle

Cons

There is little scope of adding customization in rise as its the easiest of all tools whereas in storyline, you can do wonders but it takes a lot of time and effort to do that. Editable features like color and fonts are not dynamic. One thing which I felt is missing is the integration with audio when using RISE. Overall it is a great platform for all your learning needs.

UI is clear & east to navigate; those who aren't developer specialists can great learning videos

Pros

Quickly develop eLearning due to simplified UI most people can pick up and go with! Most new users can create interesting and engaging videos using scenario and branching and includes good selection of built in variables and for the more advanced, ability to create custom variables. Many others, too many to list. It's a good product IMO and I believe less expensive than others for multiple licenses.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons, but in general, being an advanced eLearning developer, I find other products, although more difficult to master at first, offer more advanced functions, settings and options across the board to whist as quickly build, edit, and publish highly interactive online learning.

Freedom to create versatile eLearning

Articulate offers great eLearning products with many capabilities but most importantly, the user community is absolutely fantastic! The users offer so much support as well as the Articulate staff. The well-seasoned to the first time user will benefit from the encouragement and technical expertise freely offered. I use Articulate Storyline to create eLearning courses. I appreciate the many features,...

Cons

New version not that much better

It was quite easy to create scorm packages that we can upload to moodle

Pros

- Easy to use and understand: everything is quite easy to find and to use. Creating an e-learning module can be done with minimal learning - Many functions: there are enough options to create basic to complex e-learning modules - Fast: it is quite fast

Cons

- I did not need support that much but when I did it did not help me and even wasted time. - Version 3 is not that much more improved or expanded compared to version 2. There are bugs in version 3 that should be fixed.

Best eLearning tool on the market

Pros

The learning curve with Storyline is much shorter than with the the offering of other major authoring tools. So you get high quality output in a fraction of the time, because it has a look and feel that is quite familiar to the average computer user.

Cons

There are limits to the functionality of hot spot quizzes. You are unable to functionally create multiple hotspots.

Storyline Makes My Job Easy!

I really enjoy using Storyline. It has a very intuitive interface. If you can use PowerPoint, you can figure out Storyline. The object/function triggers are very easy to use in comparison to other elearning products. So far, my only issue is that is doesn't offer responsive design. Though, the course player can resize itself to the viewing window.

Pros

Ease of Use, Cost, Customer Support, Features

Cons

Lack of Ability to Design Responsively

Articulate 360: Tools for next generation elearning

I'm pretty excited about the set of tools in Articulate 360. Some nice new features in Storyline, including the dial interaction. The real star is Rise, though, for a trouble-free responsive solution. The output looks very modern and professional and the 'basic' interactivity options are there. Looking forward to how this tool will evolve and provide even more functionality. I plan to build many job...

Features I didn't even know I needed

Articulate 360 has been the magic wand I use to create stunning, interactive and accessible e-learning material for our internal support team. It's easy to use and leaves me with great results and a pleased leadership team.

Pros

My overall take away from using Articulate 360 is "wow! They put a lot of thought into this app and making my life easier". It's clear that the Articulate team is keen on design, user experience and making repetitive tasks so much easier. One example of this is that you can simply break up each line of a body of text to be independently manipulated for fly-in actions and animation. This is small but huge knowing how much time it takes to create separate elements for each line of text. Beyond this, there is a TON of support and community around the app which mean if you ever get stuck their official support team or one of the thousands of community members is happy to help and if you ever need an idea they are plentiful with template stories to get you started.

Cons

One of the main pain points I found is that Articulate 360 is currently for Windows only. I was able to set up a free virtual machine on my Mac which worked great and has allowed me to work with the software without any problem. Beyond this I would love to see the interface of Articulate 360 given an uplift to match the amazing design found in Articulate's web-based apps.

Excellent software for designing interactive learning

Pros

I have been using Articulate Storyline for a couple years now to design interactive online courses. For us, it has been the perfect software to do this, and I have really enjoyed learning the ins and outs of designing courses. It's extremely customizable and there are an almost infinite number of ways something can be designed, which allows us the flexibility to create courses with the specific criteria that we often have. The interface is occasionally clunky, but not so much that it's unusable, and the courses that we can create are beautiful and definitely not clunky.

Cons

It is very logic-based, which is not a con but is just a thing to be aware of. There are so many different trigger and state options that can be customized, which on the one hand is amazing and on the other hand can lead to some confusion or conflicting triggers, which can then break the interaction. If you're planning on using this software for complex interactions, I would recommend becoming familiar with the principles of object-oriented programming.

Best on the Market

Pros

If you are looking to create an E-Learning course, Articulate is for you. So easy to setup and get going right away and with customization for any need you may have.

Cons

When a problem does come up as they do with all software, Customer service doesn't have the fastest response time. But they do get back to you and eventually help with issues.

Good all around elearning tool

For ease of use, Storyline 2 is unparalleled in my opinion. Even if you haven't used an elearning tool before, you'll find it easy to pick up and learn. The support community is a great resource if you get stuck. My biggest complaint is the lack of a style sheet, which creates a LOT of manual formatting work. You can make slide masters like PowerPoint, but no universal CSS like style sheet.

Pros

Ease of use, community

Cons

Manual text formatting required

Great tool but lacks responsive capabilities what its competitor has

Pros

It is very user-friendly and very intuitive. Articulate Rise is best for Micro learnings and Storyline is best for customized interactions. Replay is a great tool for recording screen captures.

Cons

I wish they had more responsive features in Storyline and more features in RISE. Like adding 360 video and image capabilities in Rise.

Professional and Easy to Use

Better training content for the field.

Pros

It is wonderfully user friendly. You don't need coding knowledge. You don't need Graphic design experience. Everything is built in and ready for you to use! It comes with a wide variety of programs you can use!

Cons

There are occasional bugs, but the support team is usually very quick about helping to resolve any issue.

Power for LMS platform

Pros

Every day this software grow with new features

Cons

import ppt even if you have not installed Microsoft power point on the same computer. We male PPT with other software too

A very powerful content creation tool

We get asked a lot by our clients about different tools to use to create content for their courses (we sell an LMS platform), and the ones we reccommend the most are iSpring and Storyline. Storyline is very powerful, maybe a bit harder to use, but it integrates well with our LMS and has very deep customization options allowing our clients to create really engaging and complex learning experiences.

Pros

Its a very powerful tool that allows users to create complex and engaging learning material. Quizzes, graded assignments, self evaluations, and more. It's great that it can create non linear paths so interactions get more complex. It also has great export options that allow good integration with out LMS.

Cons

Even if the UI is similar to most Office products, which would make it familiar to users, it's a bit harder to get started with because it has so many options to customize it that some users get overwhelmed. However, for our english speaking clients, there is a big community of storyline users who always helps. For non english speakers...its a bit harder to get help.