BigSIS Reviews

4.33/5 (12 reviews)

Vesna Vasovic

BigSIS has a very nice and clean interface. It is self intuitive for the most part.

Reviewed 2018-03-02

It made my job easier. It simplified student reports process and it is helpful to have the ability to pull different reports. I can get the information that I need from anywhere, I don't have to be at my desk. It gave me the ability to work from home when needed. I wish we had someone to help us make small changes, such as ability to print labels per household correctly and to print labels with just first and last name, without address. I feel that we do not use BigSIS to its full extent and primarily that is due to the fact that we don't have a programmer on site and we are not aware of all the BigSIS features. Maybe a demo once the major updates are up would help. Another thing, BigSIS does not differentiate well between parents and guardians. This always present itself as a problem with parents who are separated and when one parent has limited rights. Parent wit the limited rights still needs to have an access to Parent Portal but we cannot specify that only one parent is a guardian, and the other can see the reports, school directory but nothing else for example. Having ability to share student reports, school directory and collect school forms through Parent Portal. Teachers having an easy access to the student reports they wrote in the past through Teacher's Portal. Writing student reports, curriculum summaries (descriptions), and being able to allow proofreaders a direct access to those reports is helping us simplify the whole process. Ability to send group email. Running reports on daily attendance, emergency contacts, health information. Customer service is very helpful. You can always count on a prompt, detailed and helpful answer from the customer service.

Rory Thompson

BigSIS is getting more useful as we learn how to use it. There is a significant learning curve.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

I like that it can filter for different information, that parents can input information directly through the parent portal, that teachers can share student reports directly through the parent portal, and it's ability to track progress through contracting process. There is so much more that BigSIS can do that we have not been able to tap into. I am slowly learning how to use it and expanding my awareness of its possibilities. I wish someone knowledgeable could help customize it more for our needs as just a basic starting point. Perhaps I was just unaware of how much customizing would be necessary on our end. The webinars that we had at the beginning were helpful but premature. I think it's much more practical to have our own database in place before we learn how to use it. Learning something this complex in a hypothetical way is challenging. However, I appreciated all the time and training sessions that were offered. Perhaps there could be more follow-up.

Tamara Photiadis

Fairly robust for the money, increasing ease of use and functionality, awesome customer service.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

I'd say we are getting the basics, which is more than can be said for other solutions. We are getting registrar records management, donor records management, most of what we need for mailings, and now we are expanding into alumni records management. I have many ideas for what I would like to see from the product that would make the registrar's job, in particular, easier, and they are open-minded, so we will see what the future brings.Their customer support is upbeat, helpful, open-minded, tuned in to the experience of the user, with fairly quick turn-around on a ticket (usually less than 24 hours), and very personal. I also love that they listen to the customer, and take the feedback into their product, making improvements. These take time, and of course, the source of improvements are the initial frustrations (limitations) that caused the suggestions, so it's not perfect. But in my experience, no database is perfect anyway, so you might as well go with one that will improve over time.

Lori Williamson

Extremely flexible and user-friendly program. We love it!

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Improved school communications, saved money, improved information tracking for inquiries and student records, enabled online student reports input and dissemination, consolidated multiple functions in areas of admissions, development, enrollment, information management.Very powerful program with fantastic support team that has implemented many of our requests as needed. Online portals improve our school communications and parents like the real-time directory and access to forms and student reports. Teachers love the portals for ease of writing reports online. From online inquiries to admissions tracking, development, attendance, reports, this program meets many of our needs.

Thomas Keppel

BigSIS is user-friendly, has powerful options and saves lots of time!

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Time savings, all data in one spot, very cost effective.The front-end is very user friendly; reports can be easily customized; no issues with faculty entering grade reports; ability to selectively communicate with parents/donors/employees; create enrollment contracts on the fly; portal allows parents to update address & health info as well as access to their child's grades, homework assignments, and sign contracts electronically. Customer service always prompt and very helpful.

Melissa Watson

Excellent customer service and all of the features and functions that we would ever need.

Reviewed 2018-02-23

All our information in one place!I like the parent portal access. I like how it works for the faculty for end-of-year reports. We're still learning all that we can take advantage of and it just keeps going!

Kelley Wiley

One of the easiest databases I've ever used in my 30+ years of office work.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Having everything in one place for the first time in my 10 years at my job (from grades/reports/people/students/alum/donations) is awesome!The multi-functionality and flexibility to pull the data you have put in. The front end is user friendly and intuitive. The customer service, whether via email or phone, is the best!

Sarah Brewster

Great software for those on a budget.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Large number of features for the value, I think you would be hard-pressed to find another software that offers as much for the cost. Great for smaller schools on a limited budget. Increasingly good customer service and modules.

Helen Morgan

Performs all the functions needed for student/family/alum management.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Staff at BigSIS are always willing to help and sometimes update programs to suit my needs. It meets all my needs for transcripts, attendance, reports, labels, etc.

Erika Doogah

We joined Bigsis in August 2017. The database is able to meet most of our needs!

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Teachers and administrators love the student reports, friendly interface, calendar customization, and custom fields.

sarah hill

There is so much that BigSIS can do I feel that we are just at the beginning!

Reviewed 2018-02-27

So much that it offers! I love that we can get all our parents info into the database and I'm looking forward to moving our Extended Care tracking and our Forms in there also.

Stephanie Redden

Once operations are learned the system works well

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Online database that multiple users can access and use.Lots of options for sorting and tracking families and students. We have found the attendance to be simple and easy to use.