All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Brainier LMS Reviews

Pros

Help desk staff is friendly, helpful and responsive. The system is easy and straightforward for administrators as well as end users.

Willow B.

Dawn M.

Read the full review
The customer support is amazing. They are always incredibly helpful, extremely knowledgeable, and just an absolute joy to work with.

Fred S.

Read the full review

Cons

The software isn't designed in a way that makes knowing where to click obvious. Several of our admins struggle with understanding the software works and running reports.

Ashley W.

Read the full review
There is no con about this software that I can think of or remember.

Leena C.

Cheryl B.

4.5

Brainier LMS Gets the Job Done

I value the relationship our organization has with Brainier. They have been a superb business partner. Their LMS product works for our needs and also provides a number of features that fall outside of our scope. Their interest in listening to their clients is apparent. Our input seems to matter. We will continue to work with Brainier to achieve our training needs.

Pros

This LMS has many features that make it easy for users and administrators to use the system to produce the best results. The Student portal of the LMS is fantastic. It is very intuitive and consistent with other web platforms.

Cons

As with many LMS(s), the administration portal could be designed to be a little simpler to use. It seems like there are sometimes too many steps to accomplish a simple task. Some of the features feel complicated where they could designed in a more streamlined and logical manner.

Big fan of the Brainier LMS!

At this moment, I don't have many cons...sometimes the cons are that I want something that isn't out there...as long as they are looking into what I want, that's all I can hope for. I have made choices that turned out to be not so great after a while...using the Brainier LMS is NOT one of those. I am still happy with it, still excited about it, and look forward to it's growth that brings our Company to a better place.

Pros

You can't speak of the LMS without talking about it's ease of use. It's the number one thing for users! It has to be easy enough for people to use so you don't spend all of your time walking people through managing their learning all of the time. The second thing...reporting! I get 95% of what I need out of the static reports and it provides me with numbers hat we couldn't get before. Yes, other LMS...

Cons

Cons...there are some improvements that could be made. I personally have a hard time with the custom reports, could be just me but I think there could be some improvement there. There are some little things like being able to delete things?! I fully understand why they don't have that feature but how about a "hide" or something, just to make it cleaner...we do make mistakes. I wish the lists would keep the filters on, like if I am looking at 100 users or objects per page, I keep having to select that...just keep the 100 or maybe just keep whatever my last choice was, idk. Sometimes I want more data in the static reports, like the "Tag" (I'll add that to the forum).

So far, so good

Pros

A company I do work for just started using this LMS. So far, we like it. It is great because you can build your courses directly into the LMS, or import if you would rather.

Cons

There is an opportunity to improve the graphics. You can't tailor the look and feel of the page that employees land on. It can appear a bit noisy.

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for the review. I think some of limitations of the system you're experiencing might be role-specific. The Brainier LMS is actually quite "skinnable" as well as flexible in using custom HTML pages. Please reach out to Brainier support at support@brainier.com to clear up these issues. We'd love to show you just how robust The Brainier LMS is.

Easy for Students to Use

Elan is a suitable system for our organization's needs. The working relationship that I have with the Brainier team has been very valuable. I appreciate what they are able to offer and wish them continued success as they grow their customer base.

Pros

The student portal is very simple for our students to access and complete their courses. The user interface is attractive and training records are able to be retrieved easily. Elan meets our needs as our training environment has been put into the spotlight.

Cons

This is the third LMS that i have worked with. The admin side of Elan lacks some of the flexibility that I have experienced with other systems. Some of the logic tied to the admin functionality doesn't seem to align with my needs to administer the system.

Emily from NGK

We have been attempting to use Brainier LMS for record keeping and although it does everything we need it to, it has been a struggle to implement due to management resistance. We are still working on it though and have made strides in the last 3 years of using it. Overall, we have received exceptional customer service and our questions are always answered quickly and sufficiently.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. It is very fluid and user friendly, so I and many of my colleagues have picked it up quickly.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything right now.

Helping us grow

Our firm is growing, and Brainier's team has been consulting us throughout the year on ways to adapt our current approach to accommodate our new needs. We are so picky, and they provide thoughtful approaches with each request.

Pros

The newest release has an attractive dashboard with several visual and interactive opportunities. Makes are content look better!

Cons

There are opportunities for refinement that would help our users and admins. Each small feature combined would make a big impact.

Brainier Review

We didn't have an LMS prior to using Brainier, so it was a very helpful solution for us in order to manage our training programs and the training records for our Associates. Our account reps are very helpful and responsive when we need anything.

Pros

I love the ability to be able to login as other users to easily see what they can see and check access rights. I also like the format of the screens, with easy to use menus and tiles. The ability to import and mass mark completions is helpful. And the analytics dashboard is a nice tool to have quick visibility to various metrics.

Cons

The reporting could be better. I'm glad there is ability to do custom reports, but it is still limited on what can be done. However we are able to report on everything we need to.

Thanks for the review!

Exceeds our needs in a learning management software

Pros

Cons

No complaints. The only suggestion which might make the LMS even more appealing would be to have additional high quality content which would meet our needs in certain areas so that I didn't have to search and vet additional providers.

Elizabeth's Review

The customer support is amazing. Each person that answers the phone when I call is more helpful then the next. No one ever makes me feels rushed

Pros

Compatibility with other programs and ease of use- mobile viewing capabilities

Cons

I like everything. It was hardest to understand the group files but i think that was because of the files on our end.

Great tool for sending assessments and learning modules

Pros

I have used this during the onboarding process and found it very user friendly. On the administrative side, I utilize it to send learning assemssments after educational courses. It is easy to develop content, send via distirbutional lists, and analyze data.

Cons

Don't have any issues for the job I need it to do.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Brainier LMS

Brainier have great support team, great IT team that does all the things that needs to be done. They take advice and try to accommodate your need as much as they can, when they update the software. This is a great team of people who work together in a timely manner.

Pros

This is a very friendly user face and back end administrative software.

Cons

There is no con about this software that I can think of or remember.

Great Saas LMS tool easy to set up with SSO

Would recommend for global company. Many language available already.

Pros

Good tool. Easy to use and administer. All bells and whistles of LMS SCORM needed. Good selection of languages. Lots of security rights set up and easy configurable.

Cons

Need to allow better resolution on videos. A bit more selection of language like Thai and Hindi would be nice.

Simple to use, packed full of features

-The customer support is amazing! They are always incredibly helpful, extremely knowledgeable, and just an absolute joy to work with!

Pros

- Incredibly intuitive. Each of the modules within the support team uses a step-by-step process to get things done. The final step, "here is precisely what you're about to do, are you sure?" is extremely helpful for beginners like me - Customer Service is the best I've ever seen. I love that when I call the person I talk to addresses me by name and is already logged into my LMS client before we even get into the issue. Out of the 9-10 times I've had to call (most are my inexperience, not system problems) the request has never taken longer than 24 hours to solve. I just cannot say enough good things about Customer support. - the "Experience" site is used to share knowledge among other Admin users. I love this feature!!

Cons

I wish I could come up with some words to say

Seamlessly fast transition and ramp-up to going live. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Pros

I really like how easy it was from initial conversation through launch. This is the first LMS for our company, so it was really important we got it right from the start, and I know that we have done that. I also really like the gamification that's built-in because I was able to setup an incentive for everyone to get started with the site. Although they aren't software, I truly appreciate the customer support offered as part of the purchase. They are very responsive and act as my first line of support for login issues, pop-up blocking issues, etc.

Cons

Similar to all LMS options, there isn't much flexibility with how to organize the entire set of courseware available. There are really great advances with this recently, though so, this turns back into a pro because of how quickly they respond to user/admin feedback with new releases.

Easy to use with fantastic customer support!

All is wonderful.....any cons are minor and not an issue. Carissa Massaro rocks!

Pros

Ease of use by end users, Reporting options, Customer service, Support, Price and value, system upgrades/ updates that are directly from what they hear from system admins / customers - very refreshing!

Cons

Offer more customization choices for look, formats, reporting drill downs, class completions status options....nothing big but I can dicuss more if anyone wants to talk!

Easy to maintain.

Pros

As an administrator the product is easy to set up and maintain. The training and support that Brainier offers to support the product is outstanding.

Cons

I would like more reporting functionality that allow for tracking on items that are not complete..

Great training program!

Users find it easier to use this system. They are able to print out material for future reference. We are also able to add in videos in several formats which has enhanced the learning experience.

Pros

It is easy to add courses and material to the LMS. Changes in group structure are also easily made. Users find the system easy to use.

Cons

It took a bit of time to understand how to create.custom reports.

I recommend Brainier

Great product all around, could not be any happier with it and the Brainier team.

Pros

Interface is very user friendly for users and admins. The process for adding content is very fast and easy.

Cons

Just some small things that cold be fixed such as moving columns around when building custom reports.

Out of 15 systems reviewed, we chose TTN Elan

What matters to your organization most? GUI, Configurability, Ease of Use, Content, Support, Reporting, Content Management, Segregation of workgroups, Manager access and empowerment, Tagging, Supporting multiple entities??? TTN does a lot of things well, and their support has been exceptional. We have been a customer for a few years now, and we remain happy with our selection. Paired with a solid...

Cons

The product works well and ties in with our HR system. Setup was confusing and difficult, but it works smoothly now.

Pros

It ties in with our HR system and communicates with employees through Outlook. There is a wide variety of content available.

Cons

Setup was very difficult and confusing. Communication with our HR company and Brainier could have been better.

Great system, great support, easy to integrate and run

Our experience with Branier is great. The functionality covers everything we need. They provide excellent personalized support.

Pros

Simplicity and features. It includes everything we need.

Cons

Can't think of any features I'm missing.

A great LMS

Pros

From the administrative standpoint, Elan hits a lot of marks. It's easy to upload and organize materials, has an internal messaging system, and has nice search functionality.

Cons

Two things. You cannot clone documents (duplicate them and easily switch out new versions). And entering the times for instructor lead training classes is a little wonky.

Easy to use and navigate

Pros

Able to perform all necessary tasks easily. User friendly and well formatted.

Cons

Don't have any concerns as a user. I do not have any experience with set up or administration of the product though.

Thanks for the review!

Elan: An Excellent LMS Supported by Superb Customer-Focused Service

The Elan platform is easy to customize to a company's learning needs. The platform is intuitive and links learners to excellent resources. All of this is supported by TTN's superb customer-focused staff. Whenever I have needed resources, TTN staff members have been there for me, helping me find resources and ways of delivering them effectively to learners.

Training Tracks for Career Improvement

I was given the opportunity to use this program through my company. I was hesitant at first because I thought that it was in essence more busy wok for me. I have found that TTN learning is a great training ground to refine, enhance, and develop skills that are vital to making me a well rounded employee professionally as well as personally.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.