Cadence Reviews

Cadence

Cloud-based communications platform for the education sector

Cadence

Review Summary

Pros

Using Cadence has really been transformative for us as a program. Our ability to help students is so much greater now that we have this enhanced ability to connect with them.

Eric C.

Eric C.

Stacia M.

Brien N.

It does restrict the number of students that we can bring in.

Austin P.

I think the way the software is organized is extremely confusing.

Bethany M.

4.9

A solution your staff will love!

From the moment we started researching Cadence, it has been a wonderful experience. Mongoose has a phenomenal team of people who have been extremely helpful from day one. When I have suggestions, I always feel like my voice is being heard and their annual conference is one of the best professional conferences I've ever been to. You won't regret working with this product or this team!

Pros

The best part about Cadence is how easy it is to use and how affective it is for connecting us with our audience. We were able to get it up and running within weeks—including our staff training! We have a number of staff members who tend to be nervous about new technology but everyone on our team has found it to be extremely intuitive. Especially with the mobile app, it feels no different than sending and receiving texts through your normal messaging app.

Cons

One issue I've found is that it can be difficult to update contact records on the fly. For example, if a student texts us but they were not previously in the system, I haven't been able to find a way to just easily "add a contact" with their name and info. It has to go through the import process with our student information system.

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and glowing review, Sarah! We are so happy that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

A Great Solution for My TRIO SSS Program

Pros

The software is easy to use and easy to understand. Anyone familiar with email, especially Gmail, will find the interface very intuitive. Our ability to reach and interact with our students has increased dramatically by using this software, and we are reaching students who we were not reaching via email. Having the option for each advisor to have their own number has been fantastic, and it is easy query the list of students and send multiple texts all at once.

Cons

Being able to edit all fields for contacts in the interface would be very helpful. Sometimes updating a user-defined field for a single student can feel unnecessarily laborious.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Eric! We're thrilled to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you and your staff. In addition, stay tuned for support from your Client Success Lead in regards to editing contacts.

Honest Opinion

Pros

I think the customer service is outstanding. I know exactly who to contact for any assistance and they are extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons

I think the way the software is organized is extremely confusing. I honestly don't like how the departments are set up. I don't think the way it's organized is user friendly. I also wish it would integrate better with our SIS so that I could get automatic texts set up. We have looked in to this option and told it would not work.

Thank you for your honest feedback, Bethany! We are so happy to hear that you've had a wonderful experience with our Cadence team! Please know that your opinion is valued. I have taken your input in regards to layout and integration to our engineering team for future product feature rollouts.

Mongoose Cadence is a Lifesaver!

Cadence has been a lifesaver to our office. We pride ourselves on individualized attention and relationship building with our students and this product has allowed us to meet our students on their level. This product has made communication so much easier for our staff and the students we serve!

Pros

Mongoose Cadence allows us to interact with the students that apply to our institution in a fast, easy, and convenient way. Texting is the primary source of communication and Mongoose makes texting as effortless as possible whether you're doing it from your computer at work or from your cell via their app.

Cons

Honestly, no cons! I have found that any time there were adjustments needed to the software Mongoose Cadence staff worked to update the product to be as efficient and effective as possible!

Thank you so much for your feedback, Julia! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Mongoose Cadence Usage

The overall experience over the course of the first year has been great! I highly reccommend Cadence as a texting software for any recruitment and retention needs across any field.

Pros

The setup and implementation of the product are seamless. The support received from the client success leads as well as the tech team is very informational and helpful. The Cadence team wants nothing but success for their clients and it shows with their support and constant growth of the software. Sending individual messages with the click of a button is extremely effective and efficient for departments of all sizes.

Cons

The one downside that we have experienced would be that we are unable to send video messages. We have navigated this nicely thought and used images as well as links to videos.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Brien! We are so glad to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting software! In addition, we've shared your experience with your Client Success Lead and engineering team as we continue to make updates in the future.

Cadence review

Our audience often chooses text communication over phone calls and emails. Implementing Cadence allows us to efficiently reach out and communication with our students throughout their entire life-cycle; from recruitment through alumni. It allows us to easily send large volume texts to specific groups: orientation, career fairs, etc. We've implemented various texting communication strategies that has helped us reduce our melt (students lost from date of application to date of start).

Pros

Integration and implementation were super-easy. It took very little to get us up & running. I love all the features: segments (allowing us to target a subset), group account (allows multiple staff to monitor the replies for an event, i.e. orientation), smart messages. If I had to pick 1 or 2 items, it would be: Support - the friendliness and responsiveness of everyone in the organization and also the fact that the team continues to work on ways to improve the software - adding new features that make our jobs more efficient.

Cons

I'd love to see smart messages implemented for all accounts and not just for the group account. We'd love a way to sync our cell phone number so that outbound calls appeared to be originating from our Cadence virtual number (this might be a phone carrier enhancement and not something Cadence can control).

Thank you so much for your feedback, David! We're happy to hear that the integration and implementation process went smoothly for you! In addition, your experience with smart messages and outbound calls have been shared with our development team to continually make positive improvements in the platform.

Connection in the Covid-Era

Pros

The ability to connect with 1-3,000 prospective students on a daily basis has been mission changing for our institution. Messaging lists are easy to build, messages are slick to send, replies are easy, and usage data is easy to retrieve.

Cons

I wish there was a way to send recurring messages — but I’m told it coming (soonish!...)

Thank you so much for your feedback, Amanda! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and positive experience for you!

We LOVE Cadence!

We have loved working with the Cadence team and the product. The Mongoose employees are super helpful and fun and kind and the product is 100%. We love it.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the sleek, modern feel, and the feedback and response that we receive from students via text compared to email and phone calls. We love everything about Cadence!

Cons

I cannot think of anyting negative to say. Honestly!

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lowell! We are thrilled to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Great Overall Product

Overall, they have a great team with great overall customer service. My technical requests/questions are responded to and answered, usually, the same day. I am highly satisfied with the use of this product and they seem to have new upgrades/features on an annual basis that make their platform more intuitive and that much easier to use.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to implement and begin using right out of the box. The shared inbox feature has been incredibly helpful as well as the ability to text several students at a very personalized level. Minimal training is required due to it's easy-to-understand platform. It has been very reliable and integrates easily using secure data transfers (automated) so you can be sure your communication remains as strategic as possible.

Cons

Something that should be improved upon is the deduplication process. For example, if I manually text a student and add only their first and last name, the text goes through just fine and it manually adds that record. However, when that student comes in thereafter with more data to add to their record, the import on that record will be blocked altogether and the original (manually entered) record will not be updated. This is because there is no student ID assigned. My assumption is that record is only updated based on student ID. Since the phone number exists in the system, it will not allow any other records to be imported with the same number.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Brian! We're really happy to hear the implementation and reliability of Cadence worked well for your institution. We would be interested to hear more about your issues with deduplication. Your Client Success Lead will be reaching out to you to learn more about how we can help make this process easier for you.

It's true love with Cadence!

Cadence has been wonderful to work with from the very beginning. They're kind, witty, and willing to answer questions as needed. In terms of third parties we use they're THE BEST at customer service and satisfaction. Wouldn't trade this software for anything else!

Pros

This software significantly increased our ability to text prospective students. Our team was already texting but from their personal phones. (Yikes!) This allows our team to send texts en masse on the fly, track the success of calls to action, and more. Even our least tech-friendly team member can use this with ease! Or, less hand-holding than usual. ;) We love Cadence and have recommended it others often!

Cons

There's just a few edits I'd make to the interface. I would LOVE if we could "assign" templates and segments to specific users. It's sometimes cumbersome for them to see allllll the options when we have 26 users. I think it would clean up the program a bit!

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Kayla! We are so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform.

Cadence - Mongoose Review

Overall, I have loved being a partner with cadence! Their customer service is fantastic and has genuinely made an incredible impact on communicating with our students. When Email seemed to get lost in the muck more than ever, cadence has allowed us to break through and build a relationship with the students.

Pros

One of the things that I enjoy most about the software is sending smart messages. Often, we want to notify students about an event, gauge interest, or anything in between. However, it does take quite a bit of time too sit there and respond to hundreds of messages even if it's a simple yes or no question. Having the ability to set up an automatic response and then monitor anything that comes in after that makes it much easier for myself and others. also, the ease to create a segment and message our students quickly and effectively

Cons

One of the things that I wish was a bit easier with our software Would be importing a new class of students. It's not as seamless as I would hope it would be. It does restrict the number of students that we can bring in. For example, we can't import more than about 10,000 students. Hence, we have to be cognizant of the report that's being generated because if it's too many, then the report will just stall out. Our student's information is not up to date.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Austin! We are so glad to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting software! In addition, we've shared your experience with your Client Success Lead, so stay tuned for an update on how to make the uploading process easier.

Cadence Cares!

As a College that has been using the product since Fall 2014 it has made communication to students easier and has made our staff happier. Texting has been a very popular form of communication for incoming students and the staff love how fast they can respond to students request whether from the dashboard for the application. As a supervisor it makes file review for the staff much more manageable and with the integration with our CRM it is a product I push to renew each year.

Pros

I like that the dashboard is easy to use and navigate. From an administrator's standpoint the features help with reporting, organization and keeping the staff on track. The ease of use and notifications to your email or to the app rank very high with me.

Cons

I would love to send to more than 1000 students from a list but that has not hindered our experience.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Nicole! We're thrilled to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you and your staff. In addition, stay tuned for support from your Client Success Lead in regards large group messaging.

Easy to Use with Excellent Response Rate

Cadence has really modernized the way we communicate with students. Ultimately our end goal is effective, efficient, meaningful communication and, quite simply, Cadence delivers all of that and more. The platform is very user friendly and the response rate from students has been excellent.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly and the response rate is excellent. I really like how many data fields can be uploaded about each Contact. I love the Segments feature and use it to reach targeted groups. Customized templates make it easy when I need to send a lot of messages.

Cons

I wish I could see Sent and Archived messages on the App, like I can on the desktop version. I also wish there was an way to look up the texting history with a Contact.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Stacia! We are so happy to hear that Cadence has helped you achieve your goal of effective and meaningful communication with your students. In addition, we've shared your input on mobile app preferences with our engineering team for future consideration. Thank you again for your glowing review!

Great product and even better service!

We've been able to meet prospective students where they are as opposed to sending yet another email that students won't read. We're able to build relationships faster than ever because of students know they have a real person on the other end of the line.

Pros

Integration with Slate was seamless and if I ever have a question it takes fifteen minutes for our account representative to get back to us. Cadence has allowed us to engage our prospective and current students like never before!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to view reports right in the browser rather than exporting them.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Jeff! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you! In addition, we've submitted your input on features and functionality to our engineering team as we continue to develop our texting platform.

Best Customer Support

The customer service with Mongoose and Cadence has been exceptional. Any time I've had an issue the customer service team has gotten back to me with an update quickly.

Pros

The ease of using Cadence has been such a blessing to our office. We have a lot of turnover in admission and the training process for Cadence is as easy as it gets!

Cons

I think the auto-update segment feature should be available to users and not just administrators.

Thank you so much for your glowing review, Alecia! We're so happy to hear that implementing Cadence with new users has been a streamlined and easy process for you! In addition, I've also shared your input with our engineering team with regards to the auto-update segment feature.

A great way to connect

I love how fast they respond to requests, questions, etc. Budgets are stretched thin and every dollar counts, so it is nice to spend our money with a group who cares about our success.

Pros

Cadence is very easy to use and convenient. The app makes it so easy to get and respond to texts without having to be at your desk. Also, the scheduling feature helps with future planning and makes it much easier to remember to connect or send event reminders.

Cons

My only problem currently is updating incorrect numbers across the system. It would be easier if there was also a way to update a contact's information across all teams instead of having to go into each team to update a new phone number, etc.

Thank you so much for your honest and thorough feedback, Caroline! This is extremely helpful as we continue to roll out new product features for our customers.

Next Level Connection

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Cadence. The team behind the product has been wonderful to work with. My client support lead, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been extremely supportive. Other staff have been a great support to our own IT team as we implemented FTP.

Pros

I appreciate that Cadence allows me and my team to connect on a personal level with each contact we make yet have the ability to make that connection with many folks at the same time. This is crucial for us as a school - a positive personal connection is often the foundation of a trusting relationship.

Cons

At times I had a hard time manually importing data into Cadence. I shared a bit of feedback to the team that certain aspects of the manual import were difficult and the team immediately started asking more questions about my feedback. They cared about what was difficult and wanted to make it better. Soon after those conversations, there were changes made to the manual import process which alleviated most of the difficulties!

Thank you so much for the feedback, Sarah! We're happy to hear that your Client Success Lead was able to help you successfully navigate importing data to Cadence. We're thrilled that Cadence is your preferred texting platform.

Highly recommend to anyone in higher education

I have nothing but positive things to day about Cadence-- both in terms of product, company, and customer support. They are easy to work with, highly efficient, and very helpful.

Pros

Cadence/Mongoose's texting software has been a true game changer for us in our office, as well as at other divisions around campus. We currently use it in Admissions, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, and the Center for Student Success. Students' response rate is high and their engagement is much more significant than with email, calls, and even social media. It's a great product for higher education.

Cons

Still working on integrating with some CRMs, like Slate, but they release updates regularly so I am sure it's not too far behind.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Milena! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Amazing product for timely communication

We wouldn't have been able to survive the pandemic if we didn't have Mongoose Cadence. Their system allowed us to be in constant communication with our students. We guided new people through the admissions process into enrollment. We were also able to reduce melt by keeping connected to current students.

Pros

Being able to instantly send communications to the students phone. They may not check an email, but they'll look at a text.

Cons

Data entry could be easier, but once it's there, you're off to the races.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Eric! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Great product, great people, great communication tool!

Everything from implementation to product use has been fantastic. An experienced team provides support and training documents as often as needed! Our use of Cadence has become a huge asset to our admissions teams (and auxiliary offices) allowing us to connect with students in real-time.

Pros

The product is easy to use and proves to be a great communication tool for individual or group messages, while their client support is unbeatable!

Cons

There was some confusion about how to best set up the system with multiple departments and proper data flow. Their support team was fantastic though and provided great guidance quickly!

Thank you so much for your feedback, Angela! We are so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Ease of use and set up

The use of the product has enabled us to be more efficient in our outreach. Our messages are getting to our intended audiences at a higher rate than other options.

Pros

The product is easy to use and the vendor was accommodating and instrumental when setting up integration with our ERP.

Cons

We have not experienced any negatives to date.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Gus! We are so glad to hear that Cadence has allowed you to be more efficient with your outreach. We greatly appreciate your partnership!

Great Product that I Use Daily!

Pros

I like how Cadence makes it easier for me to communicate with my students on a more personal level. The desktop software is extremely easy to use and I like that there is also a mobile app I can use when away from my computer.

Cons

Sometimes there are some minor glitches with the app.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Lauren! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is easy to use whether you're on your desktop or the mobile app!

Cadence Review

Pros

I love the full integration with our CRM, I also like the ease of use for my entire team.

Cons

We are transitioning to a new CRM and I wish it integrated with the custom reports in Workday in a similar fashion to targets in Radius.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Shawn! We're happy to hear that the integration process has been a positive experience for you. In regards to a Workday integration, I have alerted our team to help with that as well.

Cadence Mongoose

I

Pros

The platform solves the problem of students not checking emails. When we implemented Mongoose, we instantly started to have high response rates from students.

Cons

The limitations of filtering could be easier, but this is solved with segments.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has helped increase your response rate with students!

VWU feedback

It has been wonderful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our rep is quick to respond and made this whole process easy.

Pros

It is easy to use and allows us immediate access to students. We can communicate with students much faster than before and in today's climate that's a must! We can save templates of texts which saves us time. The reports on campaigns are easy to read and use. It talks to our CRM.

Cons

I wish that we could text internationally (we have a campus in Japan). I wish the Cadence phone number that shows up as the text number could be masked as our current work cell phone numbers so students can associate one number to their counselor vs. 2.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Heather! We're so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with the Cadence team! In addition, we've shared your input on international texting with our engineering team as we continue to make changes in the future.