CampWise Reviews

Suggested alternatives

campsite
campminder
sawyer

Campwise wants you to succeed and they are continually looking for ways to help camps streamline the organizational side of camp. From the leadership to customer service they are there to help you.
Sometimes we have had problems on the platform when people are registering them, but they always call us and fix our problems.
The reports and parameters for the report can be very confusing.

HD

Hannah D.

The Customer Service is Unparalleled

Pros

It is very easy to get a hold of the Customer Service Department, and they always resolve my issues quickly and completely. Any database & registration software program will have a steep learning curve, and idiosyncratic imperfections or inefficiencies. But the staff at CampWise do a great job of educating their users, and finding solutions to the problems that arise.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve to figure out how to use CampWise. It is not always intuitive about how to do things, or where to go within the software to do what you need to do. For this reason, I have only trained one other staff person at our camp in how to use CampWise, and that person is only trained in entering donation records (not camper registration management, or other functions). It would be nice (but not imperative) if I could give additional employees access to the program, but the training time makes it easier for me to just do everything myself.

PK

Paul K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Feature-rich software with excellent customer support

We have enjoyed working with the team at CampWise. They have grown with us and added lots of new reporting features that will make it much easier for new customers (we have been with them for over 10 years). The software is a great tool in streamlining the work of a small office team.

Pros

I love the ability to track registrations, rentals, donors, staff, financial accounts in one database. We have migrated all of our data and processes to take advantage of Campwise features, and benefit greatly particularly from the registration/booking and invoice tracking.

Cons

Some customers have found the online portal frustrating to navigate. It may be that they're trying to skip steps... On the office side, it has taken quite a bit of set-up to really take advantage of the automation possibilities. But now it has streamlined a lot of our tracking and communication.

GJ

Geneva J.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Solid Event Management

Overall we've been happy to be long term users of CampWise. Their support team is very helpful, and they have set up customer solutions for us and our team that are greatly appreciated. I think they are a budget friendly option for many camp grounds or rental facilities

Pros

It has all of the needed features to sell our shoulder season programs under a few different business lines. CampWise is modular and easy to use, and does include a workable calendar that helps to visualize the upcoming weeks and months. All of our teams can find the general information they need to run successful programs in one place.

Cons

We would love to be able to color code the calendar by site or area of our property. The colors chosen are at random, which makes it important to name events it a way that indicates what they are for, but that is cumbersome.

TM

Travis M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Group holds are awesome for camp registration

Pros

One of the major of the major reasons our camp came to CampWise was the group hold feature. It works flawlessly, if groups want to register for camp but still have the individuals do the actual sign up, CampWise is the software for you. They offer almost every other feature the other major camp management software has, but the group hold is unique to comprise. The cost was in line with the others that we did demos with. Customer support is better with CampWise than it was with our old provider by leaps and bounds.

Cons

There are a few features we miss that we had with others. Such as requiring a credit card surcharge, the ability to purchase camp store stuff online, and ease of reports.

JB

Julie B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Went the extra mile for us this year.

CAMPWISE always sticks with whatever issue we have until it is satisfactorily resolved.

Pros

This year we not only had all the craziness of dealing with the COIVD-19 pandemic we also had major staffing transitions that made us very dependent on the CAMPWISE support team. They went out of their way to make sure we stayed afloat and did not drown. We could not have made it without them going the extra mile for us and I am very grateful!

Cons

We have a list of program options that in themselves have different options so the reporting can be a bit complicated. However, CAMPWISE is always willing to created reports for based on our individual needs.

RB

Raquel B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Help I'm New to Campwise!

I came into Campwise in the busiest season with no training in camp or Campwise. If it weren't for the customer service department, I would not have survived! I had to call them to get help nearly every day in the beginning! They were always kind, gracious, patient and helped me walk through each new thing I encountered. By far the most exciting part of learning Campwise has been the Conference Module....

Pros

By far the best part of Campwise is the customer service! I have not encountered any other company, regardless of what they sell, that has customer service comparable to Campwise. No answering machines, no waiting on hold, they are always kind, friendly, and will help with your questions no matter how big or small the importance or how many times you ask! Secondly, the conference module is amazing! It allows us to register people as a group rather than individually. The contracts are professional looking and have increased our deposit returns by nearly 5 months!

Cons

The financial side of Campwise is by far the most detailed part of Campwise. The varied number of reports that can be run and determining which report is needed can be overwhelming. If you have a financial manager it would benefit them to become familiar with Campwise as well. The ability to find and track the financial information is a huge benefit to our camp.

TK

Trisha K.

Product keeps getting better

I'm happy with their service and improvements. I've looked at a lot of databases considering changing but always decide to stick with CampWise. The databases that cost a bunch more don't have enough more value to justify switching.

Pros

I like that the support team is constantly adjusting and make this product better. I've worked with a lot of different databases over the years. No database is perfect and the only way I'd find one that's 5 stars would be if someone wrote it just for our camp. But CampWise has consistently gotten better every year. They have a great support team. Friendly and helpful

Cons

The reporting is a bit complex and complicated but has gotten better over the years and see changes happening to make it even better. I think it's complex because they are trying to make it work for every camp and every situation. I'm sure that's daunting to do but it just continues to get better

KS

Kayla S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Campwise Review

Pros

What I like most about CampWise is the customer service. The staff are always quick to respond and thorough in providing us service.

Cons

My least favorite part of CampWise is switching between all the platforms to access what I need in that moment.

JR

Janelle R.

Friendly & Knowledgeable Staff

With not having training in Campwise when I started my job, the Campwise Team has made it very easy to understand. They have been more than willing to talk me through situations, showing me how to use modules and just teach me how to use Campwise to make my life and co-workers lives easier.

Pros

The Campwise Team is very friendly and knowledgeable. They will help you out with most everything that you throw at them.

Cons

The reports and parameters for the report can be very confusing.

Thomas B.

CampWise more complicated than it needs to be

We outgrew our old registration software and were looking for a new more robust registration system. We thought we had found it with CampWise. The product can do most anything, but it is needlessly complex. It can be almost impossible as an administrator to drill down to the information that you need. We're going to stick with it since we are in the middle of our season, but are already considering switching to someone else.

LM

Lori M.

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

I've tried many. This is the best!

GREAT!! Our company has tried CampBrain, CampDoc and CampWise, looking for a camp management software that addresses all of our needs. CampWise provides it all and provides it better than the competition. This first year we have seen a 20% increase in camper registrations and I attribute much of that it to CampWise.

Pros

The ability to automate the process and ensure that customers and our company receives the information we need when we need it, sets CampWise well above the competition. CampWise allows us to provide the customer service we have always desired to provide, even in the midst of our busy summer season. Our families are notified when its time to make payments, when they need to complete forms, they receive...

Cons

Setting up this system takes time. They provide great customer service and a one-on-one consultant to walk with you through every step of the processes and will even do most of the work for you. But we wanted to do the work in order to really learn the system. To use CampWise to its fullest capacity you should consider each e-mail, each needed report well in advance. Once the system is up and running, CampWise utilizes an email support system. While they usually have an answer to your questions the same day or by the next day, I would prefer being able to pick up the phone and get an answer to my question right away. I guess I am just old school and don't mind waiting in queue for the next tech person.

TB

Tina B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Made for Camps

We went from using gmail, google sheets and docs, Quickbooks and Salesforce to this one system. It saves us so much time, money and energy that we wasted by updating several apps manually. Everything is in one place now. Our staff, CEO, accountant, and board members are all on the same page, there are no surprises and we can all contribute and stay informed. The set up is easier than other programs I have set up and Campwise was there every step of the way. We did weekly Zoom meetings to get all the details added so it didn't seem so daunting because we did it in steps and I learned as we went. Campwise staff is the best I have ever encountered, they are very responsive and made me feel like I was their only priority, and part of their family.

Pros

It's hard to say what I like most because I have several favorites! I love that it puts everything in one place, all our contacts were imported so I can pull them up and share between both our camp locations, but still have separate calendars and reporting for each camp event. I love the reporting, it is quick and easy to pull reports, or if you need more custom reports you can go in deep and pull any data you need and customize it. I love the set up, we were able to explain our business to the project managers at Campwise and they helped me build exactly what we needed. The outcome could not have been better and it fits our needs to the letter since we built it that way.

Cons

We are used to using a color coding for our events on the calendars and I don't have that, (yet). I have asked and they said they can do that in the future, as they take feedback and are always improving.

LM

Lynne M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Long time user - multiple sites

I have been a user for several years and at three different sites. I have helped implement it at the first site and now at this site. At the first site, we had a horrible product that was just not working for us. The current site did not have a system in place and I already knew this software although I did compare others. I have been really pleased with the support that I have had and the fact that they listen to their customers when we ask for specific software developments that would make their product easier to use and more functional.

Pros

I like that there are different modules for camp, conference, and donor. You can choose all three if your site has a use for all three. With our current site, we only needed the conference module at this particular time. We can add the donor module and or camp (registration) modules when and if needed.

Cons

Setup is tedious. I don't have a comparison to other product setups to compare though so I cannot really say if it is better or worse than others.

CS

Cheri S.

TERRIFIC customer support!

After unexpectedly finding myself in a position to need to take over for our office manager, I was terribly anxious about all the things I didn't know and hadn't previously had to worry about in our camp office. What I have found in the past six months is that CampWise is EXCELLENT about responding promptly to inquiries! I have lost count of the support calls and emails that the CampWise team has had...

Pros

So grateful that their support is quick and helpful!

Cons

In the years before I was employed by the camp, I wasn't a fan as a parent of the online registration process . . . now that I'm employed, I do hear from people trying to register. Will be interested in exploring this more with CW staff when I feel better acquainted with everything.

MA

Mary Anne M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Best Customer Service Ever!

The CampWise staff has been AMAZING!!! From the very first demo, through the data transfer from our old system, setup of the CampWise system to our site, to the regular tech support, they have been amazing! I have always felt intimidated by tech support, but they have been nothing but kind, patient, helpful, knowledgeable and supportive, with every step.

Pros

We use the Conference module only. It's easy to use, gives us great data analysis through the reports, is user-friendly for our staff, and professional in appearance and functionality

Cons

We needed to customize the contract. I wish that the customized contract and invoice were printable from inside the product, instead of having to generate the custom contract from outside of the product.

DH

David H.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

NEEDLESSLY complex

Increased awareness of horrible products.

Pros

I can't even say that it saves administrative staff any work, because it seems to create even more for them!

Cons

EVERYTHING! Twenty years from now, we may be wondering about this or that camp, why registration declined and they had to close down. The reason will be: they switched to CampWise and people decided it wasn't worth wading through so much UX crap, both front-end and back-end, just to get into the camp's front gate. There may not have been ANY thought put into streamlining how a typical user would work their way through registration. Everything you've ever heard bad about government websites is embodied here - I'm renewing my family's passports right now, and CampWise makes that process seem like a breeze. Be nice to your campers and especially their parents: stay AWAY from CampWise!

LS

Lauren S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

They are expanding and adding new features!

Their customer support team is extremely helpful. They are always willing to help through email, phone call, or video tutorial.

Pros

I appreciate the company's ability to be adaptable to what their customers need. There have been times in the past that we wished Campwise would have offered a certain feature. When we spoke with them about it, they took steps to improve the process and/or make that feature available. They seem to be growing and developing with the needs of their customers.

Cons

The design and layout is not the most user friendly, though this has also been improving over the past few years. It would be great to see this develop more often.

JY

Jeff Y.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Came for the price, staying for the features

Hands down, the Campwise team want you to be successful. They listen, offer suggestions, and give real-time solutions quickly to help you do what you need to do the way you need to do it. The more we work with the system, the quicker and easier it is for us to process registrations and check availability and rebook groups for next year. I'm glad we switched!

Pros

The functionality of the product far outshines the competition. It offers automated steps to do the things that sometimes get forgotten or we are too busy to do.

Cons

It isn't "pretty" on the back-end which can make the transition from other software difficult, but I'll trade pretty for a cost-effective product with much more in the way of ability and power any day!

JN

Jim N.

The best overall Management system I could find

I researched 22 management systems and Campwise was the last that I checked out. We are incredibly happy with our decisions. The product offers pretty much everything that we are looking for and many items that we were not looking for. Hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced with a software. The staff sincerely care about their customers.

Pros

Wide range of products: Registration, back end management, staff management, reports, mobile apps: point of sale, check-in, medical. Customer Support is bar none the best.

Cons

Detailed reporting requires VPN access.

KJ

Kristine J.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent program and service

Hello all at Campwise, I would like to say thank you so much to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & the ladies that answer the phones!!! Always great help when I need it & it is always so easy to figure out after they walk you through it! I think it is a great program & you are improving it each & every day! Thank you again from all of us here at Stronghold Conference, Camp & Retreat Center in Oregon IL. 61061

Pros

Very easy to learn & use. Customer support is always pleasant and helps you get your answers!

Cons

I really do not have any issues that Issue Track & Campwise support staff can not just walk me through it!

BA

Becca A.

Used other for less than 6 months

CampWise Review

It has been sometime since I used CampWise, so it is quite possible that the system has been upgraded since my last use. If my workplace was to stop using our current software, I would definitely include CampWise as part of my search for a new one.

Pros

It was software designed for exactly what we needed: Camp Registration. Because that was it's focus it obviously included everything needed to do that. It also had built in "restrictions" to help make avoid mistakes (i.e. you told the system it was a boys cabin, it wouldn't let you accidentally put a girl in that cabin and so on)

Cons

The system lagged and required a very good internet connection to work. We were working remotely at a camp with not great wifi so it made it difficult to get work done, often we had to call our head office to have taskes completed there as CampWise would not work on our system (even though the internet itself was functioning).

RD

Renae D.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Campwise consolidated our work!

Campwise is always willing to help us with any issues. They have created custom reports to meet our individual needs.

Pros

Everything in one place. Combined our work from multiple applications into one central application. They are always working to improve and create something more efficient.

Cons

Initial set up was daunting since we were not using a camp management application, but they were very helpful and supportive the whole way through.

LF

Louisa F.

Review for CampWise

Pros

We've used this software for years, so we're used to it. They have great customer service and typically get back to you quickly.

Cons

It's not user friendly in the front office. We have to walk parents and staff members through the application process and it can be really frustrating on both ends

Thank you for the review. Our parent portal has been streamlined over the years based on our customer's needs. We also offer tech support to any users having issues by phone or text.

KS

Kyle S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Pretty Decent (but not extraordinary)

We solve almost all of our registration problems with CampWise.

Pros

You can use it for *almost* everything in the summer camp world. We are able to register, enroll, manage payment, and a few other things with CampWise

Cons

It seems like the customer service is lacking. We have had multiple problems occur on our end of the program and sometimes the customer service seems unwilling to understand or help with our problem. It also only really works with Google Chrome as a browser. This is somewhat inconvenient for our users who prefer Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc.

Thanks for the review. If you look through other reviews you will see how many camps claim our customer service is always there for them. You can call and get support without going through a prompt to get someone. We do work with other browsers, this is an outdated review as this is not true.

MA

Mahmoud A.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

There is no place for rest simpler than this

I don't know what to say but there was a quick response to us so that we could book this program next year.

Pros

There are a lot of things that I liked, but I will try to be brief.. It is a really great place and has features such as the system and speed. We were preparing the data very quickly and this did not take much time, it was just fast.. Also, there was a lot of interest in us, And in light of the Corona pandemic, there was a system so that injuries would not appear to us. It is a wonderful place and I hope to try it again

Cons

I just didn't see anything difficult or bad, I just had a good experience