Classtime Logo

Classtime

Learning and assessment management software

Classtime Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I have had a wonderful time using Classtime. The employees are always kind and quick to help as well.
I love the fact that I have the oportunity to create assessments, lessons and fun activities for my students in a reasonable amount of time. It is easy to use and student friendly.
I feel very proud of being the one that presented this amazing platform to evryoneone at my school.
It gets too confusing to have so many open sessions listed, but I hate deleting them just in case there is ever a question about how something was graded.
If I have to pick something, it's that I have to pay for premium. However, it is a nominal monthly fee, and I get more out of it than one-time payments on TPT.

NR

Nate R.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Classtime Review

I've used Classtime for over a year now. It has so much functionality--and it's growing. For only [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a month for premium, the amount of use that I've gotten out of it feels like an absolute steal. It's my go-to assessment tool for it's ease of use, quick access for students, and engagement with students.

Pros

There's probably not enough space here for me to list the amount of pros with Classtime. This is an excellent, well-rounded, and well-designed application for gathering quick assessment data from students. Literally, if there was one app online that I would encourage teachers to check out, Classtime would probably be my first go-to. My kids also love the collaborative challenges, which force them to work together to achieve mastery on particular skills or content of my choice.

Cons

There's not much I can list here... I've never been bothered by any particular limitation of this app. It's growing and a small startup, so I'm looking forward to it's potential future!

We appreciate your detailed review, Nate, thank you! We're pleased to hear your students are achieving mastery while also having fun with our Collaborative Challenges!

VB

Vjera B.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

This app meet my needs!

Finally the first app to meet my needs as a math teacher, because I can write mathematical expressions and it is appealing and easy to use for students

Pros

-> With Classtime teacher can create and save a database of questions in advance, and also use someone else’s; -> mathematical expressions can be written in Classtime but you need to know LaTeX commands; -> each assignment on the tablet device is displayed to student clearly, task by task; -> In Classtime teacher use virtual classes according to age of students and subject and thus tailor sessions to them with selected assignments; -> Classtime automatic checking capability, with amazing results statistics -> Teacher can download a detailed report for the whole class or for an individual student and it's easy to share with students in OneNote and GoogleClassroom; -> Collaborative challenges and puzzles are fun, which encourages social and emotional learning!

Cons

Classtime need to work on additional software features to be even better such as: -> Create drag and drop tasks with images -> Fill in the missing words (without offering a solution!) -> Create text-based drag and drop tasks - because highlighted text is not the best solution! -> Create an audio recording and answer a question using voice

Thank you for your great feedback! We are constantly developing new question types and improvements, so please stay on the lookout! Also, please note that you can upload audio files for each question!

Jr

Julien r.

Education Management, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Powerful, purified and easy-to-learn

Pros

A few hours to master its functions. Interface on learner side is very clear and simple.

Cons

No tutorial in french related to the different types of questions.

SJ

Sanela J.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Classtime is the best

It made my job so much easier and more exciting.

Pros

I love the simplicity of making tests and exams both for sumative and formative assesments. And the session reports are probably the best ever analitcs I've ever seen on any software. My students are organized in classes and they also have their own reports and it is the best feature ever. And challenges, oh, they are the best and students love them. Classtime has everything!

Cons

I would love to see student progress over time, for example if I choose a student form my class it would be amazing if I could see their scores on all finished sessions.

Hi Sanela, thank you for your 5-star review! We want to let you know that we are already working on progress tracking over time, and more advanced reporting options, for the near future!

AH

Amy H.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Easy to Use for Teachers and Students

Pros

This program can easily be used for virtual learning. It can function for testing purposes, but it can also be used to import video to have kids do activities following segments of viewing. It's easy for the kids to learn to use and works well with Google classroom. The variety of test questions it allows teachers to make and the control it allows teacher to have over when students can answer them, really helps reduce issues that arise with online assessment.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to import previous materials I've made (especially in google docs and forms) more so than it does.

Thank you for the great review, Amy! As part of our new Curriculum page, we are also working on various import capabilities which might eventually include Google Forms (Google Docs is less likely). We hope that this will help you even more in the near future!

LN

Lisa N.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Classtime saves teachers time and engages students!

It provides quick, immediate data on student performance. The students are engaged because there are many options to turn the question and answer sessions into games that are engaging and fun!

Pros

Classtime is a great tool for providing immediate feedback to students. Once you load your questions students can work at their own pace. You have a live view of how they are doing so that you can help students once you see them starting to struggle. There are lots of great game features too.

Cons

Our teachers were initially frustrated that it's another platform to learn. Once they saw how much more this offered than our LMS they were on board.

Thank you for your feedback! Please note that Classtime also integrates with other learning systems, e.g. Google Classroom, which tends to significantly increase acceptance and adoption.

TL

Tammy L.

Teacher Resource

Our teachers appreciate the support and flexibility to continually add resources specific to our school site and multiple grade level needs. We have enjoyed partnering with them.

Pros

As a user of this software in the classroom, as well as in the context of managing teachers and the provision of various resources, Classtime is user friendly, adaptable to to State standards and offers comprehensive reports.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the Classtime software. We have not experienced any concerns.

Thank you for the positive review! We thank you for your continued trust and business, and we are thrilled to hear our comprehensive reports have been effective for your educators!

ML

My L.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Interactive Student Engagement Platform

I have had a positive experience with Classtime. Thank you for your support and creativity.

Pros

Classtime is easy to implement. The program provides a library and give you access to already created sessions. You can also create your own sessions by searching Khan Academy standards for your grade level. Another great feature that Classtime offers include collaborative challenges. My scholars love to see the scene being displayed and building together and reaching their gal as a class. They get excited when each challenge gets complete and celebrated with fireworks. The graphics are very colorful and the teacher dashboard is easy to access and you can see how scholars are performing.

Cons

I wish they could add more resources to the library. Sometimes the standard is limited and you end up having to create sessions.

Thank you for your great feedback! We're continuously growing our Public Library and have many exciting updates planned! Please let us know if you are looking for something specific, we're happy to help.

VW

Veronica W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent way to engage your students!

I used to navigate the Internet looking for programs to engage my students. Now I use Classtime at the beginning of class as a warm-up to get my students engaged and excited about what's to come. I also pair them up to get some friendly competition going and when assessment time comes they can review their performance tasks every Friday in small groups. I've also used the program when I have 15 minutes to cover quickly. It's been a life saver. I highly recommend it.

Pros

It provides a fast way to engage students whether you're introducing a subject, reviewing or checking for understanding. It also lends itself to cooperative learning. The vast library includes so many subjects and levels I just have to go and search for what I need and it's there.

Cons

The only time I had questions was because I didn't understand how to use the program, but I received help right away.

Thank you for your positive review and your continued interest in Classtime! We are continuously adding new questions to our Public Library, so please let us know if you're missing anything specific.

SB

Sujeong B.

Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees

Review for Classtime

Pros

Open the quiz link during the limited schedule.

Cons

Random answer option I hope when I select the number of answer options, some of options are randomly provided to each student. for example, I input 7 answer options, but only 5 answer options are shown to student.

Thank you for the amazing review! Please note that our Session Playlist ("Add to Session") can help you create shuffled assessments that you can provide to different student groups.

JH

Judith H.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Classtime als Ergänzung zum Unterricht

Ich bin mit Classtime sehr zufrieden und ich gewinne Zeit, vor allem, wenn ich gemeinsam mit meinen Kolleg*innen Fragen erstelle. Als Fachschaft kann man sehr gut zusammenarbeiten.

Pros

Ich bin Lehrerin in einer Klasse die zusätzlich zu ihrem Unterricht auch ein Tablet als Arbeitsmittel verwendet. Ich bin schon lange auf der Suche nach einem guten Prüfungstool gewesen. An Classtime gefallen mir die vielfälltigen Testfragen und die simple Durchführung. Die Teilnahme ist sehr nierderschwellig und gelingt sehr schnell. Besonders stark ist der Fragentyp "offene Antwort". Ich habe bei noch keinem Programm erlebt, dass eine KI mitdenkt und so sicher gleiche Antworten ausfiltert. Unseren Schüler*innen gefallen die Challanges sehr gut, wo die ganze Klasse gemeinsam mit richtigen Antworten z.B. eine Brücke baut. Das ist eine ganz neue und schöne Form der Übung. Besonders wichtig ist, das Classtime die deutsche Datenschutverordnung einhält.

Cons

Für Schulen hat die Nutzung einen stolzen Preis, da wir kein Geld verdienen, ist es schwierig die Kosten jährlich aufzubringen. Leider lohnt es sich. Die fertigen Fragen passen oft noch nicht, da ich aus Deutschland stamme. Die Kompetenzzuweisungen passen demnach auch nicht zu den deutschen Plänen.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Vielen Dank für das Feedback! Wir werden in Zukunft vermehrt mit deutschen Lehrmittelverlagen zusammenarbeiten und hoffen, dass wir dann für Sie passende Inhalte in Classtime zur Verfügung stellen können. Zudem können wir laufend weitere Kompetenzpläne in Classtime integrieren. Sie können dazu jederzeit auf mich zukommen.

DR

Damian R.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Sehr benutzerfreundliche und intuitive Cloud Lösung für Lernzielkontrollen und digitale Prüfungen

Ich führe seit 2020 alle Prüfungen digital durch. Die Software ist sehr einfach zu erlernen und sehr benutzerfreundlich für die SuS.

Pros

- cloud basiert, d.h. keine lokale Installationen notwendig - einfacher plattformunabhängiger Zugang für SchülerInnen und Schüler - einfache, schnelle und intuitive Erstellung von Fragen und digitalen Prüfungen - einfache Durchführung der digitalen Prüfungen - live Überwachung der Antworten der SuS - Chat Funktion mit den SuS für Fragen während der Prüfung - keine Probleme bei temporären Internet Ausfällen - umfangreiche Exportfunktionen der Prüfungen - Möglichkeiten der Erfassung von Klassen und automatisierte Einladung von Klassen zu Prüfungen

Cons

- aktuell noch eingeschränkte Auswahl von möglichen Prüfungsfragetypen im Vergleich mit Moodle - aktuell noch eingeschränkte Möglichkeiten um als Nutzer bereits vorhandene Fragenbibliotheken zu importieren/exportieren im Vergleich zu Moodle - Lösungen bei Lernkontrollen/digitalen Prüfungen können nicht mehr nachträglich geändert werden um z.B. Fehler in der Musterlösung anpassen zu können (Moodle kann das)

Showing original review in German. See translation

Vielen Dank für das Feedback. Wir werden in den nächsten Monaten einige neue Fragetypen entwickeln! :-)

TB

Thomas B.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Lehren und lernen mit formativem Feedback - individualisiertes Lernen

Die Lernenden haben mit Classtime die Möglichkeit vermehrt eigene Lernwege zu gehen. Classtime ermöglicht es -neben Online-Prüfungen - E-Learning-Sequenzen zu kreieren, den Unterricht zu individualisieren und das Lernen mit formativem Feedback zu unterstützen.

Pros

Classtime ermöglicht Unterricht in heterogenen Lernenden-Gruppen auf allen Schulstufen. Classtime ermöglicht es Lehrpersonen und Dozierenden rasch individuelles Feedback zu geben. Mit Classtime kann man Online-Prüfungen durchführen. Classtime gibt ermöglicht die Einrichtung und Organisation von Klassen. Lernende haben auf Ihrem Classtime Lernenden-Portal die Übersicht über alle Classtime Lektionen und den Bearbeitungsstand jeder Lektion.

Cons

Aufgaben: Die Auswahl an Aufgabentypen könnte noch erhöht werden inkl. der Abgabe von Dokumenten durch die Lernenden. Aufgaben mit Stiftfunktion wären hilfreich (z. B. Einzeichnen auf Bildern). Da ich Classtime auch als E-Learning Umgebung brauche - oder inzwischen v. a. dazu - wäre es wichtig, an Stelle einer Aufgabe auch einfach eine Arbeitsanweisung oder einen Input geben zu können. Interessant...

Showing original review in German. See translation

Vielen Dank fur die umfassende und positive Rueckmeldung. Die meisten Punkte, die Sie ansprechen, haben wir auf unserer Product Roap Map drauf und werden wir sicherlich in naher Zukunft angehen.

KB

Karin B.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Einfach aber genieal

Classtime kann ich mir im Unterricht nicht mehr wegdenken. Es ist unkompliziert und vor allem auch für die Teilnehmenden einfach zu benutzen. Sie müssen sich nicht anmelden, einloggen oder ein App herunterlanden. Das ist bei unserem Klientel ganz wichtig.

Pros

Wir mussten zu Beginn der Coroanakriese unseren Präsenzunterricht zu Fernunterricht ändern. Viele unserer Dozierenden sind bereits über 50 Jahre alt und oft nicht sehr computeraffin. Innerhalb kurzer Zeit konnten jedoch alle Dozierenden in Fernunterricht unterrichten und benutzen Classtime als Aufgabentool. Aufträge auf Classtime sind einfach zu erstellen und machen den Kursteilnehmerinnen und Teilnehmern Spass. Zum Glück gibt es in Classtime die Möglichkeit, alle Aufträge mit den anderen Dozierenden zu teilen. Das hat uns allen viel Zeit gespart. Bei Problemen war das Team von Classtime innerhalb kurzer Zeit erreichbar und hat immer einen unkomplizierten Weg gefunden, das Problem zu lösen.

Cons

Ich hätte gerne die Möglichkeit, nicht nur von Youtube Filme zu zeigen sondern auch andere Filme zu verlinken.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Vielen Dank fuer die positive Rueckmeldung. Im Frageneditor bei "Ergaenzende Informationen" kannst du weitere Video Links verlinken. Das Video ist im Anschluss nicht ganz so schoen integriert wie das Youtube Video, aber es funktioniert einwandfrei.

DV

Domenika V.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Mein Alltag als Lehrperson wird mit Classtime erleichtert

Ich bin schneller beim Bewerten, ich habe einen besseren Überblick über den aktuellen Lernstand meine Schüler:innen

Pros

Es ist toll, den Schüler:innen (S) Aufträge online zukommen lassen zu können, die direkt automatisch korrigiert werden. So fällt beispielsweise die Hausaufgabenkontrolle weg und man kann die Zeit für das Lernen aus Fehlern nutzen. Ein grosser Vorteil ist die objektivere Beurteilung. Sobald man eine Lösung als richtig/falsch bewertet, wird es bei allen identischen Antworten entsprechend nachgeführt. So kann Subjektivität bei der Beurteilung weitestgehend reduziert werden. Toll ist auch der Kundensupport. Man kann selbst Verbesserungsvorschläge abgeben und sie werden sofern sinnvoll schnellstmöglich umgesetzt. Als Rückmeldung erhält man sogar konkrete Zeitfenster für neue Funktionen. Toll!

Cons

Für mich gibt es kaum Nachteile - wenn es welche gibt, ist der Kundensupport offen für Verbesserungsvorschläge und diese werden aktiv umgesetzt.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Vielen Dank für das super Feedback. Wenn es Punkte gibt, die Sie auf Classtime vermissen oder die wir verbessern sollen, kommen Sie gerne jederzeit auf uns zu.

LK

Lukas K.

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Tool für digitale Prüfungen

Besserer Überblick über Lernstand der Schüler/innen.

Pros

Die unterschiedlichen Fragetypen erlauben es vielseitige (Schwierigkeitsstufen) digitale Prüfungen zu gestalten. Dies funktioniert super. Die Echtzeitauswertung hilft während der Prüfung um Schwierigkeiten bei den SuS zu erkennen. Zeitersparnis, da das meiste sofort korrigiert wird. Austausch mit anderen Lehrpersonen per "share". Super Support.

Cons

Wie alle Onlinetools oder digitalen Angeboten braucht es immer eine gewisse Zeit, bis man eingeloggt ist und das Tool gestartet hat. Da wir noch nicht 1:1 ausgerüstet sind, braucht dies immer noch ein bisschen zu viel Zeit. Wenn jeder SuS seinen eigenen Laptop hat, kann man diese "Startzeit" sicher sehr verkürzen.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Vielen Dank für das sehr positive Feedback! Mit der neuen MS Teams Integration braucht es hoffentlich etwas weniger Zeit in Zukunft!

OB

Olha B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A tool to save teachers' time and energy

I normally use Classtime every single day for a number of purposes. I have some of my classwork done there, sometimes add tasks for my students to practice on their own at home. An, finally, I use it for summative assessment, may it be the end of topic, semester or any other type of work when I need to see results clearly and as soon as possible.

Pros

One of my favourite features is how easy it is to get feedback for student works. As I use this software daily, it is really important to see everything at a glance. Another thing I enjoy is how easy it is to start sessions beforehand and use the QR code to add to my lesson presentation. It really saves me time.

Cons

There are some types of questions I really miss here as a language teacher and I really hope to see them in the future.

Thank you for your review, Olha! We appreciate your request for more question types. We will continue to develop and provide new ones in the coming months. Thank you!

GD

George D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Classtime has all that I want.

Generally, I am very pleased from the product in any aspect of it. It was extremely usefull during the pandemic in testing my students. I use it very often both in assessment of my students and preparing lessons for the subjects I teach (Mathematics and Programming Language). The support from the people of Classtime for my problems in using it was excellent.

Pros

Support in writing mathematical text. Easy creation of questions and tests. Automatic grading. Easy communication with my students.

Cons

Up to now the only thing that I need from Classtime is a "small" improvement in Greek Language support.

Thank you, George! We are happy to read that our support was excellent so far, and we remain deeply committed to keeping Classtime enjoyable for you and your students!

NJ

Nadia J.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

How Classtime helped my flipped classroom

Greater engagement with students Better learning amd teaching experience

Pros

I like the fact that you an shuffle the questions and options for quizzes. Many times other software only allows questions to be shuffled. Placing a time limit on any assessment is excellent. Being able to deactivate questions is also a plus. Keeps students grounded on completing exercises within the assigned time. Being able to zoom on an image added value to the software for me. Also that students can do an exam only once and can sign in only once.

Cons

The least favorite was that the link was sent to everyone's email, which means that if the exam is going on and you require every student to be in a specific place, that could be avoided. Then this meant removing each absent child from the exam as well as deactivating on the completion of time. The option of labelling and drag and drop do provide opprtunities to assess students.

Thank you so much for your review, Nadia. It is so great to hear that you've enjoyed using our advanced session settings and that Classtime has provided your students with a better learning experience. We appreciate your support!

DM

DJ M.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Great review and assessment tool

I use this primarily as a formative assessment tool for my virtual learning students. I like being able to monitor the student responses in real time so that I can see that they are engaged. I have also used it as a tool for creating digital breakout activities.

Pros

It is very easy to setup and create collections of questions. Creating a session and sharing it on Google Classroom is straightforward and time saving. The real time feedback is also very helpful.

Cons

It would be nice to add more question types and the ability to regular expression evaluation on questions.

Thank you for your great feedback! Classtime continuously releases new question types and upgrades (e.g. audio), so please keep on checking back in!

VA

Victoria A.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Love it for Reviews

Pros

I love how engaged and excited my students got when completing the challenges as a class.

Cons

It can be time consuming creating a good review,but if teachers work as a team and split the questions they can create a session together.

Thank you for your positive review! Our Shared Folders are designed to help teams collaboratively create, manage, and share questions within an organization. Our Public Library also offers more than 50,000 free questions to use!

RW

Rebecca W.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Classtime for improved time in class

Classtime has worked well in both a remote and in-person teaching settings. Students enjoy the variety of assignments and feel successful.

Pros

I appreciate that the work students do is focused and applicable to our teaching and learning standards.

Cons

To be honest, I can't think of any part of Classtime I didn't value.

NE

Noura E.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

A decent rich online tool/platform

I have enjoyed using classtime during online learning.

Pros

Classtime is a very user friendly platform. It has many options when it comes to question or activity types and setup. I love the collaborative feature. It is also very light on the internet and doesn't freeze during a zoom meeting like many other tools. Real time results and auto bulk grading are my favourites.

Cons

The individual premium price per teacher is a bit high and for a math teacher, question types do not cover all mathematical needs for example :draw a line on the graph or a diagram.

Hello Noura, thank you for your feedback! We are dedicated to developing additional question types, which will include more math-focused ones as well. We thank you for your patience and feedback!

AN

Akari N.

E-Learning, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Classtime Review

Pros

I like that is gives instant feedback on my student's strengths/challenges. It is also user-friendly as it connects quickly to google classroom. It is both easy and effective.

Cons

I feel I only know how to use Classtime for assessments. I would like to be able to learn other ways it can help benefit myself and my students.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

what a good examination set up platform

Pros

i love the google integration of the app. Just integrate the google classroom with ease. no sweat. It is very easy to add video, image, and sound recording. it has a space where answers can be explained too based on the right answer. lovely app.

Cons

every feature on the platform is great and I am yet to identify any negativities.

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you've enjoyed utilizing our Google Classroom integration, and incorporating images, video, and audio in your question sets. We really appreciate your feedback and support.