CourseGenius

Easily create online courses & deliver great online training

CourseGenius Reviews

jane F.

Claire K.

Damien and Lee at Course Genius in particular are absolute stand out service providers. The software is very good, very reliable and great value for money.

Sam W.

Cons

Probably a user problem from my side but my pages tend to get a bit jumbled up when I am writing lengthy training modules.

Liza J.

Formats of documents change ... frustrating ... dot points etc.

sadiye i.

Angela M.

4.3

I would recommend CourseGenuis to any business who educates in the online space

This is the best software / service we use at the Law Society of WA. We seldom have issues and when we do, we get a quick response and resolution from support. Most of our queries are dealt with within 24 hours and the longest has been about 2 weeks (this relates to a single issue). That's impressive for 4 years of service. Our team finds it easy to use and very intuitive. We sell course online...

Pros

The software is easy to use and intuitive for users as well as administrators. We have don't have issues training new staff with cheat sheets available online.

Feedback for online

We had started slowly in getting our material online, however for a first time I thought getting the material on was actually ok, however I feel that formats changed when I copied / pasted form documents which was a little frustrating .... overall I think as it is aimed at consumers who don't need to know an awful lot about programs this function needs to actually work better. once you get the hang of it... however its quite easy to use.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

formats of documents change ... frustrating ... dot points etc

Thanks for the review Sadiye! We enjoyed helping you and Julia on SCA's online learning journey and are happy to see your project is steaming ahead. Our Products team also loved your feature suggestions, and some are even scheduled to roll out shortly! -CourseGenius Support

Course Genius a growing platform

We found Course Genius when looking for a training platform online to train our 600 team members throughout Australia. The platform is easy to use, the course creation setup function is quick and easy, the help pages are great and the support team at Course Genesis are always quick to response and helpful. As our training library grows in depth my need for new functions and features on the platform...

Pros

Cons

Some features still need developing

Course Genius

After doing much research of all LMS systems on offer, I chose Course Genius for the simple reason that the support is Australian based and within my timelines. Having to make calls for support at on ideal times isn't productive for me. I also then chose Course Genius, because it is easy for me to build courses and operate. Course Genius isn't as sophisticated as some of the other LMS offerings, but in my view, they are proactively developing features that are sensibly requested. Customer service was a priority for me and I have been pleasantly surprised!

Pros

Ease of operation

Cons

Lacks some reporting sophistication

Genius use for generating financials

Pros

It is a quite handy for use in auditing firms. One just need to fill the trial, it automatically generates all the financial statements required for the organization.

Cons

It's not very user friendly. Have lot of technical steps are required when you want to make changes like recording of a sale of asset in f.asset statement.

Exactly what we needed.

Pros

We were finding that a lot of our internal procedures were being taught by word of mouth, and though we had documentation showing our procedures, staff were still being creative when it came to implementing those procedures. By utilising the features offered by CourseGenius we were able to effectively train and demonstrate our company procedures, in a way that was easy to access and understand, and...

Cons

Minor teething issues, but given how wonderful the support staff are, they were essentially a non-issue

Occupational Therapy Australia - Helping Children with Autism Online Course

Setting up our course through the platform was fairly straight forward and user friendly. I needed to query a couple of things, but they were sorted out promptly. The feedback we have received from users so far is that they have found the platform easy to navigate. There have been a few technical issues with the videos working etc, but this has often been due to the users internet connection or browser. We are considering using the platform to set up a library of video recordings for members soon and hope to expand our usage even further in the future.

Perfect for Small & Medium Service Businesses

From sales to post implementation support, the Course Genius team helped me turn a dream into a reality, allowing me to build our end user courses for our software. An absolute game changer for reducing support!

Pros

Simple to use and build courses, the UI is far better than most. It’s features allows you to quickly build out content and have online courses up and running in no time. You’ll spend more time on your videos or images than you will building a course in Course Genius!

Cons

There are some limitations for larger businesses like multiple stores, locations or franchises but for the right business it has everything you need!

Course Genius deliver what they promise

Course Genius have come up with a timely service for providers wanting to deliver online professional learning to school teachers. It is surprisingly easy and intuitive to build a course using their interface and system. Customer service is exemplary too. Also I like the way they are open to suggested improvements - and active in implementing them.

Pros

Intuitive - and reliable

Cons

Certificates ARE customisable but... the same artwork for one completion certificate has to be used for the certificates of all other courses. Would be great if the certificate for each course could have it's own unique design related to the course (as teachers' certificates require more detail which they use as evidence for their accreditation)

So easy to use backed with unparalleled customer support

As a training provider with more than 10 years experience we were unsure about the best way to convert our engaging programs into impactful elearning. The team at Course Genius were more than helpful in guiding us on best-practise and utilising their dynamic cross-platform cloud based Software. We love how easy it is to convert existing material into an online format with no previous experience in this area. The course authoring tool is super intuitive and built for ease of use without comprising the learner facing visual aesthetics or flow of the training content. I recommend this highly.

Cons

Makes internal staff training fast and effective

I primarily use Course Genius for onboarding and then continuing development within our organisation. Being able to write you own training modules enables you to deliver tailored training to your organisations particular needs. It also provides a great way to look at training gaps within the organisation and can be used as part of an overall training program.

Pros

That it can be tailored to your specific need.

Thanks Damien!

Our first attempt at packaging our current in-service courses into online training was complicated, messy and difficult to understand. We needed a simple approach. Course Genius provided us with that. As this was a new venture for us the staff at Course Genius worked consistently with us to guide and direct us every step of the way. Every question and there were many were answered promptly. Customer...

Cons

This was my first experience working with this kind of program, the support team took me through the process and helped me to understand how the system works and how I can use it to my best advantage. It's helped me to design and create some excellent online learning resources that our staff can easily access on their computers or mobile devices. If only I had more time to spend on course development!

Pros

It's easy to use. It was very easy to have all the staff signed up and accessing the training. Once I got the hang of how it works its relatively simple to transfer across existing presentations or create from scratch.

Cons

I don't have an automatic spell check function. It would be good to be able to use a greater range of assessments .

Tynan Motor Group Review

Overall I have had a really good experience with CourseGenius. The system is simple and easy to use and provides great functionality. Is the perfect platform to introduce E-Learning to our organisation.

Pros

The simplicity of use

Cons

Unable to string multiple pieces of learning together to form a program eg Face to face workshops and E-Learning.

Thanks for the great feedback Claire! Our plans with "API Access" give you the flexibility to connect your online learning platform with other systems to achieve combinations of in-person and online learning, I'll have your Account Manager reach out to discuss these options further." -CourseGenius Support

Wonderful support, a quality product that has delivered great results for my business.

For me it has introduced an additional tool to my overall product portfolio. It has created a point of difference with my competitors and assisted in my positioning as a market leader in the New Zealand Health & Safety community.

Pros

I found the product very intuitive and allowed me to produce a great training module within a couple of days. The ability to easily insert images, audio and video made it all the better.

Cons

Nothing really. Perhaps I would love to be able to create super funky backgrounds to the overall templates.

Fantastic service and great product

I currently use Course Genius to provide a number of clients with a cost effective, tailored solution to their online learning and development and compliance training needs. The team at Course Genius have been incredibly responsive to any queries I've had and continue to develop the software to enable greater functionality.

Review from Sam

Pros

Reliability, fit for needs. Versatile set of features.

Cons

Would be better if there was a mobile app for end-user students.