All categories

DaySchool Reviews

Reviews Summary

Nicole L.

Read the full review
The cost of acquisition may prove a hurdle to any struggling medium sized institution that may want to use this software. This software may fail at times leading to data lag.

Joseph O.

Shanie N.

4.5

Great product, Excellent customer service

I have used many different kinds of software in my life and I have never experienced one that has been as useful and easy to use as Dayschool. From the data conversion to customizable user fields, this software has many features more expensive systems lack. But the best part of the package is the team behind it-- responsive, caring, thoughtful, and imaginative people who care about the clients first. I have made suggestions over the years that have been implemented which feels great to know I am part of the evolution of this software. I wish there were more stars to give for customer service.

Pros

Ease of use, logical layout, the ability of multiple people to work on it at the same time, the reports are extremely customizable and fast. I love being able to configure the donor names and I especially love being able to add fields that are relevant to my organization.

Cons

I wish they had an event tracking module. It could be just like the volunteer module except to capture event attendance. It would be good to have something better to capture notes than just one field on the development tab.

Deanna, You have been a great client and we have really appreciated your suggestions over the years as we continually strive to make sure our schools have what they need at their fingertips! That Event Module is on our list, and you will see some of the other enhancements we've discussed when our new Version 9.0 comes out later this year!

Best Small School Software!

From day one, Snowman Software has been so easy to work with. The customer service is top notch. Calls back are always within 15 minutes of your email or call. The hands-on conferences are very well done...and are helpful to both new clients as well as ones like me who have had the software for a number of years. I love how they are always looking to update the software from suggestions from their customers. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Pros

Ease of use...great customer service!

Cons

None that I can think of...and I've been using the software for a number of years.

Debbie, It's been great working with you over the years - your suggestions have helped us to add the functionality that our schools want and need. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about our software!

DaySchool is an all under-one roof solutions provider to any institution's administrative functions.

DaySchool gives the user an opportunity to customize reports based on their own needs. I am fascinated by the ease with which one can communicate using the software. The ability to personalize emails, letters and other correspondences makes communication very effective.

Pros

I like the well organized process work flow and the online support that is readily available offering immediate response during the normal business hours

Cons

Pros

It's easy to use and the customer support are amazing

Cons

There's nothing really that I don't like

The best system for a small school like us to manage our families, enrollment and donor giving

I use Dayschool and the Admission and Development modules all day. I find the updates and training opportunties (webinars, etc) very useful and timely.

Pros

Customer Service is top-notch. The response time and solutions provide more than what I originally sought.

Cons

Sometimes I encounter limitations between enrollment data and admission data. In some reports, I can track and filter by date, and others I cannot....but wish I could.

Erin, Thanks for taking the time to let others know about our software - we love working with Oak Meadow and your team. Contact us when you have time so that we can discuss the limitations you mention - there may be a way to pull exactly what you need! And if not, we'd love to get the specifics to put on our ToDoList.

Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork Loves DaySchool!

DaySchool is an affordable and high functioning database solution for small schools. I am beyond grateful for it's efficiency and ease of use. After researching many database options, we are grateful to have ended up with DaySchool.

Pros

Simple, easy.

Cons

Remote Desktop Connection. Not able to add gifts straight to constituent record.

Anne, we are so glad you are enjoying using DaySchool and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. To clarify about adding gifts "straight to records" - gifts are easily added directly to constituent records manually; but currently they are not brought directly into the database through the school website.

Great fit for preschools

The customer support is truly Snowman's calling card. I have never had a bad experience speaking with our support representative. The interface of DaySchool is easy to learn and use, reliable, and a great fit for smaller schools like preschools or daycare. Although enhancement requests can often take a while to be implemented, Snowman is always transparent about the possibility and timeline of them happening. I would highly recommend DaySchool to any school when considering the wide variety of database options that are out there.

Pros

ease of use, customer support, reporting

Cons

delays in enhancement request implementations

Erik, We love working with Cambridge-Ellis and appreciate you taking the time to let others know about our software. With our next major release later in 2017 being fully web-based, we will have the ability to more quickly implement enhancements that clients like you request!

Greenspring Montessori

We started using DaySchool less than a year ago. The support is AMAZING! When Leslie sees that I am calling when she is on another call or otherwise busy, she calls back - I don't even need to leave a message. The personal touch and care are so very impressive and so appreciated - especially when it is hard to speak with a human being. I feel like the support team really wants to help. The software itself seems to be perfect for the size of our school and meets the needs of our Development office. I know there is more that it can do ... still learning! Thank you, everyone, at Snowman Software!!

Pros

It is not more than I need - not too big, not too small, just right!

Cons

I wish the admissions piece was a bit more advanced so we could have considered using it as well.

Shanie, I love working with you and am glad that you are getting everything you need from our software! We are working hard on adding your desired functionality to our Admissions piece in our next major upgrade - so that your prospects will be able to track where they are in the process and your families will be able to complete the registration process - all online!

Excellent tool used in the school where my son attends

Pros

it is a quite complete software, it helps in all school aspects, enrollment, attendance, reports by students, detailed and explicit, the school made a good investment in the acquisition of this software, the versatility and friendliness that it has to attract the attention of the users is very complete.

Cons

What I like the most is that as a representative he has a panel to verify the progress of the students and a module dedicated only to the committee of representatives.

great option for preschools

DaySchool is a great option for those looking for an admissions database for a small school. Customer support is very good, always polite and eager to help. Highly recommend for preschools/daycares! Great job, Snowman!

Perfect for you small to Medium sized School

We have had an extremely positive experience with Dayschool. The customer service is superb and the database works pretty intuitively but you can customize it to your tastes. Our school has steadily grown over the past several years and we find ourselves still unlocking benefits from the database. I can't recommend them enough, and in fact, I have.

Cons

Nicole, Greene Towne Montessori is gem of a school, and we have enjoyed working with you to make sure you get what you need from your administrative software. Let us know anytime you want to dive deeper into the functionality!

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.