Edmodo Reviews

Where Learning Happens

Review Summary

Pros

It's better to use a more commonly used UI for my LMS and as social media is just what I need Edmodo is just the right choice for me. I am using the free plans and this is just fun.

Alejandro M.

Read the full review
It has given me an ability to keep up with the discussions of the teaching community and also save my readings that I will find to be helpful in the future when I start teaching.

Read the full review

Cons

Although bad connection of internet might be a problem using Edmodo, it is easy to use and learn. Edmodo layout and newsfeed needs to be organize well so it will not confuse the users.

Moffy R.

Read the full review
When I used it Edmodo had several bugs and often would crash. The mobile support was also rather poor at the time.

John D.

Read the full review
If it wasn't a school obligation thing, I would remove it from my phone instantly and not use on laptop either. Oh and the parent app is horrible too.

Zahra H.

Very useful even for non 100% educational institutions

We are not an educational institution like a School, College or University, but we at the hospital we offer Continuing Medical Education and Educational Training to the nurse staff and Doctors. Thats how we applied for this amazing platform without being an educational institution per-sé. It has worked for us very nice, until now, it has been well accepted among the users.

Pros

The user interface is very friendly (because its based in the UI of Facebook), so people get used to it very easily. I also like all the features that this platform offers.

Cons

Its a little bit tricky to use at the beginning even for the administrator if you don't have to much knowledge about it.

A great tool for distance learning and elearning

It is very easy for teachers to share content, lessons, assignments, etc. with students and there are lots of great features for teachers to easily see and track student progress.

Pros

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently moved to distance learning. This has been a great tool for allowing our teachers to deliver quality content over the web. There is a huge resource library with lots of great content for teachers to choose.

Cons

Right now it is free for teachers because of the COVID-19 crisis. I am unsure if we will have the budget to pay for it if it is not free next year.

what's better than free?

Every educator knows that platforms come and go--because Edmodo is free and not reliant on a school license, it goes wherever you go!

Pros

It's free both online and through the app, resembles a social media (facebook) setup so it's fairly intuitive.

Cons

Quiz function doesn't always work well on the smartphone app version, but fine on tablet and desktop.

Good LMS to Help Manage the Classroom

Overall, this is a good product for basic LMS needs, and worked for me in the beginning. After playing with a number of LMS apps and continuing to revamp my needs and redesign what online learning should look like, other LMS might just offer more in flexibility/features.

Pros

As is the case with most LMS apps out there, Edmodo does a nice job shifting from paper-digital, and giving students and teachers a platform to help manage and stay organized in the digital space. The fact that you can do a lot with the free platform is a big plus and educators Everything updates in real time, and is simple enough to put together your digital needs in one space.

Cons

To me, unlike some other LMS apps out there, Edmodo is limited. It doesn't have the modern or sleek look and design as others. It also doesn't have as interactive capability to embed a number of other apps/tools that teachers use daily into it. This is a must have when it comes to the digital classroom space. The more we can limit sending links and have one program integrate everything else into it, the better classroom management will be. I would also like to see some integrated features like virtual chats/video conferencing, and more enhanced lesson design features.

Personally prefer google classroom

Pros

It is very easy to make a class and create work and attachments for a group or class.

Cons

I feel like administrators had a bit too much control over what they saw a student did and could do.

Students Loved It!

Edmodo was incredibly helpful for being able to post assignments, give students instant access to resources, and easy grading. I really enjoyed using it, even if it did have a few issues.

Pros

I was able to use Edmodo when my school district had a 1:1 iPad initiative. Students loved being able to come into the classroom and having one set place to be able to login and find what they needed for the day.

Cons

When I used it (2016-2018), the website felt a little clunky. The students liked using it, but it never seemed like it ran as smoothly as it could have, considering how long it had been around.

Parents, Students and Teachers in one Place

Overall, it is one of the best software to submit Homework as well as addressing your issues to Teachers and the school staff. You can easily take parents along in a loop.

Pros

It provides a good communication platform for students and teachers you can also invite parents. It also allows you to send regular progress report to parents. Not only you can submit Homework where the Homework is assigned you can also use timeline to do so. You can also post or chat with fellow students. Whenever student submit Homework it notifies the teacher.

Cons

There should be at least a chat window facility. If added a conference call facility it would be a great addition for interactive communication. Sometimes notification still shown as unread even after reading and even you clear the history it still there. Its mobile app sometimes not as convenient as its desktop version. It lacks in its technical terms.

My review of Edmodo

Since I used it to collaborate in Spanish (my pupils were students of Spanish as a Foreign Language), using Edmodo for this project enabled me to help my pupils learn a lot of Spanish: I could have pupils comment on what pupils from Spain uploaded, and share content (video, text, etc.) in Spanish. The choice of Platform contributed to the successful completion of the project

Pros

The ease with which I could set up a course where pupils from a course from school in Spain could share/collaborate with pupils from one of my sources at the Six-Year Kugel High School in Israel. In addition, it is a secure and safe digital environment.

Cons

IT has a look that is quite similar to facebook. Some pupils were reluctant to use it because of that (However, I must point out that I could engage others precisely because itlooks like Facebook)

Easy to use software!

Great!

Pros

Easy to use software although not as robust as we need.

Cons

There are many limitations to the software.

Edmodo

Overall, Edmodo is a great tool for the classroom and for distant learning. With this site, there is no more losing work or important notes.

Pros

Edmodo is a great website to use for both distant learning and in person learning. It allows one easy to access place to upload assignments and for students to turn in their work.

Cons

Edmodo is a great website to use for learning. My only concern would be the advertisements that pop up. I believe there is a way to turn them off though.

A "natural flow" LMS for students. Great for posting from homework to tests to parent communication.

Edmodo completely changes the flow of the classroom from when I was a student. Before you lecture as students take notes, then hand out homework. There may be notes home for parents that you then have to keep track of. NO MORE! The LMS allows to you upload all of the notes ahead of time, keeping students engaged, paying attention and participating. The homework can be uploaded, reducing the environmental...

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface of Edmodo. It seems similar to some social media platforms, making it easy for students to interact in a familiar way. There are good controls, such as restriction of student access, and read-only abilities. It is a great way for teachers to share work, notes, homework, etc with their classes, and interact with their students. Tests can also be handled through this...

Cons

The features of Edmodo can be a bit limited compared to some other LMSs, but it is also what makes it a simple enough tool to be easy to learn. The grading is simplistic and makes it harder to use in upper-level education. There has also been some interruption from ads, that while always school appropriate, are not always age appropriate, so it has created some questions in the classroom. I have had...

Edmodo is a game changer software that delivers perfect learning set-up to all learners & educators

Over-all, this software has the reporting tools every teacher needs to give immediate feedback to each student. As a teacher, it is important that each learner knows the academic standing and through Edmodo, my students can easily interact and communicate with me. This software is a must for every learner and teacher.

Pros

This software perfectly fits to the fast-pacing learning environment I want to share with all my students. I used the software for quite sometime and it makes dynamic interactions to all my students of different levels of learning styles. I like the idea that I can provide all the learning materials that my students are needing wherever they are and at their own convenience. Edmodo is a software...

Cons

The features of the software are great. It is my best educational software so far and I can't identify what I don't like on this software.

Excellent! very friendly and dynamic academic platform!!

Pros

Edmodo is a very simple and easy-to-use software. It allows a dynamic interaction between the teacher and the students, as well as stimulates the participation of the classroom in group discussions on topic topics for the subject. Has everything that can be considered necessary to promote distance education aswell the e-learning, because it allows you to share all kinds of files either by uploading...

Cons

I think that edmodo needs an update to the design of the interface, because it looks a bit sober and outdated

Emodo, allows to maintain a communication between students and teachers

The experience I have had with edmodo has been quite good, it facilitates communication in a certain way, it is easy to make deliveries either of students in school, university, postgraduate, among others. I like it but I think that it should improve in some things

Pros

Edmodo is a very complete virtual platform, allows a communication between teachers and students to be established, in the case of teachers they can send activities to the students, in the same way they can set the delivery date, it is easy to have a clear visualization of the notes that each student takes. Students through emodo can visualize the classes if they are uploaded power point presentations...

Cons

From my experience, I think it is usually a point against this platform does not have a chat window, that is, teachers and students can not communicate quickly between them, it is necessary to send a message, it is not possible to visualize among students who are online or not, something that does happen with other platforms similar to this, should be an improvement in the future

Motivate, Study, Integrate and develop your potential

I manage knowledge quickly and fun

Pros

The communicative dynamic, generated in social networks, is almost equal to that which occurs in the day to day of any individual. One of the most important characteristics of this process is that while the individual is circumscribed to a specific environment, the networks connect it to almost everyone. Therefore, Edmodo educational network allows the global connection with people and organizations...

Cons

The contemporary platforms have expanded the concept and possibilities of the classrooms, with which, they must make of these, more than a physical space, a great tool that allows to develop the learning, at all levels. For that reason, the platforms should have the possibility of being modified easily, making them more striking, personalized and with more current designs. In the same order of ideas, it is expected that the versions of the smart devices are the most similar to those seen in the PC, in this case, we must improve their performance.

Helpful, easy and

Edmodo has proven to be useful, resourceful and even fun to use, with almost no downsides. I believe all instructors/teachers/professors/students should give it a try.

Pros

My answer is coming from a student's perspective, because I have not used Edmodo as a teacher or as an Educational Institution: Edmodo is one of those applications that you can hardly find anything negative, it just probably misses certain features that could enhance the user's experience. It has a simple and familiar dashboard that closely resembles Facebook and LinkedIn, The Backpack system...

Cons

It lacks a live chat group, or a private messaging feature which could be very useful. It has a lot of ads, although any Adblocker seems to get the job done. But I encourage people to leave the ads there, this will help Edmodo grow.

excellent, with edmodo my classes are more dynamic

dynamism, feedback, learning, continuous communication with my students, facilitates virtual distance education.

Pros

I am a university professor in the area of finance and management, I have about three years using edmodo as a virtual teaching platform and I found it extremely useful. With edmodo I can structure all the content of the subject, as well as schedule exams and other virtual assessments for my students in bolivia, chile and venezuela. students can access the platform at any time of the day and follow the schedule of distance classes Likewise Edmodo evaluation tools automatically correct the quizzes carried out by the students according to the answers that I program. This undoubtedly facilitates the correction process, by totaling the grades of my students. On the other hand Edmodo allows me to upload all kinds of files as well as link material of didactic interest for my virtual classes.

Cons

I am very satisfied and excited about Edmodo. I consider it an excellent educational platform. I use it daily with excellent results.

Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode.

It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Pros

Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

Cons

Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

Strong Product, Struggles to Differentiate

Pros

This is a great product that has a lot of helpful features. It is similar to facebook, so it is very easy for individuals (students and teachers) to pick up and quickly become adept with. Additionally, it is versatile enough to be used to challenge students and improve their work flow. I particularly like the ability to quickly get students the feedback they need to improve their own work habits.

Cons

It struggles to differentiate itself from other software. There are a lot of "parallel programs" out there that accomplish much of the same actions. Some of these are better integrated with other, common educational tools and do not require additional logins.

A neat social-network for Schools.

a good enough tool for teaachers to help students and keep things organized.

Pros

Very neat and clean compared to the mess of ads, useless posts that is in facebook etc Purely academic stuff to see here it is still free to use very clean way to connect teachers-students and even parents assignemts feature is perhaps the most useful everything is stored here in the . no body meisses nothing when class is managed using edmodo. free training is available for teachers one of the most amazing features is that you can connect it to office 365 and then create and share documents without requiring any further steps . and can also share documents directly from google drive to there (like air to air)

Cons

office 365 is only supported if u have school or work email. many many many features are lacking. it could be a lot better if these are added. something like, "explain-everything' should be integrated to make demostrations easy. native is and android apps are even more basic ,,,,,devoid of the most important features like assignements.

Edmodo for the win!

As a 21st century teacher, utilizing Edmodo in my classroom makes me look like a trendy teacher. Plus it offers trainings and special offers through personal email by directly messaging me on my email address. It surely a great learning partner for me and my students

Pros

Edmodo helps me connect to my students not only in the classroom but in the internet room as well. I have let my students be exposed to this kind of technological innovations so they can see that the internet is not only about social media but a platform of learning as well. In this platform, I upload more of my lectures so that they could easily add notes in their reviewers. I also share helpful links and assignments that make their papers easier to do. I also loved the messaging feature where they could directly message me and ask questions about the given topics. I have gained so much respect and cool points from my students whenever we use this app.

Cons

There is nothing not to love about this app. It is accessible and user-friendly both to teachers and the students as well. But of course, there is still room for improvements. Maybe it would be more convenient to use if we could add files directly to edmodo using other online storages

Edmodo is an excellent and very useful educational platform

In general, it has been a good experience and as a student it helped me a lot since I had the way to visualize certain classes or to deliver different works

Pros

I think edmodo is a very complete platform and the truth is very easy to use, I think I like it because it allows to maintain good communication between students and teachers, it is a very good option for students to verify their grades, perform certain activities and even visualize classes already seen. I think it is a very good thing also that the parents of students can also be informed through this platform and know how their children go, another of its great benefits is that it is free and easy to access. It is a software that guarantees the development of teaching of the teachers and the good development of knowledge in the students

Cons

Edmodo is a complete platform but I think it needs to have a kind of chat or conference where in case of doubt or concerns there may be a direct communication with teachers, sometimes just wait to the next class to answer questions or through the mail electronic, for which I consider that this should be an option that has the platform

Good quality, very convenient to use

Pros

Edmodo makes for very good class communication. I used it for both Chinese classes and my History class. Teachers can easily make posts and students who have questions can leave comments (somewhat like social media) and the teacher will respond to them, and so classmates who have the same question can see the answer and the teacher won't need to answer it multiple times. The user interface is great and it takes very little time to get acquainted with the software.

Cons

Some of the features that seemed to be really great ideas also seemed a little bit excessive, like badges. I would love to have these implemented but it's hard for a teacher to base much of their curriculum and class structure off of a software's award systems... to a certain degree, teachers maintain their uniqueness for their classes. In addition, there's some personalization questions that students can answer for their "profiles" on Edmodo but teachers rarely act on them and it seems like extra steps and/or somewhat of a distraction for the students.

Good educational platform, very useful and powerful

As for my experience, really good and constant learning, as one learns to use the software is acquiring knowledge and also learn as the classes are observed

Pros

Really edmodo is a very interesting software, I think it is one of the best options in which students and teachers can be connected and in certain ways all benefit. In the case of teachers, Edmodo allows them to share information with their students, be it classes, activities to be done in class, a specific video among others, and in the same way it allows generating forums where all students interact. As for the students it is a very good option for them to be up to date with the classes, they can download the files on their computers among other things I like its interface, it is easy to use and it is a free software, I have had the opportunity to use it in the university and some courses

Cons

I consider that it is a fairly complete software but that when it comes to determining something unsatisfactory would be the following: It does not allow in any way to establish direct communication between professors and students and equally they can not communicate between students, which should be an improvement in the future, since it would be a great contribution

Edmodo for iPads

This is a great, all-around, paperless tool that every teacher should use.

Pros

Edmodo is an excellent platform for teachers who are moving towards a paperless system of classroom content and assignments using iPads. Edmodo can be managed from your laptop and uploads in real time to your student accounts on their iPad app. One great feature of Edmodo is their online library of ideas and resources as well as a community of users that you can ask or share ideas with. I like how parents can sign up too and see what assignments their children have due .

Cons

Not much I don't like about Edmodo. I have only used it in conjunction with iPads and not Android devices.