Edsby Reviews - Page 2

Edsby is key ingredient in the recipe for educational success.

Introducing new technology to 15,500 teachers and over 200,000 students is not an easy task. Edsby has accomplished this amazing feat with incredible results! Students no longer have any excuses for missing assignments, notes, and handouts and not knowing what their grade is. All of the information is posted on Edsby. Contacting a teacher for simple questions is now easy and not intimidating. ...

Cons

Great tool to compliment the Assessment and Evaluation process.

Pros

The communication aspect with home in that parents and students are made aware of the students' academic progress, and kept up to date with the students' daily life.

Cons

The difficulty is that the integration between our current SAS and EDSBY has a daily lag in updating student information from one to other as well as the inability to migrate much information from EDSBY to our SAS.

Classroom

I've enjoyed using Edsby. I have found the company responsive to my questions when I had trouble.

Pros

Edsby was a great way for us to stay organized and to keep in touch while school was cancelled due to the pandemic and we were all learning and working from home.

Cons

I can't seem to get parents to use it as much as I'd like.

Thanks for using Edsby, Dawn. Glad you've found us responsive. Appreciate your review.

Has changed the way we communicate in a positive way.

Pros

Easy to use and allows us to keep every bit of information in one space. Everything from student observations, to communication with parents, to team photos.

Cons

I'm not able to delete old messages in my Messages box.

Incredibly powerful tool for learning and teaching

It has made my classroom experience so much simpler by reducing paperwork, as well as simplifying my workflow. I've had great comments from my students about the new system, and feel like it is a great tool for my needs.

Pros

Accessible to teachers, students, and parents Maintains current grads, feedback, and announcements File sharing of assignments great Allows for confidential communication Helpful for everyone involved in education

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Edsby, because it seems like everything bad gets patched quickly in their updates

Great, all-encompassing tool for education!

I am able to be in the know with my colleagues and students (and, conversely, keep necessary individuals in the know from my end).

Pros

I like the sense of community and transparency that comes with the steady stream of information on a daily basis.

Cons

It's busy - there is a lot going on and it's not always fast to access what one needs to find. Results in a lot of clicking to get there.

Overall well worth it...There have been some bumps along the way.

Communication with students

Pros

Potential! There is lots still changing and getting better. Could be really amazing. Secure but private communication with students. All in one place environment.

Cons

The software centralizes many tasks to streamline the administrative functions in education.

Ability to do my administrative tasks in a more centralized location.

Pros

The ability to plan, organize and administrate all the functions involved in teaching in one central location.

Cons

The interface could be more streamlined to locate and control items in a more intuitive manner. Some small details still need to be addressed (ability to replace resource files)

Limitation in online evaluation due to limitation in symbols and math equations.

Most of the time very frustrating because it is not very user friendly. Often has display issue depending on what kind of electronic devices you use to work in.

Pros

Layout is standard across the board for every subjects for students.

Cons

Every time, when you move a unit, the assignments due date within the unit change to a default time due at 12:00 am. Best if the assignments due time default to at the end of the school date (3:45 pm or 4 pm) make more sense. When updating entries in "Planner" the screen does not stay at the date that was updated. Instead, it moves to the beginning of the school year. Very annoying that I have to scroll back down.

Sorry to hear of your experience. The math equation editor in Edsby will be improved. The Planner already has had many fixes made that will be hitting production soon. A workaround in the meantime: edit in the Content Builder.

Great application

Pros

It helps a lot and helps keep up with grades and is very useful. I would consider it because it doesn't stop working it is fast just remember your user name and password and your grades will pop up

Cons

My only complaint is it works only in portrait mode which is tedious but aggravating. I wish this could be fixed

Good products

Interaction with students and parents.

Pros

Collaboration and having all tools in one package are very important to me.

Cons

Moving between different aspects is a bit clumsy. E.G. from planner to gradebook to report card. Allowing separate windows is helpful.

I enjoy using Edsby to track curriculum expectations. It's great for online assessment.

Easier tracking of grades and curriculum.

Pros

Students really enjoyed the wall. They sent messages about home learning. We had some amazing sharing about plants that were started at school and continued to grow at home. I also loved being able to share files online. Saved on photocopying.

Cons

Wish it would send out notifications. Wish it would sync with report card program. Students are not able to easily put things in their portfolios the way they can in Seesaw.

Edsby is a powerful and flexible LMS for teachers.

Pros

Edsby is easy to use if you've used any form of social media. It allows the user the flexibility of using it as a communication tool (blog and group/forum abilities), planner/organizer, assessment manager and tracker, and online file manager. The people at Edsby are listening to what educators are wanting and how they can help us manage our classrooms in an online blended learning environment. As our teachers and students become comfortable with its use, parents will be able to monitor their child's progress and activity in the class. A very powerful tool for helping the student find success.

Cons

There are some minor limits with regards to how Edsby fits with our board database (Trillium). Mostly with regards to merging classes with different sections. This has been promised to be resolved in the near future and judging by how Edsby has already implemented a lot of user requests, we feel confident it will be resolved in the near future.

Excellent all around tracking program

Pros

Everything all in one place and set up for you. Lots of opportunity to communicate with students and parents but also privacy settings.

Cons

Not always the easiest to navigate between classes. Could really use a better daybook setting to keep lessons in the same spot.

using Edsby as a teacher for elearning

Great I think that we should have kept that system.

Pros

Edsby was easy to learn and easy for the students to how to find assignments, do the assignments and submit them back to teachers. Grades went right into the gradebook making it easy to record and submit information for accessments.

Cons

might be a better way to write in assignments.

Thanks, Barbara, for taking the time to share your thoughts on Edsby.

Great resource for the classroom

My school adopted Edsby a year ago. While still in the process of being developed and enhanced, this resource facilitates school-wide communication and it is user friendly. However, fast problem-solving and customer service are two areas that could be improved.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

No editing for posts and message organization features

The software needs to work better on the mobile app.

Pros

The ability to review my child's grades at all times is very convenient. I also like being able to contact teachers from the mobile app.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't work as well as it could. PDF documents are not able to be viewed on the app. I also hav had issues sending messages to teachers. The interface will be off and you cannot see parts of the message. I have had to go to the main site at times to send messages since because the app doesn't work

What's up! Doc!

Having 2 children in Edsby can sometimes be challenging The only negative I have is once the grade period is over you can not see the grades from the last quarter

Pros

Keep up with the students grades

Cons

Finding grades after the quarter is over

Thanks for the comments, Jim! Re: not seeing grades from the last quarter, your school district modified Edsby to hide previous quarter results by default. To see them, click the grey box beside Classes on your Edsby home screen when logged in with a web browser. Previous quarters are available in a pull-down list.

Mostly quite good

Pros

Designed with Ontario curriculum in mind which makes it more responsive to our local needs. It is user friendly and parents seem to enjoy the communication options. We like the group options as well as the attendance.

Cons

Still need to do some work with providing opportunity to effectively document learning skills. The software has become too expensive for smaller schools.

easy access for students and friendly interface

Quick results to see if students turned in assignments. The ability to communicate and message students when they need help.

Pros

I like having the ability to give my students easy access to documents. I also like the ability to control student and parent access.

Cons

There are very few cons, but one thing I find frustrating is access my student documents once they submit. It is fairly time consuming, especially if you have a slow server.

This program has been a great help to me! Easy to learn and the constant support is amazing!

Constant feedback for students.

Pros

I love how it easy it is to assess students as class progresses! All the information in one place is amazing!

Cons

I wish there was a check list function where I can select several students for the same observation. OR if I could create a check list of students achieving the same expectation instead of selecting individual students.

Great

Love it! Wish more trainings~

Pros

I"m a teacher who uses your anecdotal and gradebook! Amazing. All in one place!

Cons

1 I wish we could print off individual subject grades though!

Edsby

Overall, Edsby keeps students and parents up to date and accountable for homwork and grades, and helps foster a stronger home-school connection.

Pros

Edsby allows information to be available from one dashboard across various platforms (app, browser). Parents can message teachers directly. It keeps students and parents informed about what is going on in their classrooms. Gradebook and report card functions.

Cons

Software can run slow at times, but that doesn't take away from the capabilities.

You said you're seeing slow performance at times in Edsby? We take performance seriously and are interested in where and when you're seeing issues. If you'd like to share specifics, pls. email them to edsby@edsby.com. Thanks for your review!

great tool

Pros

I love the ease of use. I am using Gradebook, Evidence and much more.

Cons

not enough time to become an expert at all the features

Customer service non existent

There is no customer service once you've signed on to Edsby. If you have any problems you're on your own.

Pros

It helps parents and teachers communicate.

Cons

There is no customer service to deal with issues that come up.

Angela, sorry you're encountering support issues. If you're an Edsby teacher or school or district administrator, did you know there's a blue question mark at the bottom right of every Edsby screen? That's a hotline to Edsby Support from us, the vendor. You can also post in any Edsby feedback or help group on your Edsby system for answers from peers, and often from Edsby Support itself. There are also text files and videos and other options here, incl. our ticketing system: https://www.edsby.com/support/ - our customers are never on their own. Contact me if you need a contact at Edsby.