All categories

Edsby Reviews - Page 3

Appreciate being able to connect with teachers but not as easy to do as it should be

Better way to communicate with teachers to ensure messages get back and forth and can have a few communications before the child even gets home from school

Pros

Love the ability to: - connect with teachers - see homework & due dates - see extra learning materials - child being able to hand homework in

Cons

I find navigation not always easy to do to find teachers or materials. I've tried to message a teacher to ask a question but had to look for an old email to reply to it instead of starting a new thread of conversation I'd appreciate it being very easy for my child to look up their schedule and what school day they are on for the upcoming dates Practice materials would be SO awesome to have sinc KPDSB doesn't like their students having homework in the Primary grades - afraid of parents doing the homework -- understandable but then my child comes home with results less than their capability without having some practice to help understand the materials. Thanks

Excellent tool for communicating in one location

No more logging into different applications for different things. News, coursework, attendance, school events and important dates - all right here in one place. And no excuses that information was lost or couldn't be accessed.

Pros

I love that teachers, students, parents, and school staff can easily get updates from school administration, check attendance, see grades and course material, all in one place. The user interface is very intuitive, and a great way to disseminate news. It's also a great place for teachers to upload assignments and course material - and the students can access it from anywhere!

Cons

Students want to know how many community involvement hours they have, and Edsby has no means of tracking and communicating this.

It's been a great tool for our school community to keep all stakeholders engaged.

Pros

The ease of use. The ability for us to accomplish many things in one platform. We can keep our calendar, grades and report cards all in one place.

Cons

We need to add a few more features for it to meet our SIS needs. Although it's not an SIS, it is very close. If we could input items related to health cards, health information and a few more customizable inputs, it would help us even more.

Makes school admin a breeze

It makes my job easier!

Pros

It's so easy to use when monitoring a school of 650 students and thousands of parents. It's also easy to explain to parents, some of whom do not have a lot of computer experience. It's user-friendly and effective.

Cons

I sometimes have a hard time searching student names. I'll type in a name that I know is there, but it won't pop up. Mostly it works great.

Great investment and a robust tool. Easy to use for the social media savvy.

Significant increase in parental communications and, consequently, engagement. Happier teachers and academic staff re. attendance, gradebook, and report cards.

Pros

Easy navigation and addresses most pressing needs a school has regarding communications and tracking. Plays nice with Maplewood!

Cons

Customer support is almost always excellent...but there are times when responses have been slow or problems lingered.

Excellent Student Management Tool

I've used Edsby as a teacher and a school administrator. As a teacher, Edsby has been an excellent tool to collect evidence of learning and calculate final marks. It's also been a very useful tool for communicating with students and their families. As an administrator, Edsby is very useful for accessing student contact information. We use it as an attendance management tool and the feedback has been positive.

Pros

Ease of access; ease of finding information; ability to tailor content specific to school's needs; user interface for administrators and end users

Cons

Wait times to speak with customer service can be frustrating

Using Edsby

Pros

Using Edsby has revolutionized my classroom! I use it to communicate with students and parents. Not only do I use it to organize my students' grades, but I post study guides, review games, photos, rubrics, links and anything I feel might be helpful to my students when they're home. My students use Edsby to "blog" about what we're doing in their classes. They comment on each others' posts and engage in positive, supportive dialogue. I feel like Edsby helps my class become a real community.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the mobile app can be a little buggy at times.

Robust Tool

It's a lot easier to stay organized with Edsby.

Pros

Edsby is a great place to keep everything organized for your class. You can do a lot with it, and really helps with students who accidentally keep losing all the handouts you give them.

Cons

There are a few little bugs that can be annoying. It needs to work far better as a mobile app. On a computer it's great.

I've been using Edsby for 3yrs now and I find it far better than EdLine or BlackBoard

Pros

Communication. With parents, students, collegues and clubs. Having a central hub for communication has been amazing.

Cons

I would like the gradebook to be more transparent and have a bit more functionallity wrt weighting. Also, it can be a little frustrating uploading images, and the library doesn't give enough information about the files I've stored in it.

Good Learning Management System With Lots Of Potential

Edsby is trying to be a leader in LMS offerings. They do make a compelling case for how effective they have been in large and small school districts. You will need support, but they are responsive. If you have the manpower to have someone that can really explore the additional features and then provide staff training with strong, clear parent communication it will be tremendously valuable to any educational environment.

Pros

Edsby is a LMS that in its most simplistic usage allows effective recording of grades and other classroom information. Once in place, it’s a constant communication tool between staff/parents/students with a user friendly interface.

Cons

It requires a dedicated trainee or a decent amount of tech support to customize beyond the most basic usage. Most end users outside the school never access most of the additional features. It is not easily used as a replacement for easier and faster SMS communications.

I use Edsby as a teacher in high school.

everything is now in one place. the privilege of spending way more time entering marks and calculating final percentages

Pros

I like that 'everything" is in one place. I like that communication with parents (theoretically) is streamlined.

Cons

I hate the gradebook. It is inflexible and does not give me the information I want. I don't like that every change is communicated so precisely to parents (for example if I change a grade, it adds a comment - isn't changing the grade enough? I can add a comment if I want to.) I don't like that each item gives parents the percent it is worth out of the total. It takes away from my professional judgement and allows parents and students to calculate their overall percent which is something our board has opted NOT to tell parent.s

Cynthia, did you know you don't HAVE to share grades, averages or weightings with parents in Edsby? It's up to you. Select the options you'd like in each classes' setup form. Enter the class, and click the setup option in the top menu. Your district has chosen some options consistent with their overall policy, but you as a teacher still get flexibility to exercise your professional judgement.

Working with the Edsby team has been great. Awesome features!

Pros

The wide range of features available for K-12. There is something of value for everyone in our organization. Ease of use when communicating to parents is an added benefit.

Cons

I wish they had more people on the support line. It is difficult to bring on new customers, add new features, and still provide the same level of support.

A great LMS! Interactive and easy to use

Daily analytics, communications, LMS

Pros

Platform, report cards, features, interactivity, customer service (BOB), notifications, groups, platform, security

Cons

It is missing an important feature where teachers should be able to message students ONLY - That is a feature the company had and removed - promising to bring back and improve - has not happened yet.

Edsby Is Awesome for Parents with Unorganized Children or those who don't communicate well

I am very thankful for Edsby. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone on to take a look at my son's grades and been upset because of something he didn't turn in. Well thanks to the ease of use of Edsby, I could easily look up the assignment and print it out, along with the list of grades for each class to keep my son on top of his work and grades. Even in HS, it has proven to be a valuable tool as now he is at a stage in which he communicates as little as possible with me. It is fun to know his grades before I ask him. The program is fairly easy to use, but could be a bit harder for someone with no computer skills, but overall I love it!

Pros

Everything

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Support staff is Friendly and Knowledgeable

Knowing that parents can view their child's progress realtime. This reduces the costs of time and resources of the front office staff of looking up the student's data / progress and keeping paper copies of records for years beyond.

Pros

The fact parents can see their children's grades realtime, while the data is safe and secure. Simplicity of use, and a shallow navigation learning curve.

Cons

Just a thought: having your own or preferred backend for the data for schools starting to work with Edsby for the first time.

Edsby Review

Edsby has benefited our school community in that it's a great communication tool.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's a wonderful communication tool between students, staff and parents providing current information.

Cons

There should be an easier way to find or file/organize the messages you send and receive.

Great! It helps keep everything up to date!

Pros

Posting lessons, handouts, worksheets...everything. When students are absent, they are still receiving all the material and they know where to find it.

Cons

Not a lot of cons. It does so much but one has to take the time to learn and figure it out. It can be a huge time saver.

Edsby has been a great communication tool. I am able to keep both parents and students informed.

Pros

The communication tools it provides so that I can keep parents and students up to date with class activities and assignment due dates.

Cons

It does not work well as an on-line classroom tool. Uploading files is not always reliable. Students have issues accessing reaoirces at home.

Excellent experience. Good program that is easy to use for all our teachers and administration.

The app is continuing to improve. It is nice to now have a better format of the app parents of our school are much more pleased with the app as most use that system.

Pros

Easy to use. New features are always being added. Easy implementation for new staff and administration. Easy integration for parent use.

Edsby Review

Communication opportunities greatly increased between staff and students

Pros

- Ease of use - Offers lots of functionalities (attendance, filtering, report cards, groups, messaging)

Cons

- how it syncs with our database - transcripts need fixing

Great tool to communicate!

Easy communication - parents are able to communicate with teachers - and vice versa.

Pros

Easy to access all kids and staff and parents! When there is a message I need to send to students who I do not teach - I can find them and communicate with them easily!

Cons

Things get 'lost' in rivers... they need to be 'bumped' to find them again... I have a hard time finding documents that were shared earlier - as they are pushed to the bottom..

Best Purchase I've Made

Pros

I love the ease of it! It took us less than 2 hours to get up and running. It has improved the communication between staff and with our parents

Cons

I'd like to be able forward messages to other people. Right now we have to cut and paste.

Love the interface and interactive features.

Pros

Quick, easy communications with students and parents. Its. great hub for activities and classes for students.

Cons

Posting options seems archaic, (can't edit or customize messages with colour, bold, etc.). Group pages have limited options for posting information; the knowledge section and library aren't very attratcive or obvious where students would find info that is posted (links, documents, etc.)

Easy to use and powerful!

Edsby has it all. It can track attendance, marks, posting of notes and pop-up surveys - and now it can even do online testing and quizzes that integrate with the gradebook!

Pros

Ease of use. Responsive customer service.

Cons

The email should be more like email and not a chat.

Edsby is key ingredient in the recipe for educational success.

Introducing new technology to 15,500 teachers and over 200,000 students is not an easy task. Edsby has accomplished this amazing feat with incredible results! Students no longer have any excuses for missing assignments, notes, and handouts and not knowing what their grade is. All of the information is posted on Edsby. Contacting a teacher for simple questions is now easy and not intimidating. ...