All categories

Edsby Reviews - Page 5

Thoughts On Improvements

I personally find it easy to use - I enjoy all features (Grading, Planner, etc) Suggestions * possibility of printing agenda notes for students who don't have access to internet * a way to "search" for messages and words in groups (e.g. staffroom) * more functionality in the app (camera/photos, etc) * a way to "define" standards when they are the same in certain subjects for split classes (e.g. less editing involved) * key feature would be the printing option for agenda notes for students (mentioning it again as we have quite a few students who do not have internet at home - or who prefer a paper agenda... so making everyone happy if possible). Thanks for the excellent customer service! Deb

Pros

Gradebook and communication features - the link to Trillium and student information for ease of access for the information

Cons

* ability to print for students who do not have technology at home * taking a photo * being able to post to multiple classes when using an app

Very good

I can have my gradebok anywhere with me

Pros

Quick answer from support Good grade book Easy to make a rubric and link it to your grade book....

Cons

My only concernais that the software is so huge that you can get loss easily. It would be nice to have training in person.

Over all a great experience

Pros

Fantastic gradebook. Good report cards. Compiles contact information for parents, students, and teachers. Allows for direct communication with students and parents

Cons

It would be nice if information updated in real time.

Edsby is a decent program.

Edsby would work great if they could fix all the kinks. The concept is wonderful if it could be executed correctly. It did the job for a few months but we had to change programs to save both teachers and parents sanity.

Pros

What I liked most about Edsby is how easy it was to navigate. Most of the assignments were in one place and was easy to tell the students were to go.

Cons

What I liked least was how often the site would crash. It was very hard to use because it loaded when it wanted to. We were having lots of issues with it loading in a certain time frame when it finally decided to work.

It does some cool extras but has lost some basic necessities.

Pros

Communication capabilities within the program that allow for greater communication of various sizes and groups within the school.

Cons

some missing basic necessities like easy printing of student database lists (I do alot of out of class events & having access to printing lists based on grades or gender etc) & grades (switching between percent/levels/out of).

The customer support is fantastic. The product is NOT fantastic.

If it wasn't so much of a pain, it would have all things in one place.

Pros

I like very little about the software. If I was reaching for a reason, it would be that the product is a communication tool and gradebook in one. That is all...oh, and the customer service.

Cons

Edsby is unreliable. My students can use it sometimes, and not others. The app is completely useless. I wonder why it exists. If I have to use this, I wonder why it is not working 100%...or even 50%. I hate how I reach customer service and they listen politely then make a great excuse as to why the point in my email to them was chosen not to function that way. The previous software that we used worked. Edsby has made us step backwards and, therefore, creates more work in the long run. I do not want my spare time used in trouble-shooting software. There's fun to be had.

Educational Software that fulfills all your needs!

Pretty much everything a teacher could need in one easy package!

Pros

The gradebook is maybe my favorite feature of this powerful educational software. Not only does it meet all government compliance standards, but it's also so easy to use that you will be able to pull student/parent info and view report cards in minutes!

Cons

A little clunky when viewing assessments by class (have to open them separately), but nothing remotely serious in this fantastic software.

Complicated app to take attendence

Pros

Software allows you to take attendence, keep records od student marks, contact parents, and share files with parents.

Cons

You can share information with parents but the parents will need to have their own account. Limited functionality with the mobile app. Better suited to log in through a desktop or laptop. Software is highly complicated to use for me and I feel that it is complicated for parents to use as well.

There was a learning curve and I feel that I will continue to use this piece of software for certain

Easy calculation of student grades as well as ease in matching assessments to expectations.

Pros

Gradebook, and the seating plan function. the attendance feature is great as well because you can send in your attendance from anywhere.

Cons

This is not a good piece of tech to use as a primary communication tool. Parents do not like to have to Log In to get information from it. They prefer Apps like Remind and the good old student agenda.

Easy to use gradebook

Pros

Edbsy is user friendly for the teachers, students, and parents. Grades are updated in real time and assignments can be posted for students who need to complete missing work.

Cons

I have not run into any issues with Edsby. I do prefer to use it on the computer as opposed to on my phone.

Keeping Up With Your Kid

Edsby is very useful when you're not sure if your child is telling you about her network assignments, upcoming tests, and grades. It creates another link between teacher and parent that's available 24/7,

Pros

Keeps me touch and keeps my son on his toes.

Cons

Smome teachers don't take advantage of all that Edsby has to offer. Some are very slow on inputting assignments and grades.

Edsby immediate feedback has been helpful

Pros

I can see my child's grades as soon as they're posted. I don't have to constantly ask about grades. Just a great way to stay informed.

Cons

Nothing major. Just took a little time to get familiar with how to use.

Easy to set up, harder to customize

Pros

Easy setup of new courses and connections, easy content upload and management, easy grouping and sharing.

Cons

Customization of courses and groups is limited and a bit tricky, yet suitable for most application scenarios.

Mathias, thanks for your review, but where did you use Edsby to form your opinions about it? We don't sell to universities, so you didn't use it at Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. And we don't have any other customers in Germany.

Edsby Support has always been very helpful as they always seek the resolution to the issue.

Pros

We use this in Elementary and Middle School. Easy way to keep parents and students informed of assignments and how the student is doing. Report card process is easy.

Cons

If the district has some weird issue with a charter school account it can affect Edsby and Edsby has to work with the district. For Report Cards, it would be nice to have an extra day to "fix" report cards after reports can be run by the district.

I use it for attendance - struggle to figure out how to use it for much else.

Easy attendance

Pros

I like that it has pictures of the students. There seems to be lots of uses but can't figure out how to set it up for my program

Cons

Lack of tutorials, lacks back buttons to take you to the previous page - which the students pictures could be enlarged for better viewing

I feel like this software is not helpful to me in an elementary classroom.

Pros

I like that I can easily share with parents, and often treat EDSBY like a blog so that parents can see what we are doing day to day. I like that I can share websites and assignments with students, but I can easily do this in a Google Classroom as well. I like the seating plan option for supply teachers. I also like that teachers can create calendars and schedule events through EDSBY.

Cons

The markbook does not make sense to me in an elementary classroom. It's not easy for students to add pictures of their work unless they post it for everyone to see. The weights of the assignments don't work for me.

Edsby is great!

Pros

Edsby is awesome and is great for my daily workload. Would highly recommend!

Cons

I have no qualms with Edsby that I can think of at present.

It has been user friendly

I can keep track of online grades easily

Pros

I can communicate to students, easy to maneuver grades, print out of blank rosters and I like how it updates frequently the student list

Cons

Still trying to figure out how to enter a 90 in the same column for everyone besides doing every single one individually

Edsby is the perfect tool for teachers, students and administrators

We began using Edsby this fall and the whole school loves it! The interface is easy to use and is very student friendly. Parents love that they can keep up to date on what is happening at the school and with their children. The fact that it draws information directly from our S.I.S. makes updates easy. We use it for classes as well as clubs, teams, PLC's and a lot of other groups within the school. When there are issues that arise, we have found the Edsby support team to be very helpful and quick - they really are "There to help" Any time you can blend classroom teaching with social media you have a hit! We recommend Edsby without hesitation.

Edsby helps with organization

There are many things I like about Edsby. I like that the students can reach out to each other in the newsfeed so that if they have a question on the weekend or evening, they don't need to rely on me to answer, they can answer each other's questions. I love how the course plan allows me to organize all my files and notes so that students can find anything they are missing. I love that the calendar allows me to let them know when they have work periods on their projects or when to bring in their laptops if they want them. I really like the new feature that tells me if a student has done badly on an assessment lately, relative to her recent work.

Cons

Edsby adds to the learning experience!

Edsby has become a permanent fixture within my classroom. I teach Reading and Social Studies. With my students having access to iPads, it is very easy to upload documents and post them to the newsfeed area of the class page so that students can access the documents and complete tasks in the classroom as well as at home without having to acquire a paper copy of the required document. In addition, Edsby allows me as the teacher to input student grades and communicate with students in regards to their progress. I recommend Edsby as it will aid students in obtaining the necessary information so that they can become self-intiated learners.

Great Aid for Teachers

At first, I didn't quite understand how to use the Edsby system, but the video tutorial made it so much easier to navigate through. Now, I can use it with ease and it is truly a great aid to my record and grade keeping.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and very organized.

Cons

N/A

Staff, student, and parent portal

Pros

Works as a single point of contact for parents.

Cons

Odd interface choices going from App to Website create additional hurdles when training the software to staff and parents.

It is very basic. Not all teachers use it or update it. Scores aren't indicative of final grades.

I can get some information from teachers who do use it that let me know how to help my child with homework.

Pros

I like that it's not expected to be a social media outlet and has clean line and colors. There are no ads and garish colors.

Cons

Once on the dashboard it's very difficult to understand where and how to get more information about classes. The parent view does not match the child's and parents were unable to view any information posted in "Groups." There's also no information about school events.

Pure Genius

I'm so impressed with the scope and completeness of the Edsby platform. The engineers and designers have really made a definitive stand in this space and nothing I've seen touches Edsby. We are working with the platform to provide some value added functionality and we are chomping at the bit to get our first application for Edsby out the door!