All categories

Edsby Reviews - Page 6

My Edsby experience

The product and support are great. They always try to improve the product by adding desired functionality.

Pros

It is a one stop shop for educational engagement for staff, students and parents.

Cons

Occasionally updates break other functionality that was previously working.

Terrible first year; more settled now, but difficult to overcome that legacy

Expectations too high difficult to know if new features available

Cons

Dick makes a point. Back in September of 2012 when we deployed Edsby at our first two customers, Dick's University of Toronto Schools (UTS) and Toronto District Christian High School, we thought we had a good idea of what schools needed. And while we did have good stuff back then, we also learned what else we still needed to do. Over 90 enhancements to Edsby came directly from suggestions from those two customers, and now, three years and 500+ schools later, our product is better for it. From bucketed weighting to group-based planned absences, we heard and listened to their feedback, and we're doing that with customers still.

I love this!!

If you are looking for a smooth experience, Edsby is the way to go. It is by far the most easy to use system I have ever encountered

Pros

The social media feel of Edsby makes it easier to use for the students. The intuitive interface is a game changer

Cons

So far, I have not found anything that is a deal breaker for me. Really smooth process and I hope it stays that way

Parent Use

I like that I have a spot to go to review my daughters assignments and to communicate with the teachers. I do forget to use it at times but I am sure that will come. I like the reminders/emails from the teachers and I like the reminder emails about upcoming activities.

Cons

Edsby is an easy tool to use. Certain features are rigid and can't be customized to the school needs

Pros

The important feature of Edsby is Gradebook Functionality and the presence of Curriculum expectation.

Cons

We cannot have a customized setup, and does not have integration with Google calendar. We are facing lots of challenges with Parents sign in and admin login.

Very helpful and useful to keep up on my child

I love the fact it keeps me up to date on my sons grade, plus his absents and tardies. Teachers need to be required to update grades daily. This is the only con or issue I have had with using it. Over all I like using it

Good value

Pros

most comprehensive learning and analytics platform available for K-12, engaging students, parents and teachers on all of their devices

Cons

combines social networking with class and student management features Not sure if it's appropriate for young children

Wonderful software

Having a High School student Edsby has been a great asset. From HW to up to date grades. Also the messaging between teacher and parent is Great!!!!

Great communication resource

A great, convenient way to keep track of the student's progress. It can also facilitate communication among students, teachers and parents

Cons

Used mainly for grading. Easy to use,once I had the training.

The only "con" that I can recall is when the system was down and going through its refurbishment.

Amazing

It keeps me updated with everything concerning the school and my son grades and assignments

Smooth and powerful!

Pros

The ease of use made working with and using Edsby a pleasurable experience.

Cons

The issue is one with calculating averages, but I think it is more about how I structure the marks than a problem with Edsby.

Great software

It was easy to use. The instruction sheet clearly showed me how to enter data.