Blackboard Collaborate Logo

Blackboard Collaborate

Online collaboration & web conferencing solution

Blackboard Collaborate Reviews - Page 2

It's all there

Pros

Once I learned how to use Blackboard Collaborate to manage my online classes, I really couldn't imagine doing it any other way, and I absolutely loved the software.

Cons

I did have to take special training from my university tech department to learn about all the ins and outs. But, once I was trained up, I totally loved it.

Great LMS When Needing the Basics

Pros

Overall I would say this product is straight forward when it comes to its functionality. The average user does not have to play around with the software to figure out what they need

Cons

Administratively it can be difficult to find how to adjust the settings and launch things using the software. It can take multiple steps to do something that should be easily handled.

Blackboard Collaborate Honest Review

Pros

BBC is a solid choice for having virtual classes with pretty much any sized class of students. Having the option to record sessions makes learning and meeting a bit more convenient for those who may be unable to attend in real time.

Cons

Students are disadvantaged if their internet connection is not very fast because they will experience heavy glitching.

Review of Blackboard Collaborate

Blackboard has been in education for over 30 years and they have figured out the needs of teachers in that time. I feel that they have a complete product.

Pros

Recorded sessions are immediately available! No posting links or downloading necessary and Students can easily find the recorded sessions. Screen sharing is also good. I also like the fact that I can see what the students are seeing.

Cons

The video feature is good but not great - better on other platforms like Zoom. However overall this is a better product than Zoom for education.

Blackboard with communication

One has taken instruction on the Blackboard platform, turned in assigments for both work and education, and collaborated on work projects.

Pros

This software is easy to utilize within an organization. It offers the opportunity to collaborate with others, go into private discussion rooms, and do instruction.

Cons

Crashes at moments and does not opporate all the time as expected.

Very Suitable Virtual Classroom Environment

Overall, Blackboard Collaborate has served me well as a teaching platform. I have been able to use its many features to promote engagement, learning, and safety.

Pros

Features like private chat, breakout rooms, screen sharing, polling, and file transfer are critical to maximizing learning and engagement in a virtual classroom. The capacity to monitor student work and communication is also vital.

Cons

The inability to see all students at the same time is a distinct disadvantage for teachers and students. The degree of resources required for screen sharing makes this an inaccessible feature for many students.

Great tool for college classes.

Saved time and effort during a busy college life.

Pros

There is so much to keep track of with classes, assignments, grades, etc. and blackboard lets everything stay in one place so students and teachers aren't spending too much time just locating items.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy at times but overall, the pros greatly outweigh the cons for blackboard as a student.

Good Product, just pricy in comparison to others

We use blackboard for our e-learning webinars and are satisfied

Pros

Easy to use, worked everytime we used it

Cons

it cost much more than our other webinar software

My Experience with Blackboard Collaborate

I love it but there is room for improvement for sure.

Pros

My favorite software for virtual classrooms. File sharing and screen sharing is great with this platform.

Cons

I believe that people with unstable internet connections will have a problem using this software well. A lot of disconnections can happen.

Blackboard- Buyer Beware

Pros

This program is used for all of our training, mentoring, Advisor meetings, and round tables; as such, I appreciate the versatility of the program in my organization. Screensharing is easy to use, as are video and audio chats. Creating a test in Blackboard is a very cool feature I learned about recently and I’ve been trying it out to make tests for my mentors. Moderator tools, such as turning off chat, audio and video help prevent any possibility of cheating amongst Advisors. I really like the whiteboard feature as well, and myself and my mentors and team mates alike enjoy making silly messages or posting clip art from the internet.

Cons

Blackboard has crashed on me quite a bit, as it has on many others in my organization. Connections errors happen quite often. Sometimes, the collaborate file we download gets randomly corrupted and we have to figure that out on our own and re-download a fresh copy. There isn’t much troubleshooting on their website for the issues we face, and sometimes IT is as clueless as we are on how to fix it. The interface for Collaborate is severely outdated, and needs a fine tuneup. We were excited to learn of an iPhone application for Blackboard, and then we downloaded it and not only has it not been updated in years, it was extremely dated and lacked basic functionality like screen sharing, video, whiteboard and moderator tools.

useful school assignment and grade software

overall convenient one stop shop for everything related to my courses

Pros

I like that I can access my grades, submit assignments and participate in discussion boards all in one place

Cons

my least favorite feature is that the overall grade reporting system is a little confusing because of the weights of the grades

Multi-functional

Overall, Blackboard is usually reliable and easy to use, it just has issues from time to time.

Pros

I love using blackboard because its good for tests, quizzes, homework assignments, and posting notes and info needed.

Cons

I don't like how often it crashes or has weird bugs where grades or assignments aren't available like they're supposed to be.

Great Platform for Studnets

Pros

I have used Blackboard for years as a college student. It has a lot of great features, like built-in messaging and grading scales, that make it easy for students to communicate with professers and understand course requirements.

Cons

Blackboard is not the most intuitive, and it takes a while to get the hang of.

A great starter program but with a lot of issues for long term users

Since spending 5+ years with Blackboard and Collaborate, we have since switched to Canvas. I am not seeing any issues here, albeit it has only been a year and counting since the switch. I have not had any error messages, and I've conducted live chats and webinars with students without issues. Crossing my fingers that it is the program we've been waiting for and it will keep performing for many years!

Pros

Collaborate is easy to set up initially, and it allows online collaboration - hence the title - between students and both their peers in the virtual classroom and their professor.

Cons

For short-term use, the program excels. For long-term users, there are too many bugs in the program for it to be viable for higher education use. We expect our students to be tech savvy, and it is embarrassing when our software does not hold up to this same standard. I frequently got "unavailable" or "error: contact your program administrator" messages, costing me valuable time with my students. There were also times when the whiteboard would freeze, and I'd have to reboot my entire computer while my students waited.

My classes occur in classroom and I use this platform as an virtual educative experience

A good platform for a virtual experience educational

Pros

I enjoy to preparer the scenario previously and while the students login to the platform, I chat with them: "Hey, welcome" and I invite them to change their profile, after that, I share with them my PowerPoint files or I give them the guideline to share their files. To assign or change the session-role with the students has been a great experience: let them drive the class and expose their jobs from their device, sharing their desktop, letting them to use any software to show it. Its `no necessary a big bandwidth of Internet, it works fine with medium/low bandwidth, in this way the video and the sound communication are pretty good, considering this.

Cons

I must take time to teach/familiarize previously for the students in the use of the platform, it is not an intuitive software.

Great for First Timers

Pros

I've used a variety of Blackboard platforms from school specific portals to more generic uses for younger ages and it's very easy to figure out how to use from the getgo.

Cons

I have definitely had glitches where there is a lag and it's hard to keep up with a string of conversation with collaborators.

A useful tool that is used in Open Universities

Pros

I have been using Blackboard Collaborate for the last 1.5 years and I can say that it does its job. It's easy to use, simple and it works as it was supposed to do. I like the fact that you can open multiple instances of the tool in case you want to watch archive recordings and pause them to continue at a later time.

Cons

A few times the tools won't run. There are also times that there is a delay on sound and it's not clear what is the problem.

Easy collaborative learning

As a life long student and teacher, I use this application for most of my assignments. I don’t have to have long tutorials on how this product works because most students understand it.

Pros

The best thing about this design is that it is a shared experience with you and multiple users. It’s video and audio quality is clear. There is no lagging and it’s very simple to understand and use. It’s widely accepted at most of the US universities and allows for uniformed communication efforts. It also interfaces with several other software products.

Cons

It’s not as tech savvy as more up to date applications. Also, it does not have consistent functionality on all internet browsers.

I loved working on blackboard

Pros

I like how things were compartmentalized on the side. Everything was easy to use. You could change the theme to suit your needs. We took quizzes, collaborated with groups and interacted with the professor on the platform

Cons

Bo significant cons to note. Great and clean platform to work on

A Lack of Good User Experience

My overall experience with Blackboard has been unsatisfactory. I have used blackboard for 4 years and the terrible UX design of the website still remains. On top of that certain aspects of the website do not function well such as the text box where students can type there answers inside of.

Pros

Blackboard is sufficient when it comes to completing assignments, taking exams and posting on discussion forms. It is simple to see what your grade is in the class and what assignments you have to complete.

Cons

The user experience of this software is subpar. The main course page of the website needs to be redesigned. The design of the page is bland and there is a lot of unused space on the website. The text box that students use on Blackboard is terrible. The autocorrect of the text box is unable to recognize a lot of words and claims that it is not a real word and gives a red line underneath. There are also multiple times where pressing the spacebar does not work and you have to click out of the box and click back in in order for it to work again.

Great LMS

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to be navigated by students and faculty. Smooth integration with publisher's materials.

Cons

If they can add a delete button on announcements. I copy announcements from previous semester and I would like to see that you can select several announcements to be deleted in one click.

A great tool for online courses or web conferences

Pros

I am a part-time graduate student and took several online courses to save commute time. Blackboard Collaborate makes it easy to have a fully-engaged audience without being physically present. You can communicate with the instructor or other students via audio or by typing messages. And it would allow you to record the session so that the students who miss it can have access to it at a later time.

Cons

You will need strong internet connection to make it work well. If the internet slows down, you may get kicked out of BB collaborate. It is not very intuitive and it may require some training before you know how to use it properly.

Seen Better but Definitely Seen Worse

Pros

Collaborate is often more convenient than Zoom, allowing for more specific features to be used during a meeting.

Cons

When others don't know how to use it properly (happens often) it is difficult for everyone to use. Organization should be easier to set up.

Great software for collaborating with students and professors

In overall everyone in class has loved this program a lot.

Pros

The positives of this software is that grades can be turned in quickly and the customization to it is really good.

Cons

The downsides of this software is that the video uploading applet is not great and needs to increase the file size to 2 GB

Great User Interface

Overall I love the experience of using Bb.

Pros

Very convenient to use. I love the ability to connect virtually and also share the screen with the students. Students can also catch up on the lectures by watching the recorded sessions if they missed any lectures which I feel is extremely helpful.

Cons

User interface can be a bit challenging if you are using it for the first time. I suggest try using it hands on first before using it in the class