Blackboard Collaborate Logo

Blackboard Collaborate

Online collaboration & web conferencing solution

Blackboard Collaborate Reviews - Page 3

Blackboard Collaborate made online classes much more interactive.

Interactive classes that could be recorded for replays, if needed. The ability to practice a presentation in a test demo room anytime, instead of going in blind on the day of the presentation. Note that I mainly used this software with my school previously.

Pros

- Ability to break out into private groups while still remaining in the main session. - Chat system, audio, and video capabilities. - Able to draw on the screen during presentations. - Admin can restrict permissions or grant permissions for specific users. - Ability to receive a recording of the session - Ability to test demo a room by yourself to practice beforehand.

Cons

It could be laggy sometimes, but not too often (this may have also been due to users' internet speeds). Trying to fast-forward in the records sometimes caused the entire session to start over from the beginning.

Excellent platform for completing assignments and collaborating with classmates and instructors

Pros

My professors find it very easy to assign us tasks to complete at assigned due dates and have the ability to add other members to specific groups within the course. As an engineering student, collaboration is vital in my studies and Blackboard Collaborate allows me to message my peers and ask them questions, solve inquiries, etc.

Cons

Nothing is lacking apart from the occasional Blackboard crashes and service reports.

SO GREAT for collaborating on projects

We used it for our entire university to allow students, faculty, and others to work on. It was amazing and a much-needed move for the entire school.

Pros

GREAT for collaborating, great for uploading homework/projects that you're working on and collaborating others on group projects. Very helpful and awesome Cloud software that helps students, teachers, and coworkers share work and collaborate on it.

Cons

I wonder what Blackboard will do to avoid getting wiped out by Google Drive and other free apps/programs that do the same or a similar job? It will need to continue to innovate a lot to stay valuable, but as of right now it's great for group projects and uploading work for businesses or schools.

By Far the Best

Pros

After the Zoom scandals a while back, I was nervous to switch to online learning because of the pandemic. Concerned for my privacy and safety, I was a bit more relieved to find out we would be switching to Blackboard so we could use the collaborate feature for video calls. It was great! Easy to use and much better connection than other video conference softwares I had used before. My professors also did not require us to have our cameras on. So if we wanted to ask a question, we did not need to speak. Rather we could use the chat function which would actually make a noise so the teacher's attention could be turned towards there. Overall it was efficient and simple.

Cons

There is absolutely no cons to this software!

Great for students

Pros

I enjoy the capabilities of this software. I used this platform while enrolled in school and we heavily relied on the grading, scheduling breakdown, and messaging.

Cons

I believe adding a planner to the platform would greatly benefit students. Should investigate this option.

Not So Smooth

This program works, but is very choppy. I don't recommend it- there are smoother options. However, it does get the job done if required to use. I'd consider looking elsewhere though, if possible!

Pros

Blackboard Collaborate has video conference abilities. The program has a 'whiteboard' that can be shared on the screen and interacted with by both administrator and users. (teacher and students) They make it so you can upload PDF into files, and share those with the users on the screen. This feature is nice as you only have to upload it once. They allow share screen with any open tabs as well.

Cons

If there are more than 4users on the call, you cannot see more of them. It is impossible to see everyone at once, or to scroll through the other users. There are many connectivity issues with Blackboard Collaborate making it challenging to provide quality interaction with users. It has a lag in timing between what is shown or said and when the other users see it on their screen. The whiteboard feature is nice, but writing on it is challenging as well as when you erase, you have to erase the whole 'whiteboard' rather than controlling what pieces to erase and which to keep.

Great software for online schooling, but has limitations

I love that I can control who types, who can speak, and who can use the video function. I do wish that I could change the name of a student who logs in. If they log in with their name spelled incorrectly, they have to log out and log back in, whereas in our old software (Elluminate!) I could edit participant names.

Pros

Blackboard Collaborate makes it simple for me to attend online meetings and meet virtually with my students across the state of Florida. I can easily upload PowerPoint slides, play videos, and distribute files.

Cons

The Exception Errors are pretty common - sometimes I get booted out or my software freezes. It seems like the higher the attendance, the more likely these errors are.

Pretty good learning tool for what it's designed for

Helps learn

Pros

I like that you can add so many different modules to it and make the experience more dynamic for all the users

Cons

Sometimes it does feel a bit clunky and messy. Depending on the admin different modules are used in different ways, making it hard to all be on the same page

I used BlackBoard as a student.

Pros

This software allowed me to register for classes, register for graduation, view my grades, and access online courses all in one place.

Cons

I think the software system should develop an app for IOS and android that allows students to be notified when a class opens up.

Blackboard Collaborate is a good tool for virtual meetings

Pros

I like that Blackboard Collaborate allows users to access the meetings via desktop, laptop, and mobile device. I also like that users can create their own rooms and breakout rooms within the main session.

Cons

I don't like that users who access the meetings from mobile device have limited abilities to use the tools within the session. I feel as though a mobile device would make it easier to use the whiteboard tools and options, but they are completely shut down for participants who attend via a mobile device.

Use blackboard as a grad student.

Pros

The overall quality, ease of use, features & functionality of blackboard make it a great software for college students and college campuses to invest in.

Cons

BlackBoard apps should have a feature that allows students to be notified of financial aid reimbursement.

It's good but need more work

It has potential, but it needs more work. I really think it can be better by improving it interface. A lot of students find it confusing to use the tool.

Pros

I used this as an user and administrator. It has good features. The LMS is good. Great tool study management tracking.

Cons

The interface is bad. The feature placement is all over the place. I am also not a huge fan of the video conferencing through blackboard.

all-in-one alternative for elearning.

Using blackboard as an elearning platform for several years, I found its potential to facilitate homework assignments, grading, reporting, and more. Over the years, the platform has kept going and is an important benchmark for this type of solution.

Pros

The creation of work groups is very satisfactory, it allows the creation of blogs and forums that are qualified in a fluid way. After understanding the dynamics of the course and the location of buttons and features, it is easy for students to interact and take different courses.

Cons

Integration with other platforms could be simplified. For taste or for ease of use, sometimes it is preferable to use applications such as those belonging to the Google suite. An integration with the google suite would be amazing.

Save money, use Bb Collaborate

Once my computer was upgraded, I had an 7 year old computer previously, all of my issues went away.

Pros

I like that this is already a tool in Blackboard and that I don't have to go outside of the LMS to hold a video conference. This saves us time and money so we don't have to buy or train on an outside tool.

Cons

I don't like that it only works well in Chrome. Also, you have to have a fast computer to hold a session. I was using a dated computer at one point and it kept dropping the session. But if you can remember to remind users to only use Chrome and if you have a fast computer, you'll be able to use this.

As a student, using Blackboard has been integral to organizing my school materials

Ability to see schoolwork

Pros

I like the user friendliness, especially as it relates to upcoming assignments on the front page of the application.

Cons

I dislike how cluttered it can get when you delve deep into some of the modules within the application.

Pros

Easy to use and very beneficial. I used it for many online college courses. It keeps everything organized and allows people to collaborate.

Cons

It can be difficult to navigate at first. I also think it could benefit from being more user friendly.

Made it easy to collaborate with groups members on projects/assignments and hit deadlines

Being able to access course information on the fly, all online

Pros

The ability to join forces online with fellow groups members on a specific project or task, and work together within the platform to finish our tasks by the deadline.

Cons

Video wouldn't always work, seemed like the IT department was the place to go for all issues and they didn't always have a full handle on how portions of Blackboard itself worked.

Pros

Blackboard is easy to use for students and professor, it's nice to have all of our classes and information located on one platform.

Cons

Our school sometimes shuts down Blackboard or has an outage, I'm not sure if this is the fault of FSU or Blackboard

A Nice Upgrade to the Old System

Pros

The new Blackboard Collaborate is great! I've used it as both a student and as a potential professor, as I am a certified online instructor. When I was obtaining my certification, I was trained in how to use Blackboard Collaborate and create/open sessions. We did a few tests and it was a lot better than the old version back when I was just an undergraduate student taking the occasional online course.

Cons

There wasn't really much negative about it. The old Blackboard Collaborate needed improvement, but the new version is that improvement. It looks better, functions better, and operates more efficiently.

I use this software daily. It is rather simplistic to use however my institution will be switching.

Pros

I like the wide variety of how you can set up things and communicate with fellow students and staff.

Cons

I think what I least like is we tend to have errors with this system, where things time out and/or data is lost and has to be resubmitted.

The experience was productive

Pros

It functioned. Used when I attended ACC and the software always worked as expected. It was a reliable platform as I remember.

Cons

None come to mind. I remember it being useable on all my computers and I could log on to do homework without issues.

Used as a Student And Caregiver

I've not only used this program for my own college courses but as an on-call caregiver in my city, I have come across a few education facilities and homes that have used it. The feedback I've gotten from it always was positive and useful! And I can recall never having issue with it when I was in college using it myself.

Pros

I love how flexible this program is for different ages, subjects, and types of classes. This has been a great way to grow education in such a fast paced world that needs information more at its fingertips.

Cons

A long time ago, I use to have some issues with navigation. It seems to have gotten better over time, so no real current issues or concerns of it.

Pretty easy to use

I like it. I find it really easy to use.

Pros

It was easy to navigate and learn the new features.

Cons

I’ve had to train some people on how to use blackboard. Having pictures and videos on how to find things or use things would help.

Number one product with all essential features

I would say Blackboard Collaborate is a very good and unique steady web-based collaborative learning system that truly helps me in redesigning system that offers a complete level of engagement as well.

Pros

It helps me in order to make effective video and audio calls that are essential for any type of project. I can easily use it to cover my lectures in just few hours without any difficulty. Moreover, this platform has the best features for instant and real time chat services that helps in completing all my work projects conveniently.

Cons

For me this particular application is one of the best solutions for all my stuff related to studies and also it helps me in doing all the complex assignment tasks. Truly speaking I do not find any hurdle whenever I use this product. So, it is free of cons.

Student Perspective

As a student, I use blackboard daily for my courses, I find it simple to navigate, however sometimes the layout of the documents and work is confusing and often times not aesthetically pleasing.

Pros

Great for student and teacher interaction as well as inter student discussion,