Blackboard Collaborate Logo

Blackboard Collaborate

Online collaboration & web conferencing solution

Blackboard Collaborate Reviews - Page 7

Great for online meetings

I have been using blackboard collaborate for about a year now for school. It is nice because you can be at home and don't have to leave your house to meet.

Pros

This has been great for online meetings/classes during the COVID-19 outbreak. I can attend all my classes from the safety of my home.

Cons

I do not like that you can only see four screens at a time. If you want to see if other people are engaged during your meeting/class, you cannot scroll through to see their webcam.

Blackboard Collaborate

Pros

Easy and effective way to share information when not in the classroom. Students can post to other students, give feedback, great for lots of information. I've used it in elementary through continuing education

Cons

It takes a little bit of trial and error to get used to.

Blackboard Love

I love blackboard. I use it daily with my job. Even though there are other programs, nothing really compares.

Pros

Lots of capability for differentiation and uploading powerpoints.

Cons

Only accepts PowerPoint. Video view is small when there are multiple speakers.

Blackboard Collaborate

Overall it's a pretty good platform for collaboration. If few things that are mentioned above are taken care of properly it will make it much better.

Pros

Session's are being recorded nicely and safely.

Cons

Can't take the handle of more than expected users. Load issue is there.

Love this LMS

Pros

So user-friendly. I love this LMS for all of its functionalities and options as a learner and professor. Everything is literally in one place.

Cons

The gradebook can be a bit a wonky when transferring the same course into a new semester.

Collaborating Near and Far

I enjoyed using Blackboard Collaborate while I was at work. I was able to communicate with my coworkers that were in different buildings than I. Also, I was able to communicate with coworkers that were on different campuses. Overall, Blackboard Collaborate is a good way to interact with your counterparts on any given day.

Pros

I love collaborating with my coworkers and using this great interface to communicate effectively. I would use this software everyday because it was simple, easy to use, and comfortable.

Cons

I don't like how Blackboard Collaborate always starts when your computer starts up. It would be nice if it launched when you clicked on it instead of the other way around.

I used it and I think it's a very powerful tool for business communication.

Pros

I was researching the conference platform and tried Blackboard Collaborate. It impressed me in a favorable way. It was easy to use, and I loved the image quality. Although highly recommended for education, it can also be used for business meetings. We used the trial version and it exceeded our expectations.

Cons

I didn't really like the location of the panels (they're hidden) to navigate them, but when you get to know them, it gets a little better.

Exceptional virtual classroom

Pros

Facilitates online teaching sessions at any time Easy to share screen or content Breakout rooms allows for smaller conversations away from the main class

Cons

It utilizes a lot of bandwidth so may not work well with slow internet

We have used this for K12 school classes

Pros

We like this software in that it's so interactive and live with their teacher. It is easy to use and follow along during class.

Cons

I think the video and audio functions could use some serious work. seems like we are always having to troubleshoot these functions.

Convenient way to study and work as a team

Blackboard Collaborate serves beneficially for studying and working as a whole team.

Pros

Blackboard Collaborate is ease to use. It is convenient and helpful to keep the whole working team informed. Everybody can response and use the information on Blackboard Collaborate at their convenience.

Cons

I need to search a little to see if I have any new income messages. Sometimes I have problem to upload files to Blackboard Collaborate.

It works

Pros

It's is very easy to implement and use. It add into our LMS with out any issues and is a one click solution to live classes and office hours

Cons

It can confuse students at times with it's interface. I do think it could be easier to find where recordings are when there are created.

It is what it is

Pros

Blackboard is a convenient platform that allows me to do what I need to do. It could use some improvements, but overall it’s a good system.

Cons

I have always found blackboards functionality to be difficult and the platform confusing even with support.

Tends to work well, however sometimes it didn't work as well as expected.

Access to school materiel and lectures.

Pros

I was able to look up class schedules/assignments. Online classes where you can raise your hand, ask questions, etc virtually. Fair sound/video quality for virtual classes.

Cons

It is not as user friendly, sometimes it was too difficult to find what I needed. It appears that it was difficult to use on the teacher end as well as they were constantly needing help or having difficulty loading their content online.

Students tool

Blackboard collaborate benefits us alot.

Pros

Blackboard collaborate can serve as students educational tool but it's a learning platform that helps both teacher and students to perform an academics online. It helps me to monitor on my students activities and blogs.

Cons

It doesn't have automated attendance that you can monitor students, for me it's a big deal because students will take advantage in that matter.

Was super helpful in college.

Pros

This made managing my classes in college super simple. Kept everything in one place so I didn't have to separately managed each of my classes.

Cons

Whe I used it the breadcrumb navigation left a little to be desired. it appears they've since redesigned though so it may no longer be an issue.

Blackboard Collaborate is Great!

My overall experience with Blackboard Collaborate has been good.

Pros

I like that students are able to get the immediate benefit of connections with their instructor & classmates with the flexibility of being at home.

Cons

Sometimes issues with connection happens.

Good training tool

Blackboard is a good tool for education a larger group of individuals and then testing the knowledge that they have learned from the assignments.

Pros

The assignments were easy to follow, and to follow through to the testing of each assignment. However, if you skipped a quiz, it could be difficult to navigate back to.

Cons

The software was a little glitchy it seemed when there were more individuals using it at the same time.

Need a revamp to reach industry standards

This software was chosen by my employer for remote teaching, as we already use Blackboard as our e-learning platform. I found it less flexible and harder to use than most off-the-shelf solutions like Zoom or Skype.

Pros

Blackboard collaborate is a robust, no-thrills video-conferencing software that you can use with large groups (including for remote teaching). Users can join by phone if they lack a broadband connection. All basic functions are there (you can share a pdf, chat raise your hand, etc.). Sessions can be recorded.

Cons

You can only see a few participants of your screen. You cannot share Powerpoint presentations (unless they are converted into a pdf) of mix the speaker and the presentation on the same screen like you do, e.g., with Zoom's advanced features. The menu sidebar is pretty cumbersome and it may be hard to find your way (e.g. if you need to switch to a different microphone). The overall user experience is pretty boring.

Easy to set up platform

It benefits me a lot also my learners.

Pros

I like in Blackboard collaborate is very easy to set up learning platform and compatible to my computer also to students who i teach. It also has a good outcomes to all my learners.

Cons

Using blackboard collaborate is not easy as you think it more complex thats why students or learners need to learn first how to use it properly before proceeding to academics.

Conference meetings at its Peak

The experience is impressive and WOW!

Pros

The software is fabulous, easy to use and manipulate and the navigation is very easy to understand. It makes conferencing to be done in a more professional manner. With the lowest internet frequency, it works and very fast

Cons

For me, it is just the best. It can be used by anyone even those that do not understand the rudiment of virtual online meeting.

Good for Student Collaboration

Pros

Integration from within the actual Blackboard was the best so that students can definitely come to the Blackboard course room rather than personal emails. Features were rich for the most part.

Cons

The ability to share the presentation and simultaneously see any chat discussions would have been helpful. Often, I found myself pausing to see the chat window and whenever the switch happened the presentation has to be reshared. It is also unclear how the presentation upload works as if I do that there is a nested window within window appearing.

I Remember Blackboard

This has enhanced the lessons I teach on a weekly basis.

Pros

I remember Blackboard from my days taking college classes online while still in high school. It has become a favorite software for teaching and tutoring in a great amount of subjects. I love that there are breakout rooms where students can work in groups. They've improved and added several features that make attendance tracking and lecturing easier.

Cons

I wish that Blackboard could be a packaged or product for downloaded for computer operating systems as well as internet compatible.

Good for Higher Educational Institutions

Pros

I actually used this software more in my capacity of a student as I worked to renew my teaching certificate at the local college who used Blackboard. It's an extremely efficient tool utilized by both professors and students that allows easy conducting of a digital-based classroom.

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities for webcam-enabled chats between students or teachers.

If you're not locked into Collaborate there are better options

Pros

This definitely is well integrated in the Blackboard ecosystem. For simple presentations it does "alright", but is limited.

Cons

When sharing a PPT, you can only upload static slides. If you're creative and have animations or transitions, they won't be available.

Business Meetings

Overall experience is a 10/10. It’s easy to navigate and great for meeting with colleagues and boss.

Pros

My favorite function of this software is the ability to screen share.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a while to load, but I still love it.