FACTS

Scholarship management software for private schools

FACTS Reviews

Pros

Overall I can see and understand the value and the importance of using a program like FACTS. It works, it’s easy, it is supposed to be very secure, and it something that works.

Heather W.

FS

Freddie S.

I've worked at this school for twenty years & can say with great conviction "this is a great product. One of the many reasons I appreciate renweb is their support staff.

KD

Kathy D.

Cons

Families find it frustrating if they are not online a lot or don't pay bills online. Paper invoices often get lost in mail.

SR

Stephanie R.

Running reports out of RenWeb is a pain, and you are extremely limited on what information you can filter in order to get the report that you need/want.

EM

Elizabeth M.

Despite all of the functions, the grading portion seems to be an afterthought. Entering assignments is cumbersome, and entering late work is excruciatingly painful.

LR

Lisa R.

4.1

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Transcript

Simon: Hi, my name is Simon. I'm the director of technology for a private school, and I would give FACTS...

Excellent product for a VERY niche market

Pros

RenWeb is School Information System software. It allows the user to take attendance, track grades, generate report cards, as well as a HOST of other features. Very feature-rich. In years past, RenWeb sort of lost its way with not really understanding who its core customer was - K-12 schools. After the acquisition by FACTS, RenWeb has really turned the ship around.

Cons

I do not like that FACTS is completely re-branding RenWeb as FACTS SIS. It doesn't sound as good. It looks like they're admitting failure. My preference would simply to be a major revision overhaul and re-branding with the same name.

Everything A Teacher Needs!

My overall experience has been a positive one. I have used this software in a couple of schools I've taught in. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to any fellow teachers as well as any future schools.

Pros

What I like most about RenWeb is the fact that everything a teacher may need in document management is in one place. The teacher can write their lesson plans, use the software to enter grades and find everything they may need on their students all in one place. I like the fact that the lesson plans are easy for parents to see as well. They have made some good advances in the past year. They are making strides in keeping up with the way they appear and the flexibility they have implemented to allow the teacher to work from work and personal devices. I do know from personal experience that they want to put the best product out there and are not afraid to change to do it.

Cons

The thing I have liked least about this software is that they make some changes to the software in the year. I adjusted to some of their updates with ease only to find it has changed during the year. I can be a bit frustrating especially when those changes happen at the end of a school year. I'm glad they are evolving, the timing could be better.

Buyer's Remorse.

Renweb is a disaster. 1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what...

Affordable SIS

It is a full SIS with some limitations, but that is to be expected for the price. Their customer service is primarily operated through chat and they do a good job!

Pros

FACTS is an affordable SIS. The system maintains all of our records and has capability for customization within reports such as building your own report card. FACTS is always improving. They take user requests seriously and we can vote on which requests we'd like them to prioritize. Last year, they updated to a mobile web-based platform that can be accessed across all devices. They also offer communication services such as mass texting (for an additional fee). A definite pro is that this one system manages everything from tuition payment, grant services, grading, lesson planning, reporting and communication!

Cons

At times, FACTS can be click-intensive, requiring multiple steps to get something done. The standards-based grading portion is not yet fully developed to allow for true standards based grading and reporting. For example, there is no way to record/notify parents of missing assignments when using standards based grading in FACTS.

Integrates well with FACTS/Renweb Software

The best part about this tool is the justification it gives us to parents about why we award what we do. It is a low cost to the parents and gives them peace of mind their sensitive information will be secure. If you are currently using paper forms, I would highly recommend switching to FACTS Grant & Aid!

Pros

This is an all-in-one Grant & Aid tool. It allows families an unbiased 3rd party review software, allows administrators on the review team to see the overall picture compared to the aid budget, then posts the award directly to the student's account. They are also backed up by the excellent customer service provided by FACTS management. We have never had an issue with FACTS management go unresolved for more than 24 hours and 99% of the time they are able to resolve it right there on the phone with you.

Cons

Parts of the software were a little clunky to use. With as busy as we are as a small school, we need software that can be picked up pretty intuitively. There are quite a few steps to learn to just to finalize the award and post it to the account. Just to do this, I watched 3 separate videos. One of them I had to watch several times to make sure I was posting the award correctly. I know proper training is important when working with software, but it took longer to learn this software than we had planned upon.

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Wonderful!

Pros

Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

Cons

It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

Renweb

My experience was not very positive as I had to continually help people try to figure out how to do something. Then they would come up with an update and that would all change.

Pros

I thought the pros of Renweb was that it was a starting point. It had lots of features that you could purchase and lots of options.

Cons

I think the software was not extremely user friendly. It was hard to navigate and they just needed a UX designer to go in and update thing. There were various versions that people were using that made things complicated. Also they make it so you can't pull your data out easily.

Improved Gradebook Software

It's a great product that gets the job done for the classroom.

Pros

The interface of this software has dramatically increased over the past few years. It is easier to located classes, enter grades, and copy-paste material across multiple classes.

Cons

I really wish that FACTS would bring back a much-improved app for a smartphone. It was so convenient to take role by pulling up the app.

Great for Finance Departments!

Overall, would recommend.

Pros

FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out. Once the application was closed, FACTS compiled all the data and made recommendations. It was great.

Cons

A majority of the people who filled out the application (families applying for aid) were able to do so without a problem. There was, however, a portion of people who couldn’t figure it out and had issues. Just be mindful that you may receive phone calls!

Trying to keep up

We were with FACTS for about 9 years. We had frequent complaints about how difficult the interface was for parents and teachers. Parents didn't like that they had to pay for the app. We needed a more economic, user-friendly system, so we switched to something else. In retrospect, you always get what you pay for. It might be good for FACTS to consider rebundling their pricing to reduce the nickel and dime effect.

Pros

FACTS (formerly known as RenWeb) is a robust SMS / SIS software. It has a full spectrum of features and functions that schools need. Their customer service was very accessible/responsive most of the time.

Cons

It's been around a long time, and it seems like they have struggled to keep up/update their platform/interface. It's not very intuitive to use. There are MANY features that you need/want that cost extra, and the nickel and dime effect was significant.

Constantly improving software for schools

We use Renweb throughout our entire school. We use their basic Student Information System as well as their value added Online Application/Online Enrollment. Overall their system helps us accomplish much more than our past paper system, although we have frustrations about the functionality of the features and ease of use from time to time. Fortunately their customer service is too notch and...

Pros

The customer service is the best part of using Renweb. They have a lot of self-help articles and videos. If you are crunched for time or can't find the answer you need just call them and they are more than happy to walk you through the issue! Another great thing is to have everything you need to run a school in one system! That simplifies all of our lives. They've even developed an integration with FACTS to make billing streamlined!

Cons

The fact that Renweb is creating a new online system and going away from their desktop based system will be great once it's finished. Right now it's frustrating to be stuck between the two systems with some important features not functional online yet (I know because I have a mac and can't use the desktop version). Some aspects of Renweb are clunky and not well organized which can be frustrating when you are trying to figure something out and don't have a lot of time.

Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues

I've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it...

Pros

One stop shop for multiple software applications

Cons

Slow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality

Renweb is all you need!

The benefits of this software are too many to list. Renweb has taught me things on the administrative side that I did not even know I needed to learn. My teachers have their classroom information organized and can make their own customized reports if needed which is a huge benefit because not all students are the same.

Pros

Having all the information for our students literally at our fingertips has been a huge advantage in moving into the digital age. We can quickly look up everything we need and it tracks it for all students and families. Having the access to personal information, tracking emails, communications, grade book and calendars all in one spot has been my favorite parts of diving into this software.

Cons

The thing I really hate is when you go to a classroom and it pops up "communication has moved". I did not go there for communication but since it is the first alphabetically on the list, this error pops up every time. I just scroll down and click grade book so it is easy to get out of it. It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying.

a great SIS

We're managing a campus with 700+ students quite easily. Some areas of the software are definitely under utilized, but the training staff is excellent! This is a one-stop shop to manage our student database, gradebooks, and online applications/enrollment.

Pros

This is great for managing our school. We have three "schools" on campus and are able to effectively manage our student information for all three using FACTS SIS. I like most that it's cloud based, so administration can access from anywhere on or away from campus.

Cons

Some of the features don't make sense to the user (such as in the steps to copy a schedule to use for the next school year, you have to "Clear Schedule" which sounds counterintuitive). Customer support can also be hit or miss.

The best thing about RenWeb and FACTS is the customer service.

Our parents do not need to call our office as often, they can go straight to RenWeb and FACTS to see what is going on with their student and their account. It is transparent and user friendly to them.

Pros

Since this software is so comprehensive it is great to be able to call the customer service number any time during the day. The customer service team is courteous, helpful and very knowledgeable. Using this software in addition to FACTS has also allowed us to pass on the same level of customer service to our students and families.

Cons

The transition has been difficult and it would have been helpful to have more integration, import export capability with Excel and have templates provided for this transition.

RenWeb app

I have used RenWeb for several years at my school and I'm really enjoying the new updates. It was a bit clunky before and is now quite smooth and intuitive.

Pros

RenWeb online is fantastic. The way it is graphically organized makes it very simple and intuitive to access grades, report cards, contact parents and staff, see individual student information, Etc. I'm over all very happy with the software.

Cons

The RenWeb Android app really doesn't let you do much. I can access student information and take attendance, but that's pretty much it. It's not organized terribly well and is slow as well. I look forward to an updated version in the future as they have updated their website.

great software, but complex

RenWeb is amazing. There are so many features and abilities that make our school run. We simply don't use everything RenWeb offers, but all of its core modules we use all the time. Its newest web interface is convenient and efficient. They do make continual improvements to the product, which I appreciate. There is a real learning curve associated with starting out implementing RenWeb. Their video training is good, and their customer support is great, but it's still a big undertaking. Teachers have a few key things to do in the system, and most of them will get up to speed quickly. Admisistrators have much more to do, and it just takes time to figure it all out.

Pros

web based, customer support

Cons

quirky (probably like any software)

Once I got the hang of it, Renweb is a great resource for classroom grades

Our entire school's information and grading is found in one system - it is connected and has everything I need for the gradebook aspect.

Pros

I appreciate the functionality of renweb especially with grading. It is easy to align the grading system to the system you want for you classroom. Also, it allows parents to get connected to your student's progress.

Cons

Sometimes, certain features feel like they are 100 clicks away. Especially to send home messages through the program itself. I relied on my regular email far more often. Putting in behavior reports was also not my favorite feature.

Renweb has been a good solution for our school

We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place. This has been invaluable.

Pros

Renweb has an incredible amount of diversity. We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place.

Cons

For all the positives that Renweb provides, it is still not very user-friendly. They also totally botched the unveil of Renweb 1. Users have been in limbo for too long.

Great product. This can track everything we need at school.

We are able to track all our school families, with notes and interactions and even distant family members. It has professionalized our database management efforts at our school.

Pros

I like that flexibility of the database. It tracks families as groups, and as each individual separately. It allows me to "divorce" families and change things however I need.

Cons

Like all advanced systems, it can be cumbersome to drill down to all the levels and use all its capabilities. But whether for simple users or expert ones, it seems to accomplish everything we need at our school.

I have used this software from beginning to now and have learned just about all areas of it.

One central area to keep student information together.

Pros

This software has multiple sections that integrate with each other . This makes troubleshooting easier since you can actual get to the same area different ways. Also, once you get their support team they are awesome when it comes to helping you understand what you need done.

Cons

No area for emailing thread or contacting conversation with a co-workers on family balances. Also call in to many buttons to get software area needed.

RenWeb is, by far, THE BEST and most user friendly software out there for school management!

I have used RenWeb at several different schools I have been a part of and have yet to find it's equal. It is the best experience I have had with ANY school management software. It changed our schools for the better.

Pros

-Easy to learn and navigate -Everything your school needs under one umbrella -Very user friendly -Quality and detail oriented -Simply stated - the best decision you could make for your school

Cons

Customer Service wait times were often a bit long.

Program is Very Good, Customer Service is Excellent

The benefits: Complete from inquiry to admissions to enrollment. Can tailor to suite needs with checklist items, automatic emails etc. Reports are easy to create. Cons: Inquiry reporting is separate from admissions and enrollment reporting. Would be helpful to have one report to show inquiries that moved to admissions that moved to enrolled/finished. The directions on RenWeb University seem...

I love the new update.

I like that I can send email to the whole school or just one grade. Posting announcements are really easy.

Pros

I like the new update and renweb one. The emailing is a lot easier and posting announcements. I am slowly learning how to use it more and more every day.

Cons

I wish there was an app for administrators to be able to post from the phone or ipad. Having to have a desktop everytime is harder to do.

RenWeb

I enjoy using this software, but I would enjoy a short training lesson to learn how to access the website's other features that I am unaware of.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I can easily access students' information when needed. I can also easily access each student's parent contact information which is very helpful.

Cons

I don't have any negative comments for the software.