Google Classroom Logo

Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

Google Classroom Reviews - Page 4

2,758 reviews

DP

David P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Studying effectively

It was one otf the best ways to start my jornwy as an independent learner.

Pros

It is an excelent way to start becoming an independent learner.

Cons

It lacks a lof of interactive fearures wich ends up taking users to other platforms.

DM

Debora M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

The best ally of students and teachers

It has been over 3 years since Google Classroom has become one of my main tools in my work as a teacher. I can quickly and easily post classes, activities and reading materials to all my students. It is a program that has become even more relevant with the popularization of distance learning.

Pros

In a few clicks, it is possible to post recorded lessons, reading materials and homework for all students. The correction of the activities becomes much simpler and faster, allowing me to identify the exercises in which the students had more difficulty or even the students who are performing very differently from most of the room. In every post, students can debate among themselves or write questions that I can answer in real-time since I can choose to receive notifications on my smartphone. Another very useful option is the possibility of sending individual feedbacks to each student, ensuring privacy and better communication.

Cons

Minor bugs can make using Google Classroom less intuitive in some cases. Some activity deadline notifications may not appear on your smartphone, only in your Gmail. Another annoying flaw is that when viewing videos from Google Classroom, the program needs to connect to the Google Drive servers, but often it does not connect on the first attempt and returns to the post page, requiring a second click on the video.

DA

Daniel Anne F.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

User-friendly and an accessible classroom for all, especially in the new normal of learning.

My overall impression of Google Classron is that it is user-friendly. The program is simple to comprehend and manipulate. As a teacher and a student, I benefited from this software. We converse and study my lecturers' lectures as postgraduate students, and we discuss relevant subjects in our field. Furthermore, as a teacher, I provide grades to my students' work and provide feedback to help them better or recognize their work.

Pros

This software is user-friendly in my experience as a teacher and a student, especially while discussing my lectures with my students by sharing my presentation via the share-screen option. You can also send audio and video without using your microphone. Furthermore, this software includes a forum board discussion that can promote fascinating discussions between students, even if just remotely. It also assists me in condensing all of my students' grades because their grades can be quickly gathered.

Cons

Since I've been using this software for about three years, I've come up with several ideas to improve and enhance the quality of education, because kids are easily distracted, especially when they're at home. To round up their classroom experience, I believe other interesting activities should be added to the Google Classroom, not just for learning but also for fun. They should not be stressed when they hear the words "google classroom."

BD

Benedetta D.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

App per l'istruzione e la formazione

La mia esperienza di uso di Classroom è molto soddisfacente: è diventato per me uno strumento didattico perfettamente integrato con la mia metodologia di insegnamento. Mi permette di condividere materiale video, schemi, riassunti, link utili a supporto delle lezioni. Posso fornire ai miei alunni strumenti per lo studio facilitato e per l'approfondimento. é inoltre un valido archivio a cui attingere per il recupero. Con la funzione di programmazione ho la possibilità di controllare la data di pubblicazione del materiale, inoltre, attraverso il semplice uso di una Lim o un Apple TV si può organizzare l'analisi e la visualizzazione dei file pubblicati in classe.

Pros

La possibilità di condividere materiale didattico è davvero utile. Permette di organizzare materiale di recupero, ripasso, approfondimento e di rinforzare i concetti trattati in classe. Utilizzato bene da parte del docente permette di facilitare l'apprendimento per fasce oltre a stimolare le competenze digitali della classe.

Cons

Non ci sono grandi difetti, almeno per quanto riguarda l'uso didattico scolastico.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Arzu Ö.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

LMS that Easily Integrated with Other GSuite Tools

Overall, Google's all products work well with Google's other products. When you integrated the Classroom with Google Forms, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar etc. it's becoming very effective. It's something like there's a Google-based universe and you do anything with the other Google planets ( ı mean tools) in this universe. But if you want to go out of the universe, it is not really easy to stay alive.

Pros

I really like the grading system and content management system, it's very detailed. You can determine all your grading systems on Google Classroom. And I also like the content management features. Its accessibility is really well, you can use it from your browser or you can install the mobile application. Its UI is really user-friendly like the other Google products.

Cons

I do not like the member limitations. For one classroom you have 100 user limit.

Ranti Rolande A.

Research, 51-200 employees

Google Classroom has improved my teaching and learning journey tremendously. It has streamlined the process and allowed me to easily create and manage tasks, notifications, and conversations. On top of that, it has allowed me to provide and receive feedback quickly and use Google Drive to store and share documents with my students. In addition, it gave me the ability to use Google Forms to quickly assess student understanding. It has also allowed me to communicate with my students in an orderly and secure manner.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Google Classroom. Its simple structure makes it easy for teachers to create their virtual classroom and for students to access their assignments. Indeed, teachers can easily create their virtual classroom and students can access their tasks. In addition, I enjoy the ability to post updates, create discussion boards, and share documents with my classmates. With Google Classroom being paired with Google Drive and other Google products, it is easy to work on projects as a team and stay informed. Finally, I appreciate the ability to grade assignments quickly and easily, and the ability to give personalized feedback based on each student's specific needs.

Cons

Despite the fact that Google Classroom is a fantastic tool, I had a hard time figuring out how to add assignments, change due dates, and set grading criteria for each assignment. In addition, it was difficult to keep track of all the classes I was teaching and their respective assignments.

SL

Samantha Louise C.

Google Classroom: The Best LMS for Students

Overall, Google Classroom is the best LMS for students. The software is easy to navigate and access. If I become a teacher, this is my go-to application for course management.

Pros

What I like about Google Classroom the most is the ease of submitting assignments. I also like that I can unsubmit my papers whenever I accidentally submit them. Lastly, I like how I can keep track of my course tasks and submit them on time.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I can only archive my classes if my professor archives them. I hope there's an option for us to archive them on our own because my finished classes pile up on my dashboard. I don't want to unenroll myself either.

AL

Aden L.

Financial Services, self-employed

An awesome option for students!

Overall, I love the experience with Google Classroom. It enhances my ability to learn in and out of class ten-fold. If I were to ever become a teacher, I would definitely use Google Classroom as my way of communicating to my students.

Pros

As a student, I found this software incredibly east to use. I could easily go from classroom page to classroom page and click on each individual classroom and find a plethora of assignments or notes that the teacher would post for me. I love the fact that you can upload files and powerpoints, so you can easily open them up and look over them again if you feel the need to. I also love how easy it is to view already graded assignments, and I also love that you can comment on those graded assignments and converse with the teacher for more tips through these comments. Its incredibly phone-friendly as well, as I mainly use my phone for google classroom and I can easily get to it and navigate through it any time I want.

Cons

I wish there was a way you could notify yourself if something was due through google classroom, as in, the application would ping your phone reminding you to turn in something by a certain time so you would be reminded of it. Its very minor since I can set that reminder elsewhere, but it would be just that much more convenient if this was an available option

Heidi E.

E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 employees

The best classroom course software for K-12

Pros

Google Classroom is easy to use, implement, and offers an ever-improving set of features. Google listens to teacher feedback and constantly provides helpful updates.

Cons

Not all parents and students will take to the use and will have a learning curve, but this is by far the most user-friendly classroom management tool out there

Beatrice K.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

The best platform to manage and facilitate training

Google Classroom offers a convenient way to train my team, share training materials, and assignments to ensure everyone is prepared for an upcoming project. The idea of classroom, lessons, assignments, and a common platform makes everyone take the training seriously, unlike when we used Zoom or shared training files using emails.

Pros

I like that Google classroom has a clean interface that makes it easy to use even for beginners. It has all the features required to facilitate learning, share notes, give assignments, provide feedback, attach important materials and track progress. I use it with my team to facilitate training and ensure everyone understands our future projects beforehand. I also like that the notification system keeps everyone on the same page.

Cons

I sometimes experience problems when uploading documents from my phone. It requires stable internet for effective collaboration and learning. Adding an audio sharing feature would make the platform even better. I also wish there was a way to monitor and confirm that the team members are reading the relevant materials.

Nyeal B.

Education Management, self-employed

Best School Related Software

The benefits from Google Classroom are overwhelming. The ability to communicate with some many people creates a great environment for a way more productive use of my time. Along with the ability to utilize the entire G suite.

Pros

The most enjoyable thing about google classroom is how the software interacts with the rest of the Google for Educations suite. It integrates amazingly with Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, and slides. It also allows me to organize my classes the way I want to. Without Google Classroom, I would be so disorganized, and I love the fact that my professors are able to send emails directly through google classroom to my Gmail. Also, the ability to turn of notifications for certain classes is also beneficial.

Cons

Even though I love the software, there are a few things I could see it improve on. One of the issues I have with Google Classroom is the inability to personally rename my classes in Google Classroom. All of my professors have seperate ways to name their classes, and I would love to have a way to rename them to fit my organization style. Something else that I would love to see with google classroom would be the ability to add private comments to teachers on non-assignment posts. The only option available would be to post to the entire class in a public comment.

AC

Andrea C.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

A Great Tool

Overall, I would recommend Google Classroom to anyone. I have found it to be an excellent platform to use as a Teacher.

Pros

Google Classroom has been a fantastic platform. I was forced to use an online platform to teach to due COVID 19. I was hesitant at first but I absolutely love Google Classroom. It is very user friendly and everything is paperless. I can quickly comment on students' work and they can work at their own pace. The grading system is easy to use. Our school uses the platform with Sycamore School Online Management System, and every has been working out well.

Cons

I have not seen any features which could be improved that would directly apply to Google Classroom. Unfortunately, students' handwriting skills appear to have declined a bit as they are using the computers more often now rather than writing. But overall, Google Classroom has been great.

FN

Fiona N.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Throughout the pandemic GC hasbeen an invaluable tool

Great tool to have along with others in an academic setting.

Pros

Google classroom (GC is easy for new and veteran users to access all its features quickly. GCprovided a simple and easy transition for teachers and students to online learning. As users of Google classroom prior to school shutdown we were able to transition to online learning with Google classroom within 24 hours of learning we were going digital for an unknown period of time.

Cons

It is difficult to have issues addressed directly, especially outside of the USA. There are several critical improvements that could be made to make GC even more useful to schools and post secondary institutions

Maaz K.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Google Classroom.. Your virtual Classroom.

Google Classroom is a good virtual conferencing tool to connect teachers and students as has proves to be very useful in present days.

Pros

Google Classroom is an audiovisual conferencing platform designed specifically for online education. It has a simple and pleasent user interface which can be easily customized. It helps connect teachers and students to conduct classes virtually. Teachers can assign tasks and homeworks to students through it. You can easily organize discussion threads in it. As it is pre-integrated with Google Drive and Docs, you can easily access files present there. Also it is available to both computer and smartphones systems.

Cons

It requires adult guidance for young students to operate it due to certain level of learning curve. Also its mobile version lacks some of the functionalities that are offered in the computer version, which at times is annoying.

Google Classroom: In student's perspective

Google Classroom is indeed one of the best learning management systems out there. It allows students and teachers to interact with each other, post assignments, updates, notifications, and grading in the most convenient way. Google Classroom is such a lifesaver.

Pros

I like this software because it allows me to turn in and unsubmit my files whenever I want. I can edit my documents when I need sudden revisions. I can also chat with my professors privately in each assignment post. Not to mention the notifications sent to my emails whenever there are new updates.

Cons

What I like the least about Google Classroom is that students and teachers can only sign up when the school applies for Google Workspace for Education. If not, it won't work.

PS

Philip S.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

The modern online classes main platform!

Overall Google Classroom is the most complete and reliable platform for online classes and learning in general! A lifesaver if you need to give remote classes!

Pros

As a guitar teacher, since the beginning of the 2020 pandemic, I've been forced to transfer my in-person guitar lessons to the online method and I felt a bit lost in the beginning since I don't have a simple, fast, and reliable tool for the job. That was when a student of mine told me about Google Classroom, it was a game-changer and it became my main platform for online lessons! The ease of sharing files and media is the major advantage of Google Classroom. Also, the reliability of the connection in terms of audio/video is amazing! Everything I need to communicate and share with my students.

Cons

Google Classroom has so many features and it's so complete that can be a little challenging at first. I remember that I lost a few minutes trying to find the feature to share my screen when first using the platform. Also, the chat feature is a little poor and could have a few more features, like the ability to customize the background layout of the chat.

Heyohaan D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

One of the best ways to learn online for students using the technology.

It is a very helpful platform that has helped a lot of people, institutions, teachers and students, and is another prove that the online communication and online learning is unavoidable and necessary.

Pros

One of the tings that I like the most is that is free to use, and is very easy to use too, is easy to understand the platform and many people can learn a lot using this platform.

Cons

Google classroom don´t have a way to communicate immediately online, because it has not integrated google hangouts, so in that way the online direct interaction is a little bit affected, and we need to use another platforms to have a complete online communication.

RC

Rebecca C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The BEST way to structure and manage a classroom or group of people.

Overall, my experience has been very positive. It allows me and my students to stay organized. It holds students accountable for knowing what is expected of them and following up if they are absent. It also helps me stay organized as a leader with other teachers. It keeps all of our resources/activities organized nicely and we can access it anywhere anytime.

Pros

I love love love Google Classroom! I have used this as a teacher with students, as a teacher with other teachers, and as an administrator with my teachers. As a teacher, I love using Google Classroom to organize our daily activities and resources. It allows me to link in projects, questions, assignments, etc in one place. I also love how interactive it is that students can post questions or I can ask...

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for Google Classroom. Anytime there are updates for this software, they are always meaningful and improve using the software.

NT

Nishi T.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Love, love Google classroom!!

Overall, I still like it and will continue to use it regularly. I can send posts, classwork and view others work. It helps me in my job. Although, other programs have been popping up, I think Google classroom is complete in every way and would highly recommend it.

Pros

The first time I had to create my account it was very easy to start something new. I could easily navigate through it. I love how the website and the app displays the same way. I also like how I can re-use my classwork, post messages, receive messages and all my documents are saved in my drive. It is great that when there is a message is in my Google classroom, I get the email notification as well as I can see the full message.

Cons

I do not like how the messages sent are not private. So, if a message is sent to me it can be seen by everyone in the class. I also feel sometimes it is very slow to receive a post or message. A classwork I posted was not even received at the other end even though it showed that it was sent from my end. Recently, the site crashed for a full day. This was inconvenient for those of us who use everyday. I have joined other classes too but I do not like how all their class documents posted by them pile up in my Google drive and I have to manually delete each one.

JS

Jeremy S.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom is Great!

Google classroom is amazing as a tool in any teacher's toolbox. It makes using technology a benefit in the classroom, rather than a nuisance as some older teachers fear. We did not have google classroom when I went through k-12, we did have computers, but not personal laptops, and let me tell you school would have been a lot easier and more straight forward had we had it back in my day! Not to mention that it is also a great place for non-schools to use. I have used it with a few volunteer organizations as a place to organize our information in one nice location and coordinate through. It is very useful in multiple settings!

Pros

As described in a bit more detail previously in my review, I absolutely love using google classroom as a one stop shop for my classroom materials. Everything from resources, quizzes, projects, reading, homework, etc. all in one place was very easy to setup and easy to point students to if they had a question of where something was.

Cons

This may sound strange, but I actually don't have any cons for the software. I absolutely loved it and thought it did exactly what it needed to. It worked really well in my classrooms and I saw noticeable differences in classrooms that used google classroom and those that did not. Those that did were a lot more organized overall and students always knew where things would be.

FC

Francesco C.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Meeting gratis per tutti

Il software è stato fondamentale per continuare le lezioni scolastiche in un periodo in cui non era permesso farlo in presenza. Dopo i primi problemi legati al grande afflusso, l'azienda ha sistemato i bug presenti e si è potuto utilizzare a pieno l'applicazione senza particolari ostacoli. Giudizio molto positivo in definitiva.

Pros

Google Classroom è una piattaforma che mette in contatto le persone creando classi virtuali. Tale software è stato il più utilizzato durante la pandemia per consentire agli studenti di seguire le lezioni dei docenti. Colpisce la semplicità d'utilizzo, accedendo anche senza registrazione con un codice di invito generato dall'organizzatore dell'aula virtuale. Vi è la possibilità di attivare/disattivare microfono e telecamera ma soprattutto condividere sullo schermo una lavagna virtuale dove poter scrivere e prendere appunti.

Cons

Durante i primi utilizzi l'azienda non era pronta a tutto l'afflusso di persone connesse. Infatti il software andava in crash quando si superavano un certo numero di persone dentro la stessa aula. Un grande difetto è quello di non poter registrare e salvare l'intero meeting, cosa che qualche software concorrente permette di fare.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Mayra M.

Biotechnology, self-employed

Integration and Accessibility

I performed severa subjects during college, even before the pandemic of covid-19, in which I loved the platform for integrating gmail, as soon as the teacher added some subjects, or the notice the delivery of activities received notifications which made a faster way to be inside everything that occurred in the discipline. And during the pandemic I used more resources, such as recording audio, watching remote classes all with a high quality which did not affect my learning

Pros

The platform has a very didactic interface, simple and easy, in which there are several possibilities of integration between teachers and students, essential for the moment we live, the pandemic of covid-19.in which most classes are administered remotely and nothing better than to use an organized platform and easily accessible for students of all ages. Very affordable having a high quality to use on mobile because today as the belt we managed to answer from the questionnaires during a break and away from home , in addition it is amazing the integration with all gmail platforms what as soon as something is added Google Classroom we receive notifications

Cons

I have not seen resources that could be improved, it is a platform that meets with excellence integration between teachers and students

JM

Josh M.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Clean Method of Managing Classwork

I am a huge fan of Google Classroom and have been using it every day for years. It allows me to keep all my work organized and in one spot, but also permits my students to always be "in the know" of what is happening, what materials they need, and when items are due.

Pros

Google Classroom is a simple, user-friendly approach to classwork management. From the ability to post daily stream content to copy-read assignments, Classroom makes distribution and collection of work a snap. Scheduling posts and materials, organizing work by topics, grading assignments, and student interaction are all incredibly simple and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are very few cons to Google Classroom. Rearranging materials on the Classwork tab can be cumbersome and clunky, particularly on a touch screen, as materials can be too easily dragged and dropped around. I enjoy the product overall, but there is a really nice "random student" selector that is only available on the app and not the browser version, which would be a nice inclusion.

AD

Andrew D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

First Place I tell students to go.

Overall I really enjoy using Google Classroom. Rather than having to maintain a website where students from a variety of class go to then have to navigate their way to info I want them to have, with Google Classroom everything is tailored to the class students are enrolled in and I don't have to worry about turning on and off the visibility of items each marking period.

Pros

Google Classroom has replaced my teacher website, my homework help page, and even the "what did I miss" file folder in my classroom. I can get any information to students I need to via the stream, all classwork is published in that section, so they have access to and they know to look there if they missed days to find any work. Its integration with Google Meets means even if a student is absent they have an easy way to participate virtually.

Cons

There are still some bugs with the SIS Export in the Gradebook, but they are getting better each year. Currently scores export, but aren't categorized correctly which is a small annoyance, but an easy fix.

Suyogya G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Review of Google Classroom as a University Student

Overall, it's an amazing product and I highly recommend every educational institution to use Google Classroom for their virtual classes. I hope they add the direct chat feature so you can discuss important things with your teachers and classmates.

Pros

I have been using Google Classroom I started my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. It has got everything a physical classroom has. The thing I liked the most about Google Classroom is it's ease of use. We can join different groups for different modules/subjects. The announcements and file sharing is also a very useful feature. I love how we can browse through the course contents with a lot of context and information. Also, the ability to quickly join a module's google meet session without having to find the link for it is also super useful.

Cons

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that there was no chat with classmate or teacher option available. We have to contact them through their provided emails which can be very annoying.