Google Classroom Logo

Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

Google Classroom Reviews - Page 6

2,758 reviews

MM

Marianna M.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Ottimo aiuto

Sono stata molto fortunata a scoprire Classroom e penso sia un valido aiuto per l’organizzazione dei rapporti scuola/studente/famiglie

Pros

Ormai sono anni che lo uso ed è stata una bella scoperta.Permette sia ai genitore che agli alunni di essere sempre aggiornati su lezioni,avvisi,compiti e corsi. Un ottimo sistema

Cons

Non ho riscontrato problemi da segnalare

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

MA

Mayowa A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

A pandemic hero, that continues to be solid.

My overall experience with Google Classroom is good and a very happy user. To me without a doubt they are the best virtual classroom, as their interface is not only flawless and beautiful, their features are creative and easy to use, it connects well to other Google products and finally it lacks cons for the most part.

Pros

I really truly love this software and what Google has done with it. This is easily the best online virtual classroom as it connects to the URL versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more which are Docs, Sheets and Slides. Since those are also owned by Google and most people use the URL Versions now as all you need is a search engine, it connects to Google Classroom with ease and speed. You also have the previous ratings of the features that I rated. Overall solid solid product by Google and

Cons

To be truthfully honest, not much from what I notice is wrong or bad either Google Classroom, but from what I notice in my student perspective I would like to see more permissions and abilities that are given by default and can not be changed by county’s and administration, as I do feel restricted at times.

MC

Mary C.

Classroom

One huge benefit we realized was how easy it was to switch to remote learning when Covid hit because we already had Classroom in use. Students and teachers were able to continue learning by using Classroom to assign and collect work.

Pros

Classroom is very user friendly for teachers and, especially, for students. Its interface allows for students to easily navigate to find existing or new posts. The 'make a copy for each student' option when creating assignments makes it so easy to assign work to students. It allows for students and teacher to stay organized with its automatic file naming, too. The ability to assign work to the whole class or select students also allows for differentiation. Review work that students turn is also very easy for teachers. Its features allow teachers to quickly review, give feedback, grade, and return student work.

Cons

The one aspect that could be improved is the built-in gradebook. Our district uses standards-based grading so the current gradebook feature is not fully compatible. Teachers are able to use, but some converting has to be done to when entering in the district's SIS gradebook.

JK

Julie K.

Google Classroom

Pros

I have been using Google Classroom for years and I can't even imagine teaching without it. The ability for all assignments to be in one place, along with grading and feedback is amazing. I love how I can easily communicate via the Stream with students at any time. I also love having one central location for important resources we use throughout the year. The ability to add topics and assign different activities within those topics is also a great feature. Something else I love about Google Classroom is I can easily copy assignments from previous years and repost or collaborate with colleagues and use each other's assignments.

Cons

I really do love Google Classroom but I would love if it had the ability to alphabetize by last name (as every other school list is) rather than by first name. I also wish it allowed them to be co-teachers that had limited access meaning not be able to delete assignments, posts, etc but could still see all the students' work. I also really wish it let me mark items manually as "missing" instead of automatically (or give me the option).

MR

Marie R.

My Google Classroom Review

I use Google Classroom every day. I use it with my regular classes and also use it for my Creative Writing Club to keep students informed about activities and allow them to share their writing. Parents can also stay updated about their student's assignments through Google Classroom.

Pros

Google Classroom is easy to use. It is easy to assign work to students and grade them right in the app. I can import a rubric for grading, which makes giving students feedback simple and quick. Teachers can share a classroom for collaborating, which makes organizing a department and sharing lessons with other teachers easy. In my first year of teaching, my mentor teacher added me to his Google Classroom as a teacher so I could easily see how and what he posted everyday, and use it in my classes as needed. It made my first year so much better.

Cons

One thing that could be improved in Google Classroom would be allowing for more options when typing in the Stream. It only allows for plain text. I would sometimes like to bullet point directions or add different fonts. There are some workarounds, but you have to figure them out or find a tutorial.

Joanne D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Google Classroom

I use it with my fifth graders to assign any kind of work done online or electronically. They have easily learned to navigate it and I never have to spend extra time teaching them how to use it because it is so simple and consistent. It makes it easier to keep track of things because there are no physical papers being floated around. I can easily use the comment feature to give meaningful feedback which students can view and make changes to their work accordingly. Seamlessly works with the whole Google Suite and is tied to students' Drives which makes keeping things organized easy. I have used Edmodo before and I find Google Classroom to be more desirable by far.

Pros

Very user friendly online classroom management. I use it all the time even though we are learning in person. During times when we have had to pivot to virtual this year, Google Classroom has made it seamless. Easy for online work submission, keeping student work organized, providing meaningful feedback, and more. I love it and wish my previous schools had utilized it.

Cons

There isn't much, but I do have a couple of items I'd like to see. First, I wish that an assignment could include more than one attached item that each student can get their own copy of. There is a workaround, but it can be tricky to get elementary students to all make a copy on their own. Also, once the assignment has been created, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the permissions (for example,...

YC

Yancy C.

Law Practice, self-employed

Excelente medio para compartir información

Excelente medio en el ambito educativo, se facilita tambien para los estudiantes

Pros

Su facil accesibilidad tanto de docentes como de estudiantes, sin limitaciones

Cons

Personalmente considero que no existen desventajas como tal

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

SC

Stevie C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Google classroom is good for virtual learning.

Overal it is an easy program to work with, it just proves some hardships for those with non profit class organizations

Pros

Ability to upload and keep track of students within the classes, ability to use Google meet to enhance and contribute to virtual learning.

Cons

For non profit organizations not being able to stream live Google meets for the students to simply click on the live stream link.

BJ

Brittani J.

Sports, 201-500 employees

Google Classroom - COVID-19

Since having to do all classes online due to the COVID-19 Pandemic I can honestly say that google classroom has saved the day! This has made life so much easier and it is an amazingly wonderful tool for educators and students alike!

Pros

There are so many pros to google classroom. 1. reaching all students in each class, and only having to type out a lesson or reminder one time - and I am able to then share it with every class. 2. Students are able to send a private message, comment or question as well as having and open discussion for all to see. 3. I am able to upload or create an assignment ahead of time and set a time/date for the assignment to be released to the classes. 4. There are options for the software to grade the work for you. 5. If a due date is set it will let me know that work was submitted late.

Cons

I have only had one issue using google classroom, and that was on a survey that I posted for each class to fill out.... I was notified that they completed the assignment or turned it in, but I was never able to see their responses. This definitely could have been user error, but I would have liked to see their work.

Computer Software, self-employed

No other but Google classroom

its minimalist style helps me navigate easily throught user inteface and i can manage more students than i could in person

Pros

User experience made me my life easier, i can share my ideas or meetings and all receive a message instantly

Cons

i would love to track a single student instead all group, and not allow my students to upload activities after expiration date

Shahiryar K.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Google Classroom

Google Classroom unlike other multipurpose conferencing software in the market is dedicated for online education and provide all the necessary tools and functions required to aid it, thus making it a perfect choice for students and teachers.

Pros

Google Classroom is dedicated online conferencing software designed exclusively for conducting and managing online education. Its to the point user interface makes it is very easy to set it up and use it. You can use it from conducting lectures, presentations to sharing study material among the class. It comes with a complete learning management system which means instructor can mark proper attendance and share assignments and quizzes using it and can upload student mark to it. It is easily accessable and works on all device. Another plus point that it have is that it integrates with G suite thus you can use all most al relevant Google products like docs, drive, contacts etc in it.

Cons

Its streaming algorithms need improvement as it requires a good internet connection for smooth audio and video quality, apart from that it do not have any major flaw.

RR

Rober R.

Events Services, 501-1,000 employees

Perfect meetings with effective learning

When there's no other option, with web based getting the hang of during the pandemic, Google Classroom has given us an approach to speak with understudies and appoint/gather understudy work. It is moderately simple to figure out how to utilize offered time to conform to this sort of stage. Nonetheless, there are highlights that it needs - grade move to evaluating programs, simplicity of copying AND planning work simultaneously for quite some time to name a couple.

Pros

Making tasks, taking tests, sharing declarations, connecting with understudies independently, capacity of understudy task records in the connected Google account in all around organized way, sharing of Google structures or connections to assets from outer sources help make teaching understudies extremely productive. Most importantly, it's free!! Furthermore, who won't care for a free utility with such countless helpful provisions

Cons

The rubrics highlight is restricted to a tiny number of understudy scripts/reports per task. Additionally, there ought to be an alternative to share sound also.

PP

Primož P.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Employing Google classroo in an educational environment

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Google Classroom, as it was consistently easy to use and accessible. At all times I felt I had a good overview over the course of many classes. It has certainly helped me in organising my work.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use, for both for educators and students. Its intuitive interface allows for the posting of text, as well as adding additional material form Google Drive or from a file on the user's physical computer. The same applies for submitting assignments. The visual appearance is also highly customisable, with colour coding available to keep things organised and easy to use. With some effort, individual posts can be arranged, making a sort of "textbook feel" to a classroom, enabling effective distance learning.

Cons

Although the software is easy to use, some slight issues remain when setting the grade for an assignment as that can be confusing at times. The software is also difficult to use with out-of-organisation members, as they require more work to get all the features working. Despite this, it is still a great tool.

Md. Abdul H.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

"Teach the Google product suite and stay linked."

I really like to use Google Classroom to get my students information quick.i find it easier than others.Every year it improves. This is my web site, information, evaluations, files, you name it. My students are familiar with everything there.

Pros

Teachers are really interested in the learning process of the student and Google Classroom was a great help.It has been so open and we can really use lots of apps. The development of differentiated instructions for students is highly effective. Different students may delegate various activities to each level of student in a classroom. The teacher creates a "classroom" and shares it via Gmail with everyone in the classroom. Then the students can do the job. The instructor may also compose instructions. Once completed, the teacher can see the job automatically

Cons

What I like less about Google is that occasionally crashes.Often the program has bugs. When students complete work, the notification does not always appear The forum choice does not have enough photos.Very few options exist that use other current Google products for submission of tasks and completed assignments.

hk

hari k.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

A excellent platform for distance learning

Google Classroom makes it easier to stay on top of meeting minutes, quizzes, and other class updates. Additionally, it seamlessly synchronises with the other Google Workspace applications, enhancing productivity and efficiency.

Pros

The Google Classroom application offers all the capabilities needed to run an online learning environment. My college's faculty regularly provides notes, assigns assignments, and administers quizzes, all with a user interface that is clear. The features were great, especially the to-do list, which helps users arrange their tasks effectively.

Cons

Sometimes when we submit a file or document to Google Classroom, it does not upload correctly the first time, therefore we must refresh and reupload it. Additionally, I had trouble distinguishing between the various classes that are available because it becomes confusing rapidly as new items are published.

James C.

Google Classroom for Education

I love this cloud-based paperless option for daily student work. Easy to share, collaborate and manage.

Pros

Google Classroom is by far the best cloud-based delivery system I have ever used. Classroom makes assigning notes, work and quizzes very easy. I particularly enjoy the fact that you can create a Google Form Quiz directly from the Classroom assignment button. Especially impressive is how the self marking features in Google Forms can be directly imported into Google Classroom. All marks are then compiled in a Grade book that can put any markbook to shame. Another feature I like in Classroom is that once you assign work in Classroom it is available immediately in your Classroom folder in your Drive. This means you can see student assignment progress immediately and provide feedback before they turn it in.

Cons

Sometimes I use Classroom on an iPad and the integration on this device doesn't always work smoothly. For example, opening a doc in Classroom will sometimes open in Safari which often won't work as it blocks cookies. It then has to be reopened in Chrome.

DW

David W.

The Bedrock of Online Pedagogy

Overall, I have been enthralled with Google Classroom. I cannot recommend it enough, and I truly believe that every single educator will need to be using this in their classrooms whether they are online or not!

Pros

Google Classroom is incredibly easy to use for both teachers and students. Every year students who are new to the software become familiarized with it in a matter of minutes, and teachers, administrators, and parents are able to successfully navigate the software without issue. My favorite feature of Google Classroom is the ease with which I can share files, have students edit and complete those documents individually, and then grade those documents all in one place.

Cons

The thing that I like least about the Google Classroom software is the way that scheduling assignments works. If I want to post an assignment across multiple classes, I can only post it immediately in the present. I wish there was an option for me to create a document that I want to post across all my classes, and to have the ability to schedule those at different times throughout the day.

MA

Mehessa A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

LMS gratuit

Pour mon projet professionnel en master 2 en ingénierie de formation, j'ai utilisé Google classroom pour mes modules en ligne

Pros

Google classeroom est un LMS entièrement gratuit, qui peut aider les étudiants en technopédagogie à mieux gérer leur projet professionnel. il est très facile d'utilisation avec moins de paramétrage

Cons

les fonctionnalité son limitées, pas de possibilité d'intégrer les QCM et d'autres activités d'autoévaluation

Showing original review in French. See translation

Said S.

Class from your room

With the onset of the pandemic, I needed a platform that would offer me to be able to review and receive tasks from it, so I started with a classroom

Pros

At the beginning, the function that I liked the most is that, being a multigrade teacher, I was able to classify each of my groups by subject, thus having the facility to give grades in a more organized way. At the end of the school year I was very pleased to be able to collect each of the grades in a simple and orderly way to be registered in the system. Reminders and job deadlines are excellent.

Cons

I need more options like being able to average grades directly from the platform, but from there on out it's great

TT

Thomas T.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

A Quick Look at Google Classroom (GC)

Overall, GC serves majority of our educational needs at school with ease. It is not perfect but hope to see evolution in the coming years to make it a better product.

Pros

Since May 2021, all students in my school are given a Chromebook as a Personal Learning Device (PLD). With every student equips with a PLD, we need a virtual platform for both teachers and students to conduct meaningful teaching and learning. After careful evaluation, GC seems to be the natural choice to serve our common purpose. With GC, issuing, monitoring and collecting homework/assignments, lesson...

Cons

GC does not allow annotation to be carried out when using a Window-based device. This hinders the teachers from marking or providing written feedback (annotation) on students' work using a Window-based devices. Such being the case, teachers can only resort to using either a iOS device (such as Apple iPad) or an Android device (such as Samsung Galaxy Tab) instead if annotation on students' work is required.

AF

Anamta F.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, self-employed

Best Virtual Classroom

I learned through google classroom and found it a very good replacement for my physical classroom. I enjoyed it very much and still using it for studying purposes.

Pros

Google Classroom has drastically evolved in covid 19 pandemics when going to institutions was almost impossible, with its devastating features it has won every instructor's heart. Google classroom is linked with gmails so once any of the work, lectures, etc uploads you get a notification, at the same time it provides a properly managed classwork section where lectures of similar topics can be uploaded...

Cons

In google classroom, automated assessments are not possible so if this feature can be enhanced it would be more praise-worthy.

SV

Shyamanand V.

Computer Software, self-employed

Specification of Google Classroom

overall experience is very good it is most trusted virtual classroom platform and their tool are amazing.

Pros

it has best classification according to me and on the comparison with other it is the best software ever got.

Cons

it heavily relies on internet, which can be a problem in some area

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great for Professionals and Their Students!

My overall experience with Google Classroom has been great and compared to many of the other platforms that I have used in the past, I think this one is absolutely amazing. In terms of a clean interface with simplicity in being able to use, nothing beats Google Classroom! Therefore, I would highly reccomend for anyone looking to use this actually give it a try because it can be really convenient and make things easier!

Pros

I think Google Classroom is a great platform and would prefer it to even many of the other paid services that schools often pay for, such as Schoology. What I really like about Google Classroom is the clean interface that makes everything so simple. It's very easy to navigate around the platform and easy to create assignments and see submissions. In addition, I really like the feature of being able to schedule posts, such as announcements and assignments, as this allows for me to get my work done quickly without having to worry about forgetting later.

Cons

What I like the least about Google Classroom is that I have had instances where students submit assignments a little before the deadline but the assignments will still be labeled as late submission, even though that's not the case. This sometimes requires me to look at the date and timestamp myself to have to figure out if the assignment was indeed late or not. Although this does not happen too frequently, I just find it inconvenient when it does happen.

LA

Leslie Anne O.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

The convenience of using Google Classroom

My overall experience in using Google Classroom was satisfying.

Pros

Google Classroom is very convenient to use, this is very ideal for a distant learning. You could still impact the lives of your students through education no matter what the circumstances are. I started using this platform during the pandemic, at first I was hesitant to use this because I don't know how to operate it but you just have to explore and navigate its feature and in no time you'll realize it's very easy to use. You can easily compile and check the works of your students because the files are classified according to student's name. This education platform is very recommendable.

Cons

There's actually nothing I dislike about google classroom because base on my experience it's really good and easy to use.

Government Relations, 201-500 employees

My experience was a good one as it enabled my family member to access all his schoolwork and to upload it without the hassle of an actual classroom

Pros

This product was very easy to use I used it with my family member who is a minor and it was very easy for him to navigate and get his schoolwork done and very easy for me to upload his schoolwork.

Cons

You have to be invited to use the class and sometimes it logs you out automatically during a class or session. This issue should be fixed as you can lose vital sessions in the time that you are logged out