Gradelink Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.08/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It is now seamless and very useful. Our parents are very appreciative of the improved communication we now offer as well as the mobile app that lets them more easily track their child's progress.

RR

Ross R.

It is very user friendly and affordable for small schools. Notable: Teacher Pages which have been very Covid Friendly, great report section and parent friendly app.

LM

Loraine M.

I particularly am grateful for the patience and knowledge of the customer care resps. No matter how simple or trivial my questions or issues may be, they are very gracious and helpful.

PR

Pinky R.

There are no features that are too hard to use. I was not here when this program was integrated.

PC

Patricia C.

Also, the statements for the parents can be confusing.

KS

Kristin S.

Since I'm beginning to learn a little more of the software, I can not make an accurate comment about what I dislike least about the software.

AP

MySchoolWorx

QuickSchools.com-logocaret

QuickSchools.com

Compare both
How would you rate Gradelink?

AK

Aaron K.

Teacher/Tech Coordinator

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive, but complicated

Transcript

Aaron K.: My name is Aaron, and I am a fifth and sixth grade teacher. My rating for a Gradelink is a...

Good Experience today! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great!

Transcript

Paulette C.: Hi, my name is Paulette. I'm a principal at an elementary school. I give Gradelink a four...

Great SIS

WCA uses Gradelink to connect parents with their child's school experience. Being able to see grades, discipline reports, and upcoming events allow families to gain insight into the school.

Pros

Gradelink is a very simple School information System (SIS). As such, the setup time is very fast. The Gradelink support team is very helpful in getting the support that is necessary.

Cons

Because the SIS is a simple, there are not many additional features. The basic features- gradebook, lesson plans, etc. are accessible. However, the more complex features are not available.

We're honored that you chose Gradelink, Aaron! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of your service, so please look at gradelink.com/features to see what's available to you. Your input is valuable to us, so if there are still additional features you'd find useful, please talk with your support rep.

Gradelink for schools

Experience has been good. Customer service is excellent - respond usually in the same day, even when I am on the East Coast and they are at West.

Pros

It is very user friendly and covers everything we need. I like that you can easily correct issues in the finance area. Email and text messages are easy to set up and send out. I still have things to learn about some of the finer points - reports etc.

Cons

Some reports under financials can get quit lenthly. Wish it was on fewer pages etc. especially when running statement by category.

Thank you for sharing how well Gradelink is working for your school, Vickie!

Review of Customer Service and Gradelink

The best thing about Gradelink is [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in customer service. She has single-handedly made learning and operating Gradelink a pleasure despite it's limitations and lack of an updated interface. She has taken the time to listen and advise me on how to get around and work Gradelink. She always answers the phone with a smile and she gets the job done!

Pros

You can fill Gradelink with lots of information.

Cons

The interface is dated. It doesn't time stamp admission which I think is dumb, because you offer that feature in the preschool portion of your application. These are a few things that would make your App my number one choice when it come to my school.

Thank you for sharing how helpful our support has been, Dwayne! (Even if individual names can't be posted here.) We also appreciate your input on what you'd like to see changed because it helps us understand the needs of our schools.

My personal experience regarding the software.

It has been easy to learn and easy to use, regarding the functionality it has available.

Pros

I was able to figure out how to use most of the features by watching the training videos. I utilize the solutions homepage often.

Cons

The ability to pull information out of the database is not as strong as I would like for reporting functions.

We're glad you find Gradelink so easy to use, Sharon! There's no charge for support, so please feel free to contact your friendly support rep and they'll be happy to help you with your reporting needs.

Best in class

Pros

The ease of use for this software is definitely the best available. I have never used a system that works as seamlessly as this one does. I cannot imagine using anything else.

Cons

It was a little difficult to navigate inputting the lesson plans

We work hard to make Gradelink easy to use, so your feedback is much appreciated, Lauren!

Great Product...Great Value

Gradelink makes our job that much easier.

Pros

I chose Gradelink for our school because the basic system had so many components. Other SIS's I researched charged per component. Smartsend Pro makes communication easy. We added the online payment integration for incidentals. Gradelink allows for the flexibility to fit the needs of my school.

Cons

Adding on or starting up a new feature and/or personaliztion of the product can sometimes be time consuming.

Thank you for choosing Gradelink, Nancy! It's rewarding to know that you've found some much value in it.

Great platform for school management, grades etc

Excellent, we were very happy with it

Pros

The software is fully featured, and offers a lot of bells-and-whistles within the basic package (attendance, grades, email messaging, discipline, GPA, reports, report-cards generation, contact info, emergency info, medical records info etc.). For a moderate price, you can add a few more features (e.g. unlimited text messaging, parent/student registration etc). The platform is very intuitive and allows...

Cons

The overall aspect is outdated, the colors are bleak, the whole system looks old school. Also, it behaves weirdly when averaging periods and grades (sometimes), you don't know exactly how it's done.

We've worked hard to make Gradelink as useful as possible, so it's gratifying to see how much your school community is accomplishing with it, Laurentiu! An update of the interface is on our to-do list, so stay tuned. And, if you haven't already, please talk with your support rep about averaging periods and grades so we get that figured out.

GREAT QUALITY at an expensive cost.

My Administration team and teachers are so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to use an all inclusive program finally to help all of our job so much easier.

Pros

EVERYTHING!!! I'm able to retrieve reports at the push of a button.

Cons

So far on the discipline side, I want to be able to determine when my incident types are occurring throughout the day so that I can utilize my intervention team and plan.

We're thrilled Gradelink is working so well for you and your staff, Pat!

Gradelink Makes School Management Easy!

We used to do all our report cards, transcripts, attendance reports, and so much more manually. With Gradelink, we spend more time with the teachers and students and less time with cumbersome paperwork!

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to understand. The times when we needed additional help, customer service was always available and resolved our issues quickly.

Cons

Some of the training videos could be updated.

Thank you for such a glowing review, Debbie! We love hearing you're using Gradelink to run your school more efficiently so you have more time for what matters.

Why I love Gradelink

Keeping data current and accurate in Gradelink helps me run things efficiently. I have had my fair share of questions (due to my own data entry errors)....the staff at Gradelink offers immediate answers to my quations.

Pros

Easy access to student data, quick entry for student attendance, grades and report cards.

Cons

We haven't found anything we would need that isn't provided.

Thank you, Roni! We love that you love Gradelink.

They Don't Stop Trying

Any time you get stuck, help is very near at hand. They have an incredible number of short videos that get right to the point and handle almost any question you have about how to do something. Their tech support is usually very prompt and has been able to help us work through some of the unique situations we've encountered. We're still working at some but are confident something will be worked out.

Pros

The integration into our existing system was painful, mainly because our previous processes were primitive and we had some unique requirements being a religious school that is partly a boarding school and partly a local school and serves both high school and college. Gradelink was not setup for that scenario but worked very hard with us to create work-arounds that, after one year, seem to be working...

Cons

We were told that we would be able to handle both our high school and our college with one "copy" of Gradelink. This has proved problematic, but GL continues to work with us on solving those problems. There are still problems we are having with transcripts and class rank and hope those get solved before the end of the year.

Each school's needs are unique, and while yours have been particularly challenging, we're happy to have the opportunity to serve your school, Ross!

Good but could be Better

I like Gradelink. The customers service team is always Very Helpful. They know what they are doing and they know how to explain things so we can understand. Thank you.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of functions, and it can be used for many things... for teachers, administration, lunch staff... everyone is working form the same place. We only have to have one program and it works.

Cons

There are a lot of functions, and a lot of things can be done with one program. :) This program takes some time to get used to. You have to watch ALL the training videos (the videos are good). But there are little things like having to type in the same contact person over and over for different children. There should be an option to add a new person or add an existing person to a pickup list. Also,...

We're always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback, Missy! The development team is working on automatic updates for the ledger, although we don't have a release date yet. Stay tuned!

Gradelink for Schools is awesome.

Gradelink makes our operation completely automated and allows to admin to access student information efficiently. The less paper in our work environment the better.

Pros

This software allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder. The the software is utilized the easier it becomes to start a new school year because so much info carries over. The information that parents and students have is presented differently because each user has a different goal for using the software. Gradelink makes it easy to integrate all aspects of the education environment into one easy to use vehicle.

Cons

The software does not allow users to edit and input their own personal information. There fore keeping up on ever-changing hone numbers and even teacher info is a challenge. The information from previous years is not as easy to access. It is accessible though.

"...allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder." We love that, Portia! And we agree that using less paper is a good thing. We appreciate your comments because they help us understand our customers' needs.

Answer to a small school's needs

I have been very satisfied with Gradelink, from usability to customer service when there is a question or concern. The staff is always polite and efficient. I would like to see some of the"extras" included in our package, simply from a budgetary perspective. We are a little school, your tuition/fees program looks excellent, I would like to see if it more effective that what we are using now. I highly recommend Gradelink and have spoken to other administrators about our success with the program.

Pros

I needed a program that would be easy to implement, easy to use, and affordable. After reviewing a number of SIS programs, Gradelink met the needs of the school. Having the program for five years I have found new staff members are able to jump in quickly, parents love the ease of communication and availability of attendance, grades, and comments concerning their children. We also use the "news" page to keep parents up to date with reminders and current events. I use the program for snow cancellation and delays, as well as blast informational emails to our community, including alumni.

Cons

There are still a couple of pieces of information that take me time to access, including a quick attendance report on an individual student or a readable transcript that is inclusive of attendance, but a part of that might be my lack of knowledge. Customer service has been excellent in helping us customize report cards, something we could not do independently. Some of the staff is still reluctant to use the planning program to its full capacity, I'm not sure if there is an overarching reason or merely a comfortability learning curve.

We love hearing how well Gradelink fits your needs, Barbara, so thanks for sharing! We're always happy to help and there's no charge for training and support so please contact your support rep for assistance on anything from lesson plans to attendance reports. Or click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink for tons of invaluable information, including articles, screenshots and videos.

Gradelink does what we need!

We've solved communication problems and group texting as well as phone calls with the program. Our overall experience has been positive. Gradelink has been very responsive to any concerns we have had.

Pros

Gradelink has been user friendly and provides us with all that we need to store our student information and communicate with our families at a reasonable price. The customer service has been great. It is easy for us to call and get help if we get confused or don't understand an aspect of the program. We do not need to set aside days to do teacher training. The program is simple enough that brief training sessions and video links are all we need to train new teachers. Ease of enrollment and re-enrollment are nice as well.

Cons

At times, I would like more features, such as digital sign in for our preschool and aftercare. They have a program for that, but it is not what we need, so we will wait patiently for the program to be perfected! :) When parents enroll, we have found that they can skip certain answers by just putting in a space or a letter, for example. We would like for that feature to some how be fixed.

Thank you for a great review, Debbie! We always appreciate feedback from our schools to let us know what's working well and what could use improvement.

I love Gradelink!

We have found Gradelink to be superior to other SIS programs we've used in the past. The cost is more practical and there are very few glitches. It works well across PC and Mac platforms.

Pros

I love the ease of use, functionality, and cost of this software. However the part I like MOST is the customer service. Whenever we have a question or issue, Gradelink customer service/technical support representatives are helpful and friendly.

Cons

The only part of Gradelink that I don't love is the lesson planning feature. It is sufficient, and I could easily get by using that module. However, I prefer the flexibility of another lesson planning product.

You made the support team's day, Aimee! We're always looking for ways to improve Gradelink, so please send a note to service@gradelink.com to let us know what changes you'd like to see in lesson plans.

Gradelink is an intuitive SIS with great support.

Our experience with Gradelink has been stellar! We were briefly forced to migrate to another SIS because of mandates from our district. But there was such a hue and cry from faculty, parents, and students, that at the end of one term we were allowed to return to Gradelink. For our size of school, Gradelink seems a perfect fit!

Pros

Some of the best endorsements of Gradelink are from our teachers and parents. Teachers who aren't particularly comfortable with technology say this is the most user-friendly SIS they have ever encountered. Those who are comfortable with technology find the system easy to learn and use effectively. I like that Gradelink just seems so intuitive. It behaves like it was designed from the school's...

Cons

We've all gotten used to Microsoft and Google email products, and email from the Gradelink platform doesn't have all the features users find in dedicated email systems. For grades, it is live right away--there isn't a way to post grades, but not publish them until a later time. That might be desirable in some isolated cases, so much of a drawback all things considered.

Wow, thank you for such a well-thought-out review, Eileen! We appreciate your suggestions for ways to make improvements. We're so glad you came back and we look forward to many more years of working with your school community.

I am very happy with gradelink software. It made my life easy as an administrator.

Most of all, the biggest benefit is that it saves our time in the office. We do not have information everywhere. All information is located in the software.

Pros

Every information we need is stored in G.Link. All lesson plans and standards are together. Standards carry a lot of information for teachers. Grades are easily entered and are not lost. Parents communication has gotten better this year because of G.Link. Every teacher has a web page that she/he can design. Administrators can publish their announcement daily, weekly and monthly. We like the...

Cons

One thing does bother me. We want to send information to parents such as pictures, newsletters and so on. We can not send 2 at the time or more than one. We have to wait a certain time in order to send another info. This does work for us as we have to send timely information. Something that we have to send today, we can wait until next week to send. It is time sensitive.

It's wonderful that Furqaan Academy is making good use of so many of Gradelink's features, Haiat! We're always happy to help, so, if you haven't already, please contact your service representative about sending multiple messages to your students' parents.

I enjoy using this comprehensive, well organized software.

Not only has this software streamlined our grading and transcripting process, but it allows us to keep parents informed of students' academic progress, as well as school events in an easy and seamless fashion.

Pros

I do enjoy this software immensely! It has a lot of great features, which meld together seamlessly. I have used this software both as a guidance counselor with full admin privileges, and as a teacher. It is easily accessible to parents, and allows teachers to keep parents informed on a daily basis. The platform appears to be solid, and I don't have random "grade changes" while I'm not looking! I've listed four small issues below. When these are fixed, it will be fairly close to perfect, and I will be able to give it five stars all around. As with any multiple-feature computer program, there is a learning curve. Customer support is always there and willing to talk to us.

Cons

1. We cannot set up grading differently for middle school and high school. (We would like 25% per quarter, 10% exam for middle school, 40/40/20 for high school.) 2. We cannot easily select out parent vs. student e-mail in the Communicate section. 3. I would like to ability to write a comment on a transcript that is neither a test nor an award. 4. I would like to have the ability to print out a grade level of transcript. Specifying graduation year rather than grade level would be fine.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a well-thought-out review, Karen! We go to great lengths to make Gradelink an all-in-one solution for schools and their students, while still keeping it easy to use. We'll get in touch with you to talk about possible solutions to the issues you listed. We'll see what we can do to earn those five stars!

Reassuring Me While Encouraging Me to Learn and Become Better at Problem Solving

I was working on creating and populating classes for exams for our seventh and eighth graders. Somehow without realizing it, I created an extra seventh-grade language arts class for quarter one. As I was double checking to make sure I had everything set up correctly, I noticed a seventh-grade language arts class with zero students. I did NOT notice that this was an extra class. I thought that somehow...

Pros

Once you learn it; it is easy to remember how to apply skills and teach others.

Cons

There are times when I would like to export information to create mailing labels or rosters for testing and to my knowledge, I am not able to do this with Gradelink.

Thank you for the epic review, Tina! Mike and the rest of the team are happy to help in any way we can. As for exporting info, please contact support and we'll see what we can do.

Gradelink Integration

We’ve enjoyed working with gradelink. There grading, report cards, attendance, student database, transcripts, etc. are fantastic and easy to use. Love having this system!

Pros

I love the customer support and how easy it is for me to get an answer for what I’m looking for. Never have I worked with better customer support!

Cons

I’m not a fan of the lesson plans. They are designed to mirror Planbook, but the features just aren’t there to facilitate it. We ended up switching back to planbook this year. It’s slightly aggravating because gradelink is an all in one system.

Thank you, Stephanie, you made the support team's day! We also appreciate your feedback on lesson plans because it helps us better understand what schools need.

Gradelink is great!

Very helpful and friendly. They have a good help section and customer service answers right away . Good product!

Pros

This software helps us organize our student and parent population. We keep track of attendance and grading which allows us to print out report cards and keep grading information on gradelink.com. We can keep track of student alumni so we can keep in touch. We also are able to use the system to keep in touch with potential families who are looking for quality education. Customer service is fabulous! Every time I call with a question they help me in a friendly manner and solve my problem. We use the system keep track of hours at the Preschool and aftercare and thus are able to quickly see who may owe for such services.

Cons

They are still developing some aspects so sometimes a feature is not yet available. Such as last year we were looking at the sign in/out feature but it was not ready. This year we are using it!

Thank you for sharing so many ways you are using Gradelink, Nancy! And you're right our development team is continually working on creating new features and updating existing ones in order to offer the most complete system possible.

School Management Software

We love this software. It is easy for all users to operate.

Pros

Gradelink offers schools a complete school and student management system that can be easily custom designed.

Cons

The only concern is that we are on the East Coast and customer service is on the West Coast.

We that you love it, Wendell! Even when we're not in the office, help is always available by clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen when you're logged in. You'll find all kinds of articles, screenshots and videos on everything from training to report cards to admissions and more.

Great Customer Service--Gradelink SIS

I have used this product for over 5 years now, and I recently had my first need arise to speak to someone, again after more than 5 years!! The program is sound and there is very little need for service. However, this past week, I had to contact customer service. I heard from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] very quickly, and we were able to email back and forth a few times until I had my answer. He was very patient, attentive, and knowledgeable! Gradelink also has a wonderful online library that is easily accessible via their search engine. It answers most any question you could have!

Pros

Gradelink is user-friendly! I can sit with a new teacher for less than an hour and have him or her fully functioning. Also, the support library of articles is extensive and covers many issues that may come up. I have gone there countless times and find exactly what I need.

Cons

I have not experienced any serious problems with this software. It does exactly what you tell it to do! The only category that I would like to see open up for customization by the user a little more would be the transcripts. There are categories that can be completed for awards and the degree obtained; however, there are other notable items to list on the transcript such as community service hour requirements and things that don't fit in the pre-made categories list. It would be nice to have a place to make additional notations on the transcripts.

Thank you, Angela! Our development team strives to make Gradelink intuitive to use and our support team does their best to take care of our schools, so your review warms our hearts.

Gradelink makes school admin life easier

I really do love working with Gradelink and if I ever have a question, I rarely wait online long for assistance. I always get help, and the call center is very friendly.

Pros

Love that we can mass email, individuals or whole grades. Gradelink is user friendly, everything is in one place. There are a lot of tools that parents can use to access grades, assignments, teacher's pages, and now we've set it up for discipline. (instead of using a separate program) Parents also have input on community service hours, we can add ACT/SAT scores to transcripts, too.

Cons

That the "Not Re-enrolled" button doesn't work. It just gives all students, instead of the ones not re-enrolled. Teachers not having the ability to send a text for their classes. - So, they have to use "Remind"

It's rewarding to hear how much your school community is doing with Gradelink, Janet! Please contact your support rep for help with the "not re-enrolled" button and we'll be happy to see if we can get that resolved. Unfortunately, at this time, admins are the only ones who can send text messages