Gradelink Reviews - Page 2

School Parent Communication Tool

Staying connected with parents. Easy communication tool.

Pros

Ease of use. Low cost. Great customer service.

Cons

It's very basic. Not very fancy with the graphics or reporting features.

We're glad you find Gradelink easy to use, Samantha! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of Gradelink, so please talk with your support rep about reports or other features you'd like to know more about. Plus, clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink will take you to the help site with tons of useful articles and videos.

Gradelink Review

Overall, our experience with Gradelink has been wonderful! The customer service personnel are very, very helpful, especially to those of us who need technical guidance.

Pros

Gradelink has made it much easier for our staff and parents to keep track of our students' progress academically. I appreciate that I receive a copy of every initial email that goes out so that I am better aware of any potential issues. Grading parameters are easy to set up. We create individual schedules for our students as well.

Cons

What can be a bit time consuming is posting daily assignments. We also have to go into every individual account to click on the indicator for our parents to receive low grade alerts. As it is now, we would have to assume that parents would choose that option. Since we want to make sure our parents are notified whenever a student has a low grade, we must go into every student's account and click on that notifier. It would be great if Admins could do that with one click for the student body. We also use Gradelink for our billing. While paying is relatively simple for our parents, understanding the balance sheet is not. Also, for some reason, even when a parent has paid a balance in full, it will still "look" like they have a balance.

Good news, Sandra: the new Default Grade Alerts setting will make things easier for you! To learn how to use it, just click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen or contact your support rep and they'll be happy to walk you through it.

Great Value

So far this has been the easiest program to use out of all the others we have tried over the years and by far the most budget friendly!

Pros

I like how customizable this program is. We are a tiny school that is self-paced and year-round. It seemed like we could not find a product that checked all of our boxes.

Cons

I wish that users could have multiple roles. I have a teacher who is also an administrator. We had to create two accounts for him.

We are honored that you chose Gradelink as your SIS, Samantha! We look forward to working with you for years to come.

User friendly Student Management Software

Overall Gradelink helps us stay on top of our growing student body giving us a central place accessible by everybody with current information. In addition, it helps us provide better communication with our school parents.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use. The user interface is very easy to get staff to buy into using. We had tried a different product first and it was just too much for my users. I am very happy with the reliability of Gradelink. We have been using it for a number of years and Gradelink has been down less than 5 times. Ever. Wish I could say the same about our internal network! I am very pleased with support. Everybody is friendly and responsive. Problems large and small have been handled as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Cons

The stuff that is missing like: historical student census data -- how many in each class last year, 3 years ago? how many re-enrolled this year compared to last three years? etc. seating chart with pictures report different attendance reports (monthly for National School Lunch) more financial report options ability to enter the school calendar and have attendance automatically marked NS for those days. Little stuff that annoys but doesn't really prevent me from accomplishing what I need to.

Feedback from our schools is an important part of our development of new features and updating existing ones, so appreciate your input, Becky!

Gradelink Website Development

We have worked with the staff at Gradelink for almost 5 years. The customer support is responsive and always willing to help when a challenge presents itself. Choosing them to be our SIS was one of the best business decisions we made, and entrusting their website team to streamline our site was the icing on the cake. Highly recommend!

Pros

Professional and Intuitive - Our website is easy for our families to navigate and the final design reflects the personal and intimate feel that defines us as a small private school located in Washington State. When we were in the planning process with Gradelink's Education Consultant and Website Specialist, did an amazing job configuring the online tools that would save us time and money and then...

Cons

I would love to be able to sort the Family Directory by Teacher! ;)

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, Heather! It's rewarding to learn that your new website is working so well for you.

Using Gradelink

My overall experience has been great, except for their support network. When I get certain people, my help is AMAZING and fast. Recently, I either get no response from Gradelink or, when I do get a response, they don't seem to understand how to fix my problem. It is 50/50 at this point. If Gradelink would have better call support, I would be the happiest customer they have. Gradelink really does a great job.

Pros

I love a majority of everything that Gradelink has to offer. Too many wonderful things to mention.

Cons

Little things like the fact that we are unable to put the student's address on report cards, etc. A lot of little things like that. Those little things seem like they should already be options for the database, but they are not. These little things do not really disappoint me enough to not love Gradelink.

We appreciate your feedback, Nicole. We're thrilled that most of your experience with Gradelink has been great yet we're sorry you've been frustrated while trying to get the help you need. We want you to be the happiest customer ever, so your support rep will be reaching out to you to assist you in any way we can.

Easy to use & Excellent support

Overall Gradelink has been extremely reliable and stable for us over the years with outstanding customer support. I highly recommend it for small to medium sized schools.

Pros

Gradelink made the transition from a paper & spreadsheet system to an online multi-user student information system extremely easy. Everyone we worked with made implementation and training super smooth. In the years since, we have continued to receive excellent customer care and support when needed. Also, as a Wisconsin Choice school, I love the WISEdata implementation.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the way it handles student contacts: you must enter all contacts for each student. There is no way to build a file of contacts and link them to appropriate students. So a family of three students with four emergency contacts means I am keying in the same four e.c. people three times. It is not a deal breaker, but the bigger our school gets, the more annoying it becomes.

Thank you for letting us know what you like and what you'd like to see added, Becky! Feedback like yours helps us better understand our schools' needs.

A Wonderful Product

My overall experience with Gradelink SIS has been outstanding. The product is well-designed and relatively easy to use, providing that the user(s) have some degree of technical facility. I also believe that the product, in the scheme of today's electronic grading data systems, is a bargain for the quality of the program design and what the program offers to users.

Pros

Gradelink provides me the opportunity to manage the daily data of the school program which I supervise. Everything that I need to do in my position, including attendance, grades, class listings, and report cards, is provided within the realm of this program.

Cons

I wish that Gradelink provided 24/7 support services. As I am located on the East Coast and Gradelink is located on the West Coast, there is a 3 hour time difference between my location and Gradelink's offices. Gradelink does offer customer support each morning beginning at 6:30 AM Pacific time. However, that means that I have to wait until 9:30 AM EDT until I can call for support. Many times, I cannot get an answer, which means that I have to leave a message with the hope of a return call. I think, then, that the one area that Gradelink needs to work on is the providing better technical support.

It's rewarding to hear that your experience with Gradelink has been so good, Jay! We understand the time difference can be frustrating. Help is always available on the support website. Just click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink to search a wealth of information on everything from attendance to lesson plans to transcripts.

Top Notch

wonderful! Great product & top notch support. I know there's other systems out there but I wouldn't change because of the wonderful support! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & everyone else SHCS Loves you!

Pros

Gradelink is extremely user friendly & intuitive. When I have had a concern or problem Gradelink's support always goes above & beyond to resolve the issue. Today I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about reformatting our report cards, he was absolutely wonderful! He gave me some great tips & insight. I greatly appreciate the time he took to format a few different report card types & a few other changes while on the phone.

Cons

I would like to see some changes to the billing tab. . . .It could also be because I do not have an accounting background. The ledgers are really hard to read from an administrators side, the running balance in particular. Also, the statements for the parents can be confusing. We use Quickbooks for accounting & have been sending parents statements from there, as they are much easier for our parents to read. It would also be nice to be able to have parent information available when you click on the student demographics in the Financial tab.

Thank you for sharing what you like and what you'd like changed, Kristin! Feedback from our schools lets us know how we can better address your needs.

Great service

Awesome

Pros

Easy to use was important for us. Also we want to access this info from home.

Cons

Free text services are important and will add value.

Thank you, Mario! Like you, many of our schools are enjoying the ability to work from home now more than ever. We wish we could offer text messaging for free but there are additional costs on our end.

Does Some Things Really Well

Overall I like GL. Customer Service is very responsive.

Pros

It's very easy to get information from GL into Excel where it can be manipulated. GL accepts a lot of information, and it's easy to update.

Cons

Navigation is really not intuitive. Information is compartmentalized and difficult to access. To change a student's attendance, instead of just looking up the student, I have to go look up the student's homeroom, then go to Attendance and find that homeroom, and change it there. I can't look at all of a student's attendance in Student module--I have to go to Administrator Reports, and do Custom Attendance. Teachers cannot see a lot of the information on a student for no reason that I've been able to discern.

Thank you for your feedback, Kathleen! We value input from our schools because it helps us with our continual product development and we're always looking for ways to make Gradelink even easier to use.

Great overall functionality and ease of use

Gradelink, as a system, meets all of the needs of our institution. It is highly customizable and adaptable. the Mandarin language supports helps our international families as well.

Pros

Gradelink is easy to pick up and use on day one. Help and tutorials are available within the program and the support team proactively sends emails telling us how and where to find more help if we need it.

Cons

It's not 'pretty'. But this is not a feature I was shopping for.

We're honored that you chose Gradelink, Justin! We promise to keep working hard to keep you happy.

Great Customer Care

Overall I have had a great experience!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to contact customer care and actually be able to speak to a human!

Cons

There are features that Gradelink does not provide that other SISs do.

We love that you've had a great experience with Gradelink, Ani! Please let us know what features you'd find useful because we're always looking for ways to make life easier for our schools.

LOVE Gradelink

When I first started with this program 3 years ago from the first consultation until now every treats you with such kindness. I have had to ask questions and no one acts like I should know. They are always trying to make things better. Improving their program constantly, but never overwhelming. This is so easy to setup. Even if you struggle they are there immediately to help. I never have to wait. Thankful for Gradrlink. They have made our SIS program a breeze.

Pros

The ease of getting anywhere. It always makes sense. The tabs are very user friendly. Love the news page! Tons of help videos if needed. I feel the cost is more than reasonable. I had researched a while before I found them. The cost anywhere else was too much for a small private school. Gradelink was so helpful even in the financial as I was trying to convince my superiors that this what we needed to do. Now they have an app for our families and students!!!! LOVE. Excited to share.

Cons

I can't say I have any. I love the app. Hoping the calendar can go on there as well. :-)

Wow, thanks a million for such an encouraging review, Misty! We work hard to keep our schools happy, so it's rewarding to hear how well Gradelink is working for Seymour Christian Academy. And we're glad you love the app; we have some more good stuff coming, so stay tuned!

Grace Lutheran Lancaster Gradelink

Wonderful. I'm so glad we're back.

Pros

We used Gradelink as our first online grading program 12 years ago as our first online grade program. The parents LOVED it, but I thought maybe it was because it was a new way for parents to see feedback about their kid's grades. Then we switched to Renweb and then to Sycamore because we got new principals. I hated them. Too complicated and most parents did not ever use it. I assumed it was because it was no longer a new thing. But when we switched back this year, parents INSTANTLY started checking grades more. Parents really like the emails. I like how simple it is as a teacher. Very few clicks. Easy class set up. I like how easy it is to conclude classes. I like that I can click on a student's name and see their current grades.

Cons

There are a few things I wish: print off ALL my students' missing assignments in a report--not just missing from the classes they have with me I wish there was a teacher app--especially for attendance

We're glad you're back too, Priscilla! It's rewarding to hear how much you prefer Gradelink over the other systems your school has used.

Time Saver

Being able to communicate quickly with the parents and staff is one of the best features of Gradelink. I can reach out to one person, a specific class or the entire school using emails, text or a phone message. We save paper by not having to print our report cards or progress reports for parents since they are accessible to them online.

Pros

Gradelink is so easy to use on a daily basis. I refer to it often to record student attendance, look up phone numbers, and check on student information. It is also great for sending messages to parents by email, phone or text. Customer service is wonderful. Whenever we encounter a problem, which is rare, they are always to quick to resolve the issue. Parents are able to access their child's grades on a daily basis to see how they are doing instead of waiting for a report cards or meeting with the teacher.

Cons

Some applications take several steps to enter the data. I wish is could be more streamlined.. There are a lot of reports available so it can be confusing at times to determine which is the one I need.

It's fantastic that your school community is getting so many benefits out of using Gradelink, Kathy! Thank you for sharing.

Gradelink Review

Pros

I like that the platform is easy to use. I am able to keep all my grades in one place and assign a value to each section.I like that emails send are stored for future review.

Cons

The switch between entering in new assignments is not easy. Programs we have used in the past made it easy to enter in new assignments quickly. The use of the planning component is not easy.

Although it's good that you find Gradelink ease to use, we're sorry you're a bit frustrated with assignments, Christine. You may find the information on the help website useful. This link will take you a few articles on working with assignments: bit.ly/2PB1Tob. If you'd like additional assistance, there's no charge for support, so please contact us any time and we'll be happy to help!

Excellent Customer Service

This is the first SIS that I have used formally, and I know there are more expensive, more robust systems out there, but I really believe that Gradelink meets all of our needs at a very affordable price. Some more bells and whistles may be nice, but they aren't really necessary.

Pros

One of the things I appreciate most about Gradelink SIS is it's customer service! Whenever I run into trouble they're always there to help point me in the right direction or fix the problem...though it's most often the former!

Cons

There are some reporting features and the ability to email a single financial statement without downloading first that would be helpful, but the feature I like least is the teacher/school news pages. It would be helpful if it had more formatting capabilities with photos, shapes and text boxes.

We really appreciate your feedback, Christine! Input from our customers is a vital part of our ongoing product development. Please look at the list at gradelink.com/features to see what's available to you already. If there are additional tools you'd like to see, please let us know we're continually working on ways to make Gradelink even more useful.

I wanted to do a shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We have called on numerous occasions for support help and every time these gentlemen have walked us through each step and totally gave us the time and attention we needed. Their enthusiasm for their job came through and thoroughly enjoyed working with them. They each represent Gradelink well! We are integrating gradelink to do more and more for our school and we are going to switch and cancel our other admissions software company.

Pros

We are continuing to learn this software. I like that we are growing and the software is adding the features we need to continue to grow.

Cons

I don't have any negatives so far :) As we continue to use the software to its fullest something may come up but for now, I do not know of any.

Thank you for the encouraging review, JoAnne! You made our day.

Great Customer Service

Pros

Families do not have to enroll themselves. They are easily enrolled because we use Gradelink for our school lesson planning, grading, and communication.

Cons

So far we are very happy with everything.

We love that you're happy with everything, Angela! And we'll continue working hard to keep it that way.

We made the switch

Gradelink now has billing and AR add to the program. It's been a tough road for us to learn all the ins and outs of the system, but service is quite helpful. They worked hard with us and we've asked for many updates to their system, and mostly quite cooperative.

Pros

We use to use excel for everything. Too easy to lose data, make mistakes, difficult to handle. Gradelink made us organize better. Better looking report cards, better system for keeping medical records, It made us look more like an 'institution'.

Cons

We expected parents to be able to update on their own, and we'd receive notice of changes. Parents had a little difficulty navigating, as well as us, and they felt the 'change' from just filling out paper forms. Somehow they felt they had to do more, when in reality it is less, more condensed, better for us.

Thank you for sharing how updating and streamlining your school's management system by switching to Gradelink has made such an impact, Janet! To help parents better understand Gradelink, we have a short video at gradelink.com/student-training.

Perfect Solution for Small Schools

Great program and can't be beat for the price.

Pros

They have the best tech support of any program I have used. The setup and installation were also really easy with their help. The training video and help section are excellent. It is very user friendly and affordable for small schools. Notable: Teacher Pages which have been very Covid Friendly, great report section and parent friendly app. We really like the ease of keeping track of service hours.

Cons

The are constantly improving. One of my recent complaints was in regards to Google Classroom integration, but they fixed that. Next looking forward to the calendar integration. I am still not crazy about their Lesson Plan section for elementary, but that is an easy workaround. It is great for older grade classes though.

Taking care of our schools is our top priority so we truly appreciate your feedback, Loraine! And we're pleased to know Gradelink is working so much better for you than the system you used before.

Gradelink SIS Makes Life Easier

We are able to communicate with all of our parents, whether by email or text, which is great. The software is pretty easy to use and there is always someone available to help when issues arise.

Pros

I love that I always have access to the software and can use it whenever and wherever. I can schedule messages and really have no issues.

Cons

I would like there to be a mobile app portion for use.

Being able to work anywhere is wonderful, isn't it? In addition to the Student/Parent Mobile App, we are planning on an app for teachers and admins, although we don't have a release date at this point. And we love the title of your review, Adrienne!

High Praise for Gradelink and the Customer Service Team!

The Customer Support Team is fantastic. They are kind, encouraging, quick to follow up, and responsive to the first order. Being able to have a team at hand when I run into an issue is key and I can always count on them!

Pros

I find Gradelink easy to use. I came into the school when the person administering Gradelink had an emergency in her family. I was able to do all of the end of year processes with a little bit of guidance from the Gradelink Customer Service Team. My 'stepping in' became a full-time job with Gradelink Administration being a key component. I love the integration that Gradelink provides for Student Information, Online Enrollment, Website Services, and Payment Solutions.

Cons

My own lack of knowledge of SIS. Most things are intuitive, but if it's a process I'm not familiar with, I reach out to the Customer Service Team, who are there right away with guidance for me.

Wow, thank you so much for such an encouraging review, Lynette! You've always been a pleasure to work with.

Gradelink and our Grade School

Gradelink put us all on the same page with regards to our students and their reports and grades, from lowest Elementary age up to Junior High families. The learning curve for our parents was minimal. Overall, it's a great system.

Pros

We are a school with many different grade levels, and many different classes. Our teachers are all able to easily use Gradelink. Of great benefit is the Help option, which answers questions clearly and succinctly. When the answer to questions cannot be found, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responds very quickly to help tickets sent in by email. Gradelink works along with Google Classroom, integrating the two for the teacher's benefit. All our student information can be recorded and accessed in one location. We are also able to communicate clearly with our parents using Gradelink. Our teachers like the Lesson Planning section, and the ease of recording grades. Our administration likes the variety of reports that can be obtained, and ease of printing them.

Cons

We don't have much to say that is negative about this product. If we ever run into a problem, we get prompt help. I guess wording things correctly to find a topic when in the Help section would be the greatest challenge. Clearly, that's not a con even. We are happy with our decision to use Gradelink.

Thank you for sharing so many of the ways your school community is benefiting from using Gradelink, Karen!